Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Presidential Punnery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

azreal
Sep 2, 2011

Azrael was going to be the nickname I used in a story for a serial killer, but my ADD kicked in and TV suddenly seemed way more interesting.

Also, I misspelled it when I joined here (because I'm stupid). :mad:

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

slit slammer posted:

Ferrous (from the Latin ferrum) actually refers to iron, not steel. Hence iron's chemical symbol being Fe.

I thought as much but that's what I get from going with Google translate over my own admittedly rusty latin.

Grei Skuring
Sep 12, 2011

:norway::thumbsup:
Smooth sailing, essentially.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
My typical username was taken by a banned account. I saw a guy who had the username Anatharon and thought "yeah that'll do." Total thinking time: 2 seconds.

The WoW character named Anetheron had nothing to do with it. :ms:

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Alternate to Quod Erat Demonstrandum or "That which has been demonstrated" which is the End of Proof statement mathematically... typically implies others incompetence.

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Yeah, my forum name is a giant unkillable internet dragon. What can I say, I was big into Everquest when I created this account. :sigh:

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

When we were teenagers my friend and I used to pretend to be a Russian guy named Yivgev on original Xbox Live. We'd constantly try to sell people fresh produce over Xbox Live and accuse people of stealing our sweaters and credit card numbers, among other things.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
gently caress.

In French.

Technically, "to gently caress".

Devour
Dec 18, 2009

by angerbeet
Devour means my absolute love of great food/booze, or just anything that's great in general.

The text is a quote from Salvador Dali.

Nick Rivers
Nov 23, 2004
Nick? What does that mean?
Oh, nothing. My dad thought of it while he was shaving.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Nick Rivers posted:

Nick? What does that mean?
Oh, nothing. My dad thought of it while he was shaving.

I nicked myself while shaving. :v:

Yuki Akuma
Apr 9, 2007
"Random Japanese I thought was cool when I was fourteen and didn't know what it means".

Turns out it means "Snow Demon", approximately.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Random name change thread. My original name was something dumb too, though I don't remember what exactly. So no, I've never actually weighed 400 lbs, or even close to it.

Dire Chinchilla
Mar 27, 2013
Mine is The Sims Medieval reference. Lame, I know. But I just love Dire Chinchillas.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish
I stole it from that french canadian starcraft pro player who use to be big in Korea back then.

The 1.0 part is after being banned in early 2001. My first account was a beta account.

Herbicidal Maniac
Jun 3, 2008

You will be the effigy I burn, infused with all the traits that make them the detestable little goblins they are.

I had just gotten my herbicide operators license when I got the account. I'm pretty bad at coming up with names, so I changed Homicidal to Herbicidal. My picture is from the study guide for that test, and the quote is from JTHM which I was really into back then. I feel so dull.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A super, super, super obscure fictional character. :v:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Helicopters are pretty cool.

So, to a ten-year-old making a Runescape account, a Hellcopter is like twice as cool. At least.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Scathach is from my writing. He's the basic angry, rear end in a top hat character that everyone who reads my stuff ends up loving for some reason. He's a real goddamn jerk. But the name sounds awesome.

He's also a doctor-ish thing which is where the avi comes in.

Scathach fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Aug 11, 2013

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I like Napoleon. A lot.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
It's the protagonist from a sci fi show called Lexx.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

My name is Thomas and I am studying for a PhD in mitochondrial biology.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Abe gave me this name. I never got upgraded to Cyberlord 7 8.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

An enemy from Earthbound Zero.

Visteri
Apr 2, 2011
I tend to use the same username everywhere for about five years and then switch to another one. I was going through a super girly phase a couple years ago, so I decided to come up with something involving my favorite flower (wisteria). Finnish is my favorite language, so one quick trip to a Finnish dictionary gave me Visteri.

When I registered here, I spent a few minutes trying to think of the perfect clever pun name that would make all the goons respect me. :shobon: Then I said gently caress it and went with Visteri again.

AmenoSei
Apr 20, 2013
I just pasted together a few Japanese words that mean, very very very very loosely, "daughter of the rain", because I like rain, and I like Japanese too even though I don't really know it. Also it's not a username I'd used before and avoiding being easily googled is a fun challenge.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
As a big Electric Light Orchestra fan, I wanted to use "Mr. Blue Sky", but it was already taken, so I found another male moniker. I could have used Mr. Radio, but I didn't want people to think I was in the radio business.

It comes from this album:

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
Tardigrades are adorable little marshmallowy things that can live through almost anything. They're awesome.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
I got drunk one night and decided to change my username. I guess I thought it sounded cool or saw it somewhere. I don't remember.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

I got drunk one night and decided to change my username. I guess I thought it sounded cool or saw it somewhere. I don't remember.

It does sound like a drunk play on words, written in caps as well, alcohol is bad for doing stuff on the internet.

Balqis
Sep 5, 2011

In some traditions, mine is the name of the Queen of Sheba, who was supposed to be smart and beautiful and full of those Mary Sue characteristics. However, I prefer to imagine it being used in the context of, "That jaded hussy, flaunting around like she's the goddamn Queen of Sheba."

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

Kind of a random nickname I chose in the early 00's, after thinking that my previous nickname "prodigy" was a bit too generic.

Pilsner is a type of beer, and I don't even care much for beer.

West007
Apr 21, 2013

Pilsner posted:

Kind of a random nickname I chose in the early 00's, after thinking that my previous nickname "prodigy" was a bit too generic.

Pilsner is a type of beer, and I don't even care much for beer.

Pilsner is probably the best beer available around where I live though, my personal favorite as well.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It's the German word for shark, which I picked sort of at random.

Sort of. :v: I'm terrible at thinking of usernames, so I'll resort to looking through my music collection until something clicks.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.
Two words that sounded cool when I was in middle school. I learned "vertigo" from a Bon Jovi song when I was eleven or twelve, and "ambrosia" was the name of some black gradient in some 3D rendering program (I don't know either :confusion:). I really usually just do Vertigo, but that's often taken and sometimes I don't want to just add some numbers in. People sometimes ask if I named myself after the movie; I've never seen it (though I know I should), and to be honest, I don't entirely care for Hitchcock.

In retrospect it's really weird that a word I picked at random has been my go-to identity on the internet for over ten years...

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007
I picked my name from an obscure villain from The Tick cartoon series, on the basis that nobody else would pick that name. It turns out plenty of people pick that name for the same reason.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 09:44 on May 15, 2013

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe
My first name is Derek, and once when I was a teenager I was making a D&D character because my new girlfriend's friends were playing it, and my cousin walked in on me and went "Holy drat, Derek's doin' D&D, the Double D Dandy Doodle D Quad, dorkin' it down" etc. Called me D Quad that whole summer, a friend heard it, it spread, now everyone calls me D Quad or Quad and no one remembers why. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

obviously I fucked it
Oct 6, 2009
I'm just a chick who's into old movies. Meh.

• Locked thread