Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Just want to point out that the picture of the three main players proves just how unoriginal and lame Bryan is. I hate Bryan. Peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

ultraviolence123 posted:

Good grief, Bald Bryan has the worst taste in movies.

Do you watch the film vault? It serves to confirm this in spades. Also he is anti funny, like darkness is the absence of light. I really wish it was just Anderson and Logan. They're the only reason I keep listening.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
So, a while ago Dr Drew talked to Tan Mom on his podcast on the network and it was a terrible idea because the lady is insane. How insane?

She made a music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jRc3BMhE5c

During the interview you could just really tell that the entire thing was hosed from the start because she doesn't know how to talk to other human beings

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

beep by grandpa posted:

Besides people that get paid by Adam there's no one on this earth that enjoys any of the musical jingles that introduce segments right???

I actually tweeted a similar sentiment to Allison, as I thought her jingles had been forced upon her on her show, but apparently she's had hers since her Ustream show in New York. I do not get it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I get why people would find it demeaning that Adam calls Alison baby girl, but she has mentioned a couple of times that she actually gets a kick out of terms of endearment and she's done it when Adam's not around and not likely to hear back about it. So in this particular case, a lot of the cringe factor is gone.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
There's two, if I remember correctly, I think it's for Alison or something

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Just a quick PSA, everyone be vury careful around furral cats.

Anything that puts Alison into her trademark squeaking hysterics is my favorite thing

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

yesterday's with Fitzdog and Bruce, of course, I thought it was vurry obvious

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Hell yeah, Alison tweeted a picture of Larry Miller in the studio with them. Pretty stoked.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

SouthLAnd posted:

I'm listening to the Steve Austin episode and I'm pretty surprised at just how well he does his PSAs on the fly.

I'm pleasantly surprised by how affable and funny Wild's son is, maybe it's cuz I'm getting older but I always expect 13 year olds, especially boys, to be brooding and distracted dolts.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I sure wish somebody that Bryan respected sat him down and just told him

"Bro, you're really not that funny, the only reason you're getting to press buttons and giggle to yourself, make your lovely jokes, and write this boring rear end book of your life is because you got cancer while knowing Carolla. I hope you work on your lovely taste in movies, because from now on the Film Vault is going to be your sole source of income. See ya!"

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

visuvius posted:

No, i'm pretty sure they don't. Its just a handful of dudes here who have an insane hatred of him that I've also never really understood. I'm kind of impartial on him -- most of his chiming in isn't offensively bad and occasionally he has a genuinely funny comment or joke. He gets tons of cheers and at all the live shows but then everything gets tons of cheers at the live shows.

I should qualify by stating that I also listen to the film vault and a whole bunch of ancillary media that kind of fleshes out how terrible he is. He's unfortunately a part of a lot of stuff that I listen to.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

ChaosMonkey posted:

That sums it up nicely.

I'm so loving happy for Steve-O. Does that sound stupid? I don't even know the guy.

There are far stupider things than being happy that a fellow human being is doing better and seems to have escaped dying of addiction.

It would be far stupider to call someone out for caring.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Hi my name is Adam Carolla and every time I get a comedian that had a funny bit, I bring them on and make them do that bit over and over and over, running it into the ground and then proceeding to dig a hole with my ignorant views on race and the economy so that I can then toss that comedian's bit that I've beat to death into said hole, and then fill it in with live reads.

GET IT ON

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

stupid puma posted:

Jesus, Adam was such a dick about it. I don't like Bryan, but goddamn that was ruthless. If you want to keep your employees happy, it's probably not a great idea to make fun of how much you pay them in front of 200,000 people.

I cannot wait to listen to this, it's the buffalo white ep right?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
What? I could have sworn he's seen Breaking Bad, he keeps talking bout what a good show it is. Really? Jesus, I know it's been said, but the man has a complete lack of self-awareness. Where does he say the thing about hosts not knowing guest's work and when does he say he hasn't seen it? I want to write about this.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I remember reading an awesome joke on twitter that went something like "I don't want to sound racist but all the women on the cover of O magazine look the same"

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JGdmn posted:

Can you(or someone) give a short synopsis?

Jon was on one of Pete's live shows and Pete brought up the fact that Jon and Pete had auditioned for ETrade baby, which was a huge, huge get as it was a national commercial. Pete made light of the fact that he got it and not Jon, and Jon got pissed that Pete would bring it up, because he still wasn't really happy about missing that role. Jon seemed to think something was up with the selection process, or he just was sore about it in general.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
It is equally likely that Adam is just so cynical that he knows he can just do the same poo poo over and over again and the retards who make up a big part of his listenership will gobble it up every time.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
I'm definitely gonna read Bryan's book. I want to find out how he managed to get as far as he has while being completely mediocre at everything he ever does...at best.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Veskit posted:

You forgot being a tivo triva loving warlock.

end up watchin a lot of movies in chemo

I just remembered when Bryan was still recovering. He was a lot more likeable when he couldn't talk right.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JGdmn posted:

Congrats, you're being screen captured by the After Disaster's Twitter account.

Hahahaha, I didn't know there was more than one AD fan in SA, the thing is so ramshackle. I did the screencap and sent it to them and they RTd it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

JGdmn posted:

It's probably the podcast I look forward to the most. And I love Carano.

I like Mike too, but he is like the world's most effective unintentional troll. It's like he's purpose built to find the quickest way to squander his talent or an awesome opportunity. Also he's a huge narcissist.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Ribsauce posted:

They pick the score of every game for the week, but it is like the news back when the Stern show was awesome, ie they say "Ravens vs Eagles, the line is Ravens by 6" and sometimes they discuss the game/line and sometimes it goes off the rails. I love it myself, but I love the NFL.

Lorenzo Neal is an awesome guest two. Two of my favorite Ace on the House episodes have had him. He is where I am working my way up to, a multi property landlord and house flipper, and he is down to Earth and a funny dude. I wish he would be on the house show more often.

The other thing I like about Ace on the House is when they talk about the importance of doing poo poo yourself, which I strongly believe in. I can't remember his name, but they had the Fine Woodworking editor come in and they talked about taking shop class out of school and how no one cares. It is bullshit. I care. I still have a cedar mug I made in woodworking class and I am proud of that drat thing to this day. I have it on my desk and people ask what it is and I say, with pride, "I made this myself by hand in 10th grade" and they always saw "that is awesome." I could type 1,000 words about this, but when Ace is right he is right, and he is absolutely right about this.

I agree completely, I went all AP track which precluded me taking any kind of shop class and now I'm useless at anything requiring tools. It sucks and I hate it and I wish there was a way to have Ron Swanson teach me how to be a man.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

beep by grandpa posted:

I wanna throw Uhh Yeah Dude in the mix in pro as gently caress podcasts. The Uhh Yeah Dawg thread is one of 3 or so threads in all of SA history where every single post-- and I mean every single post is positive and praises the show/latest ep. There is no negativity in there at all. Not that that's an indictment on this thread and its posters, just that that is the level of quality the podcast brings to its listeners every week (since 2006).

Uhh Yeah Doug thread

It's nothing at all like this show, so dip in if you feel like abandoning the concept of the ACS entirely

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
why the heck did he move?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
At this point I only keep this thread bookmarked in case something crazy happens, there is no other reason to listen to his podcast, it's like watching your grandpa disappear into Alzheimer's

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
So adam makes another quick cash-in book rehashing the material he beats to death on the daily? Yeah,shhhhhhhhhhocking

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
How the mighty have fallen, mattress on the 405.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Wait Adam Carolla did ads for Fleshlight?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Holy poo poo, I just finished the episode where Adam explains why Alison got fired. Jesus Christ goons, you guys are insane maniacs with your theories. Where the gently caress did you even come up with this poo poo?

"Adam most likely sexually assaulted Allison and then fired her as a preemptive strategy to help him in the event of a lawsuit, so that he can claim she is just mad at being fired and made the whole thing up"

Hahaha, that is right up there with the goon theory of:

"The recoil from Zimmermans shot made his hands fly backwards, hitting himself in his face, and breaking his own nose in the process"

How the gently caress do you guys come up with this poo poo? I mean coming up with these theories is bad enough, but when several posters quote it going "yeah, this sounds pretty reasonable". Holy Jesus. :psyduck:

who the hell said it was a sexual assault?

