Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Threedee

"Hi. I'll do it too." she really doesn't like the idea that people might be chucking haywire grenades around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Repair Detail

When the cell approaches the group of hereteks and armsmen the largest one with the slave crushing servo arm puts his hands on a long gun hanging from a sling, barrel pointed down, while the one in the gas mask and with the servo harness puts his hand on a pistol at his waist, unclasping the holster. As soon as they do so ThreeDee's built in augur start to read an increase in radiation from the two hereteks. The one with the mask slowly approaches, his hand still resting on the holster, but his demeanor not communicating hostility. He speaks to the group, his voice now unaided by the laud hailer a more raspy and sinister, "You are correct of course. This method of elimination of the hostile obstacle is not ideal, but we must work with the resources available. Despite Vice-Captain Oliva hiring Osad's Raiders for security detail, they refuse to consider elimination of the threat as part of their security mandate. No other force on the ship is willing to assist. They would rather wallow in this shanty town than band together to effectuate repairs on the habitats."

The larger heretek with the large servo-arm comes up to join the conversation. Up close it is clear that this one's mass is just as due to cancerous growths as it is any other blessing of genetics. "Life has told me to be warry of those who are willing to work on credit; typically what they ask after the work is done is more than you're willing to pay." The masked heretek ignores him. "We will welcome your assistance in clearing out the Creature. Likely intelligence points to either a xenos-form, some sort of daemonic entity, or perhaps a very charismatic astartes. No proper description of the "creature" has been given. Only the evidence of its work. It typically slices it's prey to pieces, cleanly. It also has been able to effectuate some level of control over the slaves sent in to clear out the Creature. This leads to the theory of Tyranid Genestealer influence, or perhaps a Tzeentch or Slaaneshi Daemon. If you locate and eliminate the influence of this creature we will allow you choice of locations in the repaired hab-block. Are these acceptable terms?"

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Threedee

"Nice rad weapons.". Threedee looks at the others. "Acceptable to me, how about y'all?."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Polix Grimm

"Just the sort of payment I had in mind. I think we have a deal."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

"How good is my hab gonna be?"

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Selene Montecriste

The mere mention of something like a contract breaks Selene out of her daze, brought on by the alien environment and the description of a creature in the walls. She addresses the larger heretek, "Perhaps you would feel better if we got our little agreement in writing? No need to worry about us doing it on credit if there is a contract in place." Not waiting for a response, she whips out a data slate and begins typing furiously, creating a contract from one of her many templates.

I, the player, know nothing about contract law but I'm sure Selene does. Common Lore (Administratum)=47 perhaps?

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Amirah Kleins

Amirah inspected the cancerous growths with what seemed like polite enthusiasm. To her, at least.

"Not exactly the best time to get into real estate, it seems."

She allowed the rest of the team their show of negotiation, not much concerned with the pretense under which they were to receive their orders.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Repair Detail

With something resembling a deal in place, the hereteks bring the cell to the entrance to the Hab blocks. "It would appear based on previous repair details that the Creature is located in block H-8," the heretek in the gas mask wheezes out. "You can make your way there through Epsilon block, but it is currently depressurized. Without some sort of void suit, you will likely quickly expire. However, given that environmental status, you are likely to encounter little resistance. The other option is to go up through Hub H and into block H-8. That route is likely to have resistance. Be aware that it is more than our menial slaves with firearms who have fallen victim to the influence from this creature. Independent operators, as well as members of the criminal organization The Honed are also likely to be encountered."

Okay, anyone who doesn't need to breathe or has the proper gear, could try to sneak through E Block which should/might be safe. The group could try to acquire void suits. Or else heading straight in is the more combat focused method. A few quick notes about combat when it occurs, be it here soon or not:

1. I'm going to be using alternating method for taking turns, however, each side will choose one character to roll for initiative to determine which side goes first each combat. After that it keeps alternating. So I pick a mook and roll initiative, you pick on of yours to roll, and whichever side wins goes first. You still add in quick and the dead and other talents that impact initiative. If there is a surprise round situation, the surprise goes first, then roll initiative.
2. Critical wounds will not be done on what I consider mook level enemies. Same with dodge/parry. Keep in mind that enemies that may not have been mooks early on might become mooks later. I will Identify which enemies are mooks.
3. At my discretion, if you guys do some sort of status effect that hinders an enemy, such as fear, setting them on fire, etc where they likely are going to keep failing rolls, to make things quick I will do one of two things. First, I might just auto kill the enemy. Second, I might decide to make them, especially in the case of a boss, auto pass any test to remove the fear/fire/whatever. If I do so, I will give one temporary infamy point to whomever inflicted the status effect. This temporary point goes away after the battle, and will still be awarded if you are at max infamy. Think of it as my way of buying my way out. That way you guys can still like scare poo poo to death, but I can still give you some nice fights without every fight being the big bad cowering from fear.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Polix Grimm

"My suit's Osmotic Gill is intact, but I think ThreeDee and I are the only ones who wouldn't need to get gear for a voidwalk. I'm biased, but I think killing our way in would be faster. I have a quota to meet."

He examines his power blade with a faint smile, then frowns and glances up at the heretek who spoke. "Wait, one last question. Who are The Honed? You wouldn't bother mentioning them by name if they were just another bunch of autogun-wielding scum."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Threedee

"H'okay.". Threedee waits for elaboration on this newest pack of bullet soaks.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The masked heretek replies to Grimm's question, "The Honed are a group of Slaanesh aligned gangers that have claimed the old fighting arena, and most dens of vice, as their territory. They favor one-on-one combat and showing their strength in duels. We do not know why they were in the damaged hab block, but they have been seen."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Threedee

"Sounds fun. Anyone have any other questions before we earn ourselves some homesteading territory?"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

"Ok I'm going to openly start murdering and terrorizing people in Block H-8. See ya!" Chrome will make a beeline for The Honed. She's gonna take over that gang by killing off its leadership in murder duels, one by one.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Selene Montecriste

Selene takes the dataslate back and reviews it, a slight frown on her face. "Hm, this seems fine to me," she says as she tucks it back into its pocket. He looks to the others and listens as they present their preferred method of egress. Oh please, oh please let's go with the interior option. she thinks to herself as they deliberate. She had never left the comfort of her former planet before this assignment and had found the fact that only a relatively thin skin of metal was all that stood between her and the cold, infinite void. She grins as Chrome dashes off toward Hub H. "Well, I guess that settles that, eh?" she says, and takes off at a jog to follow, checking the seals and straps of her carapace armor and drawing her weapon.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Repair Detail

With the headstrong and reckless Chrome leading the way, the group blindly charges into the hab block, the hereteks sealing the door shut behind them. Things are dark, as the only source of lighting is the faint glow of the red emergency lighting, and given the fact it is a Chaos station, it is surprising someone put in the effort to have emergency lighting. The Hab blocks are the same thing repeated over and over again. Three story octagonal structures with hab rooms taking up the eight sides. The structures are very reminiscent of prison set up in the Panopticon style, just without a tower in the middle and without bars on the doors. Efficient, while also reminding your servant-slaves what their life essentially is.

Remnants of the former lives of the servants litter the large common spaces in the middle of the panopticon. Tables with abandoned card games and small food carts with food left to rot litter the first block they enter, and many of them are the same. After a few minutes the heretics find themselves in block H-1. The route to the H block hub is on the other side of the panopticon, and from there block H-8 and the Creature. However, as had been forewarned, this block is occupied. In the middle of the block, just sort of staring at each other, is about eight men and women in clothing that was once bright and garish. However the pinks and the purples have faded, and are hidden by dirt and grime. One of them turns to face the group, and her face is sunken in and hollow, her eyes recessed beyond a gaunt cheekbones. The others slowly turn and have similar haunted appearances.

Four of them draw curved knives and stub autos. Two of them draw heavy pistols in each hand. The last two draw long mono swords from their sides. A glint of light comes into their eyes as they begin to approach at various speeds.

Reminder on my combat rules:

1. I'm going to be using alternating method for taking turns, however, each side will choose one character to roll for initiative to determine which side goes first each combat. After that it keeps alternating. So I pick a mook and roll initiative, you pick on of yours to roll, and whichever side wins goes first. You still add in quick and the dead and other talents that impact initiative. If there is a surprise round situation, the surprise goes first, then roll initiative.
2. Critical wounds will not be done on what I consider mook level enemies. Same with dodge/parry. Keep in mind that enemies that may not have been mooks early on might become mooks later. I will Identify which enemies are mooks.
3. At my discretion, if you guys do some sort of status effect that hinders an enemy, such as fear, setting them on fire, etc where they likely are going to keep failing rolls, to make things quick I will do one of two things. First, I might just auto kill the enemy. Second, I might decide to make them, especially in the case of a boss, auto pass any test to remove the fear/fire/whatever. If I do so, I will give one temporary infamy point to whomever inflicted the status effect. This temporary point goes away after the battle, and will still be awarded if you are at max infamy. Think of it as my way of buying my way out. That way you guys can still like scare poo poo to death, but I can still give you some nice fights without every fight being the big bad cowering from fear.

