Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
But guys! The swingin sounds of the dr drew podcast! Buy it! Buy it now! Let's talk about it for 10 minutes every podcast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

visuvius posted:

Yes during production he was constantly bitching about how far he had to drive to film at various houses. He was pretty much miserable about the whole experience it seemed.

I wish I could embed Anderson's drop of Adam going "waaaaah"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Red posted:

You know, it really would benefit from being an hour.

If they're going to show 2 back-to-back single episodes, why not do the full hour so it doesn't feel so rushed and over-edited?

because if they were to ever syndicate it it's much easier to syndicate half hour shows rather than hourlongs

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

visuvius posted:

Sorry for the Buzzfeed link but

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingiano/celebrity-graffiti-artist-david-choe-says-admission-of-rapey

I knew of him before and thought he was interesting on the podcast so I thought I'd listen to an episode of his own podcast. He was loving insufferable, incoherent and boring. That was post this rape thing and Asa Akira wasn't on it so maybe other episodes are different.

holy poo poo

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Irish Joe posted:

Okay, Adam's racist. Who gives a poo poo?

lol

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Dear Prudence posted:

What i know is this - shortly after Adam fired Alison, Larry Miller took his podcast off the carolla network. Jeff Fox, who'd worked with Adam for years and who Adam has publicly praised as one of the few people around him who has hit poo poo together, quit. He produced Larry's show and is now producing Alison's show. If people who Adam has stated are great and friends, etc are leaving and going other places, I don't think it's the people who are leaving/got canned who are crazy.

Those who have stayed are doing so because they're using Adam to further themselves and I'm certain they'll jump ship before long. Speaking of using Adam, has anyone listened to Chris Loximana's new pod cast? I think it's called Resume.

It's who you know

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Tony Montana posted:

Whoa, is this the bitter and pissy Carolla haters thread?

I just started listening and I'm enjoying it alot. It's pretty classic American humor, but he makes me laugh pretty consistently.

edit: reading this thread is incredible. He's the American the world loves to hate, full of himself and his country. Xenophobic and uneducated, made himself rich and now lecturing to people he pays to sit next to him and listen. He's smart and I find him funny, I like much of his commentary.. but he's just another loud-mouth Yank who's sure the solar system revolves around the US. I'd still like to drink some cocktails with him because I'm sure it would be fun.. but I don't think about it like listening to This American Life or The Skeptics Guide to the Universe.

if you're american you're a jingoistic rear end in a top hat and if you're not then you fetishize some of the worst aspects of american culture hth

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Grant DaNasty posted:

They announced some weeks back that Wednesday and Friday would be clean shows with no cussing to attract better advertisers.

loving lol

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

All you can eat [record scratch]

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Padma Lakshmi is the GOAT for Hot Ones. At one point she just starts taking swigs of the hot sauce

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Ratzinc posted:

Whatever happened to that huge collection of classic loveline? Did the unofficial AND official ones get taken down?

https://loveline.phil21.net

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Evil Agita posted:

She did give Adams phone number to Pang the cutco knife salesman

Pan Pan

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Niwrad posted:

Remember how he claimed Hillary was on the verge of death during the campaign? Or how he was taking money under the table from a drug manufacturer to promote their product on Loveline?

and how he was, for whatever reason, an expert on casey anthony

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

GANGELGON

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

WEH posted:

system of a down just put out a new track to draw attention to armenia getting hosed up by azerbaijan. i kinda wonder what adam and drew's takes are considering that their appearances on their show were a big platform for educating people about that genocide. in theory. that's where i learned about it anyway.

good opinions from adam and drew?

No! Cannot have!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Moniker posted:

Dr. Drew has Covid.

frankly, lol

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Does wellbutrin help with covid?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

something like 5 years ago Lynette went on some podcast from the Greater Carolla Podcast Universe (maybe with Allison Rosen at the time? I don't know, I think it was a woman who hosted the podcast, and someone who worked with Adam) and the whole thing was her very sadly/exasperatedly talking about how hard it is to deal with Adam and just sort of making excuses for all his behavior at the same time

Didn't seem great!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

WEH posted:

Feel real bad for the kids, but I was heartened by a post in the subreddit that pointed out that carolla will probably refuse to mediate at 40/60 and will probably take it to court and end up with 25/75

Typing that out now im wondering if that isnt some paternity rights bs oh well still hope it happens

oh my god can you imagine adam in court, having to hold his tongue

he'd be held in contempt so fuckin fast

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Bodnoirbabe posted:

the therapist remarked to Lynette "You know, I do this a lot with families, talk to the kids during divorce and all that, and your kids are the first kids that never asked 'Why?'"

lol

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

WEH posted:

Sonny aint been right since he bonked his noggin off a curb riding his bike without a helmet cos the ol aceman didnt see the point of one

the helmet? not a chair

also not a helmet

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

ray would fill his rear end with water from a hose then spray it everywhere. this was the foundation of their friendship

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

He's called superfan because everyone wants to see him get thrown into the spinning blades of a superpowered fan

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

bartok posted:

Alison Rosen was on Blocked Party if anyone is interested in a very funny very Canadian podcast about social media. The topic of Adam Carolla only comes up very briefly in passing if you're looking for dirt you aren't going to find any. She was a good fit as a guest and it was fun episode. Nice to hear Alison's voice because I don't listen to her podcasts and her leaving was one of the big reasons I quit listening to Adam Carolla.

She's a semi-frequent guest on Never Not Funny and she's absolutely wonderful anytime she makes an appearance there

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

peckeroooOOOO

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

JGdmn posted:

You’re overweight.

this one was so good because he sounded so disappointed

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

pzy posted:

The latest bit of fun: a $800k federal tax lien

a debt factory not a debt warehouse

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

If you got time to lien you got time to clien. :colbert:

this is it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Medullah posted:

Yup it was podcasting before podcasting. They started with just a few highlights and eventually uploaded the show. Man I do miss the Adam/Bryan/Teresa dynamic. Being rich hosed with him

This was, in fact, not before podcasting

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I think it's funny that there's still a show called We Hate Movies, which itself is a riff on the original title of Doug Loves Movies which was just "I Love Movies"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Firing factory, not a firing warehouse

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

WEH posted:

Mattress in lanes

motorcycle collided with a nuclear armament truck

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003