Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Unfortunately I'm moving fairly soon, so I'm pretty busy lately. In combination with kind of a bleh attitude, there hasn't been much time/motivation to log on. After the first week of September things should iron out better though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big_D
Feb 10, 2009
I haven't been able to log in at all since the emergency patch; instead of fixing my client, it broke it. I get stuck at "Requesting authentication from the login server", and it never gets past that.

How are we on GAP? Has anybody else been experiencing this issue?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
There's been a downtime patch today removing the "bonus" quest xp event etc so perhaps it will have fixed your login bug. I always thought you were Debacle with your forumname being Big_D :v:

Anyways, we are at 29k GAP atm with the 1k I've just done for today and room for another 1k from someone. Not sure if that is good or bad tbh, I'd never even noticed there was such a thing as GAP and though everything was based on guild points! I r derp apparently.

Big_D
Feb 10, 2009
I'm still sidelined after the patch. I don't know right now when I'll be able to get back on; so, we need y'all more than ever, now.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Tried to get on just now and servers are down for another Emergency Maint. I've seen a few posts on the forums from people saying they haven't been able to login and the latest patch not fixing it so maybe today's the day!

http://atlantica.nexon.net/News/Detail/202/00H6B/1?nxid=12

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
I'm going to be indisposed for another week at least, unfortunately.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Big_D posted:

I'm still sidelined after the patch. I don't know right now when I'll be able to get back on; so, we need y'all more than ever, now.

5 page thread on the main forum now, closest to official acknowledgement is Pranny sighing because he had been told that if you use your email address to login that would work instead but for most people affected it still doesn't work.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
New event after todays maint..

http://atlantica.nexon.net/News/Detail?boardNo=301&contentNo=00H6w&nxid=12

quote:

Keep on Logging, Logging, Logging (In)
From 9/5 – 9/26, stay logged in each day for some easy rewards!

One hour reward: Teleportation License (1 day/no trade)
Teleportation Licenses let you teleport directly to any city or dungeon you’ve visited before.

Two hour reward: Workload License(1 day/no trade)
Workload Licenses give you an extra +30% to workload.

Three hour reward: Guan Yu Search License (1 day/no trade)
Guan Yu Search Licenses summon a Guan Yu doll to collect loot in battle. Even better, he can be used with your normal search robot, which frees your mercenaries to fight instead of loot.

Four hour reward: 1 September Level-up Support Box
These boxes will grant you one of the following items:
Panda’s Pandora Box - contains either a permanent or 1-day panda mount! The permanent mount is tradable!
Blessing License (1 day/no trade) – gives you a boost in combat power and experience when fighting monsters.
Ancient Skill Book (merc. only) – grants 1 million experience to a mercenary of your choice.
2 Scrolls of Resurrection (no trade) - casts a spell to revive fallen mercenaries in battle.
2 Scrolls of Life’s Blessing (no trade) - casts a powerful healing spell on your formation in battle.

The Revolution

Clear the Revolution dungeon with your guild for extra rewards, including a chance to get special gear for the Patriot mercenary!
Event Details

Clear the Revolution and every participant will get a Patriot’s Precious Treasure, which contains one Patriot’s Precious Treasure Chest (tradable) and one Patriot’s Blessing (no trade).
The Patriot’s Precious Treasure Chest (tradable)
Patriot Light Armor
Furious Patriot Light Armor
Patriot Chain Gauntlets
Furious Patriot Chain Gauntlets
Patriot Chain Helm
Furious Patriot Chain Helm
Patriot Chain Boots
Furious Patriot Chain Boots
Patriot Leggings
Furious Patriot Leggings
Enriched Adamantium Ingot
Enhanced Titanium Ingot
Guild Operation Textbook
(6-10) Enchant Stone [IV]
(2-3) Enchant Stone [V]
(1-2) Enchant Stone [VI]
(10-20) Shimmering Opal
(1-5) Shimmering Sapphire
3 Mysterious Vial: Death
3 Mysterious Vial: Valor
3 Mysterious Vial: Wisdom
3 Mandragora
Dragon God's Equipment Box
Evil Equipment Box
Pegasus Equipment Box
Evil Dragon God's Equipment Box
Supreme Evil Equipment Box
Enchanted Pegasus Equipment Box
Dragon Soul Jewel
Giant Soul Jewel
Redemption Soul Jewel
Phoenix Soul Jewel
Multi-Hued Soul Jewel
3 Dragon Soul Crystal
3 Giant Soul Crystal
3 Redemption Soul Crystal
3 Phoenix Soul Crystal
Multi-Hued Soul Crystal
Awakened Chi You's Ring
Awakened Nuwa's Ring
Awakened Fu Xi's Ring
Awakened Pangu's Ring
The Patriot’s Blessing (no trade) contains one of the following items:
Ancient Skill Book (no trade) - grants 1 million experience to a mercenary of your choice.
Ancient Book of Knowledge (no trade) - grants 5 million experience to a mercenary of your choice.
Judgment Equipment Box – contains a random piece of Judgment equipment.
20 Plain BBQs - a tasty meal that restores 17,000 HP and 2,200 MP to your formation.
20 Rooibos Teas - a refreshing drink that restores 2,200 HP and 17,000 MP to your formation.
Atlantis Gold Coins (various amounts) - trade these with the vendors in Rome for valuable items.