Your enemies are eight Honed fighters, though their time in the thrall to the creature makes them shadows of their former selves. You are facing:
4 crazed Honed skirmishers- who are mooks.
2 crazed Honed Gunslingers
2 crazed Honed Duelists

The panopticon is about 100 meters wide. They are currently in the center 50 meters away. There are enough tables and stuff about every five meters to use as cover.

Their Initiative was 12. So figure out who rolls for your team for initiative, and then after that highest team goes first.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I think Threedee has the highest AB.

aaaand we're tied, exactly, at [12]
:psyduck:

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

I think Threedee has the highest AB.

aaaand we're tied, exactly, at [12]
:psyduck:

Tie will go to players. Someone post combat, and I'll respond and we'll go back and forth.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Polix Grimm

Finally, acceptable targets! Every cell in Polix's body is screaming for him to charge directly down the corridor, to close into melee combat as quickly as possible and claim Honed skulls for the Blood God. That was a good way to win favor, but a bad way to survive. Polix hadn't gotten this far by being suicidal, so he suppresses the urge and draws his bolter instead.

Mantling the nearest piece of cover, he snaps off a bolt from the hip before ducking behind an overturned table. His third arm reaches down and draws his power blade on its own; he starts at the sudden burst of sparks from his waist, thinking at first that he'd been shot. He regards his traitorous hand with unease. That was the problem with the Gifts of the Gods. Sometimes they were more interested in what the God wanted you to do.

Full Move forward 5m or as close as I can get while being in cover and Hip Shooting with my Bolter. Targeting a Skirmisher mook.

Bolter Attack vs 65 (45 + 10 Standard +10 Range): 21

Bolter Damage, Pen 4:13

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
51   45   50   40   42   25   30   30   21

Wounds: 14     IP: 4/4
Movement: 4/8/12/24
Armour: 7 All
Dodge:  60
SB: 7  TB: 4

Skills:

Athletics
Awareness
Dodge+20
Intimidate
Medicae
Parry
Stealth

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Blademaster
Catfall
Crippling Strikes
Double Team
Jaded
Heightened Senses (Sight, Sound) (Auto-Senses)
Hip Shooting
Lightning Attack
Marksman
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Sidearm
Swift Attack
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee, Ranged)

Traits/Mutations/Other

Dark Sight (Auto-Senses)
Brutal Charge (4)
Quick and the Dead
Unnatural Strength (+2)
Adroit (WS)

Multiple Limbs (3)
Mark of Khorne

Weapons:

QCC:          1d10+4 E || Pen 2 ||  15m || S/-/- ||  2/2  || Half || RDLS, Razor Sharp, Crippling (6)*
Bolter:       1d10+5 X || Pen 4 || 100m || S/3/- || 23/24 || Half || Tearing, Reliable (GC)
Bolt Pistol:  1d10+5 X || Pen 4 ||  30m || S/2/- ||  8/8  || Half || Tearing

Power Blade: 1d10+12 E || Pen 7 || Melee || Storm Field (pg 170), GC (+5 WS)
Power Mace:  1d10+13 E || Pen 4 || Melee || Power Field, Concussive (Two-Handed)

*Crippling (6) when it deals at least 1 Wound. If it connects (even to a Force Field) but fails to damage,
 counts as Shocking with a -20 penalty to the Toughness Test.

Wargear: 

Medikit
Light Power Armor
-+10 Strength
-Sustainable Power Source
-Osmotic Gill
-Auto-Senses (Immune to photon flash and stun grenades, Half Action Called Shots)
-Helmet Augmentations (Preysense, Rebreather, Photovisor, Vox-Caster, Micro-Bead)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Repair Detail

As the ragged Honed start making their way, Polix wastes no time, bringing his bolter up to bear. While he'd rather tear them apart in melee, the bolter does well enough to tear, and the skirmisher's arm explodes as the bolter round impacts his shoulder. The detonation of the bolt round causes the pistol ammo the Honed is carrying to cook off, making their body disappear in a secondary explosion.

