Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
Padma Lakshmi is the GOAT for Hot Ones. At one point she just starts taking swigs of the hot sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Growing up in India, or at least most places in India, is a pretty big leg-up in terms of increasing your tolerance.

I watched the Hot Ones and in Adam's defense the host was soliciting specific takes in that interview.

Moniker
Mar 16, 2004

pangstrom posted:

Growing up in India, or at least most places in India, is a pretty big leg-up in terms of increasing your tolerance.

I watched the Hot Ones and in Adam's defense the host was soliciting specific takes in that interview.

Yeah he was definitely a huge fan of Adam and did a good job of getting his typical go to rants in and out of the interview.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

https://twitter.com/comicswatching/status/1090003128810909697?s=20

https://twitter.com/adamcarolla/status/1090066643978354688?s=20

I may have to listen to the show in the first time in years. Gotta love comedian drama.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
lol. Is that show out today or tomorrow?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's out now.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I'm glad DAG has been having a bit of career resurgence since distancing himself from Adam Carolla. Dude was great on The Carmichael Show and he seems to be getting steady TV and movie work plus he's killing it on Broadway.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
He's ridiculously talented. I still listen to that "teddy pendergrass/alison not that fat" appearance now and then
https://soundcloud.com/lishmixes/david-alan-grier-as-teddy

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Doesn’t really shed much light on anything although as I’m typing this Adam compared himself not tacitly refuting trump to a civilian living in occupied Poland and then in the same breath said something along the lines of “no president is going to impact your life” so lmao. Same old Adam I guess

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

i'm sure adam thinks it is just his opinion/non opinion of trump that makes people classify him as a right wing shithead and not any of the millions of other things he says/people he works with

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

WEH posted:

“no president is going to impact your life” so lmao. Same old Adam I guess

This is the final recourse of the “both sides same” guy in the Trump years. They can’t say that anymore because Trump is fantastically stupid and unbelievably not qualified for any job, and they know it, so instead of both sides being the same it’s “actually the president doesn’t matter.” It’s pathetic.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

bartok posted:

I'm glad DAG has been having a bit of career resurgence since distancing himself from Adam Carolla. Dude was great on The Carmichael Show and he seems to be getting steady TV and movie work plus he's killing it on Broadway.

Hes been working steady for many years. His association with Adam in no way effected his career.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://dotellray.com

Stumping for the Do Tell Ray podcast. It's nominally a home improvement show, but mostly lots of remember-when and bullshitting about life.

Reminded me because they told the nasally racist to shove-off.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
You'd think two people whose poo poo has been in each other's ears would be pals for life

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm surprised it took DAG that long. Adam's been doing the "blacks are just lazy" bit for 20 years.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
FAMILY AND EDUCATION

Adam's lost pretty much all of his old friends.

I still listen to Reasonable Doubt because there's more of a Loveline dynamic. He still goes on tangents about grit, but there's more besides that.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Stavros had a funny little anecdote about when he stopped listening to Adam Carolla on Cum Town this week.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

bartok posted:

Stavros had a funny little anecdote about when he stopped listening to Adam Carolla on Cum Town this week.

Have a time or episode?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

bartok posted:

That episode he described was literally the moment I started tuning out from him too.

bartok
May 10, 2006

UltraRed posted:

Have a time or episode?

It's episode 140 can't you the time stamp right now but it's only like 10 seconds long at most.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I don't remember the timestamp and it doesn't appear in the https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13ITTbierTG584pAIOklGoFCj4gVnmqCKD_qb6UDXWGA/edit#gid=1950679934 CUM TOWN SPREADSHEET, but the jist was that Adam going off about how ALL POOR PEOPLE ARE LAZY SCUM AND WELFARE/FOOD STAMPS/ETC. SHOULD BE ENDED ENTIRELY made him go 'oh no' and realize all at once that Adam is irredeemable scum.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Starts after 1:07:11

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The_Rob posted:

That episode he described was literally the moment I started tuning out from him too.

mine was a rant about mexicans but I can relate to stav's story so much

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

little munchkin posted:

adam carolla sucks rear end

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
See, I listened pretty faithfully for a while there after he started up the podcast after the radio show got nuked, but once he started palling around with Denis "I Rape My Wife" Prager... That was a bit much.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i dunno how a human being can have absolutely no self-awareness.

edit: lol when the cum boys couldn't come up with sargon's "name".

