Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
peckeroooOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

My favorite Dr. Drew fact was his persistence in believing that marijuana addiction, while rare, was 100% fatal if you attempted to cold turkey stop because you get depressed and kill yourself.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I liked when they made a Dr. DrewBot with his stock responses then used it on a few callers and it worked pretty well at keeping the calls going for a while. They tried making an AdamBot but his rants were too specific so it was just confusing.

Are you mormon?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
The relationship advice on Loveline was very good.

It was usually a variation on "maybe don't think 100% with your clit/dick and realize that everyone is a human being so communicate, dangit" but that's what young people need to hear.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

The relationship advice on Loveline was very good.

It was usually a variation on "maybe don't think 100% with your clit/dick and realize that everyone is a human being so communicate, dangit" but that's what young people need to hear.

That’s true. Also a lot of the advice they gave was just “get therapy” which is usually pretty solid too.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

Are you mormon?

No, I'm not a mormon.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Drunkboxer posted:

That’s true. Also a lot of the advice they gave was just “get therapy” which is usually pretty solid too.

Sometimes that "just" advice is what's needed.

Kinda like the number one medical question people ask on 'net is "should I see a doctor for this, or wait?" Sometimes knowing it's a symptom of something more serious is what you need to hear.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

little munchkin posted:

No, I'm not a mormon.

I was referencing the old Dr Drew drop from loveline

e: oh wait I’m the one not getting it

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Drunkboxer posted:

I was referencing the old Dr Drew drop from loveline

e: oh wait I’m the one not getting it

You're fat.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

You're a lesbian!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Remembering how my favorite hypocritical thing Adam did was how he'd tell everyone he was a comedy factory not a comedy warehouse, because most people were comedy warehouses just telling the same joke and saying the same things over and over again

get it on

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Medullah posted:

Remembering how my favorite hypocritical thing Adam did was how he'd tell everyone he was a comedy factory not a comedy warehouse, because most people were comedy warehouses just telling the same joke and saying the same things over and over again

get it on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_hMdvAl4b0

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
You’re overweight.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Medullah posted:

get it on

Reminds me of that recurring segment on the podcast where Adam would be given a random thing to rant about but he'd always find a way to turn whatever the topic was back into the same dozen or so rants he's been doing since the Loveline days.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

bartok posted:

Reminds me of that recurring segment on the podcast where Adam would be given a random thing to rant about but he'd always find a way to turn whatever the topic was back into the same dozen or so rants he's been doing since the Loveline days.

Oh yeah when I was still a fan I bought one of his audiobooks (ugh I know) as he promised that his narration would include off the cuff stories. Yup exactly same stories we already knew.

Does anyone remember him talking about not caring about video games as he tried buying a PlayStation and Medal of Honor: Pacific as he thought he’d be defending Pearl Harbor but he couldn’t figure out the controls so his sailor just kept dying in an oil fire belowdecks until he gave up?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

This cracked me up every time, especially when Adam would chime in disgusted by Drew.

Didn't Dr. Spaz turn into kind of a weirdo lugging around a laser that removed tattoos for people?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

JGdmn posted:

You’re overweight.

this one was so good because he sounded so disappointed

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Does anyone remember him talking about not caring about video games as he tried buying a PlayStation and Medal of Honor: Pacific as he thought he’d be defending Pearl Harbor but he couldn’t figure out the controls so his sailor just kept dying in an oil fire belowdecks until he gave up?

... No, actually. That's a new one to me.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.

Riptor posted:

this one was so good because he sounded so disappointed

I want to be dominated.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I think the are you a Mormon one had the best success rate.

I recently was reminded of the greatest bogus call in Loveline history and had to dig it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPzGHNimyo0

(there's a part two)

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

... No, actually. That's a new one to me.

