Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LoudLoudNoise
Dec 29, 2008

I'll throw PN03 into this list. I remember when the game was still in development, it received a bunch of comparisons to the also-in-development Starcraft Ghost. They were both third person shooters set in a futuristic environment starring an attractive female lead character. At least that's what it looked like. In reality, PN03 has much more in common with Rez and shmups than it does with the third-person action genre of early/mid 2000s console gaming. The gameplay is more about standing still and figuring out how to evade your opponents' attacks (with dancing!) than it was about being stealthy, clever, or outgunning your enemies. Unfortunately that was lost on a lot of reviewers and gamers alike since they expected a full-on action game.

I won't deny that it's a pretty weird game due to its initially off-putting gameplay mechanics, but it is definitely an underappreciated gem of the GameCube library.

http://youtu.be/PLrGj-KrL_0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoudLoudNoise
Dec 29, 2008

Overbite posted:

I really liked Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerebus for some reason. I know it isn't the greatest and people hate it but I liked playing it. And it's not like I'm some Final Fantasy VII fanboy who'll eat up anything with Cloud-kun in it, I didn't really like the movie and Crisis Core is so hard to get through.

People say the shooting is terrible and it's bad all over but I don't see it :shobon:

Crisis Core is kind of a slog, but the ending makes the game so worth it. It tells the inevitable end of Zack's story as a mixture of CG cutscenes and gameplay and it ended up being beautifully done. If you have any kind of childhood/teenage connection to playing FFVII, you oughta complete Crisis Core.

• Locked thread