Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

LoreOfSerpents posted:

Gar or anyone else who feeds Wellness Core (or any Wellness, I guess), does the consistency often change radically? I picked it up because HelloSailorSign spoke highly of it, but the latest batch has been mushy as hell. Looking around online, this seems to be a common problem that people are reporting with the new batches, but Wellness doesn't seem to be responding to it very well. :(

Exact same problem here, and my cat even started vomiting it back up. I returned the rest of my shipment to Amazon and put him back on Wellness Indoor dry for the time being (with lots of water added to the kibble each meal to compensate for lack of moisture). I know it's not as "good" as the canned food but frankly, every time I've tried to switch my cat to premium canned food, I've run into issues like these that ended with GI issues which went away entirely once he went back to good dry food. I think canned food is more sensitive to environmental conditions in the shipping process, and gets cooked in the high summer heat to the point that it's all ruined by the time you get it into your house. That's what seemed like the problem was to me, but if others are reporting the same thing, it could be something on Wellness's end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Metal is better (i.e. stainless steel) since plastic can apparently cause acne for some cats.

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

Niemat posted:

Does anyone order their cat food off amazon? If so, are you happy with doing it that way?

Our closest local pet food shop stopped selling Solid Gold Indigo Moon last week (which we switched from because they stopped selling Orijen a few months ago), and I'm getting frustrated. I could drive 40 mins each way to get the food, but that seems excessive to me... I'll certainly do it if that's the best option I have, but I thought I'd explore other avenues first. :)

Edit: the place we used to get it said they're unwilling to special order it, as well.

I've always ordered all my cat food on Amazon and never had issues with the delivery service or cost. If anything, the slightly higher cost (and sometimes lower) is worth it just for the time savings of not having to drive to the busiest part of town to the only pet food store that carries decent brands.