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Contrived bullshit + one probably fake post + Irish Joe

Good job, you managed to grab a couple of people who are either retarded or fake posting and Irish Joe, a person you should already have on your ignore list. I'm convinced. And 3-4 pages back is a while ago, in real time. That's because people have steadily lost interest in this podcast and have become increasingly cynical, which leads a few outliers to think weird stuff.

Good callout, GuyDudeBroMan, let's fist bump it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

GuyDudeBroMan posted:

Oh come one, there were only about 8 or 9 people total posting theories in this slow moving thread and I found no less than 5 examples of groan worthy "goons r dumb" posts. That is a a pretty high success rate. My original statement of "goons are silly and over reacted to this" appears to be true. At least based on what was posted in this small thread anyways.

But to be fair, the dumb theories weren't confined to just goons. This poo poo was all over twitter too. Goons are not the only ones who freaked out and concocted elaborate conspiracies in their heads. A lot of people did that. It's just funny to go back in time and revisit some of these theories now that we know the truth. I thought it was funny to see how far everyone missed the mark, especially those who "quit the show over it". This isn't funny to you? Why so defensive? You weren't even in the list of dumb theories quotes.

Because you overreacted to an alleged overreaction over a month after it stopped being relevant even if you were totally on point, which I believe you are not.

(1): Irish Joe: discount immediately

(2): A person's saying that disagreements caused the firing, with an addendum that Adam having an affair with ANYONE would not be surprising, considering how much he's drinking and how much he's on the road. Not really a wild theory for that to happen to anybody, not just Adam.

(3): Another person who cited disagreements with no mention of an affair.

(4): Again, citing disagreements, not affair

(5): This could easily be a fakepost or sarcastic. If not, you have someone with another theory that it was disagreements, not affair.

If I seem defensive, it's defensive of anybody trying to make a point with such a shaky basis for no apparent reason other than trying to call people out. I isolated affairs because that's the theory you singled out as crazy until people disagreed with you, likely forcing you to back paddle to broadening your definition of crazy theories.

This is already way more time than its worth, sorry about prolonging it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 6, 2015

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Dear Prudence posted:

What i know is this - shortly after Adam fired Alison, Larry Miller took his podcast off the carolla network. Jeff Fox, who'd worked with Adam for years and who Adam has publicly praised as one of the few people around him who has hit poo poo together, quit. He produced Larry's show and is now producing Alison's show. If people who Adam has stated are great and friends, etc are leaving and going other places, I don't think it's the people who are leaving/got canned who are crazy.

Those who have stayed are doing so because they're using Adam to further themselves and I'm certain they'll jump ship before long. Speaking of using Adam, has anyone listened to Chris Loximana's new pod cast? I think it's called Resume.

Hahaha holy poo poo, I thought you were kidding about Chris's podcast. He literally has a podcast called resume. Wow, such bravado.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Looks like someone missed Finger Poppin time

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Veskit posted:

No listen to it in its entirety it's worth it.

Ok, but you've really hyped this up so if it turns out to be bullshit I am going to call you a dumb bad taste baby

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Ok I just heard the episode. I wish I had read the helpful posts leading me to the good parts. But I get why you said it was worth listening to.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Rick posted:

I think one of the reasons Loveline was better was that Anderson is actually the perfect producer for him.

Shut up Anderson would you just push the loving buttons?!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Moniker posted:

In my opinion he's a secret supporter. He interviewed both Trump and Cruz on the podcast and gave them both softball questions. Trump is like the Adam Carolla of politics. He has all these silly ideas that anyone can disprove with one or two simple questions, but he ignores or avoids those questions so some people hang on every word he says.

The more I think about it, the more parallels I find between them...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
If I were to wager, I'd say he hates Hillary because he hates women, hates Bernie because he resents the poor, and hates his mother for both