Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

dupersaurus posted:

Speaking of greyhounds as first dogs, are they really as good (small) apartment dogs as people advertise them to be? And how much time do they need someone to be around? Between work and extracurriculars my weekdays are somewhat irregular (although I usually do have some time at home between work and activities), and I'm not sure how fair that'd be to a dog.

Are whippets just greyhounds that have been hit by a shrink ray, or are there other differences to them?

My whippet was immensely more high-energy than my greyhound and pretty creative about destroying things when left unattended, though we got the grey as a 3-year-old rescue so I'm not sure that's entirely a breed difference. Chase was pretty low-maintenance and would sleep all day except when he was getting taken on a walk, or he saw a horse and went absolutely ballistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU