Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Was hoping this had to do with Harmon. :allears: Thought it was a new show, instead its a podcast which is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Occupation posted:

Dan called up a weird girl who described herself as being bullied for being "absolutely beautiful" who then recommended to Dan that he should treat waitstaff like absolute poo poo and threaten their jobs. Then she said that all relationships have a "male" dominant and "female" passive member, then she got excellently skewered by a queer woman in the audience for being ignorant as poo poo and a bit homophobic, to which she responded essentially "well it's my opinion and you don't have a right to insult me for it" and then got booed at for being really lovely about her shirt opinions, to which the audience started chanting "let it go" as she wouldn't stop loving talking about how she was right and everyone else was wrong and also mean for saying her opinions were poo poo.

Then the next week dan spent the entire episode saying how the audience acted inappropriately and insulted her while literally arguing the "you're intolerant if you don't tolerate intolerance" line mra idiots trot out. Then he kept on going on about how the audience were bullies. Then he called the girl up who basically whined about how she was treated so mean while still refusing to acknowledge she was in the wrong.

But hey apparently it's fine for some no name to accuse some dude of making up a girlfriend for no adequately explained reason and the audience to then insult him over it! Yeah.

That was so bizzare. She was wearing a fedora as well.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

This person definitely has to post on this website.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

Erin is almost always in the position of having to play catch up (let's address the show's core point...let's address whatever Dan said about our relationship...and let's not take too long so we can get D&D in).
Nah, she doesn't need to catchup on anything. That might make things better.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

It's 5/1 motherfucker, where's my harmontown?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The Berzerker posted:

Community has been canceled. I wonder if this will have an impact on the next episode of Harmontown.
Reeeeaaaaally?!

Ugh whatever. The last season was a good Harmon burndown. The show had a pretty good arc minus the season he wasn't on. Viva le Rick e Morty

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Chexoid posted:

I didn't buy it either. :colbert: His description of their relationship was unconvincing.
It was reported that she was wearing a fedora.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sithsaber posted:

This my friends is a dumb idea. I set out to follow through on one of my joke what ifs, and the rambling wtf I have laid before you is the result. From the get go I couldn't decide if this idea was best served in the literally or visual medium, which is why I couldn't decide whether I should write setting things with camera angles or if I should turn everything into prose. The concept was to utilize various Harmontown tidbits and gags like hate for voiceover, Jeff being psychic and Levi to tell a story that always ended as anticlimacticly as possible. I also wanted to use the podcast audience surrogate as a means of making fun of Dan's liberal 70s antiracism but calling the protagonist "Blackman" was too on the nose. I settled for Czarney which, according to Google, is Polish for black. Edit: You know what? No. In a way this satire is supposed to be bad gently caress it, Blackman's his last name. I'll send you my minority ID if they're complaints. I honestly got bored of this, but I needed to finish something I started for once. I hope Goldberg doesn't find this creepy; my plan for the aborted sequel was for him to get ditched as soon as he outlived his usefulness. Now I'm off to read a book to learn how not to suck.
Let's back up a minute, who are you and why should I read that?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Thanks for the abstract, I'm going to pass.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sithsaber posted:

That's fine. Telling me I shouldn't have posted it just disregards the reasons for said posting.
I... I don't get how this is applicable. It's like you are in a public place yelling your rants.

You posted it because it was so weird? Either way, it was bordering on too weird and you should lay off. Harmon and harmontown is right on that line of being a bad internet poster but with enough self awareness to pull it back right before it's weird.

Bazanga!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sithsaber posted:

I don't have to justify anything; even I dislike the end result. The victory here is that I got to the end.
Nah, knowing when to quit early is a good life lesson. Going to the end even when it sucks is what makes terrible marriages.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Brekelefuw posted:

Duncan is amazing.

I haven't listened to what you're talking about, but it is likely related to the crazy 'stoned-ape' theory of evolution. Duncan and Rogan love to talk about that.
I think its about the fungus that takes over ants and causes them to climb high in trees to jizz spores below.

I want to so badly hang out with spencer and dan.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

Development limbo.

Pending fundraiser exclusive.
Hey, are you *hiccup* adam guldberg?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I like Dan's speech about how everyone is/can be/at some point is Adam, and that he should get a statue outside harmontown. It spoke to me.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Majorian posted:

I actually haven't listened to that one yet, so thank you for saving me ten minutes. They really need to get a crossover with Nerd Poker going, so Posehn can occasionally bellow "SHUT THE gently caress UP AND PLAY THE GAME, NERDS!" at them.
That's the opposite of what I want to happen. I want 30 minutes of funny rambling.

Adam, your brothers are dicks. Get famous and don't bail them out. Alternatively, edit yourself a bit better so only the good poo poo gets out there. (I'm listening to 30 HarmonCountry SommerVille).

Next time you get on a taping give a shoutout to your goons in the 3548851

KoRMaK fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 29, 2014

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

I actually was FB messaging with someone during the show, with no idea that he'd repeat it. I also went to get gas and my car battery died.
?????