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Feb 1, 2019

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

i dunno how a human being can have absolutely no self-awareness.

edit: lol when the cum boys couldn't come up with sargon's "name".

No you don’t get it, when Adam was in his 20s, get this... he was poor! :eek: And his parents, get this as well... were a little emotionally distant! :eek:

If he can overcome these great obstacles all the MEXICANS and BLACKS can overcome systemic poverty and become man show hosts or something as well. Family, and education.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I stopped listening a few months after he canned Alison. Gina didn't bring anything to the table at all, but it was after hearing the same stories and same lame bits day after day that I realized that I've heard everything Adam had to offer. So I moved on.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I don't think his family was poor, I think his dad is just a bit clueless about other peoples needs, and kinda stingy with money. Adam's upbringing sounds a lot like mine. It's definitely a kind of middle class neglect, but it's a far cry from actual poverty. You'd have to be amazingly up your own arse to think having the cheap cereal for breakfast is the same as living in a station wagon while dad roams the midwest looking for work.

And living in a poo poo apartment in your 20s isn't poor either, if you can always swallow your pride and crash at mums for a few months, you're not really poor. You have a support network that you can fall back on, most people in true dire poverty would kill for that kind of assurance and stability.

In short : Adam sucks arse.

hiddenmovement fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 1, 2019

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I've been listening to some old Loveline episodes from the late 90s, and I don't really think 2019 Adam Carolla is appreciably different from 1999 Adam Carolla. I think the world around him has just changed.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

hiddenmovement posted:

I don't think his family was poor, I think his dad is just a bit clueless about other peoples needs, and kinda stingy with money. Adam's upbringing sounds a lot like mine. It's definitely a kind of middle class neglect, but it's a far cry from actual poverty. You'd have to be amazingly up your own arse to think having the cheap cereal for breakfast is the same as living in a station wagon while dad roams the midwest looking for work.

And living in a poo poo apartment in your 20s isn't poor either, if you can always swallow your pride and crash at mums for a few months, you're not really poor. You have a support network that you can fall back on, most people in true dire poverty would kill for that kind of assurance and stability.

In short : Adam sucks arse.

yeah my parents grew up legit poor (my mom's giant family once lived in an abandoned convent and my dad grew up in the projects) and they both went to college and ended up upper middle class and aren't regressive shitheads like adam. it's why i can't wrap my head around someone having his total lack of self awareness.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Feb 1, 2019

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Apoplexy posted:

See, I listened pretty faithfully for a while there after he started up the podcast after the radio show got nuked, but once he started palling around with Denis "I Rape My Wife" Prager... That was a bit much.

I got an ad on YouTube for Dennis Prager University, that began “MLK died 50 years ago...” it made me want to take a shower.

Yeah, regarding all of Adam’s pals abandoning him the biggest is still when he threw Donny under the bus, and Donny sued and got a significant settlement

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I liked the podcast when it was just him shooting the poo poo with people. He had Seth MacFarlane, Jimmy, and a bunch of other good comedians on. Took a turn for the worse when he wanted to make it a morning zoo. The guests were ignored and the quality dropped a ton. Seems like he still gets decent ones promoting something but too much Dennis Miller crap.

The Prager stuff is funny because he hated those people at Loveline.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
After Dameshek left Ace lost me.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Is his listenership down, or had he replaced everyone who stopped listening to him with more and more right wing people?

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Yeah a few people have asked that and I would be interested to find out. I would guess it's the latter but who knows.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It might be down but there are also more people listening to podcasts than ever so maybe its up. He's always going to have fan base that worships him. Just listen to any of the phone callers.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

UP AND ADAM posted:

After Dameshek left Ace lost me.

Wait what. I quit because of Dameshek being on the bizarre sports thing in the middle of every show.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I was a die hard Ace fan from before he left his radio show. They used to upload the recordings of his shows as podcasts, and I loved listening to them - I thought there was a legitimately good dynamic between Adam, Teresa and Bryan. Kept going through the podcast until he fired Alison. That was when I finally gave up the ghost. Listening to her show about the experience was genuinely heartbreaking.

I still laugh at how clueless he was with his podcast and his attempt to monetize it, who would have thought he'd be King Podcast after a few years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

General Dog posted:

I've been listening to some old Loveline episodes from the late 90s, and I don't really think 2019 Adam Carolla is appreciably different from 1999 Adam Carolla. I think the world around him has just changed.

Nah, he never ranted about taxes and poo poo on Loveline, or at least not nearly as much as he does now, getting a lot of money changed him.