Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Irish Joe posted:

Either I've blocked it from my memory or Steve Jobs is doing me a solid from the afterlife, because I have no idea which episode you're referring to.

Looks like we got more than one sperg in the house

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Eugene is a loving legend, he shot straight to the top of the ranks for audience members and even guests in general with just one question.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Guys...I know we all know this, but I have to say: Jeff Davis is a really attractive, ageless man. Holy poo poo.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Irish Joe posted:

Gee, a comedy show with a bunch of nobodies put out by a third rate podcasting network is bad? Whodathunkit?

edit: podcasting has definitely led to a situation where otherwise brilliant comedians are overexposed, with their worst material at the fore. Kumail, for instance, is probably a great stand up, but when I think of him I don't think of him telling killer jokes, but as an adult, married man who wears TMNT pajamas and plays with action figures. He's definitely ruined any desire I have to see his comedy or any show he's in just from being on podcasts constantly.

Woooooooow you are literally the worst

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Golden Bee posted:

Dan is the reason there was a Lena Dunam rant from Dan. I redirect positively sometimes (as in "Tyler Perry's Anti-Semitic Pickle Ziggurat") but most of the crowd just sits on their hands when he goes off, because he's a millionaire whose name is in the show.

Hey Adam? I don't hate you. Sometimes I even appreciate that you bring a certain something to the show at times. But I do absolutely get why other people hate you. That being said, since I have a direct line to you on here, I would like to preemptively take this opportunity to tell you to go gently caress yourself.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Irish Joe posted:

The point of Harmontown was/is to rehabilitate Dan's image after his firing from Community (remember, when he worked on Community he was best known for being difficult, abusive and drunk). Everything he does and says is in service to that goal, which is why he takes ridiculous positions on race, sex and whatever. He's not trying to make rational arguments or express a coherent position; he's trying to get people to like him. The problem is that a pathetic, fat, drunken idiot screaming "gently caress da police!" isn't entertaining to anyone and Dan isn't enough of an endearing personality to carry a show like that. He needs to be funny to be likable, and a lot of the times he simply isn't.

so stop listening, you loving lunatic

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yep, putting him on ignore now, he really is useless

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Pretty sure that's an "I wanna hear myself in the podcast laugh" and so I want to stuff a candlestick down his throat

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I have a feeling this structure isn't gonna last. Weird choice to fracture the audience like this when they bank on the whole togetherness aspect. Guess now you only go to the moon if you pay

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
If that's how that guy laughs for real, I feel for his family and friends

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jan 16, 2015

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I haven't looked at the reddit, are they complaining as much about laughing guy over there? If that's the case he might actually respond to that issue, although I'm sure he'll side with the person actually in the room. I mean there's not really a way to stop it unless they tell him to either shut up or not come. They'd be hard pressed to prove he's doing it to be heard on the podcast.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
HUH HUH HUH huhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh

FOR A loving HOUR

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I guess you also have a retard laugh

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
before anyone asks, there are indeed objectively bad laughs

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

EnsGDT posted:

If there's anything I've learned in the last few pages of this thread, it's that you do not want to be in the vocal minority.

Shut the gently caress up

:v:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Holy Christ I am making a punching bag with your face on it

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Evil Agita posted:

You match your voice perfectly.

So he looks like a shithead? :smug:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I've just realized that although I love playing fantasy RPGs like Pathfinder, I enjoy listening to fantasy cyberpunk much much more. In the context of this show in particular, I think it's better because everyone has a much better frame of reference for interacting in a dystopian urban landscape.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Zsinjeh posted:

I think Shadowrun is pretty huge on SA overall, there's a thread for it in the Games thread that's constantly posted in and kept near the top. I'd love if the video viewers, or at least the players would have a map displayed as there was a lot of back and forth "where am I?" banter which could have been avoided.
Nothing fancy that needs a ton of work, but like the basic rectangle shaped outlines.

It seems like it wouldn't be too hard to just set something up in Roll 20. Even if they didn't delve I to the deeper functionalities, they could place icons on a map and project it from a laptop

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yeah he's not Gary Busey, he's the motorcycle accident that made Busey all fuckin weird

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Yeah that was probably among my top three episodes, and it didn't even have Spencer. This bit would probably get old fast, but it was a great reminder that Dan Harmon is still an amazingly sharp and funny dude when he's not being his own worst enemy.

Also brave. I bet he looked like a crazy shirtless hobo.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
My ignore button is useless if you guys are just going to keep quoting that idiot

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Sure, I mean we tried that with terrorism and it worked out great

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
My name is DJ/MC John, I'm here, to mow the lawn.

Over and over and over and over in my head, I cannot stop saying it in my head. Help me.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
He's like a sentient bag of garbage that writes comedy gold

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Irish Joe is a trolling robot thing, not a person.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Man those brothers seemed like real assholes, at least one of them

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
You'll all miss Goldberg someday

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I just wish they either committed to Shadowrun by starting before they were too drunk to move the plot forward or dropped the pretense and just go with the flow and stop trying to force it into a meaningless ten minutes that pleases no one.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Ok which one of you is Skylar?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Tard laugh in full force this ep

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I think the problem is that we let these people get away with it for too long... More bullying please

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I tolerate Emily's unfunniness and lack of compelling input because she is an objectively amazing person. That's why everyone gives her a pass. She is really comedy poison though, and she's also severely uncool. But she's so happy and satisfied with her life that she dgaf

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Irish Joe posted:

She's also.. not an artist.

Wow you're such a goddamn idiot

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Reddit Pepper Hot Sauce

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Zsinjeh posted:

Also way kudos for having ready ideas for solutions and listing them off as a list in a calm and direct manner instead of the constant sympathy applause break everyone else is doing in the news or as Wil did.

We can put a man in the moon but we can't have children in kindergarten and not know if they will survive a hail of bullets by a madman? It blows my mind this is the world we're living it!! It's just insane!!!

Applause please, problem solved.

I'm ok with Wheaton in small doses, but there's a reason I unfollowed him on twitter

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Brocktoon posted:

I guess whoever hired Schrab to direct the Lego Movie 2 hasn't seen his version of Jaws 4?

Hey Lego Movie 2, who is directing that?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Came here to also post gently caress Dave Klein, what a bad choice to let him on the stage, didn't they figure out he had nothing to offer from the first time they brought his dumb rear end up?

In fact, the last time someone worthwhile was brought up on stage it was Spencer.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Get outta here, Dave Klein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Hey is Rob Schrab on this week's podcast?