Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Midnight Shakes
Apr 10, 2009
G2Play is offering the Steam version of Injustice for just around 18 euros at the moment. The game runs decently on my computer, but I cannot for the life of me find any people playing online. I've tried messing around with my download region, but it doesn't seem to affect anything :saddowns:

Midnight Shakes fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Midnight Shakes posted:

G2Play is offering the Steam version of Injustice for just around 18 euros at the moment. The game runs decently on my computer, but I cannot for the life of me find any people playing online. I've tried messing around with my download region, but it doesn't seem affect anything :saddowns:

I think it's because lots of people were turned off by how they hosed up the initial launch on PC, so there was a lot of waiting until they patched it enough to be actually playable.

Midnight Shakes
Apr 10, 2009
I managed to get a couple of games in yesterday, but yeah, online seems like a ghost town on the PC atm. Hopefully it'll be better after Christmas rolls around.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Necroneocon posted:

I think it's because lots of people were turned off by how they hosed up the initial launch on PC, so there was a lot of waiting until they patched it enough to be actually playable.
What was screwed? I was thinking of grabbing this for PC soonish.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

redbackground posted:

Nothing I can tell. Just no one bought it. We have a Steam Group for this game, though like the online, it's a ghost town. Steam Group Link.

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

redbackground posted:

Multiplayer didn't work. It didn't use Nvidia cards properly causing extreme slowdown and unplayability.

You can read it on the forums, be sure to ignore the crazy people. They've patched it and I guess it works fine now? But I was too pissed because I was looking forward to the game so I uninstalled it and used the 26gigs for something else.

I'll reinstall it in the future.

mfny
Aug 17, 2008
Wanted to play but my ps3 is dead so picked up the ultimate edition on 360 today. Gt: S1nn3rUK

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
For the whole three of you who might care, the Injustice app is finally available on the Play Store for Android devices, meaning all those cool costumes you can get that are app-only (looking at you, Knightfall Bane) are finally more than just wishful thinking for the people who don't have iThings.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
I've been meaning to ask this, but I've been too busy and/or forgetful to post... Did they nerf (for lack of a better term) Green Arrow's super during the final animation where his opponent falls to the ground? I used to be able to do B3 every time during that point and continue a combo, but it seems like 7/10 times the B3 goes through the opponent.

I haven't really played INJ in a long time, so I dunno if it's just me being rusty, but I played a little bit to show it to my older brother a couple weeks ago and I couldn't do that to show off my mad skills as GA. I thought it might've been a little latency issue or something like that, but I tried it in practice mode and it seems like you have to actually time it. :(

mfny posted:

Wanted to play but my ps3 is dead so picked up the ultimate edition on 360 today. Gt: S1nn3rUK
Friend request sent. My GT is ZeroBeast2. I don't play as often as I used to (especially since the game seems like it's dying, which sucks since I think this is one of the best fighting games I've ever played :smith:), but if we're both online and you wanna play, I'm down. :)

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I picked up the regular edition on sale for $30 thinking the DLC was still on sale in the PSN, it's not. Does it go on sale so rarely that I'm better off just taking it back and getting the Ultimate Edition?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Injustice PC is $25 for another hour and a half on Steam. I picked it up~

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Nahxela posted:

Injustice PC is $25 for another hour and a half on Steam. I picked it up~

It's one of the Daily Deals on Steam for the same price. For anyone that picks it up, we have a nice, small, unoccupied Steam Group that you can join.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Grabbed this during the Steam sale, and it's weird- I meet the recommended specs but it runs like poo poo if I try to use my monitor's native resolution, I have to do 1024x768 instead of 1280x1024. If I went with what the game recommended, I'd be using something ridiculous like 720x568. :psyduck: Are there any known issues that could be causing this? I have all the settings turned down low and it still slows down sometimes. It's weird, because I've been playing Assassin's Creed IV on all high settings without a hitch, I thought this would be fine.

EDIT: Apparently the way the game is set up, it always pumps out all 60 frames even if you can't reach that, so if you end up getting 30 fps it runs at half speed? :psyduck: Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

DOUBLE EDIT: Apparently the issue was that it was defaulting to my motherboard's graphics chip instead of my GPU. Which is... weird.