As an added bonus, during the event period (9/5 – 9/26), Operation Orders can be purchased from NPC Guide Acong at the Gate of Rome for 1 billion gold! Remember, these keys are needed to enter the Revolution dungeon with your guild.
Judgment Gear Crafting

To celebrate the introduction of Judgment gear crafting, we’re holding a +100% Craft Workload and Craft EXP event from 9/5 – 9/12! That should make crafting the highest-level gear in all of Atlantica a little bit easier!

We can do the guild dungeon, right? :v:

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
And down again almost immediately for a 2 hour maint to fix a "technical issue" :v:

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Fazana posted:

And down again almost immediately for a 2 hour maint to fix a "technical issue" :v:

Another emergency maint this morning and afterwards the Market is still bugged to hell with database errors.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Okay, last time I will post without someone else posting so this doesn't appear to be my own blog thread :v:

Anyways, I left my account logged in while I did other crap yesterday and the four hour reward turned out to be different to how they worded it!

quote:

Four hour reward: 1 September Level-up Support Box
These boxes will grant you one of the following items:
Panda’s Pandora Box - contains either a permanent or 1-day panda mount! The permanent mount is tradable!
Blessing License (1 day/no trade) – gives you a boost in combat power and experience when fighting monsters.
Ancient Skill Book (merc. only) – grants 1 million experience to a mercenary of your choice.
2 Scrolls of Resurrection (no trade) - casts a spell to revive fallen mercenaries in battle.
2 Scrolls of Life’s Blessing (no trade) - casts a powerful healing spell on your formation in battle.

Instead of getting one of those items, I got ALL of them. Perfect timing for the BL license as it's AO day today!

Edit: If you read this Ataran, can you level the guild up please. It's 20% + past the amount needed!

Fazana fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 7, 2013

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007
Unscheduled maintenance since 5 pm. It's 5 to midnight now, so GAP will be a question mark for sure.

But hey, at least Fazana can post again.

Edit: I read the Atlantica forums. Apparently there was a pretty blatant duping bug. Reports are that Light of Judgement pricing at market had dropped to 20m from 300m last night, so yeah it was pretty bad.

Grunduggerer fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 8, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Thank god :v:

Slightly more seriously, yes there was a duping bug involving the Rome warehouse and within a few hours yesterday the market was absolutely flooded with +10 Judge gear. Apparently you get very few of the Lights when you dismantle yet yesterday there was a massive influx of multipe thousands of them onto the market pushing them down to the hilariously low amount of 500k at one point according to location chat.

I played on and off for a few hours yesterday (thanks to the free TP and BL licenses they are handing out) and the dupe was being talked about quite openly in loc chat from very early on but it took them almost 12 hours to yank the servers down and 7 hours later they are still down. The dupe involved the warehouse and lag when taking an item out allegedly, the recent change they made where you can't have your inventory open when using the warehouse or quest logs etc was to try and combat a dupe that had been seen on other versions of AO but they missed a biggie.

I did 123-125 and levelled a bunch of extra mercs so I have a full 100+ expedition team to start working on BUT even with all that I really can't see how they don't do a rollback if they want to fix it properly and would support them doing so. It would need to go back as far as Thursdays maint as the bug had been around from then but they waited until the weekend and Nexons shameful lack of any staff coverage before loading the market up with what they had been exploiting for a couple of days.