The Honed skirmisher nearby glares at Polix and rushes at near supernatural speed and is on the Khornate in an instant, knife and pistol threatening the bolter.

Reminder on my combat rules:

Polix insta-gibs the skirmisher. However, they have sprint and decent agility, so using the sprint ability to double movement speed they quickly close the gap. Standard negatives to hit via ranged apply for running, as does shooting into melee without target selection.

Player up.

3 crazed Honed skirmishers- who are mooks.
2 crazed Honed Duelists

Who has gone:

Polix- 5m from center
1 honed in melee combat with Polix

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Threedee

Three-dee had all her weapons out seeing as this was hostile territory. Moving into cover behind the sturdiest piece of nearby detritus, she puts starstuff and bolts downrange but nothing connects. The emergency vents on the plasma pistol beep angrily and fire a wave of heated gas out the front. Her tentacle rear end-gun is equally useless. Not the most auspicious of starts.

Half move into cover. Plasma and bolt pistols whiff, even with a reroll on the first (That would've overheated if this wasn't best quality)

Spending a reaction to suppress the biggest number of them I can with regular semiauto laspistol shots, nothing hits there either.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Aug 31, 2019

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

Chrome smiles as she flings super powered doom bolts at all gathered. She blinks out of existence immediately after unleashing her hate.

DOOOOOOOOMBOLT vs 70 (psy focus assumed): 1d100 2

Psychic phenomena MAX PUSH: 1d100+25 80

IP for psy phenomena, if allowed: 1d100+25 83

Perils of the warp: 1d100 38

Doombolts out to 200m, pen 8: 8#1d10+10 12 13 16 11 12 16 12 17

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Repair Detail

Three-Dee moves forward, but her bark, and pistol retort, is worse than her bite, and her shots splash harmlessly around the Hab block. One of the skirmishers hesitates when the las pistol comes too close, and that hesitation delays her just long enough for Chrome to let loose a bevy of twisted psybolts at the skirmisher. She disappears in agonizing warp fire, but so does Chrome, blinking out of existence before the first doombolt hits its mark.

The last skirmisher rushes forward and just like his colleague tied up Polix, this one ties up Three-Dee. At the same time one of the gunslingers slides forward behind a table and fires her pistols right at Three Dee. Three Dee somehow manages to dodge one of the heavy slugs, but the other one punches right through the cover, her armor, and into her augmented body. They certainly must have been using heavy loads.

Skirmisher nuked. Chrome out of time for seven rounds and gains 4 corruption. One of the skirmishers moves up into position on Three Dee after she fires, and then a gunslinger comes up and shoots Three Dee. They have hip shooting, all the two weapon wielder talents and target selection. Both attacks hit, I auto used your last reaction to dodge one hit. The other one just punches right through cover and some of your armor, and raw damage overcame the rest. You took five wounds.

Player up.

2 crazed Honed skirmishers- who are mooks.
2 crazed Honed Duelists

Who has gone:

Polix- 45m from center
3D- 45 meters from center 13/18 wounds
Chrome-Blinked out for 7 rounds, gains 4 corruption.

1 Skirmisher in melee combat with Polix
1 Skirmisher in melee with 3D.
1 Gunslinger 10 meters from center in cover.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Selene Montecriste

Selene ducks behind what she hopes is a sturdy assortment of junk. She realizes a bit too late that it reeks of human, and nonhuman, waste. Pushing aside the smell, she raises the caster and fires a dart at one of the shooters. She curses as the small crystal flies past the cultist and shatters against the far wall.

Moved into cover and firing single shot at the gunslinger.
TN: 50+10(single)=60. Roll: 87

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
25     50     22    30    40     47      30      40     60

Wounds: 10/10      IP: 3/3
Armour: 6

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Reload  Special
Q’sal Caster     15m     S     1d10+4E    5    Full Razor Sharp, Crippling(6)               
Laspistol	  30m    S/2/-  1d10+2E    0    Half    Reliable

Notable Abilities:
- Marksman
- Step Aside

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Repair Detail

A flurry of movement and gunfire erupts as Selene and the other gunslinger move up and fire. The gunslinger tries to shoot Polix while he's bogged down with the skirmisher, but he fails to land a hit.

Other gunslinger moves up and tries to hip shoot Polix, but misses.

