Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

nerdz posted:

franken fran usually goes in the surreal manga thread I think, but the new series is good

it's a comedy about body horror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's a comedy about body horror.
A comedy in the vein of:
"I cannot let my patients die, so I turned this hit and run victim into a caterpillar body to metamorphize back to normal! Who eats people!"
"You monster! How could you do such a thing!?"
"But she lived though!"

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Grouchio posted:

A comedy in the vein of:
"I cannot let my patients die, so I turned this hit and run victim into a caterpillar body to metamorphize back to normal! Who eats people!"
"You monster! How could you do such a thing!?"
"But she lived though!"

I don’t see the problem.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Thanks for the recs, yall. I've read about half of these and liked most of them so I've got high hopes for the other half!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Newest Usogui finally answers why Baku had Kaji under the tower first so he could manipulate which clock was used

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New Shuumatsu
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1051227/1

Good gods Shiva is just the most shonen character in this manga

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

My goodness. He even has all of his former rivals cheering him on in the background. This level of shonen, can it be contained?

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1051713/1 A somewhat more comprehensible translation of the chapter.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 29, 2020

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

That Works posted:

I am a Hero has some cool designs, same for Apocalypse no Toride both zombie genre stuff.
both of these endings suck be advised

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Didn't apocalypse get cancelled
Idris Elba told me so

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Shiva's backstory and circle of friends is slathered in 12 different flavors of cheese, but even though it feels the weakest of all the fighters' flashbacks so far, it's charming enough that I'd probably root for him were he not the antagonist.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
At long last, a new (slightly NSFW) Renjoh Deperado!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Wakusei Closet was insanely good. That was a great marathon read

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Sora Ni Mairu / Confronting S.

5 chapters in it started going in a direction I didn't expect.

quote:

Sora Hiyodori, a housewife who's oddly familiar with machines and programming, went on a trip through space to deliver the ashes of her husband who passed away from illness to her mother-in-law. Accompanying her is her son Chuujirou, a robot installed with an AI.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
the matter-of-factness of that example image with it being sci-fi but with a certain current-era mundanity to it really gives me Oh, My Sweet Alien vibes. Definitely adding it to the to-read list.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Usogui is a god tier manga.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Pewdiepie posted:

Usogui is a god tier manga.

The art in these last two translated chapters has been amazing.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

sinky posted:

Sora Ni Mairu / Confronting S.

5 chapters in it started going in a direction I didn't expect.

This is a good one. Although I'm very curious how one manages to accomplish this with human vocal cords?

Basically speaking in barcodes.

Weed Wolf
Jul 30, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

I'm in the mood for some body horror/monster recs. Doesn't necessarily have to be good or even scary really (though those are definitely a plus), I just want stuff with cool spooky designs to read through for spookmonth.

A little late to reply but I've been enjoying Urasekai Picnic. Like the Strugatsky brothers' work which inspired the name / Tartovsky's Stalker, it's never directly horror but rather alien, unknown, and spooky. Also has some great body horror moments. If you want to see Anime Girls Exploring the Zone this will be your jam.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

This is a good one. Although I'm very curious how one manages to accomplish this with human vocal cords?

Basically speaking in barcodes.

Seems like it'll be revealed at some pointer later given it's part of what the engineers are marveling at, but to speculate wildly, she could have some kind of cyborg widget in her throat. Actually I'm wondering if her hand-over-neck pose in the third panel is a signal.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

someone has been translating the war's unwomanly face manga from arabic to english

https://mangadex.org/title/36625/war-s-unwomanly-face

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Ringo Roadagain posted:

someone has been translating the war's unwomanly face manga from arabic to english

Ta, was waiting for this.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sora Yori Takaku is being updated again :toot:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The final chapter of the Usogui handkerchief match just dropped
It couldnt have ended any other way.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Taiyo Matsumoto's Straight is getting translated

https://mangadex.org/title/56746/straight

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie

Shiva shows exactly how hot blooded he is.

Feels like a lower level fight? Or at least Raiden isn't pushing Shiva enough yet.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Some crazy stuff going on in these final few Usogui chapters.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie

Feels like a lower level fight? Or at least Raiden isn't pushing Shiva enough yet.

He nearly ripped off Shiva's arm, he has pushed Shiva quite a bit.

MAn this poo poo is bonkers. With that ridiculous wall of muscle flesh.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It's kind of funny how the gods are like "I have to fulfill my peoples' hopes and dreams" when the whole purpose of this tournament is just to decide whether humans will be exterminated.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Ytlaya posted:

It's kind of funny how the gods are like "I have to fulfill my peoples' hopes and dreams" when the whole purpose of this tournament is just to decide whether humans will be exterminated.

Just shows that their people must be millenials or gen z. Wanting to die is fairly normal.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Some crazy stuff going on in these final few Usogui chapters.

Really wild poo poo yeah
Rip baku i guess

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its over folks

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

The chapter about how they had to deal with periods was interesting/horrifying. Christ, that must have been utterly miserable.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Going to really miss checking daily for Usogui translation updates.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

good news: Someone is scanlating Kiichi!!

bad news: the quality is very poor

https://mangadex.org/title/7123/kiichi

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
drunkscan lives up to its name

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie

The thing I find most interesting about this fight is that the human is the gigantic mass of raw strength and the god has to rely on his experience and skill to put up a fight. I'm waiting with bated breath over what other tricks Shiva will pull out of his pants.

Serge Painsbourg
Jul 26, 2016

Speaking of Shuumatsu...

Majo Taisen - The War of the Greedy Witches

The Kakegurui author has a new series, and it's Shuumatsu of famous women. I'm looking forward to it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I can't say no to tournament fights.

Real curious about how they're going to flesh out Mona Lisa.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
If Florence Nightengale can be close to her depiction in the Black Museum manga series she's probably going to make the Top 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Get lost Lady Murasaki we want Sei Shonagon!