If i remember right he literally couldnt figure out how to leave his crew quarters and just gave up. Like the part of the game that presumably has on the screen, “PRESS X TO GET OUT OF BED” was too much of an ask for the Ace man.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

apparently he was stuck on the first five minutes of this game for like three hours
(from here https://lovelinetapes.com/shows/2005-01-02-no-guest/)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt56jeP5icM

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Tweak posted:

If i remember right he literally couldnt figure out how to leave his crew quarters and just gave up. Like the part of the game that presumably has on the screen, “PRESS X TO GET OUT OF BED” was too much of an ask for the Ace man.

Yeah that’s the one. To be fair if he’d never played a 3D game before or held a controller trying to get out of a room before dying would be a challenge.

Kinda fun to remember funny moments from before the Troubles. When he had Bryan Cranston on (before he got huge) and Cranston had to leave to get a taxi to the airport but Adam got him to stay longer by promising to drive him. When they were wrapping up Cranston asked about his ride and Adam said “Aw that was just podcast talk…” (he still drove him)

I remember Fred Willard was lightning quick with improv, like Paul F Tompkins or Andy Daly good. Also Dana Gould appearances taught me to seek out his podcast.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Dana Gould doing Huell Howser was incredible every time.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
Do you like rollercoasters, motherfucker?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Grand Fromage posted:

I think the show was at it's best when it was a team show, Adam and Teresa had diametrically opposed viewpoints politically and it led to some genuinely good discussions. Brian was more than just the wacky sound guy, the chemistry between the 3 of them was really good. Guests had some of the same bits, but like Huell it was always different enough that it was enjoyable.

I started slowing down when Alison came on, and you could tell Adam was really just looking for a Yes Girl, so I think she was doomed from the start. The show became more about him ranting about the same old things and not really having any meaningful dialogue. Then I stopped listening when he hosed Alison over, that was the last straw. I knew I made the right decision when I saw how close he was getting to Dennis Prager and some of the things he was involved in.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

I liked the morning show the final year after they yeeted Danny. Last time I enjoyed the Aceman. Sad. Going to podcast let him get too far up his own rear end and it all went to hell.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012
Adam is definitely a poo poo show now but really enjoying the old bits getting posted here. We should turn this into the remember when adam was funny thread.

Enjoy this one where john popper plays along to paula abdul.

https://youtu.be/eReOBnMHlQA

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hyj0eI06FZE

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

The podcast could have its moments when he had good guests on, until the aceman completely turned himself into a comedy warehouse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DiGdqvLz_4

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCq2jpyOmUo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bETzxQWVbg

As a mental 12 year old this is still one of my favorite episodes.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Grand Fromage posted:

Oh for sure. He did a bit as Charlton Heston as the ship’s morale officer in Planet of the Apes that made me lose it. “Every person you’ve ever known is dead!”

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I had forgotten about "are you mormon?" and its incredible hit rate. Just the perfect combination of a random but not offensive question in a clean sound bite so everyone thought it was actually Drew. SO many people just casually answering and moving on without a second thought.

I just subscribe to this thread cause I want hot goss about the Ace Man without having to listen to the show myself.

:hai:

Medullah posted:

get it on

Makes the uncomfortable Jay Mohr appearance even better (although it was real dumb how he just did his bits and got upset when no one laughed).

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

There are a lot of Loveline best clip compilations on youtube, I've been laughing at them all day. Was such a good show.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
“To summarize, James is 21 and is having all kinds of sex with his dog… Drew and I are for it and the girls are against it and we welcome your remarks.”

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Look if I'm a dog getting that blowjob seems like a pretty good deal.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Human Tornada posted:

Look if I'm a dog getting that blowjob seems like a pretty good deal.

There is a movie directed by Bobcat Goldthwait that is about that called Sleeping Dog Lies.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

"I didn't go in on academic probation, I had to earn that."

Bodnoirbabe
Apr 30, 2007

If anyone is still a fan or Alison Rosen, or enjoyed her news segment from the Adam podcast, she has a new podcast called "Upworthy Weekly" which she cohosts. She's doing news bits, but they tend to have a more uplifting arc to them and it is associated with the news aggregate site Upworthy.com. Just an FYI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Thanks! I'll give it a look