I suspect they won't do that though, having to sort out the IM mess for any rollback would be way beyond a company that has no shame whatsoever in having tickets take 3-4 months to get a canned response because there are so few support staff employed who only work normal business hours.

Edit: What makes this extra hilarious is that it happened on AO day, the one day a month where they get most of the still interested remaining playerbase logging in. We had 31 people in Babel last night, I waved the flag on behalf of the mighty GS! That extra 1% defence from the guild levelling up made all the difference I'm sure \o/

Edit2: It's back up. No rollback, they claim they've removed all the duped items and banned the exploiters. I'll be very impressed/amazed if they actually have done so! AO day will be repeated next Saturday and the rest of today will have a 100% xp buff and 50% attack buff.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Sep 8, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
As I sort of said at the end of the previous post, I would have been amazed if they had removed the duped items. They are now admitting they haven't got rid of all of them and cynics are saying they haven't deleted any...

There's a fairly acrimonious level of posting going on around the official forum with threads and comments being deleted all over the place, Nexon are still saying a rollback is a possibility if they can't decide of a better way to handle the high end economy being so comprehensively trashed. Whoops!

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
When I found I couldn't even summon the will to login for more than 30 mins on Atlantica Day I knew it was back to hiatus mode while this boring event is running.

Do you still need someone on each day to do the GAP? I'll keep the game installed if so and leave my team logged out at a skirmish so I can bang some out each day.

Big_D
Feb 10, 2009
I'm back, now, but I promptly crashed early with a fever and didn't wake up until after GAP reset one night this week, so we're down 1K GAP for the next two weeks.

I'll try not to mess it up again.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

Hey, I just started the game a few days ago. I'm still early on, starting the Sea Palace stuff and haven't quite hit 20 yet. If the guild still exists, I'll apply as BlarghyMark.

Big_D
Feb 10, 2009
The new patch is in.

The whip merc is live, along with the Limit Breaks, new musi merc, new dungeons, and a Halloween event that involves killing a lot of mobs.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Well, just in time for my return from moving and a new job I guess. Time to explore new ways for Nexon to attempt to steal all my money.

nothingxs
Sep 7, 2005

Do as you like. It's not my job to kill you.
Is there still no way to transfer characters from one server to another? I have a level 101 account somewhere with some neat stuff, and maybe I could log in with it.

Big_D
Feb 10, 2009
I don't believe so, but it's pretty darn easy to get to 100 these days. An Atlantian character could do it in a couple of days, less with powerleveling.

Inverse
Jun 30, 2010

Would love to play again but the game crashes on the loading screen.

Big_D
Feb 10, 2009
Are you working from a fresh install? If it's been long enough, you're probably better off doing that; some of the updates this year have been huge.

I can anecdotally confirm that it taxes my machine far more than it used to. I still use the laptop I played open beta with from time to time, and over the course of the last couple of years, it's become all but impossible to keep AO running for several hours, even on a fresh reboot; it simply eats up all of my 32-bit RAM. My newer machine used to handle AO flawlessly, but now, even on moderate resolution and low settings, it struggles sometimes, especially with the world map (too may animated glowing mounts and extraneous world objects, I think).

Jimmy Colorado
Apr 16, 2010
Howdy all. I don't really play anymore, but I got a notice from nexon that my NX or whatever it's called will expire. I have 13k NX sitting around from doing surveys like three years ago. What's something I can buy that will accrue in value if I just let it sit there? Or something I can gift for the good of the guild? Thanks.

Big_D
Feb 10, 2009
I would say that the following are the best investments for the future, and their current market prices:

Atlas - ~62M ea.
Atlas [E] - ~68M (should always "settle" to Atlas+10%, but sometimes spikes far past that)
Atlas Outfit Stone - ~342M
Blessing Potion - ~1.2B
Blessing License - ~14-16B (can you believe they were <300M for the first 2-3 years of the game?)

All of the above are generally considered commodities, and sell pretty well. I can't say which is the best value per NX these days, but a little spreadsheet work should answer that.

I don't know if you can buy Guild Books with NX, but they're running around 15M right now.

Mount and gear boxes are too big a risk, and even if you do get lucky, the value of the item will change over time as even better stuff comes out.

