Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Pollyanna posted:

What’s the new hotness for dry cat food? I never liked Science Diet and this just makes me want to switch, but the last recommended food I tried gave my cat dandruff and weird rashy patches.

Which food gave your cat issues?

I'm here because I'm looking to try a new premium dry cat food too.

I adopted an older adult cat (12ish) about 2 years ago. His previous diet was dry awful-grade food. He still strongly prefers dry food but I did at least get him on dry Wellness Core.

It transformed him from a scabby, itchy, greasy, mangy-looking skinny thing into a fluffy, proudly handsome cat with healthy weight. He still eats it fine and seems to prefer the poultry flavors.

But I've noticed that occasionally a piece of food will get in the water bowl and it doesn't really seem to dissolve. It just sits there in the water like a stone. He does have occasional hairballs (maybe 1-2 a month) and when food comes up with them, the food always looks like it just came out of the bag.

Even though the Wellness Core has done wonders for his coat, I've been wondering if I should switch him to something more easily digestible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU