Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
How many coupons are people seeing from an average daily session in the park?

Edit:

Oh my, that tank is awesome!

Atm it looks like you get tons more flyers the higher level you are, at least according to the thread I'm reading on the AO forum but jfc, the whiners in there. This looks like one of the best events they've ever done and there are still people complaining about it.

Anyone between 80-100ish had a go yet?

Fazana fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jul 6, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Atlas Ore at 58m per, jfc... $10 = 5.8b gold, madness!

Farting around on a level 36 cannon this morning that has the Attila from the barely promoted event a few weeks ago. From what I've read at least that was promoted a little, the Vampire event when completely unremarked upon on the MMORPG site :v:

Wonder if I can level it up in time to get the Patriot + Tank... Challenge accepted!

Would Goonsquad take me in? I left last time on my old character because I thought I wanted to do raiding etc but I was wrong >.< This time I'll just be a casual PVE-er sharing time between this and Eve. CannonM + Tarkan + Patriot if I can manage it would be a nice solid start to a form! Charname is SnowJoke.

Edit: VVV Ouch >.<

Fazana fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Jul 6, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
If you are in an LDP today you get double XP, yes DOUBLE. Do eeeeet!

Edit: To clarify, I don't mean you get double the bonus once the fight has finished, you get double xp for the actual fighting.

Applied on "Snowjoke" Crashed at one point and forgot that removes the application >.<

Fazana fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 6, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Oh my, hadn't looked up how much Attila books are until last night. 450m at I skill :suicide: I presume they are cash shop only if being sold at that looney price?

I bought just one Unstoppable book as I've heard that's enough for Attila to be trap immune in TBS. At least Tarkan's Will is at 60 for burst damage against everything \o/

Just got into the 70s and really enjoying it again. I've used auto-distro xp since the mid 30s and it's done a great job of keeping everyone bunched. My core team of 6 have 5 within half a level of each other including my CannonM and Attila is lagging behind by about 5 levels and gradually getting further behind due to the xp penalty. Without that autodistro option the main would have been in the 80s with everyone else in the 40s/50s or so from the nutso weekend bonuses :v:

Edit:

Got to 75 but Maph1 is impossible for a CannonM to do the squad version at this level, you move waaay too slowly which leaves the witch as the only damage source out front, as soon as you get mobs too quickly for each recharge of meteor it's game over! I failed twice before giving up and running it in wuss solo mode and pocketing the much more meagre xp.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jul 8, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Nice one on the tank upgrade!

If you can afford it then run, don't walk, RUN to buy a 30 day Mino Statue if you have a house to stick it in. It procs like crazy in skirmishes and will easily pay for itself with increased killing time and xp gain etc!

Someone in the nation said if you wait until Thursday or Friday night they are much cheaper as people have gone raiding and stocked up on them.

Edit : Thank you for the Atlas for skills tip btw, I had totally forgotten about that and could have saved 300m on that skill if I had known. 450m book or 2x60m atlas, doh :v:

Fazana fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 9, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
New event search robot, look into his eyes and feel his anger! Or something. Apparently you can have both this and the standard license lootbot up at the same time.

Edit: For the chap above, sorry no idea, hopefully one of the US players can help.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Cheap Trick posted:

I though that search bot comes from the login bonus. How come you have one when five days haven't elapsed yet?

Picture is from the Korean version I believe.

Got my Patriot but holy moly they were not kidding on how just plain unfriendly Freedom Park is to lower levels. There were times when I was stuck in a loop where I didn't even have time to open the inventory screen and hit WOL etc to res dead mercs before the moronic bewitching AI had plunged the two so called helper groups into a fresh battle.

Once at least five of my team are 100+ and kitted out in the set of freezing gear I have waiting for them I'll go in again as I want both the mount and deco but also ALL the books, just 1140 or so flyers to go. At 27 more days that's less than 50 a day, np right? :v:

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Yeah I did 2 in a row yesterday to get the last I needed for the Patriot. Corn was selling enchant scrolls for 20m today so I've stocked up on a few for when I crack on with it properly.

Patriot is up to 96 and is pretty good already, post 100 with an officer shotty and he should be really nice. Add to that a ton more passive buff books and boom!

Fazana fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 13, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I'm biased because I love Arti and his DI but in that line up I'd ditch the monk as the Patriot has a form of awaken and Monk is very situational nowadays as it is. I have no experience with a Vamp so I don't know what her damage is like but if it's any good then move the Arti to where the monk was and shove the Patriot middle left and there's a nice damage row for Seth.

Seriously, Deep Insight is awesome.

Just keep monk in your house and level up every 2 hours or whatever to keep him somewhat relevant if you want to. I've not used one at all on my last few characters.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Another 5 hour maint today but it's also adding yet another event? Will they be able to resist adding a fishing event? They are doing okay atm so maybe something finally made the suits realise they needed to do something to keep people playing!

So much money to be made in Freedom Park, the enchant stones sell for a ton and I have more than enough boxes to choke donkeys with, pretty nice it drops Nix gear from 105+

ButterTroll came and went in a flash, did you change class or just decide it wasn't for you?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
There is? Well one anyway :v:

Servers are screwed up bigtime this morning, just dumped everyone off for the third time so giving up for now.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Now would be a really good time to stock up on the A class merc crystals/jewels. They added in a 100m gold box that has a chance to drop a necro summon as well as a rich bastards event a la VIP titles and one of the drops is the top end crystals/jewels.

As of right now crystals are 4.5m and jewels are 20m, that's a crazy price crash. I've grabbed enough to upgrade up to 120 a future merc. Will probably bite the bullet and sort out the 130 upgrades for Gigas and Patriot as well, thats 160 multisouljewels between them >.<

Impala is currently top of Sikyons donaters table with 117b. Yup, 117 BILLION...

Fazana fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Aug 16, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I'll try and get on every day on Snowjoke to do my diary stuff etc from tomorrow, I'm 123 iirc.

I burned out a bit rushing to get the good stuff from the previous event but I love the form I have and gear etc so I'm not quitting by any means, just not logging in as much until I'm ready to grind again.

Tbh the Atlantica day works against them quite a bit, it is so crazy good in every possible aspect it really demotivates you into doing bugger all on a random weekday with no server buffs etc.

Does the Atlantica day run midnight PST to midnight or 6am PST reset to reset as far as GAP goes?

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Done the last couple of days.

Whole nation is dead/afk it seems, not seen any chat at all for two days and got no response when I put something in there. Even global chat is quiet compared to usual.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
There's been a downtime patch today removing the "bonus" quest xp event etc so perhaps it will have fixed your login bug. I always thought you were Debacle with your forumname being Big_D :v:

Anyways, we are at 29k GAP atm with the 1k I've just done for today and room for another 1k from someone. Not sure if that is good or bad tbh, I'd never even noticed there was such a thing as GAP and though everything was based on guild points! I r derp apparently.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Tried to get on just now and servers are down for another Emergency Maint. I've seen a few posts on the forums from people saying they haven't been able to login and the latest patch not fixing it so maybe today's the day!

http://atlantica.nexon.net/News/Detail/202/00H6B/1?nxid=12

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Big_D posted:

I'm still sidelined after the patch. I don't know right now when I'll be able to get back on; so, we need y'all more than ever, now.

5 page thread on the main forum now, closest to official acknowledgement is Pranny sighing because he had been told that if you use your email address to login that would work instead but for most people affected it still doesn't work.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
New event after todays maint..

http://atlantica.nexon.net/News/Detail?boardNo=301&contentNo=00H6w&nxid=12

quote:

Keep on Logging, Logging, Logging (In)
From 9/5 – 9/26, stay logged in each day for some easy rewards!

