Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Brink was a great game with a very cool art style, beautiful settings and intuitive teamwork. It's too bad that the game was so glitchy and poorly supported at launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Lord Lambeth posted:

Game journalists aren't real people. :colbert:

I'll second the Sonic Adventure 2 mention. I don't know how you could hate a game with chaos.

It's mind boggling that a stand alone Chao garden game hasn't been released.

Alouicious posted:

You're confusing "people" with "goons." It's an easy mistake to make, but eventually you'll realize the incredible difference between the two.

Anyway, I fuckin' love the new Syndicate. No, I never played the original Jaguar/PC game, I don't care to either. But the setting and gameplay of the reboot just appeals to me on a fundamental level. It's basically my cyberpunk hold-over to keep me sated until Cyberpunk 2077.

Syndicate is so great. It nails the cyberpunk aesthetic perfectly and it has some of the best co-op I've ever had the pleasure to play.

Improbable Lobster has a new favorite as of 21:39 on May 13, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Mauzeraut posted:

Emperor of Dune
This game was amazing by the gameplay in and of itself at the time, but the music throws it into a whole other dimension of Holy poo poo.

All of the music is incredibly well-suited to each house, the storyline is great, and the game is easily modifiable. I'm not sure how well it did in sales, but I doubt it hit the top 10 of anything.

I don't remember there being so much anime in Dune but that was a loving amazing game. Really did the series a lot of justice.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

RationalTangle posted:

I picked up Brutal Legend at a used game shop recently for less than $5, and have been enjoying it quite a bit. The humor - though not always great - generally gets a laugh out of me, and the soundtrack is pretty badass for the most part. A lot of people complained about the game being a real-time strategy thing instead of a straightforward action game, but now that I've gotten the flow of battle handled even that's really fun. I will concede that the game's tendency to not explain some objectives very well is rather frustrating at times.

I bet the game would have sold much better if the marketing hadn't done its best to hide the RTS elements and present it as a heavy metal God of War.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Wanamingo posted:

There was another game mode that was pretty good too. I forget what it was called, but basically one team had a massive APC that they had to get to the end of the map while the other team tried to blow it up. The thing had something like 8 seats in it and it acted as a mobile spawn point, so when you were on the offensive you could always just jump right into the action. Fun stuff.

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars had this. The humans had a cool APC to bring to the end of the level while the Strogg tried to stop it. It was a fun Battlefield-lite game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Anatharon posted:

Syndicate 2012 is inferior to the old games and is full of missed potential..

But the music really fits with the game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JGW4Z_lumk

I don't even like dubstep.

Syndicate had some of the best co-op gameplay I've ever experienced. It's a drat shame that it never got onto Steam because the multiplayer is an improved version of L4D with RPG elements in a cool cyberpunk setting.

• Locked thread