Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans

Veskit posted:

Spoil it because I can't remember what it was and I want to remember. Just put up some tags or something.

When Adam was making fun of Canadians for being drunk and then misspelling his name on the Canadian Mangria bottle, Bryan said "It is a dark dark day for Canada when Adam is making fun of your spelling and drunkenness."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Also the 'ohhh sweet irony' drop was well placed.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

I might be crazy but I'm really looking forward to the Yakov Smirnoff episode. If I heard him right, it's going to be recorded tonight, which should mean it will be tomorrow's episode. Chances are it could be wildly disappointing but I'm hopeful!

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

John Salley is just delightful. Loving his appearance.

Sieg
Sep 28, 2009

Must kill all humans
On today's ADD, I like how Adam tells Drew to start a new podcast with Bald Bryan called "Let's poo poo on Adam's Points".

I actually thought Drew had a valid point about the audio book.

visuvius
Sep 24, 2007
sta da moor
Good God that laugh.

He's hamming it up right? RIGHT??

Smellem Sexbad
Sep 16, 2003
God Bald Bryan is the loving WORST. He is so insufferable on the film vault podcast.

This week the topic was "top 5 character unravelings". So you know, characters that have a breakdown over the course of a movie. Bryan's number 3 was some loving GI JOE movie where Cobra Commander turns into a snake. I wish Anderson would just fire him and do the podcast with the producer, Logan, or Mike Carano.

He isn't funny and what's worse is his taste in movies is unbelievably awful.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Adam's crowdfunding film passed the $1 million mark today.

http://fundanything.com/adamcarolla

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm not a fan of the crowdfunding for this, but his page is genuinely hilarious. Videos are good and same goes for all the updates.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Niwrad posted:

I'm not a fan of the crowdfunding for this, but his page is genuinely hilarious. Videos are good and same goes for all the updates.

I'm fine with it. I know people like to say that he's rich and he should pay for it himself but almost nobody funds their own movies with their own money unless they're just starting out and they absolutely need to. He's asking his fans for support based on their love of his free podcast and their trust that he will make a good movie (which thanks to crowd funding he will have complete control of) and offering some really good rewards for doing so. I think this is one of the better crowd sourced projects I've seen.

Personally I don't think the movie will be that good. It will likely be another retelling of a part of his life with a bunch of stories and jokes we've already heard. I liked the Hammer but even that was a lot of Loveline jokes and anecdotes rehashed, and that was back when Adam still tried to be funny.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007

ace_beef posted:

God Bald Bryan is the loving WORST. He is so insufferable on the film vault podcast.

This week the topic was "top 5 character unravelings". So you know, characters that have a breakdown over the course of a movie. Bryan's number 3 was some loving GI JOE movie where Cobra Commander turns into a snake. I wish Anderson would just fire him and do the podcast with the producer, Logan, or Mike Carano.

He isn't funny and what's worse is his taste in movies is unbelievably awful.

That and his flickfessions/top 5 essentially consist of reading the films IMDB credits instead of actually talking about the actual film.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Save the hosed out PF changs restaurant host bit, todays episode was totally awesome and worth a listen to.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Veskit posted:

Save the hosed out PF changs restaurant host bit, todays episode was totally awesome and worth a listen to.

Holy poo poo they did that bit AGAIN? Leave it to Adam to find funny, creative people and force them to do the same unfunny poo poo over and over.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Ez posted:

Holy poo poo they did that bit AGAIN? Leave it to Adam to find funny, creative people and force them to do the same unfunny poo poo over and over.

At least it was short, and I did get a chuckle from the Kobayashi bit that preceded it.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

And it was at the end, so he didn't stretch it too much. It's so weird that he keeps making people rehash the same bits, you'd expect him to have better comedic instincts than that, especially with all his complaining about things being hosed out and how dumb people like repetition. I think a lot of it is he gets so much personal enjoyment out of doing these same things.

Jo Koy is a hilarious guy though, and the rest of the show was gold.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Jo Koy and Jim Jefferies are the best guests.

