Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«49 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova requests the presence of the highest-ranking heretek who would remain on the ship after it left Vire. After a moment, she's being shown around the enginarium, medical facilities and the surprisingly advances laboratorium, taking stock of the supplies and facilities they have, as well as trying to form an image of the skill level of the crew she was working with. During the tour of the important parts of the ship and the inventory of their stores of chemicals and components, the hereteks are trailed by the silently looming Brutus.

Waci fucked around with this message at May 22, 2013 around 06:55

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Tibur just sort of looks at the group unsure how to act. Some seem intent on getting under way, others wish to be shown parts of the vessel, and one wants a tour, a tour of a giant spacefaring city! After shaking his head, Tibur responds, "Right den. I'll gooahead and get all thee senior staff up in the conference room, and have porters and whatnow help the rest of yeh."

Father Boli and his robotic package are shown to his quarters behind the main Chapel. The quarters are spacious, having belonged to the previous Rogue Trader. They are still decorated in the accouterments of one faithful to the Corpse God. His porter minds him not to get it "all Chaosed up" as such a location is likely to be stopped at if they are ever boarded for more than a cursory cargo inspection.

Vorgash is taken to the former Navigator's quarters. It is a multi-story affair, with a separate kitchen, quarters for what would have been attending family staff and junior navigators, a lounge with a wide array of amasec, and attached library full of Old Navigator's charts. As he has no actual formal training as a Navigator, Vorgash has no way to interpret the charts on board.

Xanatova is introduced to Magos Uther on her way out of the bridge, and his way into the bridge. He stares at his fellow fallen tech-priest, speaking through a vox implant. ++"So you must be Aethun's little pet tech-priest. Even though I would outrank you on a forge world, I bow to your authority on board ship, as I care little to leave it. Just leave the Enginarium alone flesh-shaper."++ Xanatova is led to the Enginarium first. She notices that most of the crew in the section are not fallen Adeptus Mechanicus, but other members of the Imperium. It is not uncommon for non-Priests of Mars to become hereteks; there is many an Imperial Guard Operator, bored noble, or self-sufficient Administratum Clerk that has taken to their own ministrations of holy technology only to be chased out of the Imperium by the Mechanicus. Xanatova was just not expecting to see so many on the ship, outnumbering the Tech Priests proper.

The Laboratorium is completely deserted save for one woman, who is more Augmented than even Xanatova, though hers is of a less Utilitarian and more aesthetic than the bio-sculptor.



++Oh good, you must be Xanatova!++ the woman says in a synthesized voice that seems to flow from one succulent female voice to another. ++I'm Mary, the resident technophile. This seems to be the best place to be to get the choicest tech goodies. Xenos implants are just the best, especially when corrupted,++she purrs out the last part.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Threebags wanders around the ship, led around by what appears to be a cadre of ratings. "Wait, this is the great fighting pit you kept telling me about? Look at that frail thing. Probably hasn't had anything to eat for weeks." He casually pushes the senior rating into the pit, and smiles affectionately as the xeno beast below rips into the voidsman.

"Are we heading for the Choir chambers next? Yes, yes. Let's take the railway this time. I tire of walking."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Entering the large Navigator quarters offered little to the Chaos Space Marine. Although spending his life as part of the Thousands Sons had made him accustomed to a more compact environment he depended on his suit for all of his needs. This was perhaps for the best he thought has he attempted to separate the Navigator charts into something more organised. Though he could not make too much sense of them at this point it would be important to attain the knowledge in the future. It seems from the group that he was place here to guide and act as a voice of reason for the others. The Gods had led him here and he felt confident that through careful mediation and analysis he would be able to provide that for others. Some of them anyway. Small steps before building a mountain.

His first goal should be to form a core of people he could trust or at the very least control. Betting on a like minded approach to problems he would seek the techpriest for help. Offering a brief note of thanks to those who transported his few belongings he made his way to the Laboratorium.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

Hieronymus Schecte

Schecte is quiet on the way to the ship, somewhat shaken by his new patron's display of power. Two new and unpleasant sensations: subservience and inferiority.

His spirits rise when the group reaches the vessel. After months of being a mere passenger it's time to be behind the controls again. He barely acknowledges Tibur before beckoning the nearest porter.

"I'll see all of you at the meeting shortly. But first, to the bridge! I must inspect the controls. Xanatova, I do hope you'll inform me as to the conditions of the engines. Wouldn't do to have any nasty surprises."