?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Erin just needs to chill out. I try to like her, but then there are moments where you can tell everyone is just waiting for her to finish whatever it is she is doing that won't pay off.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Unmature posted:

MAN, that's a dumb opinion. "How DARE an influential person with the platform to broadcast to lots of people have an opinion about a place in which he does not currently live."
Goon from behind a computer.

Irish Joe posted:

Its more an issue of a wealthy individual three steps removed from the problems of the lower classes preaching anarchy as if anarchy has benefited anyone ever. The riots have shut down businesses, schools and services--vital things for the people living in Ferguson. And here we have some loving loudmouth bemoaning his inability to afford a Tesla telling people to keep it up. Dan is 100% in the wrong about this and hearing him preach anarchy to people who just want to live their lives makes my blood boil.
I'm no longer sure about your posts.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Sakarja posted:

TBH everything about that political discussion was incredibly stupid. It's hard to tell what's worst between Harmon's bright idea that people should just lie about what's happening or Jim's stunning revelation that voting doesn't matter and dissent is illegal. They sounded like angry teenagers.

C'mon down to harmontown
pee is yellow
poop is brown

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Holy poo poo you guys.

I want you all to get drunk and then off the cuff talk about how you would solve the systemic and contemporary issues in Ferguson while everything you said was recorded.

Arstan posted:

You guys don't understand.

He doesn't really have a Pringles dick. He just keeps his dick inside a Pringles can because it keeps his penis warm and dry.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

The point isn't to take the opportunity to ridicule someone.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Dan gets hilariously funny in this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NV06WONv7A8

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

A self diagnosed man baby rambles on about gender and race, gets drunk, steps over some lines but is aware enough to step back from that line and is charming enough so that you don't hate on him after all that.

also his sister is retarded

I think I've listened to the whole backlog, kinda bummed out.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cerepol posted:

Seriously gently caress yes I was pumped for Jeff but Bobcat! Also think they'll address the elephant in the room?
What elephant?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

loving finally.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Inkspot posted:

Who makes fettucine on a camping trip?
Erin, please cut so many details out of your story. "We had cheese" would have sufficed.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Do we get a podcast of this? Also, what the gently caress are you guys talking about: earthshine pulled into transgendered?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Watchin harmontown docu - I want an entourage clone but with the focus being ari gold, and ari gold is actually replaced with jeff davis.

I'm still adjusting his voice to his face. They don't seem to match.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

What did he sayyyy at the podcast?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Brekelefuw posted:

He spent 40 minutes talking to a trans person. If he made one mistake about a pronoun who cares. They spent the first 15 minutes discussing gender pronouns and how you should approach asking people about them.

I think these people are their own worst enemy. Sometimes you just need to relax if someone who doesn't spend their life thinking about this stuff makes a small error.
That sounds like the opposite of what that tweet was saying. I can't imagine dan not going "oh my bad, im a large child so sorry I got that wrong, I'll get it right going forward, what should I refer to you as again?"

Twitter screencaps are a good way to "soundbyte" someone with the wrong context

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

so we should ignore that tweet and this false drama

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I dunno, tweet him and ask

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Please have Dan Harmon say "gently caress you goontube" on tape. TIA

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Death to Spencer

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Brekelefuw posted:

I'm glad that Dan kicked that girl off the stage very quickly. She was trying so hard to be funny, but clearly had no sense of humour.

"And I'm just like... here I ammmmmmm"

It sounded like she was on prescription drugs.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Shows been bad.

Jeff, get your rear end to harmontown.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

I guess the thing Harmon has done is mistakenly empowered other people to think their inebriated ramblings are interesting.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Weembles posted:

A live stream from the Chicago show just started.

Dino is the Comptroller.

Thanks for the heads up!

Says that it started at 10pm EST but definitely sounds like its the beginning. Were they streaming at 10?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

EnsGDT posted:

I dunno...lately Spencer has been grating on me. I think he's hilarious in D&D, or when he's busting Dan's balls about something, but when he comes to the stage and immediately starts into a bit that's him yelling about something and look how stoned I am, gently caress it, I'm done.
RIP spencer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

EnsGDT posted:

This is an excellent point. Truly the student has become the douchebag.

This is the frustrating thing. Harmon isn't just a blowhard. He's the first guy on stage to feel badly if someone from the audience is being made to feel mocked. He's the kid that got picked on mercilessly that had to grow a thick skin over his gooey emotional inside bits. Coming on stage and being outraged alone isn't being Dan Harmon. That's Dino. Coming on stage and baring what you feel is Dan Harmon. Even if he's a total baby about it sometimes. That's why guys like Kumail and Jeff are the perfect balancing act to him.
Agreed. Jeff is the best because he is like Bateman from American Psycho to balance out Dan's touchy feely-ness.

And Dan's touchy-feely-ness is a very certain brand. It's not just complaining, its complaining with style.