Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Adam is an ignorant douche, but I would also argue he likely has gotten harsher because another one of his "fuckup buddies" is now in a legal battle with him. I could be totally wrong, but I would think something like that would generally sour you on the group of friends you've known for years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012

NewtGoongrich posted:

Which buddy is this? Also, Adam clearly hates the poor, so why does he even bother keeping his old friends?

He certainly wouldn't be friends with them if he met them now.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I'll frankly be shocked if Adam and Lynette never get a divorce.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

visuvius posted:

Oh yes they are definitely in the "non-troublemaker" category. Mostly because he feels that every Asian across the board focuses deeply on education and they all contribute positively to the tax base. I wonder how much he knows about the massive amounts of tax fraud that goes on with those liquor stores.

Most likely he'd envy and respect them for defying the tax system.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Chinook posted:

My god, Whitney Cummings has a huge chip on her shoulder. Having trouble getting through this one.

About the "dudes are funnier than chicks" thing or something else?

Beeez
May 28, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

They're like Walter White and Jesse.

This is a really good analogy.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, that's what I've been doing for a long time now. I have a morbid curiosity about how the show's going, but to quote that overused drop from his son, it's just a waste of my time. I think it's strange that such a stagnant podcast has more episodes released per week than a lot more creative and interesting ones do.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

It took me a while to piece it together but Alison reacting much harder to her dog's death than most people makes sense considering she's having difficulty conceiving on top of that.

Also, some people do really care about their pets. When one raises something from a tiny baby and then sees it mauled brutally, I imagine that would be something that sticks with the person.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Boinks posted:

Adams willingness to joke about race and religion is one of the biggest reasons I listen to him and I don't consider it racist.

People weren't this uptight 10 years ago, especially here.

Yeah, I think that aspect of the situation isn't all his fault. These days people are becoming more and more uptight and unwilling to deal with others who have opinions that don't mirror their own, in comedy these days you do see a lot of circlejerking over the same opinions. That being said, Adam is an ignorant idiot almost anytime he tries to make a real point, and he seems to be getting worse.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
That's what I was kind of saying, I think no topic should be inherently taboo for humor, but a lot of his actual points aren't very sound and the more he listens to people like Dennis Prager the worse he seems to get.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Yeah, I never understood why people were so vitriolic about Teresa, she's not someone who I'd ever listen to a solo podcast of but she was pretty good.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
GuyDudeBroMan is being sarcastic because he thinks a black guy associating with Adam proves Adam isn't racist at all.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I'll take "giant chips on people's shoulders unrelated to what was being discussed" for 400, Alex.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

No, Adam is racist because he treats black people the same way he treats white people. Adam doesnt understand that as Cis White Men, it is our burden to uplift the lesser privileged races. Treating black people like you treat white people is no different than treating mentally handicapped children as if they were the same as non-disabled children and demanding the same results from them. This is the main reason why Adam is racist and posters like Beez and myself are not.

See, you're transposing your issues with a bunch of other crap onto this topic when it's not relevant. I said nothing about "white cis men" or uplifting less privileged races, as a matter of fact no one in this thread except you and that WEH guy did. The fact that people go overboard with calling everything sexist or racist doesn't mean nothing is sexist or racist, and whether Adam's specifically racist or not he is an ignorant tool with a serious contempt for poor people. The fact that you can't let it go that anyone would think that and immediately assume every time racism comes up is a "SJW plot" just shows you're equally as sensitive as the people you think you're mocking.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
And Gerhardt Reinke's Wanderlust.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Just spoil it, dawg.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I don't know how much his bank account would take a hit if he did this, but I think Adam would be better off if he stopped doing so many podcasts a week. Just do one or two a week and it might make them seem more fresh and it'd feel less like a chore for him, perhaps. I still pay attention to this thread because Adam was one of the people who got me into listening to podcasts, but I stopped listening a while ago because it's really tough to keep up with that many podcasts a week when you're doing other things(and have other podcasts to listen to, besides).

Beeez
May 28, 2012
Well, I guess we know who Giovanni's gonna vote for too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Apoplexy posted:

Representative Richard Martin appeared on a TACS from, like, 2009 or so. One of my favorite episodes ever, he had his wife, Jazz, in with him (loving Maria Bamford!) as well.

Yeah, that was a great one.