Ugly In The Morning fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Dec 31, 2013

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Grabbed this during the Steam sale, and it's weird- I meet the recommended specs but it runs like poo poo if I try to use my monitor's native resolution, I have to do 1024x768 instead of 1280x1024. If I went with what the game recommended, I'd be using something ridiculous like 720x568. :psyduck: Are there any known issues that could be causing this? I have all the settings turned down low and it still slows down sometimes. It's weird, because I've been playing Assassin's Creed IV on all high settings without a hitch, I thought this would be fine.

EDIT: Apparently the way the game is set up, it always pumps out all 60 frames even if you can't reach that, so if you end up getting 30 fps it runs at half speed? :psyduck: Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

DOUBLE EDIT: Apparently the issue was that it was defaulting to my motherboard's graphics chip instead of my GPU. Which is... weird.

The game runs at 60FPS because it's a fighting game where all the moves have frame data for the timing, for example some moves can "Frame Trap" meaning there is only one frame where the opponent can do something. IF you take the 60FPS lock out, the entire game would become unplayable.

As for why it was defaulting to your on-board GPU, :iiam:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Unbound posted:

The game runs at 60FPS because it's a fighting game where all the moves have frame data for the timing, for example some moves can "Frame Trap" meaning there is only one frame where the opponent can do something. IF you take the 60FPS lock out, the entire game would become unplayable.

As for why it was defaulting to your on-board GPU, :iiam:

Yeah, I can see that, but then you run into a different kind of unplayable where it's like everyone is fighting in molasses and your input goes really weird. I guess fighting games are tricky on PC because you've got such variable hardware.

It's so great to have my own copy of this, though, now that it works. The character powers are awesome now that I know what they do. Gonna tear some poo poo up next time my friends get together for fighting game night! :getin:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Am i right in thinking that once i synch up the WBID and unlock the story mode character skins i'll have unlocked all of the costumes in the ultimate edition?

I'm looking at a list but there are so many costumes (and no ingame check list) that it's kinda hard to keep track. I seem to have the Elseworlds Flash costume already and haven't touched star labs so i figure i've got them all.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Kin posted:

Am i right in thinking that once i synch up the WBID and unlock the story mode character skins i'll have unlocked all of the costumes in the ultimate edition?

I'm looking at a list but there are so many costumes (and no ingame check list) that it's kinda hard to keep track. I seem to have the Elseworlds Flash costume already and haven't touched star labs so i figure i've got them all.

I am pretty sure that the Ultimate Edition comes with all of the costumes unlocked, including the Story Mode and Star Labs ones.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
PC Injustice is quite sad. I only see a few full green bars at a time, most other connections are just molasses.

ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
I'm sorry if this the wrong place, but do any of you guys have any advice for the Android version of this game? Particularly the Zod challenge going on right now, is there any actual strategy to it or is it "grind levels, win." I'm trying to help a family member who is struggling, but I don't know the game or any of the things you do in it.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

ProfessorCurly posted:

I'm sorry if this the wrong place, but do any of you guys have any advice for the Android version of this game? Particularly the Zod challenge going on right now, is there any actual strategy to it or is it "grind levels, win." I'm trying to help a family member who is struggling, but I don't know the game or any of the things you do in it.

The strategy is basically "give us money." You just have to grind and power up your skills. I gave up on it long ago because it stopped being fun when it was obviously out to take my money.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Anyone still playing this on PC? I grabbed it during the steam sale, figured it'd be fun. GT is FoxMedik.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Anyone still playing this on PC? I grabbed it during the steam sale, figured it'd be fun. GT is FoxMedik.

I'll play when ever you want. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198042674067/

Also, I made a group for this, though there is few people in it: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/GoonsAmongUs

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Snagged the ultimate edition of this bad boy for PC. There's a lot of great stuff here, but holy hell does this port suffer from some serious issues. I have to run it in windowed at a significantly smaller resolution and with essentially no graphical effects turned on in order to get it to not run in molasses mode during fights. Plus it's a bit capricious- sometimes it likes to load just fine, sometimes it wants me to reboot my computer before it'll run. No other game I have does this.

How lame. Still, got it at a discount and I'm enjoying all of the cool attention to detail in these DC characters. There are soooo many awesome alternate costumes.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

Snagged the ultimate edition of this bad boy for PC. There's a lot of great stuff here, but holy hell does this port suffer from some serious issues. I have to run it in windowed at a significantly smaller resolution and with essentially no graphical effects turned on in order to get it to not run in molasses mode during fights. Plus it's a bit capricious- sometimes it likes to load just fine, sometimes it wants me to reboot my computer before it'll run. No other game I have does this.

