Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Usogui is Japanese for "Lie Guy". He's a guy who can't stop telling lies. His catchphrase is "You are lying".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

A whole volume of Cestus dropped yesterday :toot:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Shiori Experience
I wanted Mitsuoka to get some emotions. But not like this

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
What better way to motivate young people than being the biggest bitch in the universe?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

The teacher is cool. I would probably transfer my kids out though lol.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Mirage posted:

What better way to motivate young people than being the biggest bitch in the universe?

There's like an AGGRESSIVE AND OPPRESSIVE HATRED to music from her beyond winning and status symbolism. Like, if it can't be used for winning, oppresing others, or as a status symbol it may as well be poo poo from an rear end to her. Like the idea of simply liking music for music itself is seen by her as a bigger sin than pissing on a cross would be by a Christian or Catholic. I can totally envision her being the type of manager or music trainer that would drive someone to suicide in different music Manga or even real life. That's the best way I can describe her. Like just pure uncut cruelty for cruelties sake.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
I guess a few people here aren't familiar with serious high school competitions.

That's for the best, honestly.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

not quite my tempo

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Latest chapter of Hiroya Oku's Gigant dropped and aside that I'm just reading this boring poo poo out of habit, goddamn Oku is just being lazy as hell with everything. From him just using filtered digital photos to drawing the main characters of his story.

It feels like he's just trying to figure out how much laziness he can get away with.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Ugh yeah. Glad I just stopped bothering with that one. Inuyashiki did alright enough and probably only stayed decent because it was short.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Did the protagonist ever change from being a deeply unlikable creeper whose sole driving force was loving the big-breasted AV star?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I will never not be amused at how Hiroya Oku made it incredibly obvious how jealous he is of One Piece.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I will never not be amused at how Hiroya Oku made it incredibly obvious how jealous he is of One Piece.

What's the story there?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

doomrider7 posted:

What's the story there?

A character makes fun of somebody for having a poster of trash like Gantz in their room instead of something like One Piece. Later on the main antagonist starts talking about One Piece with a girl whose family he just brutally murdered.
It really comes off as the author being super bitter about the success of One Piece.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

IShallRiseAgain posted:

A character makes fun of somebody for having a poster of trash like Gantz in their room instead of something like One Piece. Later on the main antagonist starts talking about One Piece with a girl whose family he just brutally murdered.
It really comes off as the author being super bitter about the success of One Piece.

Lol, wow! There's self-deprecating and then there's whatever that is.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
If you want to see some good art, the recent works by Minetaro Mochizuki have a great art style and he's obsessed with dressing his characters with intricate, real life fashion clothing that looks super hard to draw.

chiisakobee (recently completed):

https://mangadex.org/chapter/628865/1

Tokyo kaido, the new work:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/863625/1

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

When did Wes Anderson start making manga

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

When did Wes Anderson start making manga

He did Bleach right?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That Works posted:

He did Bleach right?

Don't insult Bleach like that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Archer666 posted:

Latest chapter of Hiroya Oku's Gigant dropped and aside that I'm just reading this boring poo poo out of habit, goddamn Oku is just being lazy as hell with everything. From him just using filtered digital photos to drawing the main characters of his story.

I just read some of this, and it's some of the most hilariously dumb poo poo I've ever read. My favorite part so far is when she rejects him and he just immediately starts crying and wailing in a public restaurant and manages to guilt her into dating him. And then this leads to True Love!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

chumbler posted:

Don't insult Bleach like that.

lol

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

lmao that's some primo Liefeld

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rob Liefeld is many things, but he's still better than fuckin Gantzman.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
it feels like he started drawing the girl top to bottom and just gave up on the whole page right after the chest and GISed a background

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

I got kinda curious, but it's very bad from page 1. Plot, art, characters, everything is super bad. Gantzman got serious case of badbrain.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, in hindsight its kinda amazing how much of a fluke the (good part of) Gantz was. Basically everything else I have seen from that author has been pure trash.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Inuyashiki is alright.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Archer666 posted:

It feels like he's just trying to figure out how much laziness he can get away with.

The girl has no spine or organs, the guy is doing a jojo pose. Everything about this is bad.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I personally love the dude's weirdly off center neck and how they're on a different axis than the stock background

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie Chapter 36

Preemptive RIP to Rudra. Looks like that's where Shiva got his markings from.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Oh yeah, Shiva really is going hard on the power of friendship.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm in the mood for some body horror/monster recs. Doesn't necessarily have to be good or even scary really (though those are definitely a plus), I just want stuff with cool spooky designs to read through for spookmonth.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

I'm in the mood for some body horror/monster recs. Doesn't necessarily have to be good or even scary really (though those are definitely a plus), I just want stuff with cool spooky designs to read through for spookmonth.

I am a Hero has some cool designs, same for Apocalypse no Toride both zombie genre stuff.

Yak of Wrath
Feb 24, 2011

Keeping It Together

AnonSpore posted:

Try Vanilla Spider or Wakusei Closet

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
oooh this one is showing promise:

https://mangadex.org/title/54126/killer-ape

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

AnonSpore posted:

If you've never read Uzumaki you should give it a whorl.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

AnonSpore posted:

Homunculus

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Nobody's mentioned Franken Fran yet?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nipponophile posted:

Nobody's mentioned Franken Fran yet?

franken fran usually goes in the surreal manga thread I think, but the new series is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

AnonSpore posted:

Blame!, Biomega, Abara