Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

CaptCommy posted:

You should also ask to switch out Atlantis for a stage that doesn't suck so hard. :colbert:

If they should change it to anything, Comic Nerds and Fighting Spergs is to good for words.

AndyElusive posted:

Any Xbox360 Goons down for a room of Injostice: Goons Amung Us?

I'm down for Sinestro: Sinestro among us.

Edit: Created us a room on the Xbox. "GoonRoom" is where I will be idling for a while. Come fight me!

Unbound fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

If they should change it to anything, Comic Nerds and Fighting Spergs is to good for words.

If you guys are around in 30, I'll join in.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It's probably weird to say this after reposting a big old wall of text about the guy, but I think I'm done with Bane now. I've fallen into the trap before of picking the "interesting but not very good grappler" character early in other games' lives and I think I gotta stop.

Besides, Superman has the advantage of being fun and also being good.

IMO Superman might be the overall best character in the game right now, or at least competing with aquaman. He does everything well. Didn't superman players win both wnf and battle circuit this week? I know CD Jr was destroying people with him on spookys stream.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
Only characters with "man" in their name are allowed to be top tier in this game.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Jmcrofts posted:

Only characters with "man" in their name are allowed to be top tier in this game.

Woo! Grundy is top tier!

Actually, since apparently his trait makes people drop out of the game that is probably accurate.

Edit: poo poo, Solomon not Soloman. I am dumb.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Unbound posted:

Edit: Created us a room on the Xbox. "GoonRoom" is where I will be idling for a while. Come fight me!

Ok I'll be in there in about 30. That thing you always do between matches, Unbound? I'm doing that first.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Yeah let's all do thing and meet up in 30, ready...break!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Holy Calamity! posted:

Yeah let's all do thing and meet up in 30, ready...break!

See you guys behind the shed. Bring the kryptonite. I have a plan.

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
I don't know what it is about Lobo, but he's the one character in the game I can consistently nail long combos with. Is it just more relaxed timing or is there something I'm missing?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
He has 2 strings that naturally go together, and huge hitboxes on other ones. The trickiest part of any combo in the game (besides the weird need for precision) for me has always been landing a b3 after a string but his b3 has to be landed after a huge ground bounce which makes it easier imo.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
Reposting because new thread:

If you play on PSN add me. I'm: EthnicX.

The online is actually pretty good, as long as I play with people on my friends list.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

I honestly do not have any idea how the hell the game can have not much lag in game, but voice chat goes choppy as gently caress constantly and rooms routinely split if you have more than 4 people in one.

GGs tonight all. I see I've completely forgotten how to get in with Grundy.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

Reposting because new thread:

If you play on PSN add me. I'm: EthnicX.

The online is actually pretty good, as long as I play with people on my friends list.

I need to check and see if you're still on my friends list. I seem to recall us having a decent connection in other games in the past.

Edit: I must've needed friend list room at some point and deleted you, so I went ahead and re-sent friend request.

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 10, 2013

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Great games tonight with the 360 crew. I am happy that I was able to take off Canadian's Superman armor bar.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

GG's to all in the room tonight.

-McHardSteel: you really leveled your Lex up from last I saw it, good stuff.

Soonmot posted:

Great games tonight with the 360 crew. I am happy that I was able to take off Canadian's Superman armor bar.

Just gotta keep at it and you'll be there sooner rather than later. Anytime we are both online just hit me up and Ill be glad to take you to online training mode give you some tips.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Soonmot posted:

I'm rather happy I haven't tried going against any of the other goons now.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Fibby Boy posted:

I'm rather happy I haven't tried going against any of the other goons now.

We're not all that good!

But really good games on the Xbox tonight. Learned a lot about Superman, but more about how to thoroughly get my rear end kicked by Flash. :flashfact:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

If you read this while we are playing, we can do online practice if you want so I can show you some stuff. It'd be handy if you have a headset and/or irc to do it, though.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Unbound posted:

We're not all that good!

I'll gladly play games with you because we're about even with each other and whenever you learn new things it forces me to change up. We learn at the same rate!

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Good games in the XBL goon room tonight guys. Had a packed house for a while!

Videotendo
Jan 5, 2011

Button Masher
Fun game, even if I got cut off on the mic all the time. I blame more on a lovely mic than anything. :v:

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jmcrofts posted:

More bane for me :getin:

Ugh Jmcrofts Bane is the stuff of nightmares. That 9 game stomp streak haunts me to this very day.

Jmcrofts posted:

Catwoman obviously fits the bill here. She is the toppest of tier characters.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

gannyGrabber posted:

Ugh Jmcrofts Bane is the stuff of nightmares. That 9 game stomp streak haunts me to this very day.

Catwoman obviously fits the bill here. She is the toppest of tier characters.

I taught him everything he knows. :smug: Okay, not really, but we did have a couple fun Bane mirror sessions.

Also, I need another shot at your Catwoman sometime to see if I can get better at blocking MB Cat Dash.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Jmcrofts posted:

Wonderwoman, secret top tier char? :confused:

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

This is going to sound like a crotchety old man rant, but good lord in heaven -

How do you make a DC fighting game about superheroes fighting each other in teams and NOT include a loving tag team mode?!

I took Injustice over to a friend's place, we talked about how excited we were to reignite the countless hours we spent with the latest Mortal Kombat. A few rounds of Versus, then a few rounds of "Beat the holy hell out of the computer in tag team" to cool down.

We spent ten minutes looking for the option in the menu!

