Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I do kinda love Dan’s depiction of shower-takers as basically the football team in Revenge of the Nerds. All of society is a ravening group of homophobic (not sure I see the connection here) bullies cruelly mocking Dan. Even the medical professional who wants him to stop getting UTIs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Drunkboxer posted:

I do kinda love Dan’s depiction of shower-takers as basically the football team in Revenge of the Nerds. All of society is a ravening group of homophobic (not sure I see the connection here) bullies cruelly mocking Dan. Even the medical professional who wants him to stop getting UTIs.

Dan used to go absolutely bananas about doctors, insisting that they were just serial killers who had enough of a support system that they were able to go to college.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

prefect posted:

Dan used to go absolutely bananas about doctors, insisting that they were just serial killers who had enough of a support system that they were able to go to college.

a lot of the time he talked about surgeons specifically which honestly he's not far off, a ton of surgeons are 100% sociopaths, mostly because residencies tend to be highly abusive

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
it's supposed to be better now, I'm skeptical but idk, doesn't change the fact of all of the ones who went through med school 5-60 years ago though

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Ace of Baes posted:

it's supposed to be better now, I'm skeptical but idk, doesn't change the fact of all of the ones who went through med school 5-60 years ago though

We see here the rare case of 'snitches don't get stitches'

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Pretty crazy episode this week - first a Something Awful callout, and then Jeff reveals that he’s tangentially involved with the Epstein scandal?!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Dan Harmon should post in Cinema Discusso

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Here's the poo poo-posting article that came up
https://www.bellingcat.com/news/rest-of-world/2019/03/15/shitposting-inspirational-terrorism-and-the-christchurch-mosque-massacre/
Rob has been writing for us on a while on 8chan and these mass shootings, they're all worth checking out.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

As requested in the podcast, we've looked into why Jeff got the email about Epstein asking for BitCoins. Turns out there's a Jeff "Davies" in Epstein's black book, and the uncensored version has an email address. We've asked Rob to check it's Jeff's actual email address.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Spencer knew.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

wait, brown moses was the guest?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

No, Robert Evans who writes for my website, Bellingcat, was. His podcasts for How Stuff Works are really good too:
https://www.behindthebastards.com/
https://www.itcouldhappenherepod.com/

Naylenas
Sep 11, 2003

I was out of my head so it was out of my hands

It could happen here is loving crazy and scary listen to it

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Naylenas posted:

It could happen here is loving crazy and scary listen to it

Seconding this. I forgot where I heard about it, but I listened to pretty much all of it in a couple days.

Which, upon reflection, probably wasn't the best idea.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Listening to first episode now and already freaking out and reading up on resistance tactics

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The first episode of HarmonQuest is available. It was free to watch on VRV.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
:10bux: says this guy is a goon.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What guy?

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

Zesty posted:

What guy?
Dale Beran, author of “It Came from Something Awful” (a book about 4chan), was on the latest episode.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
He claims he was familiar with something awful before the chans, i thought it was implied he was a goon.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

He claims he was familiar with something awful before the chans, i thought it was implied he was a goon.

:thejoke:

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
That guy made a GBS thread a few months ago advertising his book. It was either locked or ignored, I don't remember now.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

counterfeitsaint posted:

That guy made a GBS thread a few months ago advertising his book. It was either locked or ignored, I don't remember now.

A real expert on the community then.

I haven't listened to the episode yet.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 25, 2019

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

counterfeitsaint posted:

Everyone ripped on him and his book, and his lack of research or understanding, and he left the site very quickly.

Edit: and from my understanding, it is a very bizarre idea to name a book "it came from something awful" when the "it" in question is an unrelated image board created by a guy who got banned for something awful. The relationship kind of ends right there.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Dude did not know his poo poo, kept referring to the current owner of 8 Chan as the founder,

Sgt. McKill
Sep 30, 2005
kill kill kill
I think I just may not be smart enough to keep up with Dan these days. The man is a whirlwind of metaphors.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Smart enough. uh huh.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Uh, did I miss something or is this the first we’ve heard of Harmontown ending?

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I haven't listened to the latest episode yet, but Dan's been grumbling about wanting to be done with it for a while, maybe all the way back to the start of this year?

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Yeah, this week he pretty definitively comments about "the show ending in December".

cappaj
Jul 29, 2019
He announced it in this video on the weekend on...Instagram?

https://imgur.com/r/Harmontown/336Boqk

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Count on our man Dan to announce this in the weirdest way possible

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Is anyone traveling to see one of the last shows?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Nickoten posted:

drat, rip. Shoulda made time earlier

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Nickoten posted:

I live relatively close so I'm definitely going to go to one before it ends. Haven't been since they moved from Meltdown.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Adam Goldberg should turn off the lights at the end.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Jesus no.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I'll be flying to the states in early November and if there's a show I'll probably take a couple of days to reach LA and watch harmontown, but so far I didn't see any shows were scheduled beyond this month.

Edit: oh so looks like the site was updated.

emanresu tnuocca fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Sep 18, 2019

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Downloaded the new episode this morning and it’s the audio of last week’s episode, so I guess someone hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
The video, at least, has the correct episode.