Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the point of collections. But the only piece I even cared about was the Outlaw's boots, which I have several copies of off the GTN. But one, I don't seem to be able to actually add it to my collections. Two, when I look at the set in the market, it says "Additional copies of this item are only available off the cartel market." :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

kmzh posted:

Do Outlaw boots come with mods already in them? According to the patch notes you won't be able to dupe those kinds of items.

Oh, well. That explains it, I read the patch notes but I missed that. drat. I understand why they would do that, but man that takes the wind out of my sails, I wish I could collection a mod-less version.

I guess that means I have to write an angry, incoherent post full of typos on the official forums. Dammit. :effort:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

WarLocke posted:

Was kind of disappointed to see that the Collections tab is almost exclusively for cash shop items.

I'm a little disappointed in it so far too. I'm glad it exists, but it feels a lot more limited and expensive (red efficiency scanner unlock is 240ish CC, for example) than the previews implied, at least to me, and as near as I can tell it's lacking some features I would like it to have, like a search box and unlocking by item piece instead of whole sets.

I'm sure for people who use the cash shop items a lot it will be great, and I imagine I'll get some use out of it too. It just feels like it's about 50% of what it could be, is all.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Has anyone confirmed if this is doable, because drat will that be better than spending 400,000$ a pop on +41 power crystals.

I'm in the process of testing it right now, will report back shortly.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

All right, here's what I found. Had a +41 endurance derelict purple color crystal that a guildmate gave me the other day. Unbound. Equipped it on my level 19 commando, it was added to collections. Swapped over to my also level 19 sage. Went to my collections, found the crystal. Paid 60 coins to unlock it for my account. Promptly claimed a copy, 41 endurance and all, and slotted it into my lightsaber. Claimed another, slotted it into the blue sniper rifle HK has, which now also has a crystal slot which is a nice change.

So yes, it seems to work, at least for this crystal. I would assume it would work for the other ones as well.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Team THEOLOGY posted:

And to confirm this doesn't work with stuff you bought of the GTN I gather? Or maybe I have just been unable to figure it all out yet.

Can't say either way if it works with GTN, the level 10 crystals are through the roof and more than I want to pay for right now. But it did work with one a guildmate had gotten from I don't know where and sent me in the mail.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Anyone know if the Cathar unlock actually produces a tradable item like other market unlocks? Considering a gift for someone but don't want it for myself.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

KittyEmpress posted:

Or are healers and tanks so rare that sitting for 40+ minutes wont get a pop as a non-50 DPS?

It's a combination of this and that fact that LFG isn't cross-server. But yes, getting both a tank and a healer at the same time is hard to do it seems. What I find interesting is that in my experience it's both of those roles being rare, as opposed to tanks being rare and healers being medium, or vice-versa.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, I know, I guess I just wasn't expecting it to be only a cartel shop thing. I figured there would also be room for in-game stuff to be 'collected'.

Yeah, that's how I had interpreted the previews as well.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Streebs posted:

I'm coming back to SWTOR after stopping a few months after release. I got an imperial agent to lvl 35 but I don't think I'm going to go back to it right away because I forgot most of the story, plus I want to kill stuff with a lightsaber. So I created a new jedi knight and noticed in the OP it says "Best played without an advanced class." Is it really better to play a Jedi Knight without taking an advanced class? If so, why?

No, it is never a good idea to do that. I don't know why that joke is in the OP, but it's just that, a joke.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

So does anyone have advice with how long it usually takes to get your monthly cartel coins? Halfway through my first month back I paid for a 2-month nonrecurring, and it went into effect about 10pm last night. I got my Security Key grant in the middle of the day yesterday, but still haven't gotten my subscriber's 500. They say to wait 72 hours before ticketing it, I'm just curious if this is normal.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Guess I will just keep waiting then, thank you!

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Bag of Hamsters posted:

Then again, I could never get behind the whole 'saving the galaxy' trope the Force-wielding classes have, because the game is incredibly clear about how the Jedi and Sith endlessly gently caress everything up and it's the normals who have to die terribly/clean up the mess.

