Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Metamucil posted:

:aaa: I've read your username a million times before and I only just now realized that its 'Paramemetic' and not 'Parametric.'

You are not the only one. Probably 7/10 people when typing this username end up with either Parametric or Parametic somehow. The brain is a fantastic thing and top down processing is awesome, but it makes IRC hard since people rarely ping my name, I have to set a special notice to just "para."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

It's a variation of "gay man" adapted from an extinct slang language used by (British) gay men in the 19th and early 20th centuries. The language, called Polari, kinda sounds like the slang used in A Clockwork Orange. The word for gay man is Omi-Palone. So it's slightly adapted.

Pseudophile
Dec 25, 2007

I used to use the name Blacksand for years and years, but got bored of it. So I started thinking and combined pseudo and phile after smoking myself stupid one night. I'm a fake fetish, it has a certain ring to it.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

I saw my username on the cover of a book, and figured it sounded cool enough. If I can't use it for whatever reason I go with WendishButt, because it makes me laugh.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Cliff Yablonski hated me in high school and this is the name he made up for me

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
I wanted it to be spacetimecontinuum but the character limit ruined that plan. I've stuck with this name ever since and I basically use it for everything now. Interestingly I also use an ancient wonID for a bunch of passwords :ssh:

Edit: why the gently caress can't I figure out the correct code for the drat :shh: emoticon

E: 2 yeeeessssssss thanks vvvvvvv

spacetimecontinuu fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 11, 2013

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

spacetimecontinuu posted:

I wanted it to be spacetimecontinuum but the character limit ruined that plan. I've stuck with this name ever since and I basically use it for everything now. Interestingly I also use an ancient wonID for a bunch of passwords

Edit: why the gently caress can't I figure out the correct code for the drat :shh: emoticon

You are missing an s and have an extra h :ssh:

Bluish
Sep 13, 2011

:h::h: Love em! ;) :h::h:
I'm not creative and I used to listen to a poo poo ton of Animal Collective.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
I see you see me see you.

Twinkie Fat Sac
Dec 17, 2003
Back in high school some friends and I were smoking some pot. Somehow we got on the conversation of drug dealer names, and a friend said that he once got some pot from a guy who called himself Twinkie Fat Sack. I thought that was so very funny. I think my name was to long so I had to unfortunately use Sac, which quite honestly makes the name not so awesome, but oh well, I dont want to spend money on changing it.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax
Clemen is the mixture of semen and vaginal fluid. It also makes a killer salad dressing.

Miketopus
Jan 24, 2010

Absolutely. If we put little wheels on the bottoms of our shoes, we could just roll around everywhere...
I can hold a coffee mug on each of my fingers (And my thumbs too) which earned me the nickname "Octopus" at my old job. I mixed it with my first name, and the rest is history.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
I once made someone laugh so hard that they died. I've been spending my whole life warning people about the dangers of amusing someone to death :(

Or, it may be the title of a Roger Waters album, can't remember.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Croatians, man (and Slavs in general). We can hold grudges like nobody's business. It's said that as a Croatian ages he gets Croatian Alzheimer's, a condition where we forget everything but the grudges.

Valhalska
May 3, 2007

Please do not be alarmed, we are about to engage...
The Nozzle.
I played a character in Dungeons and Dragons named Oolarg. He was a dumb ogre with a heart of gold.

BigGayLogan
Feb 19, 2011

Quit moeing around like that, uguu~?
I named myself after an old edit-turned-meme from one of the newspaper comic megathreads over in BSS:

Frankie Valium
Mar 28, 2013

b r o s o p h o c l e s e
b r o s t r a d a m u s
b r o c h a c h o
Pretty much, this:

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
The Solomonic Dynasty was the last royal house of Ethiopia, so named because it claimed a line of succession from King Solomon all the way to Haile Selassie (Ras Tafari). I'm not Ethiopian or a Rastafarian or anything, I just thought it sounded cool. :shobon:

razz
Dec 26, 2005

Queen of Maceration

derplo posted:

Pretty much, this:

I loving loved Duplo when I was a kid. I had a set that came with a lovely VHS tape of some kids building lego stuff and they came to life. There was one with a monkey who wouldn't come down from a tall lego tree he built and it was so awesome. drat I want to be 7 again right now.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
I am the dark lord of the sith.......Freddy.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_gi9T24qtM

We are hummingbirds who are just not willing to move
And there's good news for people who love bad news
We are hummingbirds who've lost the plot and we will not move
We have good news for anyone who loves bad news.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariadne%27s_thread_(logic)

Also, Kim Stanley Robinson likes to use the name to refer to a thread that keeps people from loosing each other in low visibility in his books. I've never found anything to suggest that's a real-world thing though.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Mine's a reference to a character in Thomas Pynchon's book "V". Eigenvalue is a dentist who creates a set of false teeth each from a different precious mineral, and has bizarre theories on dentistry work on a spiritual level. An "eigenvalue" is also a mathematical concept that I don't exactly understand.