I think Adam's biggest mistake with his podcasting network is not making a bigger effort to bring in other names. Jim Jefferies would have been a perfect fit on the network with his podcast. If he had built up a stable of shows instead of just giving his family shows, he may have been able to cash that in for a lot of money. Look at the success of Nerdist.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Oh man yeah a Jim Jefferies podcast would have been a great fit. He just doesn't seem that motivated to expand the network that way. A perfect example of this is Jay Mohr's podcast, when Mohr first started it at one point he was very interested in doing it under Carolla's network, but Carolla's team (I think it was Mike) dragged his feet too long and Jay Mohr ended up just starting his own thing.

bartok
May 10, 2006

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Oh man yeah a Jim Jefferies podcast would have been a great fit. He just doesn't seem that motivated to expand the network that way. A perfect example of this is Jay Mohr's podcast, when Mohr first started it at one point he was very interested in doing it under Carolla's network, but Carolla's team (I think it was Mike) dragged his feet too long and Jay Mohr ended up just starting his own thing.

Jay Mohr had Jim Jeffries podcast as part of his network.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Minor nitpick but when Jay Mohr did get started it was under Kevin Smith's smodcast network- he's since migrated off of it to his own network now.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Veskit posted:

That podcast had a great interview too. No rants from Adam and it was really interesting.

The PF Chang bit was worth it for the Pai Gow joke.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

So quick to come back and sing praises, but the Cranston interview/announcement was loving spectacular.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Veskit posted:

So quick to come back and sing praises, but the Cranston interview/announcement was loving spectacular.
It couldn't have ended better. They really committed to the whole thing too, I love that.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Last two episodes have been great. I have even enjoyed the show that doesn't have guests a lot (which has been happening more frequently). The one the other day was funny when that guy Mike Stewart called in for an interview and Bryan talked more than him.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It's also hilarious how he won't watch Breaking Bad but watches all those terrible Bravo shows. You'd think being friends with Cranston would get him to pound through the series while on the road.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

So this was pretty much the best week of the podcast so far right? Everyone should believe that much at least. Past 4 episodes have all been gold. Big momma is still funny even.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Veskit posted:

So this was pretty much the best week of the podcast so far right? Everyone should believe that much at least. Past 4 episodes have all been gold. Big momma is still funny even.

Yup, even enjoyed the James Deen interview which was different. I do skip the news most of the time still. I'd love to see Jo Koy on a weekly basis, although I doubt that's possible. Bryan is still horrible and actually managed to talk more than Jo Koy during his appearance. When did he officially become a co-host?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Niwrad posted:

Bryan is still horrible and actually managed to talk more than Jo Koy during his appearance. When did he officially become a co-host?

I haven't listened to the show in a couple weeks because he's starting to get on my nerves again. I found an archive of Adam's radio show and I've been listening to that and it's amazing how much more operable Bryan is on that show. He doesn't say much and when he does is usually funny and he doesn't try to steer jokes away from Adam, it's amazing. Also, it may seem petty but the fact that he's coming out with a book really pisses me off. His only accomplishments are meeting Adam and kissing his rear end for 10 years and getting a brain tumor. If he didn't meet Adam we wouldn't even know he existed and if he didn't have a brain tumor he would have nothing to write about and nobody would care about him. How the gently caress is he going to fill a whole book? I know "we've crafted a society" where people like Snooki can "write" a book but I still feel like he doesn't deserve one.

Ez fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 9, 2013

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I loved this weeks podcasts, all were solid. I thought yesterday that Jay Mohr was gonna sweep Blah Blah Blog for sure, then Alison does it instead, crazy!

edit--> Wow, yesterday's show with Larry Miller is a must-listen-to show.

Boinks fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Aug 13, 2013

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Boinks posted:

I loved this weeks podcasts, all were solid. I thought yesterday that Jay Mohr was gonna sweep Blah Blah Blog for sure, then Alison does it instead, crazy!

edit--> Wow, yesterday's show with Larry Miller is a must-listen-to show.
Last week was really strong. The Amazing Jonathan was kind of weird, I don't know much about the guy, but at least he chimed in a lot.

I'm liking the 1 on 1 interviews this week, it was really good to hear from Larry Miller again.

I gave in and donated to the Road Hard campaign. The video updates should be really entertaining, at the least. One thing I've noticed is the crazy amount of rewards that have been added to and changed since the start of this. Kevin Hench brought up a good point on today's podcast, asking if he realized what kind of time he's promised to give out over the next year or so. I've seen a lot of Kickstarter projects seriously overdo it with physical rewards, I hope his money managers/whoever put this all together know what they're getting into. It's gotta end up costing tens of thousands of dollars for all the physical rewards and parties and stuff they have planned at this point, if not pushing up into a hundred thousand.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Holy poo poo, The Amazing Jonathan was on the podcast? I'll have to go and listen to that one, he used to be one of my favorites back when I was a kid and his one stand-up half hour would repeat every once in a while on Comedy Central.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

The story Dianne farr told about Adam hanging out Drews kids to dry loving cracked me up so hard today. Great episode today and hopefully it gets Tom Lennon on more cause he was great too.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Veskit posted:

The story Dianne farr told about Adam hanging out Drews kids to dry loving cracked me up so hard today. Great episode today and hopefully it gets Tom Lennon on more cause he was great too.
Holy poo poo that was hilarious, I'd never heard that story before. I also didn't know Tom Lennon went back so far with him either, I could listen to Babydoll Dixon stories all day. I love Tom Lennon, but never even thought about him showing up on the podcast. I just assumed he was one of the guys who wouldn't pop up.

Does anyone else notice how Adam seems to get funnier when a smart and talkative woman like Diane Farr is on the show? Not to say he's not funny already, but the energy just seems different. I remember this happening on Loveline and the podcast before with great guests like Pam Adlon.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I should also mention they posted the skit. It's at 8:56. Tom Lennon was indeed fat.

http://www.mtv.com/videos/the-state-season-1-episode-5/1568982/playlist.jhtml

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

She is great every time she appears on one of the shows. If you haven't listened to her appearance on Adam&Drew months back, I highly recommend it. Adam was hilarious.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

The Adam Ray/Brad Williams appearance on Adam and Drew is an example of how good the main podcast could be without Bryan. I was cracking up the whole time because it was funny people just riffing for an hour. No news, movie reviews, or silly games, just straight up bullshitting. You put Adam with someone else who is quick on their feet and it's about as good as it gets. I get him being more active when there is no guest, but I really wish he'd put a kabash on talking when there is a good guest in studio.

And if you haven't guessed, the Adam Ray/Brad Williams episode is a must-listen. It's nice that Brad is such a good sport with all the jokes. The Christmas joke had me in tears.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Speaking of Bryan, he pissed Adam off just a little on today's show and got burned pretty hard, not just by Adam but also by a caller. "How's it worked out for you? How much money do I pay you?" :iceburn:

Also Bryan was an English major in school... why does that not surprise me at all.

It's about 37 minutes in.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Speaking of Bryan, he pissed Adam off just a little on today's show and got burned pretty hard, not just by Adam but also by a caller. "How's it worked out for you? How much money do I pay you?" :iceburn:

Also Bryan was an English major in school... why does that not surprise me at all.

It's about 37 minutes in.

Yeah that was pretty great. I like how Adam pointed out the obnoxious way he laughs at his own unfunny jokes while he's telling them.

stupid puma
Apr 25, 2005

Jesus, Adam was such a dick about it. I don't like Bryan, but goddamn that was ruthless. If you want to keep your employees happy, it's probably not a great idea to make fun of how much you pay them in front of 200,000 people.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

stupid puma posted:

Jesus, Adam was such a dick about it. I don't like Bryan, but goddamn that was ruthless. If you want to keep your employees happy, it's probably not a great idea to make fun of how much you pay them in front of 200,000 people.

I cannot wait to listen to this, it's the buffalo white ep right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

It's pretty harsh. Kind of surprised Adam doesn't go off on him more often considering how different their backgrounds are. Bryan always came across to me like the kind of person Adam can't stand.

Just want to say that the 1-on-1 interviews have been great. I really hope he mixes them in more often. Maybe make Friday's the 1-on-1 show. It only works with certain guests (which he's had), and when he gets them, it's golden.