Player up. I think Jolinaxas is the last to go. Once he does, the last to duelists will go and then it will be top of the round.

2 crazed Honed Duelists

Who has gone:

Polix- 45m from center
3D- 45 meters from center 16/18 wounds
Chrome-Blinked out for 7 rounds, gains 4 corruption.
Selene-45m from center

2 Gunslinger 10 meters from center in cover.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution

Amirah Kleins

Amirah glanced at the condition of the decrepit gangers before casually striding towards an overturned ferrocrete bench to crouch behind.

"Running" 9m to the closest cover she can reach. Strange walk for ya.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Repair Detail

Amirah slinks forward, making her way past her comrades and out into the open. Both of the sword-wielding "duelists" quickly move forward, sliding behind benches and turned over stalls near-by the gunslingers, and immediately duck out of view.

Last player was up. That left both duelists. They full round run into cover right near to the gunslingers and fully duck behind cover. They can't really see anyone and can't be seen. You know they're behind there and can try to shoot through the cover or flank it.

Player up.

2 crazed Honed Duelists

Who has gone:

Polix- 45m from center (in cover)
3D- 45 meters from center (in cover) 16/18 wounds
Chrome-Blinked out for 6 rounds, gains 4 corruption.
Selene-45m from center(In cover)
Amirah- 41 M from center (1 m from cover)

2 Duelists 10 meters from center fully in cover.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Polix Grimm

The Honed was fast, but he was dealing with a chosen of Khorne. Polix rises from cover, sidesteps around the overeager charge, and lops off an outstretched hand as he passes. Before the man can even take another step, Polix reaches back and jams the power blade between his clavicle and collarbone. Wrong side to hit the heart, but it didn't matter with a weapon like this. The shock had probably killed him on the first swing.

Simultaneously, Polix draws his pistol in his free hand and attempts to fire at a gunslinger, but he fails to consider the momentum of the sprinting corpse caught on his knife. Inertia drags him back half a step and sends his bolt ricocheting into the ductwork. He extracts his knife and jumps back into cover before the enemy can respond. "One," he mutters, and gives the smoldering corpse a nod of gratitude.

Quick Drawing my Bolt Pistol. Aim at the Skirmisher in melee and then Two-Weapon Fighting with the power blade and bolt pistol. If I kill the Skirmisher I'll shoot the pistol at one of the gunslingers.

Power Blade vs 66(51 +10 Aim +5 GC +0 Swift Attack): 51 , 3 DoS with Adroit for two hits. Actually more because I forgot he sprinted, but as you're about to see I don't need more damage dice.

Power Blade Damage (Pen 7): 22 18, and I'm not going to bother rolling that Zealous Hatred because I'm guessing that a 22 alone vaporizes a mook.

Bolt Pistol vs 55 (45 +10 Standard Attack): 92

pre:
WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
51   45   50   40   42   25   30   30   21

Wounds: 14     IP: 4/4
Movement: 4/8/12/24
Armour: 7 All
Dodge:  60
SB: 7  TB: 4

Skills:

Athletics
Awareness
Dodge+20
Intimidate
Medicae
Parry
Stealth

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Blademaster
Catfall
Crippling Strikes
Double Team
Jaded
Heightened Senses (Sight, Sound) (Auto-Senses)
Hip Shooting
Lightning Attack
Marksman
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Psychic Powers)
Sidearm
Swift Attack
Two-Weapon Wielder (Melee, Ranged)

Traits/Mutations/Other

Dark Sight (Auto-Senses)
Brutal Charge (4)
Quick and the Dead
Unnatural Strength (+2)
Adroit (WS)

Multiple Limbs (3)
Mark of Khorne

Weapons:

QCC:          1d10+4 E || Pen 2 ||  15m || S/-/- ||  2/2  || Half || RDLS, Razor Sharp, Crippling (6)*
Bolter:       1d10+5 X || Pen 4 || 100m || S/3/- || 23/24 || Half || Tearing, Reliable (GC)
Bolt Pistol:  1d10+5 X || Pen 4 ||  30m || S/2/- ||  8/8  || Half || Tearing

Power Blade: 1d10+12 E || Pen 7 || Melee || Storm Field (pg 170), GC (+5 WS)
Power Mace:  1d10+13 E || Pen 4 || Melee || Power Field, Concussive (Two-Handed)

*Crippling (6) when it deals at least 1 Wound. If it connects (even to a Force Field) but fails to damage,
 counts as Shocking with a -20 penalty to the Toughness Test.

