Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
I've read/heard a few different things about puppy food. Is it really necessary or can I feed my 9 week-old Cane Corso adult food? I have Taste of the Wild High Prairie for our adult dog, will that give little baby Scuda everything she needs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

wtftastic posted:

You need food that is either specifically described as "for all life stages" or for puppies. A maintainence diet is not formulated for puppies and can be lacking in nutrients that they need.

It says for all life stages so I guess I'm good. Thanks.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

HelloSailorSign posted:

And finally, some that feel their dog or cat should also be vegan.

:catstare:

:staredog:

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
Is olive oil actually good for dogs' skin?

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW
My Cane Corso puppy is 28 pounds at 2 and a half months. She's grown 10 pounds in just the past three weeks since I took her home. She's full of energy and has a great personality and temperament. I'm pretty sure I'm feeding her right, but the cups per day guidelines I was able to find on Google are all for adult dogs, as is the guidelines on the Taste of the Wild bag. Am I supposed to use her predicted adult weight as the guideline, or her current weight? I'm feeding her 3-4 cups a day twice a day right now.