Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Not sure how valid this is, I'm guessing it's as legit as a "gluten allergy" but I like to give my cat one protein. He doesn't care what it is, wet is just crack for him. Some people report that their cats have developed allergies to certain proteins so out of an abundance of caution, I'd keep a few types of wet food untried just in the event that happens.

I don't feed 2 wet cans of seafood meal a day though, just a quarter as a treat at night with free-fed kibble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Is your puppy on a prescription diet? I'm not certain why the vet is citing an arthritis/joint supplement.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I found someone at the dog park who had a rescued GSD who looked mini because the foster found a vet who neutered him at 5 weeks (not sure if it was with or without the rescue's blessing). There are bad vets. Given that, there are goons who will advocate exactly that regarding food.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

With that FDA thing, for bassets, do you think it's worthwhile to swap from Acana to Costo, lamb or chicken & rice?

/e- yep I'm dropping them.

Submarine Sandpaper fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Sep 13, 2018

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I did the grain free thing because of a correlation with higher protein content. Dog's don't really care about grain tbh

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

amotea dogs evolved to eat our literal poo poo, not what wolves eat hth

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

my dog had bad stool with blue buffalo. common goon experience iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Craptacular! posted:

I am trying to guide my Mom through her financial difficulties, but I can't stop her from spending $45 a week buying Wellness cat food from Amazon to feed two cats. She's apparently heard from some hippies about how dangerous carrageenan is, though from what I can see these seem to be the same people who think my cell phone is killing my brain. I feel like I could lower her cat food bills by a third if I get pry her off this crusade. Is this insane?

does she have like 8 cats? That should be enough for a month from costco or wherever. Seems like you just have a mom problem.