Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Fitzdog is great because he will actually argue with Adam if he goes off on one of his political rants. It also helps that he is really funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

Red posted:

What does that say about Frank Caliendo? He said almost nothing. Even when prompted by Adam, he was pretty brief.

Didn't Frank Caliendo have a show in Vegas fail spectacularly? This is a city where Carrot Top routinely plays to sold out crowds and people still pay to see Rita Rudner.
Even on morning radio shows where the host very deliberately set comedians up so they can go into bits the guy flounders. The guy is talented impersonator he just needs to hire better writers or take some improv classes.

bartok
May 10, 2006

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Oh man yeah a Jim Jefferies podcast would have been a great fit. He just doesn't seem that motivated to expand the network that way. A perfect example of this is Jay Mohr's podcast, when Mohr first started it at one point he was very interested in doing it under Carolla's network, but Carolla's team (I think it was Mike) dragged his feet too long and Jay Mohr ended up just starting his own thing.

Jay Mohr had Jim Jeffries podcast as part of his network.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Is there some sort of mini-feud between Adam Carolla and Maria Bamford? On Bamford's episode of Comedy Bang Bang she makes a really awkward and unfunny joke about Carolla that insinuates that he was molested as a child. The joke kinda grinds the podcast to a halt until Scott Aukerman changes topics fairly quickly. I can't imagine Adam knows who Bamford is or that they would hang out in the same social circles outside of fellow Comedians of Comedy like Patton Oswalt and Brian Posehn being guest on Adam's show.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Remember the good old days when it was just a funny one on one interview show? Adam seemed to genuinely be interested in his guest and would tell anecdotes or run bits if they felt organic to how the conversation was going.

bartok
May 10, 2006

RightClickSaveAs posted:

What a weird way to start the show off too. Jim Jeffries is such a good guest though. I think for Carolla, every guest has to be like Jim Jeffries, or else it just goes into autopilot. But that's a pretty tall order to fill, the guy has awesome stories about everything.

A real shame that Jim Jeffries got too busy to continue podcasting because Talkin' poo poo with Jim and Eddie was pretty entertaining at times.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Really weird hearing Scott Aukerman do an ad for Adam Carolla's TV show on the latest Comedy Bang! Bang! I just kind of put the two shows at opposite ends of the podcast spectrum. That said I would love for Adam to be a guest on Comedy Bang! Bang!

bartok
May 10, 2006

Paul Kersey posted:

I know he's poo poo on Sting over the years, but I always thought Adam dug The Police?

I think he just hates a few of their songs. Adam's real hate is reserved for the Steve Miller Band.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Did he do a tasteful Maya Angelou impersonation?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Apparently Adam Carolla and Dennis Miller are teaming up for a new podcast called PO'd. Anyone brave enough to bite the bullet and give the show a listen to when it starts?

If this was pre 9/11 Dennis Miller circa his HBO talk show I would be genuinely excited.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Moniker posted:

I watched the Benson episode and I have to say that it was cringeworthy at best. I couldn't believe how awkward it was in all honesty. Then I saw comments about how it was one of the better episodes and I was just shocked. I almost couldn't watch it. ahah. It felt so uncomfortable!

I loving can't stand Doug Benson but I did listen because I enjoy Adam as a guest on other peoples podcast, especially his appearance on Sklarbro Country and Mohr Stories, and I had to bail due to the cringe factor.

I can't believe how enjoyable of a guest Doug Benson is on Comedy Bang Bang and just how loving awful he is doing anything else.

bartok
May 10, 2006

My favorite is how Adam would talk about how great at improv he is because he could rant on anything. I bought in to it until you realize he has like a dozen rants that he can segue into from any topic.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Meatwave posted:

They should pepper the show with sex and relationship questions from dumb teenagers posting to Yahoo Answers. Maybe have guests do pre-recorded dramatic readings of the questions.

Adam should get his two brothers to help him answer these questions.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Red posted:

To be fair, scores of dumb people have testified in front of Congress. The weird thing is, so many people treat it as an accomplishment, but it's really not.

I'm going to assume it wasn't memorable like Mister Rogers or Frank Zappa.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Adam Carolla now teaches a podcasting class. Maybe Adam offers good advice like how to dick over your friends for fun and profit but this strikes me as a waste of money like stand-up comedy classes or Trump University. https://www.carollaclass.com/

So I assume most of us tuned out a long time ago and just check this thread periodically. What was the final straw for all of you? I sorta checked out when the show switched formats from a one-on-one interviews to a recreation of his morning radio show. I would still occasionally listen if Adam had a guest I liked. I fully checked out when he started hanging out with Dennis "Corrective Rape" Prager.

bartok
May 10, 2006

WEH posted:

tbf i've been expecting adam to have a spectacular flameout since like..........2012. the man's a cockroach

I thought so too but apparently he just made a hard right and has been aligning himself with guys like Dennis Prager and Dennis Miller. I don't know if he has aligned himself with anymore of those types of assholes because I quit listening right before he fired Alison. Though I did get a good laugh when his stupid crowdfunded movie "No Safe Spaces" popped up on Your Kickstarter Sucks.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Niwrad posted:

Some of Adam's old rants were great. The right turn on red is spot-on. Also the traffic and weather stuff on the radio.

I loved the Loveline lightning round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40FG2YWw1ow

bartok
May 10, 2006

I'm glad DAG has been having a bit of career resurgence since distancing himself from Adam Carolla. Dude was great on The Carmichael Show and he seems to be getting steady TV and movie work plus he's killing it on Broadway.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Stavros had a funny little anecdote about when he stopped listening to Adam Carolla on Cum Town this week.

bartok
May 10, 2006

UltraRed posted:

Have a time or episode?

It's episode 140 can't you the time stamp right now but it's only like 10 seconds long at most.

bartok
May 10, 2006

The way Dr. Drew exploited Jeff Conaway's addiction and death definitely soured me on the guy. Plus it never sat right with me how virulently anti-marijuana he is.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Apoplexy posted:

Jordan Uhl's tweet got unavailable'd. What was it?

A collection of clips of Dr. Drew saying coronavirus was no big deal well into March.

bartok
May 10, 2006

pangstrom posted:

What a weak rear end apology (and, not to be dramatic but what he did was bad enough that a even a good apology would be borderline moot). If you work in a hospital and and want Dr. Drew to show up to help, just put a camera in the corner.

and a fat check from GlaxoSmithKline to talk about how Wellbutrin can cure corona.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Going back and listening to old Lovelines, because Bryan from Street Fight Radio is covering the show this year during Shocktober. I hate to say it but I think Loveline has aged extremely poorly. Maybe it's a case of 20/20 hindsight plus no longer being a teenager, but Adam kinda always had lovely opinions and Drew has pretty much always sucked.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Groovelord Neato posted:

Even if the podcast isn't making poo poo he's certainly getting some reactionary millionaire/billionaire money now that he's pals with Prager.

Prager is why I quit listening. I had taken a several month hiatus because I wasn't able to keep up with his show and listen to other podcasts I had found and enjoyed much better. When I decided to give Adam another chance within in the first 15 minutes he is talking about filling in for Dennis Miller on his radio show and plugging a live tour he was doing with Prager. I stopped the podcast and unsubscribed after that.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Realized that of the first three podcast I got into, two of them pivoted hard right. ACS is more Fox News right but last time I checked up on Redbar Radio, Mike David had gone full alt-right. Anyone else used to listen to Redbar? I stopped listening after former co-host James Fritz got a bunch of Chicago comedians together and they put out a podcast on what a piece of poo poo Mike David was.
Thank God the Uhh Yeah Dude guys still seem pretty cool though sadly I don't listen as frequently as I used to.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Tweak posted:

seems like you should know how to spell his name if you want him to be president so badly

Someone doesn't listen to the #1 Anarcho-comedy show on any station across the nation.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Lake of Methane posted:

No, I suppose you probably wouldn't break-out the good china for a jerkoff derby.

We need an expression for people who, after they achieve a certain elevated status, just squander all their political capital and turn into garbage. Carolla, Giuliani, The Simpsons, that Dilbert guy ... do women have a better instinct or am I being too kind to Diane Feinstein?

