Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I need to play more, been busy with League of Legends. Its a good game. Still has a few issues and certainly isn't the best FPS ever, but the fact that its tied into EVE and the sci-fi feel help set it apart. It can only get better from here, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Ugh, I can't aim at anything with my mouse right now. My controls feel incredibly sluggish, nothing like I was used to playing other FPS games recently. I've dialed up the sensitivity to max and its still so sluggish and lags behind my movements. Really killed the mood I had for playing this game tonight. :(

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Cockblocking Jerk posted:

Turn off the aim assist, its too strong and keeps you from actually tracking your target.

I already had it turned off. Don't know why it feels so awful, honestly.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Cockblocking Jerk posted:

Does your mouse have adjustable dpi settings? If it does, bump them up until things are responsive.

They are at max settings as well.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Wait, is our IRC channel really #immobileinfantry?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Well, I found what the problem was. My controller sensitivity was at 6. Bumping it up to 10 helped my... mouse sensitivity? :psyduck:
In any case, all is well now, I can actually aim well again! I put in a request for skill respec and I'm looking forward to never touching laser rifles again.

Are sniper rifles any good? Been thinking about trying them out to help deal with the pesky heavies that run around with a gajillion HP.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Well, I tried the sniper, and... well, I didn't do too well. I figure I have to crouch and stay scoped to counter the sway, but that wouldn't be such an issue if all the maxed out sensitivity is still not enough for me :argh:

I'll give it a few more tries, perhaps, but I think I'm better off trying shotties instead. On a different note, holy crap SMGs are ridiculous. I think they were killing faster than my AR was.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Yeah, I need to pick up a Bluetooth headset and a USB hub myself. This game is rather fun once you get used to the quirks.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Hmm, I think I'm gonna spec into Minmatar Assault or Caldari logistics when I get around to spending my points. It depends on if I decide I like sniping the most, or not.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
I'd be sniping with the Minmatar suit, so I can carry a Sniper and the SMG for close range protection. The Caldari Logi suit would be for general purpose stuff, probably using an AR.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

bigmcgaffney posted:

Amarr has the sidearm, not the Minmatar!

I know, I'd be using Minmatar Assault.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Enter Char posted:

Wouldn't you be better served by Caldari just by having more high slots for damage mods? It seems like sidearm capacity isn't that important to sniping.

I thought Minmatar Assault suits have more highs than Caldari...? Or am I reading that graph wrong?

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Ambush can be fun, but the spawns can get pretty dumb at times. I've had a moment where I spawned, turned a corner, ran back to where I spawned and walked into a heavy spawning right where I had. Good times!

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Uba Stij posted:

Well, did you at least shoot him like a man or did you cower in fear?

I took his shields out before he turned me into a fine red mist. Heavies are pretty scary if you're carrying an AR that doesn't have good range.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Oh man, sniping is incredibly fun. I'm going with the Assault Minmatar, it seems. I've grabbed an advanced sniper and some damage mods plus an SMG, and its been decent going. Not ridiculously high scores, but it certainly is enjoyable picking people off a map away. Especially since there's no travel times on bullets, its like a point and click adventure.

What's the damage multiplier on headshots? I've taken full health heavies down in one headshot, so I'm thinking its gotta be at least 2-2.5x damage, probably higher.

I need more SP so I can get a better dropsuit, but there's no point getting a better dropsuit until I have better mods to put on it. Bleh, at least Skirmish pays out some decent SP. I'm heavily considering getting a passive booster, it sounds awfully convenient.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
The implementation will get bigger over time, I would imagine. Baby steps. Dust already plays a decent role in factional warfare, making plexing faster or slower for the people on EVE by winning ground battles.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Setting them to 0 is still a net positive for the isk they got. They should be thankful.

I hate it when servers are down, I don't want to play even more league. There's only so many stupid teammates you can take before you snap. I just wanna sit a map away and snipe people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Hazduck!

~SMcD
Well, I got the blasted Collector's Edition, so it seems I'll be playing a tiny bit more now.
I have no idea how many skillpoints I've accumulated since I stopped playing a few months ago.

Edit: OK guess my stuff was just buggin out, I'll play a few matches later. I got a mic too that works on my PS3, so if anyone is on when I'm around I'm down for some team stuff.

Hazdoc fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 25, 2013

• Locked thread