Wargear: 

Medikit
Light Power Armor
-+10 Strength
-Sustainable Power Source
-Osmotic Gill
-Auto-Senses (Immune to photon flash and stun grenades, Half Action Called Shots)
-Helmet Augmentations (Preysense, Rebreather, Photovisor, Vox-Caster, Micro-Bead)

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Sep 21, 2019

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Repair Detail

Polix quickly brings his blade up and lops off the pistol hand of the skirmisher that charged him, slicing off the hand as well as slicing the gun in half. He barely has a chance to react to the blow before his flak cloak catches fire and a series of small explosions are heard as his pistol ammo cooks off, most of the rounds finding a final resting place in the flesh of their former owner.

The last skirmisher stabs at Dee but his stab goes wide, but it appeared to be a feint, as the auto pistol in the skirmisher's off hand is deftly aimed in the melee and impacts her shoulder. While the round, clearly an armor piercing load, cuts through her carapace, it pancakes against the mass of flesh and mechanical components below.

Subliminal Spaces

Chrome feels the worst case of vertigo she ever felt before finding herself in the middle of the Warp. Well sort of the middle of the warp. She's standing on what she clearly remembers as the briefing room from her first Arbites assignment, down to the peeling linoleum floor and the constant smell of stale recaf. Where she was used to seeing her old duty sarge standing was instead a foul thing with claw-like hands and a skin color somewhere between a blue and a lavender. "Leave it to your connection to the warp to give us some alone time. Went and tried to use your little doombolt instead of getting up and close for a kill? Tisk tisk," the creature says, her voice having a gravelly timbre to it reminescent of a 40 a day lho smoker, each word echoing slightly with a delay that sounded like the voice of a child's.

The Daemonette flicks her claw-like hands, and the desks and chairs fling off into the warp beyond. "See, you have to learn the rules. We share this body, for now, and I want to really get into the thick of it. If you wanted to stand around and fling doombolts, you should have gotten possessed by a Horror." In a flash the Daemonette is on Chrome, the former arbites barely ducking a swipe from one clawed hand. Chrome feels the weight of her power blade in her hand, but she's dressed only in her old cadet's uniform? She also feels her psychic powers are distant, gone, as is her daemon strength.

Only one skirmisher left. Tries to stab and shoot Dee, but misses and rolls poo poo for damage. While Viva is gone for six rounds, he gets to duel his literal inner daemon. No warp powers, no armor, and you lose all the benefits of being a daemonhost. I'll respond to each different battle in turn, so if a player in meat space posts I'll update that.

Player up.

1 crazed Honed skirmishers- who are mooks.
2 crazed Honed Duelists

Who has gone:
Polix
Honed Skirmisher

Polix- 45m from center (in cover)
3D- 45 meters from center (in cover) 16/18 wounds
Chrome-Blinked out for 6 rounds, gains 4 corruption.
Selene-45m from center(In cover)
Amirah- 41 M from center (1 m from cover)

2 Duelists 10 meters from center fully in cover.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
May 18 2013. It has been a hell of a long run, but it looks like Rogue Crusade is finally done. The sheer fact it went on as long as it did is amazing, and the fact that a few of you have been along for the ride the whole time even more so.

I'll admit that I was running out of ways to keep it interesting for your muderhobos, and hoped the reset would have helped, but even my dogged persistence couldn't keep life in the game.

I want you all to know that you're welcome to apply to any other games I do in the future (as many of you have to my side projects over the years) and consider yourselves practical shoe ins.

There is only war.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Werix posted:

May 18 2013. It has been a hell of a long run, but it looks like Rogue Crusade is finally done. The sheer fact it went on as long as it did is amazing, and the fact that a few of you have been along for the ride the whole time even more so.

I'll admit that I was running out of ways to keep it interesting for your muderhobos, and hoped the reset would have helped, but even my dogged persistence couldn't keep life in the game.

I want you all to know that you're welcome to apply to any other games I do in the future (as many of you have to my side projects over the years) and consider yourselves practical shoe ins.

There is only war.

If someone didnt die on me IRL, I'd prob have been better about posting. Glad you ran the epic for so long. Sorry I fell thru.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

No prob, Werix. Thank you for the game.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Thanks for the game. Good night, sweet prince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Sad to see it go, but man what a great game. Thanks for everything Werix.