Janeane Garafalo squandered her good will by defending Louis CK. Sarah Silverman tried the centrist thing when Trump was elected. Gina Carano is killing any chance of her character being is Season 3 of the Mandalorian by posting anti-mask and anti-vax poo poo. Those are just off the top of my head.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I know Adam had that movie I never saw Road Hard where he played a stand-up but is Adam a real comedian? I always considered him more of a comedic personality than a comedian. Like I know being a comedian isn't just stand-up and he has some improv training but just never thought of him as one. Even when I was a fan I couldn't imagine going to the Cincinnati Chuckle Hut and seeing him perform if it wasn't just a live version of his podcast. It's all pedantic and doesn't change the fact that he's a huge piece of poo poo who is friends with Dennis "Spousal Rape" Prager.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Alison Rosen was on Blocked Party if anyone is interested in a very funny very Canadian podcast about social media. The topic of Adam Carolla only comes up very briefly in passing if you're looking for dirt you aren't going to find any. She was a good fit as a guest and it was fun episode. Nice to hear Alison's voice because I don't listen to her podcasts and her leaving was one of the big reasons I quit listening to Adam Carolla.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Medullah posted:

Remembering how my favorite hypocritical thing Adam did was how he'd tell everyone he was a comedy factory not a comedy warehouse, because most people were comedy warehouses just telling the same joke and saying the same things over and over again

get it on

Reminds me of that recurring segment on the podcast where Adam would be given a random thing to rant about but he'd always find a way to turn whatever the topic was back into the same dozen or so rants he's been doing since the Loveline days.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Human Tornada posted:

Look if I'm a dog getting that blowjob seems like a pretty good deal.

There is a movie directed by Bobcat Goldthwait that is about that called Sleeping Dog Lies.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Didn't listen but apparently TJ Miller was on Adam Carolla claiming the reason he quit the show Silicon Valley is because it was too political. I don't know if this was the same interview or another recent one but he also claims the reason he won't be in Deadpool 3 is because Ryan Reynolds hates him. I assume he didn't bring up that he was accused of a horrific sexual assault, attacked an Uber driver, called in a fake bomb threat, and was fired from Silicon Valley for being an absolute terror behind the scenes.

bartok
May 10, 2006

DangerDummy! posted:

I love Art Bell, but I am very glad he checked out when he did. He was already a Trump lover during his Midnight in the Desert run. I honestly think it would break my heart to hear him during the last few years.

How bad is Coast to Coast AM with that poo poo now? I miss when conspiracy theories were fun.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Moniker posted:

A step in the right direction, I guess. He fired them over the phone. Still gave them zero notice. Any reasonable person would be like "hey in the coming year I do plan on moving and there will not be a position for you." but not Adam.

Edit: I'm listening to the episode and he didn't even tell his own kids that their grandma died. Jesus christ Adam is truly mentally ill. Imagine not telling your kids that their grandparent died, days before grandpa shows up with his new girlfriend. Goodness gracious he's a loving lunatic.

Does Adam even like his kids?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Does Bald Bryan share Adam's politics or was he just there to get a paycheck? I stopped listening before Alison was fired back when Adam was still socially liberal but financially conservative like how must dumb comedians were before 2016. Still lovely that Bryan was fired even if he also pivoted hard right too. Come to think of it are there any friends besides Dr. Drew that Adam hasn't alienated yet?

bartok
May 10, 2006

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot about the shithead diaspora in Austin like Alex Jones.

Didn't Joe Rogan move to Austin too? All these right wing podcasters should form their own little city like Gibsontown, Florida where all the carnies live.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Grand Fromage posted:

He's on Fox News all the time too. Drew's fall makes me sadder, Adam was always a dumbass he just used to be funny. Drew I respected and got me through some things as a teen.

I didn't turn on Drew until his VH1 show Celebrity Rehab. Just one of the most disgusting and exploitative reality shows to ever exist.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Apparently Dr. Drew and A.J. Benza are at the center of the Jamie Foxx had a stroke because of the vaccine bullshit. If you don't remember A.J. Benza he used to host one of those sleazy tabloid shows on E! but most famously once punched "Stuttering John" in the face during an appearance on Howard Stern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1668996824907100161?s=20