Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Fazana posted:

Anyone between 80-100ish had a go yet?

I am level 96 and I got the poo poo kicked out of me, because apparently it's a Shadow Dungeon and that fact isn't mentioned anywhere on the website.

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Okay, after some research and a run which I just finished and netted me 110 Freedom Flyers, lower-levelled or crappily-geared players like me will need the following:

1 x Perimeter License
12 x Bewitching License
Some Water of Life (you may get some in the Atlantica Day boxes)

Go into System -> Settings -> Graphics, change "Normal Avatars" to "Use Simplified Character" and "Battling Avatars" to "Omit Character Output". This will cut down on lag significantly.

When you zone into the dungeon, head straight to the north-east corner and once you're there, pop 2 of the Bewitching Licenses (remembering that they each last 10 minutes) and the Perimeter License.

Engage any mob that isn't called Scary Power Saw Mister, Scary Power Saw Lady, or The Ultimate Jerk. They are bosses and may wreck your poo poo.

Every 10 minute you'll get a warning that your party has been disbanded; that's your cue to use 2 more Bewitching Licenses.

You'll be drowning in Ambrosia before long so you might as well use one after every fight. The Water of Life is because you may lose multiple mercs, especially if enemy reinforcements break through the Perimeter License.

Edit: Also before heading in, make sure you have at least 3 Jackpot slots empty for boxes and Enchant Stones you'll pick up during your run.

Cheap Trick fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Jul 6, 2013

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Fazana posted:

Just got into the 70s and really enjoying it again. I've used auto-distro xp since the mid 30s and it's done a great job of keeping everyone bunched. My core team of 6 have 5 within half a level of each other including my CannonM and Attila is lagging behind by about 5 levels and gradually getting further behind due to the xp penalty. Without that autodistro option the main would have been in the 80s with everyone else in the 40s/50s or so from the nutso weekend bonuses :v:

XP auto-distro is a godsend, gently caress babysitting lower-level units to make sure they get the last hit.

I got enough flyers for a Tank and cubed it into the rare mount. :getin:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Fazana posted:

New event search robot, look into his eyes and feel his anger! Or something. Apparently you can have both this and the standard license lootbot up at the same time.

I though that search bot comes from the login bonus. How come you have one when five days haven't elapsed yet?

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I won't say that the method I posted earlier is fool-proof - mobs can still break through Perimeter License, and today I suffered at least 2 TPKs - but I'm consistently getting about 100 flyers per day.

Some people in my pubbie nation claim that's chump change, but then they're high level and geared to the teeth with Phoenix Dragon God Super Champion gear. The best I have is one piece of +3 Conqueror.

As far as I know, :911: FREEDOM PARK :911: Tickets don't have a cooldown, unlike Honey Jar Keys, so one possible strategy is to bank them away and then use them on weekends when there's bonus XP.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Fazana posted:

Patriot is up to 96 and is pretty good already, post 100 with an officer shotty and he should be really nice. Add to that a ton more passive buff books and boom!

I'd like to get Patriot but I don't know what I'd have him replace.

My current line-up is:
Viking - Lady Knight - Tarkan
Artilleryman - Sheriff - Vampire
Oracle - Battlemage Main - Monk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I like Deep Insight too much to shelve my Artilleryman!

Fazana posted:

the Patriot has a form of awaken

Welp seeya Monk.

• Locked thread