And here's the thing - there's plenty of other things that soured me to Injustice. A host of tweaks that make the game rougher to casual players like myself - no option for an actual block button, some of the ladder modes don't have any difficulty settings, the STAR Labs levels requiring an inhuman level of skill. There's the godawful story mode that is both a) stupidly repetitive and a step down from MK9 and b) Poorly, poorly written.

But all of those are probably defensible, even if I disagree with them.

The lack of tag team, however, is just shameful.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Tourney player REO seems a bit unhappy with Lobo: http://testyourmight.com/threads/why-is-lobo-so-execution-heavy-rant.32181/

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

He brings up good points but when he starts off with 'gently caress this im going back to using the best characters in the game' it just makes him look like he's whining because hes so used to characters that don't have significant flaws to work around.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

It's probably weird to say this after reposting a big old wall of text about the guy, but I think I'm done with Bane now. I've fallen into the trap before of picking the "interesting but not very good grappler" character early in other games' lives and I think I gotta stop.

Besides, Superman has the advantage of being fun and also being good.

It's weird to see you post this, I'm literally going to do the same thing - watched Evil Canadian's Superman video and said "Why the gently caress am I not playing this guy? He's got solutions to everything AND he's a badass", I love Bane but you quickly realize his trait is only consistently useful at level 1 (which is ridiculous, why make a trait that is 2/3rds a trap?) and he just can't deal with certain tactics effectively, having to do a lot more scouting/reads than similar characters. TestYourMight's Bane forum talks him up like he's a super beastly Wakeup God who can't be stopped once he knocks you down but I've gone into practice mode and discovered that most characters can safely stuff Bane on wakeup with a couple of moves and a little practice, even WITH Venom armor up, so this is the case of a bunch of players not realizing their opponents aren't dealing with their tactics properly. If I'm going to learn a character I would rather it be a character with some good potential rather than one where I have to fight an uphill battle against an opponent of similar skill. Forget it. Like yourself, I've already picked poo poo characters I enjoyed in previous games and gotten wrecked. It's disheartening as hell and ultimately sours me on the game.

I was also thinking about maybe Flash but I've heard nothing about him and also for whatever weird reason I'm only interested in characters that are bad. So I'll bet he's not very good.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The lack of Tag Team was a bit dissapointing for me, too. Even if it was just a lazy 'press L2 to swap in' thing, I'd be happy with it.

Wonderwoman being top tier has never been a secret. She is amazing.

SN64, I'm going home for the weekend to visit parents, but I -might- be on tomorrow night for a bit. I'll take you on!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I was also thinking about maybe Flash but I've heard nothing about him and also for whatever weird reason I'm only interested in characters that are bad. So I'll bet he's not very good.

Flash is amazing and he's sort of my main. He's not easy to use and he's all about mixups once he gets in on people. Also, he has the best looking super in the game.

His weaknesses, however, include some zoners (Deathstroke and Supes, the rest are easy to punish), and... people who bunnyhop a lot. His d2 completely sucks, and his anti air move has almost no priority, anything can beat it.

Other than that, it's all about figuring the other player out and using mind games to beat them. :eng101:

Edit: and oh yeah, no interactables will ever hit you thanks to his db1. :D

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Krad posted:

Flash is amazing and he's sort of my main. He's not easy to use and he's all about mixups once he gets in on people. Also, he has the best looking super in the game.

Doomsday would beg to differ. Then he would beg to DESTROY YOU ALL.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Doomsday wouldn't beg.

And I'm pretty sure Batgirl has the best super in the game.

As for Flash discussion, he's basically hard mode Catwoman. He's tough to pick up and play, but he's definitely worth it. A good flash player can take anyone down.

Free Gratis
Apr 17, 2002

Karate Jazz Wolf
I'll be playing on PSN for a while. PSN: Praetor51

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

PantsBandit posted:

Doomsday would beg to differ. Then he would beg to DESTROY YOU ALL.

My Flash can beat your Doomsday! :goonsay:

His worst matchup is definitely a good Deathstroke and a good GL. Hate them both so much. :mad:

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

Krad posted:

Wonderwoman, secret top tier char? :confused:

Yes, actually.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

If you read this while we are playing, we can do online practice if you want so I can show you some stuff. It'd be handy if you have a headset and/or irc to do it, though.

Great games last night man, you really know your poo poo. Thank you for only playing Superman for a few matches.

And I'm totally down for training mode next time we play (but unfortunately I don't have a mic, and am bad at computers so I don't know what irc is).

For those of you who bought the guide, is it worth the $25?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I hear good things about the guide. It's nothing you can't find online, but it's a handy reference for learning your character.

You should really get a mic! PS3 can support just about any USB mic in the world, and they're pretty cheap these days.

IRC is an internet chat thingy.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

For those of you who bought the guide, is it worth the $25?

From how I understand it, the guide was split up between Tom Brady, PL, and CDjr. Tom Brady's the only who seemed to really give a poo poo, or know how to write, so if you're looking for high level, useful information, here are the characters Tom wrote for: Aquaman, Green Lantern, Joker, Shazam, Sinestro, Solomon Grundy, Superman, and Wonder Woman. If you're playing somebody else you may want to pass.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Tutorial videos are way more useful than a written guide anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010
I'm really feeling Wonder Woman as a secret top tier. She gets whiff punishes for 39-40% meterless, and has a 50/50 game and thats just in lasso stance. Not to mention her parry can make some safe block string unsafe. I should probably play some better people though. I've mostly been playing dumbass deathstrokes that shoot guns, and spam unsafe reversals and get murdered for it.

• Locked thread