I don't know about warrior packs and things like that; I'm not even sure if you can sell the licenses that they contain.

Forgotton
Dec 31, 2010
Trying to get back in to this a bit. Hopefully I can hook up with the goon guild if the planets and our times align properly.

what are some of the strongest mains atm? I just picked blade master for now, he seemed cool but I would be willing to change.

Big_D
Feb 10, 2009
Just post your character name in the thread along with a preferred time for meeting up. Then log in and apply to the guild; please note, though, that your application disappears when you log out.

For classes, any of the Atlantian mains will do. I switched over to battlestaff because of the nice AE (I used to be a normal staff anyways). Blademaster is more tankish, which is more of a different playstyle than anything else.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

Forgotton posted:

Trying to get back in to this a bit. Hopefully I can hook up with the goon guild if the planets and our times align properly.

what are some of the strongest mains atm? I just picked blade master for now, he seemed cool but I would be willing to change.

Probably spear/chainsaw/blademaster, but you do need better gear for the melee mains.

Besides that most of the other mains aren't that great; cannon is good for tbs, they just nerfed gun mains into the ground, and staff is pretty much eclipsed by battlemage. Musician is ridiculous for the first 100 levels then peters out a bit.

spabo
Dec 19, 2013
Can anyone give me their opinion on the PvP in this game? Been looking for something to fill my PvP desire of Aion/WoW arenas, but most games haven't had an arena-type system worth using.

spabo fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Dec 30, 2013

Big_D
Feb 10, 2009
Open-world PvP was never really big, and has been effectively nerfed enough to be pointless.

However, there is a very large, structured, arena PvP system, involving a half dozen or more hour-long daily matchups (up to 6 fights per player each time) in the Free League and a ranking system that tries to put like rankings together, and 4 big tournaments every weekend. Be warned, however, the best of the best have poured insane amounts of time (and often, RL money) into getting to the top of the weekend tournaments. Many players just stick to Free League.

There is also a second set of daily matchups called Colosseum League, that tries to level the playing field by largely ignoring levels and gear (the details are more complicated than that).

Finally, in Free League, there is an option to let the computer control your characters (you still control your main, when he has enough AP to act). This is called ABFL, and is best for slackers like me who aren't really interested in the rapid chess match that most "normal" matches become (for starters, you have to learn to keep track of stun counters for all 18 units in the match, without wasting any time).

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

spabo posted:

Can anyone give me their opinion on the PvP in this game? Been looking for something to fill my PvP desire of Aion/WoW arenas, but most games haven't had an arena-type system worth using.

PvP in this game is relatively dead; the most action is probably at higher levels, but it takes billions of gold to not get rolled at that point, since you need expensive mercs and excellent gear.

wallace
Oct 30, 2003
So giving this a bash again after a break of a year or two!

character name ivar

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Gonna rescue this thread from the dead, might play a bit again since the new patch is coming out tomorrow, we'll see. On the other hand the guild is pretty dead, even long stalwart Ataran is MIA.

If you're around, see you on.

DangerDan
May 31, 2011

FULTON: The Freshmaker
For what it's worth I've been popping on every so often to do things. Mostly it's been playing the market because I have a fascination with that sorta thing.

Nice Guy
May 13, 2012
The guild is no more. :(

TruthUncommon
Feb 26, 2010
What happened to the guild?

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

TruthUncommon posted:

What happened to the guild?

Guild Leader and Chief Officer stopped playing, so it disbanded. I still play, but I'm sitting in Astral guild.

TruthUncommon
Feb 26, 2010
Just logged in a bit, but the game keeps crashing on me...

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009

TruthUncommon posted:

Just logged in a bit, but the game keeps crashing on me...

Can't help you too much there, Atlantica's an old game with mostly incompetent programmers. It's pretty much unique among MMOs though, so I keep playing it; pseudo Stockholm Syndrome if you will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TruthUncommon
Feb 26, 2010

RoyalScion posted:

Can't help you too much there, Atlantica's an old game with mostly incompetent programmers. It's pretty much unique among MMOs though, so I keep playing it; pseudo Stockholm Syndrome if you will.

I know what you mean, I should just make my own new tbs styled mmo. Ah well... back to Atlantica for now.

• Locked thread