Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Maybe she's cooling down her feets after burning all that rubber?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

hahahah the goat

number 1 snake fan
Jul 16, 2018

Thank you for the condolences, everyone. It never gets easier, does it?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

not really no. it is in fact a pretty high price to pay for the years of companionship they give you (still totally worth it, zero regrets)

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out

Majestic and ridiculous creatures

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

NomNomNom posted:

Majestic and ridiculous creatures

The dog does exactly the same thing in the second picture in his crate.

It must be genetic. :3:

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Sep 5, 2022

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I talked to the vet, Abby will finish her week on rimadyl+gabapentin, then we will see how she does without. Using gabapentin long term is not an issue (rimadyl is though).

I really feel like I'm in limbo. She's a lot better, but I don't feel she's totally out of the woods either. I will probably put those diapers to use overnight, moreso because of her habit of instinctively peeing when I help her out of bed in the morning.

Drunk Beekeeper
Jan 13, 2007

Is this deception?
Jody had a needle biopsy this week. No cancerous cells found :toot:

The vet thinks her pain is actually in the scapula a ways above her bone growth. There is also matching growth on the other front leg and he attributed both to calcification/racing injury damage.

We are sending her X-rays to a board certified radiologist for a second clarification but we feel pretty good about it. They sent us home with steroids to help her muscle heal.

Here is a photo of her on the way home from the vet, all drugged out from the sedation. Notice the legs going all different directions and the exposed tongue:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

HANG IN THERE JODY!!!!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Brilliant news for Jody - that's great to hear! :woop:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Hooray! :sotw:

Katie scared me to death with a snorting fit earlier. I thought she was choking or something, but from what I read this is just something dogs do.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

david_a posted:

Hooray! :sotw:

Katie scared me to death with a snorting fit earlier. I thought she was choking or something, but from what I read this is just something dogs do.

Yeah, Tazo's always done that, ever since I adopted him years ago. Sometimes from snorting water while drinking, but also other times seemingly randomly now and again.

Speaking of which, here he is sitting up nicely on his favourite armchair, pulling his best Emperor Palpatine impersonation! :D

"Execute Order Sixty-Six"

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
lol

Tazo looks way too nice to be the Emperor though; that’s more like Gandalf or something (there has to be some character with a green hoodie but nothing is coming to mind).

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Major Isoor posted:

Yeah, Tazo's always done that, ever since I adopted him years ago. Sometimes from snorting water while drinking, but also other times seemingly randomly now and again.

Speaking of which, here he is sitting up nicely on his favourite armchair, pulling his best Emperor Palpatine impersonation! :D

"Execute Order Sixty-Six"

I love this photo! :neckbeard:

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
We've heard it called "reverse sneezing" and yes I almost gave Watson a heimlech when it first happened.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost

NomNomNom posted:

We've heard it called "reverse sneezing" and yes I almost gave Watson a heimlech when it first happened.

Same here with Spartacus, I'd never heard a dog do it before and thought he was dying.

Hooray for Jody!

david_a posted:

lol

Tazo looks way too nice to be the Emperor though; that’s more like Gandalf or something (there has to be some character with a green hoodie but nothing is coming to mind).

He looks like one of the hobbits in one of the cloaks from Galadriel

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Man, I'm just walking up with a knot in my stomach each morning. I just don't know what they day will bring with Abby. At least the last few days I was able to help her out of bed and she hadn't peed on anything - I'm being very restrictive with water, not allowing any for at least a few hours before bedtime.

I tried to put on one of the diapers that I had gotten when she first had dog dementia, but she was having none of it. It's annoying because you have to put her entire long tail through a hole in it, and she just starts whipping it around when you try to get started, haha.

She's still standing on the rug for a long time before lying down, and I'm still unsure what % of this is she wants to lie on my bed, and what percentage is it's difficult for her to lay down.

Actually as I type this she did lie down, but it's definitely a slow process for her to lower her butt!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

same feeling this morning :|

she's been doing great the last few days though, here's a very regal pic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
I think I'm beginning to notice a theme

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sparty :3:

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Hay guyz

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

hey gello what are you up to :3:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
Katie gets to try daycare tomorrow. I realized that in the ~4 months I’ve had her, we’ve been away from each other less than 8 hours(!). If all goes well, we’ll try daycare once a week to start with.

Also on Saturday is the first greyhound play date for my adoption group.

I’m a little nervous for both since Katie is a bit scared of other dogs. My adoption reps think she might be leash reactive, so hopefully she behaves differently off-leash.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Was looking up our Doggles and his sire was Last Outlaw, who sired 343 greyhounds. Anyone have a half brother or sister to our dog?

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=LAST%20OUTLAW&by=sire

e: His grandfather sired 8655 dogs. Holy poo poo.

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?sos=1&keyword=FLYING%20PENSKE&by=sire

bamhand fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 11, 2021

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Abby's sire had over 11k

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=DODGEM+BY+DESIGN&x=0&y=0&by=sire

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
How does that even work? That's like a litter a day every day. Even if you're breeding that often, it can't always be successful can it?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

bamhand posted:

How does that even work? That's like a litter a day every day. Even if you're breeding that often, it can't always be successful can it?

the miracles of freezing

Abby's foster mom sent me a bunch of pictures from when she took care of her! This one was on the adoption day!

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

:burger: Today is Mac's birthday! :burger:

Tennyson got the other half but he ate it in two bites so I didn't get as many pictures

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

hey gello what are you up to :3:

She became a squirrel-killer about half an hour after we took this photo.

Happy Birthday, Mac! How old is he now?

I'm always keen to keep in touch with Gello and Boudicca's fosters, but always worry that I spam them too much!

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Big Mac for a Big Mac :3:

So happy to see Mac and Tennyson and Gello and Abby and all the other hounds!

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
Meanwhile...

Resting snarl face

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

watson is a very handsome boy

NomNomNom
Jul 20, 2008
Please Work Out
Like seriously, this is the face he's making right now as he sleeps.

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

watson is a very handsome boy

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol (Abby in the middle)

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Radiation Cow posted:

Happy Birthday, Mac! How old is he now?

He's 6 now. His birthday is easy for me to remember since it's 5/10/15!

After dinner, with one of his favorite toys:

large hands
Jan 24, 2006
Got a new couch and chair, the former has apparently been designated as the new dog bed

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

large hands posted:

Got a new couch and chair, the former has apparently been designated as the new dog bed

Mr Tubbs has very good taste!

By the way, I ordered a new coat (like Taz's green one) for Opal, which arrived just in time for our coldest night yet. She wasn't too keen on it at first, but by the time morning came 'round, she figured out that it can be kinda beneficial to have! :D
Anyway, here she is doing what she does best - showing off:

Tazo has had a good time too, today. I've been off work due to being unwell, plus (as you can probably tell) he got to lick out the yogurt pot! If there's been one thing he's loved doing throughout his life, it's that, haha

.....Alsoooo I couldn't get the idea david_a and DarkHorse mentioned the other day out of my head, about Tazo in his coat looking like one of the hobbits. So here's a quick 'n' nasty photoshop of them in the shire, together! :D

(Taz was offscreen with the eagles the whole trilogy, naturally)

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom Vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Lmao perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radiation Cow
Oct 23, 2010

Taz and Opal have the best fashion sense in this thread