One hour reward: Teleportation License (1 day/no trade)
Teleportation Licenses let you teleport directly to any city or dungeon you’ve visited before.

Two hour reward: Workload License(1 day/no trade)
Workload Licenses give you an extra +30% to workload.

Three hour reward: Guan Yu Search License (1 day/no trade)
Guan Yu Search Licenses summon a Guan Yu doll to collect loot in battle. Even better, he can be used with your normal search robot, which frees your mercenaries to fight instead of loot.

Four hour reward: 1 September Level-up Support Box
These boxes will grant you one of the following items:
Panda’s Pandora Box - contains either a permanent or 1-day panda mount! The permanent mount is tradable!
Blessing License (1 day/no trade) – gives you a boost in combat power and experience when fighting monsters.
Ancient Skill Book (merc. only) – grants 1 million experience to a mercenary of your choice.
2 Scrolls of Resurrection (no trade) - casts a spell to revive fallen mercenaries in battle.
2 Scrolls of Life’s Blessing (no trade) - casts a powerful healing spell on your formation in battle.

The Revolution

Clear the Revolution dungeon with your guild for extra rewards, including a chance to get special gear for the Patriot mercenary!
Event Details

Clear the Revolution and every participant will get a Patriot’s Precious Treasure, which contains one Patriot’s Precious Treasure Chest (tradable) and one Patriot’s Blessing (no trade).
The Patriot’s Precious Treasure Chest (tradable)
Patriot Light Armor
Furious Patriot Light Armor
Patriot Chain Gauntlets
Furious Patriot Chain Gauntlets
Patriot Chain Helm
Furious Patriot Chain Helm
Patriot Chain Boots
Furious Patriot Chain Boots
Patriot Leggings
Furious Patriot Leggings
Enriched Adamantium Ingot
Enhanced Titanium Ingot
Guild Operation Textbook
(6-10) Enchant Stone [IV]
(2-3) Enchant Stone [V]
(1-2) Enchant Stone [VI]
(10-20) Shimmering Opal
(1-5) Shimmering Sapphire
3 Mysterious Vial: Death
3 Mysterious Vial: Valor
3 Mysterious Vial: Wisdom
3 Mandragora
Dragon God's Equipment Box
Evil Equipment Box
Pegasus Equipment Box
Evil Dragon God's Equipment Box
Supreme Evil Equipment Box
Enchanted Pegasus Equipment Box
Dragon Soul Jewel
Giant Soul Jewel
Redemption Soul Jewel
Phoenix Soul Jewel
Multi-Hued Soul Jewel
3 Dragon Soul Crystal
3 Giant Soul Crystal
3 Redemption Soul Crystal
3 Phoenix Soul Crystal
Multi-Hued Soul Crystal
Awakened Chi You's Ring
Awakened Nuwa's Ring
Awakened Fu Xi's Ring
Awakened Pangu's Ring
The Patriot’s Blessing (no trade) contains one of the following items:
Ancient Skill Book (no trade) - grants 1 million experience to a mercenary of your choice.
Ancient Book of Knowledge (no trade) - grants 5 million experience to a mercenary of your choice.
Judgment Equipment Box – contains a random piece of Judgment equipment.
20 Plain BBQs - a tasty meal that restores 17,000 HP and 2,200 MP to your formation.
20 Rooibos Teas - a refreshing drink that restores 2,200 HP and 17,000 MP to your formation.
Atlantis Gold Coins (various amounts) - trade these with the vendors in Rome for valuable items.

As an added bonus, during the event period (9/5 – 9/26), Operation Orders can be purchased from NPC Guide Acong at the Gate of Rome for 1 billion gold! Remember, these keys are needed to enter the Revolution dungeon with your guild.
Judgment Gear Crafting

To celebrate the introduction of Judgment gear crafting, we’re holding a +100% Craft Workload and Craft EXP event from 9/5 – 9/12! That should make crafting the highest-level gear in all of Atlantica a little bit easier!

We can do the guild dungeon, right? :v:

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
And down again almost immediately for a 2 hour maint to fix a "technical issue" :v:

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

Fazana posted:

And down again almost immediately for a 2 hour maint to fix a "technical issue" :v:

Another emergency maint this morning and afterwards the Market is still bugged to hell with database errors.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Okay, last time I will post without someone else posting so this doesn't appear to be my own blog thread :v:

Anyways, I left my account logged in while I did other crap yesterday and the four hour reward turned out to be different to how they worded it!

quote:

Four hour reward: 1 September Level-up Support Box
These boxes will grant you one of the following items:
Panda’s Pandora Box - contains either a permanent or 1-day panda mount! The permanent mount is tradable!
Blessing License (1 day/no trade) – gives you a boost in combat power and experience when fighting monsters.
Ancient Skill Book (merc. only) – grants 1 million experience to a mercenary of your choice.
2 Scrolls of Resurrection (no trade) - casts a spell to revive fallen mercenaries in battle.
2 Scrolls of Life’s Blessing (no trade) - casts a powerful healing spell on your formation in battle.

Instead of getting one of those items, I got ALL of them. Perfect timing for the BL license as it's AO day today!

Edit: If you read this Ataran, can you level the guild up please. It's 20% + past the amount needed!

Fazana fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Sep 7, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
Thank god :v:

Slightly more seriously, yes there was a duping bug involving the Rome warehouse and within a few hours yesterday the market was absolutely flooded with +10 Judge gear. Apparently you get very few of the Lights when you dismantle yet yesterday there was a massive influx of multipe thousands of them onto the market pushing them down to the hilariously low amount of 500k at one point according to location chat.

I played on and off for a few hours yesterday (thanks to the free TP and BL licenses they are handing out) and the dupe was being talked about quite openly in loc chat from very early on but it took them almost 12 hours to yank the servers down and 7 hours later they are still down. The dupe involved the warehouse and lag when taking an item out allegedly, the recent change they made where you can't have your inventory open when using the warehouse or quest logs etc was to try and combat a dupe that had been seen on other versions of AO but they missed a biggie.

I did 123-125 and levelled a bunch of extra mercs so I have a full 100+ expedition team to start working on BUT even with all that I really can't see how they don't do a rollback if they want to fix it properly and would support them doing so. It would need to go back as far as Thursdays maint as the bug had been around from then but they waited until the weekend and Nexons shameful lack of any staff coverage before loading the market up with what they had been exploiting for a couple of days.

I suspect they won't do that though, having to sort out the IM mess for any rollback would be way beyond a company that has no shame whatsoever in having tickets take 3-4 months to get a canned response because there are so few support staff employed who only work normal business hours.

Edit: What makes this extra hilarious is that it happened on AO day, the one day a month where they get most of the still interested remaining playerbase logging in. We had 31 people in Babel last night, I waved the flag on behalf of the mighty GS! That extra 1% defence from the guild levelling up made all the difference I'm sure \o/

Edit2: It's back up. No rollback, they claim they've removed all the duped items and banned the exploiters. I'll be very impressed/amazed if they actually have done so! AO day will be repeated next Saturday and the rest of today will have a 100% xp buff and 50% attack buff.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Sep 8, 2013

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
As I sort of said at the end of the previous post, I would have been amazed if they had removed the duped items. They are now admitting they haven't got rid of all of them and cynics are saying they haven't deleted any...

There's a fairly acrimonious level of posting going on around the official forum with threads and comments being deleted all over the place, Nexon are still saying a rollback is a possibility if they can't decide of a better way to handle the high end economy being so comprehensively trashed. Whoops!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
When I found I couldn't even summon the will to login for more than 30 mins on Atlantica Day I knew it was back to hiatus mode while this boring event is running.

Do you still need someone on each day to do the GAP? I'll keep the game installed if so and leave my team logged out at a skirmish so I can bang some out each day.

• Locked thread