Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Splendor taught me how to play the game so now I can play and lose to real people at game meetups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
I'd definitely like to see a new version reflecting the current state of things. I've actually got a large enough phone to make me want to play these now, but only if I were spoon-fed the information otherwise I'll just keep playing shredder chess and dream quest until the end of time because :effort:

Mortley
Jan 18, 2005

aux tep unt rep uni ovi
Does anybody play Sentence Wars? Fairly boardgamelike, asynchronous play and all that. Free download with identical (as far as I can tell) mechanics to Letterpress, 'cept nonsense sentences instead of BS Scrabble words. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sentence-wars/id1034974505?mt=8

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Mortley posted:

Does anybody play Sentence Wars? Fairly boardgamelike, asynchronous play and all that. Free download with identical (as far as I can tell) mechanics to Letterpress, 'cept nonsense sentences instead of BS Scrabble words. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sentence-wars/id1034974505?mt=8

drat, that's a pretty great idea.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Kekekela posted:

I'd definitely like to see a new version reflecting the current state of things. I've actually got a large enough phone to make me want to play these now, but only if I were spoon-fed the information otherwise I'll just keep playing shredder chess and dream quest until the end of time because :effort:
Alright, well if nobody else steps up before then I'll try to get a new streamlined thread going this weekend.

In other news, Pocket Tactics has an interesting article up about Board Game Arena. Tablet-supported browser-based games sounds pretty OK, anybody given it a shot?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Works pretty well on a tablet and the conversions are generally well done. Supports asynchronous play for most (all?) games and there is a lot of variety.

It's the only way I can play Tash Kalar nowadays. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Whoa, a brand new thread!

• Locked thread