How lame. Still, got it at a discount and I'm enjoying all of the cool attention to detail in these DC characters. There are soooo many awesome alternate costumes.

Use the launcher and make sure it's using your video card to run the game. Mine defaulted to using the motherboard's onboard chipset and it caused me a lot of problems.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone else pick up the comics for this?

Haven't been to the thread in a while, but I just picked up the last 4 issues of the series that I hadn't grabbed yet. Only to find out I spent like $34 on this thing digitally and now it's 12.99 for all of it outside the "Annual".

I was curious if the Annual was worth it, and if there are plans to continue the story sometime soon? I mean I was looking forward to seeing what happened to Flash in the alt universe. :(

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

KGBAgent185 posted:

Anyone else pick up the comics for this?

Haven't been to the thread in a while, but I just picked up the last 4 issues of the series that I hadn't grabbed yet. Only to find out I spent like $34 on this thing digitally and now it's 12.99 for all of it outside the "Annual".

I was curious if the Annual was worth it, and if there are plans to continue the story sometime soon? I mean I was looking forward to seeing what happened to Flash in the alt universe. :(

Have you seen Injustice: Year Two? It just started a few weeks back. Not weekly anymore, but every second week I think.

Edit: Ah, sorry, I think you mean continue the story from the game rather than the comics. My bad.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Keeku posted:

Have you seen Injustice: Year Two? It just started a few weeks back. Not weekly anymore, but every second week I think.

Edit: Ah, sorry, I think you mean continue the story from the game rather than the comics. My bad.

Nope, you got it! I'll have to check for it digitally. When I searched for Injustice I only saw Vol. 1 and the annual. I'll have to do a bit more searching and look for Volume 2. I was disappointed with how many loose ends volume one had left open between it and the games storyline.

E: Just found it, it's Injustice: Year Two, not Injustice: Gods Among Us which is probably why it didn't show up for me. I just immediately clicked on the latter to grab the issues I was missing.

E2: holy poo poo. Read issue 2 and did not see that ending coming. It has been a while since I have played the game so I had completely forgotten that green lantern was from the non-injustice timeline. I had thought Joker and the Flash were the two that died.

Drowning Rabbit fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Feb 1, 2014

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Holy poo poo I am bad at this game and fighting games in general. Is there any way to increase the time allowed to combo or something because I can't finish the tutorial.

Specifically, I'm doing the 1,1,2,DF1 combo and I can do the 1,1,2 part but the DF1 just never goes off and I am trapped in the tutorial forever.

Cool Dad fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Feb 4, 2014

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Gilok posted:

Holy poo poo I am bad at this game and fighting games in general. Is there any way to increase the time allowed to combo or something because I can't finish the tutorial.

Specifically, I'm doing the 1,1,2,DF1 combo and I can do the 1,1,2 part but the DF1 just never goes off and I am trapped in the tutorial forever.

unlike Tekken or Street Fighter, the game uses the weird Mortal Kombat style combos where canceling a 1,1,2 into a df1 is to input the combo as quickly as possible for basic cancels. So just do 1,1,2df1 as fast as possible rather than wait till the last hit to cancel like in Street Fighter.

Bigger combos have a slight timing issue where you have to set up an launcher after a pop-up but for a beginner just keep that trick in mind if trying to cancel into a special.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Anyone want to play this on 360? Does anyone even play this at all anymore? Suddenblackout!??

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Hate to bump a centuries old thread, but is WBID dead? I cannot seem to log in with my legit one, or any of the ones with all the unlockables on the PC. very strange. also WHO WANTS SOME!?

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
I also hate to bump a centuries-old thread, but on the subject of Netherrealm Studios fighters, is there a thread up for the new Mortal Kombat yet?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Tempus Rimeblood posted:

I also hate to bump a centuries-old thread, but on the subject of Netherrealm Studios fighters, is there a thread up for the new Mortal Kombat yet?

No, and probably not a good idea to start one until closer to launch. Maybe take it to the General Fighting Game thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3433271

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's probably worse than just not having anywhere to discuss it.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
More info is going to be coming out at E3. At that point there will probably be enough to make a thread for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Aphrodite posted:

That's probably worse than just not having anywhere to discuss it.

This is how I feel about it.

For some news related to Injustice; both it and Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition are on sale 75% off on Steam. Injustice at 7.49 USD and MKKE at 4.99 USD.

• Locked thread