It's interesting, I have always been a big fan of force users and heroic stuff. Obi-Wan is my favorite movie character, no question at all. But the more I play TOR and the more EU stuff I look at, the less interested I am in playing a force sensitive exactly because of what you decribed. The galaxy is stuck in a terrible cycle, and every few hundred years as people dare to look up to see if the wars are over, the Sith and Jedi go at each other again, with the non-sensitives caught in the middle.

I still love the Force as a concept, but I don't feel as interested in characters that use it being in my control, right now. Also there's the fact that there are probably 8 force users to every 1 non-user in the game right now, and it feels bloated.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Nathilus posted:

The cyclic nature of the conflict isn't so much thematic as it is a way to keep cranking out product, and I wouldn't read too far into it given that multiple characters in the EU end up transcending the Light/Dark boundary.

Yeah, I'll cop to this point. It's just me being a lore nerd and looking for IC reasons instead of marketing reasons.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Yeah, if you're talking about the last 2+ heroic, what I did on my sniper was just book it through the trash which I couldn't kill on my own, die near the boss, med probe and kill boss who wasn't too hard. Done. Just use your healer companion and interrupt/stun him as much as you can when he's casting.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Tips for dealing with roleplayers without being a complete rear end in a top hat.

1. Don't be an rear end in a top hat.

2. Be firm but respectful. Simply type out "I am not interested in joining you in RPing, so I will just be here to complete the flashpoint."
2a. If you want to really be super respectful, include the above statement in ((DOUBLE BRACKETS.))

3. Don't try to get them killed, like anyone else that will just put them on the defensive. If you feel they're going too slow, politely make your case. "Can we go faster, please, and you can RP on your own time?"

4. Ninja looting always makes you an rear end in a top hat. Even if the person you're stealing purps from is Hitler 2, it's still a dick move.

Basically what I'm saying is that you did everything wrong and made no point except to be foolish.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Those last two pictures, both the action hero and WW, are by far the best things I've seen done with the dye system so far.

Additionally in reference to that picture, does anyone know any high boots like those or anything similar they can point me to? Especially if they're cheap oranges or even better, something I can add to Collections. I love high boots with pants, but I can only find the drat Outlaw ones that can't duplicated.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 03:27 on May 18, 2013

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

WarLocke posted:

Random thought: Now that you can change a character's race with the makeup kiosk thing, if you level (say) a Cyborg to max (and unlock that race in your Legacy) and then pay a few CC to change the character to a Mirialan (or whatever), do you also unlock the second race (since now you have a max-level one)?

It's a good thought, but a race change is expensive. Even to an already unlocked race it costs something like 750cc for a subscriber. So it's cheaper to just spend the coins on unlocking the race by itself.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I knew the generals of that stuff, but thank you for the post, nice easy to read summary and list.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Hoboskins posted:

Oh is there a dual speccing option or is one being implemented? That would make things easier.

The closest thing to dual spec right now is that you can legacy unlock field respec which allows you respec anywhere. If you're a subscriber, this is free. I'd love to see a real dual-spec, but I am skeptical that we will because it means less people paying for respecs and the above unlock.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

As someone who's never been around for the Rakghoul events, what should I know?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

What do these referrals actually do? I apologize if I missed it somewhere obvious, I just recently started playing again and I already put down a 60-dam sub but I don't know if I should be clicking something anyways to help someone, or what. All my dudes are on the Ebon Hawk unfortunately, so I'm not playing with goons at this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

KittyEmpress posted:

Depending on if you had previous subscribed or not you get

Either way: Seven days of subscription

Never subscribed: Free Newcomer Starter Pack, some other terrible benefits.

Previously subscribed: Free character transfer, free extra crew skill unlock (letting you have 3 crew skills on your characters even when not subscribed) free unify color (for when you subscription ends) etc.

and if you subscribe within 2 weeks of the referral they get 500 CC, as well as 100 per month you subscribe, which is pretty sweet.

Ahh, thank you. I went back a page and clicked one, so hopefully somebody's gonna get some rewards, since it says the referral was accepted even though I had already resubbed, and it added the seven free days.

• Locked thread