Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teavian
Oct 9, 2012

Maybe it is because it was the first Sonic game I played, but I rather enjoyed Shadow the Hedgehog. I think it's because people were comparing it to other Sonic games, when it made so many departures from the formula.

Also, I still believe the GBA port of Crystalis to be the superior version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teavian
Oct 9, 2012

Admiral Bosch posted:

Draw your sword, sir.

Draw it I shall. I prefer the music from the GBC version to the NES one, and if I'm remembering correctly the plot was expanded, so that's a plus as well. I'm pretty sure the menus were improved as well. The only downside was the reduced resolution, which only made the game slightly harder. I still got to (but never beat, unfortunately) the real final boss, and I was never that good at video games, so it couldn't have been that much worse.

Honestly, it's probably just nostalgia talking, but you've apparently got ten more years of nostalgia than me, so I win. :v:

Also, part of it is probably that it's the only version I owned.

Teavian
Oct 9, 2012

swamp waste posted:

Wasn't the real final boss taken out of the GBC one, and it ends after you fight the dragon guy? It's still a cool game either way though.

I'm pretty sure that you fight the original final boss, go through a new dungeon, and fight the final boss which I think might have been the second form of the original penultimate boss.

I know I have what is probably a wrong opinion, but whatever, I'm not changing it.

• Locked thread