So I like the character and the book, and it's never taken on anything on the internet.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

It's a variable name in statistics. At the time, I thought that my weird statistics professor in college made it up, but it turns out that's actually what it's called.

WAMPA_STOMPA
Oct 21, 2010
You had to name your guy WAMPA_STOMPA__ and then perform an arcane button combination at the pause menu to unlock the debug menu in Shadows of the Empire, a kinda dumb N64 game, but the debug stuff was fun. Jump outside the level and jetpack around, use weapons that don't exist in the game, play with the lighting. Wooo~

Blue Canary
Aug 31, 2011

You say that I think it's you, but I don't agree with that.
From the song "Birdhouse In Your Soul" by They Might Be Giants

quote:

I have a secret to tell
From my electrical well
Its a simple message and I'm leaving out the whistles and bells
So the room must listen to me
Filibuster vigilantly
My name is Blue Canary, one note spelt L-I-T-E
My storys infinite
Like the longines symphonette it doesn't rest

TacticianMagician
Aug 19, 2009

I claimed this title entirely by lurking around and not having a life. :f5: Woo! :suicide:
Name's actually Thor, grabbed the angelus from a manga about exorcists, it's the name of a prayer but it just sounds awesome.

e: I always had creative problems with names for characters as a child, in most games I would still just name myself thor because it obviously works really well for a ton of those settings..I still can't come up with cool names

TacticianMagician fucked around with this message at 08:26 on May 10, 2013

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

HEY THAT'S A GOOD DOG

Millsy
Dec 28, 2004
All's fair in love and bouncy bouncy.
Pillbug
It's my nickname. My surname is Mills so I can't ever have a different one.

Angry Hippo
May 12, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Adjective + Animal

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Defiance_Industries

Or if you don't want to read stuff that nerds wrote while sperging about imaginary internet robots, Defiance Industries is the leading arms manufacturer of the 31st century. It was the first thing that popped into my head, and yes, I did have it before I started writing pretend robot ads in the BattleTech LP.

Indentured Servant
Aug 31, 2008
A colonial recruitment officer promised me land and eternal riches in exchange for a 5-year contract. Now I live in a shack and grow rice for me and my eight pickneys.

spatula massacre
Aug 2, 2012

I don't want to be your little research monkey boy, the creature that I am is only going to destroy.
I used to have a handle names 'Spatula' back in the day when WinMX used to have chat rooms.

I have used the handle Spatula ever since, however some derp already registered with the name, and I was left to fill in some space after it. I decided to become the Spatula Massacre...

I will find you, Spatula, and I will kill you.

....jus' playin' bud....

but seriously. :commissar:

NineBreaker
Oct 22, 2005

I've liked the Armored Core series since the first one--Armored Core 2 and 3 are two of my favourite games. NineBreaker is a title in most of the games.

F hole
May 13, 2008

Of or pertaining to :parrot:

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
When I was in middle school and I somehow suckered my father into getting AOL when it was 10 hours a month or whatever it was back then, I came up with my username. Nine Inch Nails has always been a favorite band of mine, and I added meister to the end because my 11 or 12 year old brain thought it sounded funny together. It ended up sticking for ever now and I use it for almost everything.

Now that I've been forced to think about my username because of this thread, I'm realizing how terrible it is. Thanks guys.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I thought Phoenixes were pretty awesome and started using that as my tag whenever I could, but it obviously was taken on a lot of places. One night I was dicking around on a new computer with a giant folder of stock images that came with it and accidentally reversed to colors on a picture of a Phoenix and it looked pretty rad. I live in Minnesota so it was a natural progression.

ExplosiveBuck
Jan 8, 2008

I swear to God I will GORE TO DEATH the next idiot who calls me "dear".
I was working on Bioshock when I finally joined the forums. My usual username wasn't available so I panicked.

My one regret is not including the space between the words.

mariolatry
Jun 7, 2006

The time will come.
Mar·i·ol·a·try
n. Excessive veneration or worship of the Virgin Mary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
http://wiki.lspace.org/mediawiki/index.php/Anoia

All the good Discworld references were taken. :argh:

• Locked thread