Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe
Inspired by the "Great games you just don't 'get'" thread, let's hear your gaming guilty pleasures. What game(s) do you love that was/were poorly received by the general public?

I'm going to go with Metroid: Other M. I've read all the reasons people hate the game, and I just can't make myself feel the same way. Sure, the soap opera-style story was a lot different of a style than previous games in the series, but I really did enjoy it, and the gameplay was great. It's also probably the single best-looking Wii game I've ever seen. Maybe it's just because I'm a huge Metroid fanboy, and I read the manga very shortly before playing Other M, and the two are undoubtedly related to an extent.

pedrovay2003 has a new favorite as of 01:23 on May 13, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Twilight Princess. Best Zelda game easily.

I agree with you completely -- I still think TP is the best Zelda. I'm curious -- Which do you prefer, GameCube or Wii?

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Der-Wreck posted:

Mine would be Ignition Factor for the SNES. It's a firefighting game with lovely controls and odd gameplay. But you get to fight fires and rescue people in weird places! There's a level in a dinosaur museum and I think another at a robot factory. Such an odd game but I just love it for firefighting and some of its quirks are endearing. HURRY UP!

For some reason, this description really reminds me of Burning Rangers on the SEGA Saturn. I haven't played it, but quirky firefighting is definitely what drives that game.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
You know what? I'm going to throw another one up here: Calling for the Wii. I'm a huge horror fan, and there was just something about Calling. I think it was all the creepy-as-poo poo messages the game would send to your console's Message Board as you advanced.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Kimmalah posted:

I didn't realize there was so much rage about the cel shading thing.

I didn't, either, honestly. I actually really like cel shading in most games. I love how you can take a cel-shaded game and port it down to weaker hardware, and yet it still looks great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Mr. Mallory posted:

I had a lot of fun with WET. I thought the whole grindhouse feel was really well done and the soundtrack was great. Controls were a bit clunky but not enough to really hinder gameplay enjoyment. I was pretty excited to hear they were doing a sequel until it ended up getting cancelled.

Plus Eliza Dushku :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvv5FxPgYzM

I've only gotten to play the demo of Wet, but I really liked it. I'm not a 3D brawler person, either; I think the fact that it oozed style is what pulled me into it. I had no idea there was going to be a sequel.

• Locked thread