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

Licking off a spot of blood near his mouth, Hashim tasted it for a moment before spitting it out in disgust. It was absolutely vile and, if what his Neuroglottis sensed was correct, she'd had not one, but eight different poisonous chemicals in her. Alcohol was one thing, any pirate needed some after all, but he'd never understand, and heavily dislike, the pleasure cults' obsession with lounging around taking various substances that degraded their bodies. Give him the thrill of combat and treasure any day. Tainted as she was, he hated the smell she left behind on his armor; he'd have to cleanse the smell with some real blood later. Absently brushing off some cerebral matter from a pauldron, he leaves with the rest of the group.

Arriving at the ship, Hashim immediately goes to find the officer quarters near the armory, taking a moment to detach his hat from his helmet and actually put it on. Tilting it in a piratey manner, he goes off to inspect it. Spotting Dimarco along the way, he stops. Given his skills and their nominal positions on the ship, the duelist might be interested in checking it out as well. Plus, it would let him learn more about this human. Who knew, he might even make a good underling.

"Oi, Dimarco, was it? I be headin' over to th' armory to spy wit' ye eye what our 'gracious' employer has seen fit to grant us. Ye look like th' sort 'o human that would appreciate it as well, so interested? "




Note: If there's actually already assigned quarters, or there wouldn't normally be any well furbished quarters near the armory, just let me know and I'll edit it tomorrow. As for the piratey talk, just testing it out. I'll go back to normal speech if it aggravates anyone, or me for that matter.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

"Oh I agree, both xenos technology and the effects the warp can have on flesh and metal are fascinating. I am sure our travels will give us quite a few opportunities to get our hands on the most interesting pieces of technology." Xanatova inspects the more aesthetically-inclined technophile, optical mechadendrite zooming in on various joints and junctions in Mary's more visible implants. "Beautiful craftmanship. Your own work?" The woman's sleek and pleasant-looking cybernetics reminded her of the tech-priests larger forge worlds selected to represent them to outsiders, with their implants built significantly more subtle than most.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent is surprised at the Marine's suggestion. This was exactly why he had signed up to serve on this ship. A real opponent at last, even if it would just be sparring. He bows "Of course. Perhaps we have even been gifted with some training servitors. It would not do to have our skill deteriorate between actions."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007


Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:01

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Boli

Boli looks around the quarters and is impressed. The previous trader was a devout man indeed, keeping himself roomed so closely to the main chapel. Shame his tastes were on the gaudy end of the spectrum, some of those statuettes were so tacky they'd struggle to be sold in a shrine-world gift shop. Maybe he could modify them to praise the Dark Princes and put them in shrines around the ship, they were already so offensive it probably wouldn't be hard.

He shuts Ron in a closet, double checking that the machine was in storage mode. Having it search through the ship for him, killing anyone who got in its way, would probably be an irritation. Funny, but an irritation. A quick cassock change later, no longer smelling of cheap perfume and brain matter, he has a crewman lead him to the senior briefing room.

There would be plenty of time later to inspect the chapels and shrines around the ship, and ensure that no parties were being under-represented.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

The ratings are surprised, but not shocked at Mr. Threebags unnecessary display. If it was an attempt to intimidate or frighten the hardened sailors it did not work, they just scoffed, and a couple shook their heads. He was led to the Choir room and quarters. There he found his "Choir", a rag-tag group of psyker misfits like himself. The eldest was a matron who appeared nearly 100 years old, and the youngest a boy barely in his teens. All of them lounged around the choir's ready room smoking lho-sticks and playing cards, they barely give Threebags a glance before they continue.

Hieronymus is left alone on the bridge as everyone else either takes off to explore their ship or goes to the Conference room. The bridge seems well laid out, the main pilot's controls were to the fore, directly above the Navigator's small Navigation chamber. Behind the flight controls is the main battle display, with the Command Throne behind it. The Noble sits in the command throne for just a second, knowing once things get underway, it will be the domain of Corvax.

Hashim and Vincent stroll around the ship trying to find a main armory. They find several side armories, running into Flint Ironstag along the way. The three inspect the side armories they find along the way, placed strategically in all the bulkheads, with the largest ones by docking ports and the main guns, popular targets in boarding actions. The armories are stocked with plentiful and reliable solid projectile weapons, mostly pump action shotguns and compact autocarbines.

Satisfied the three men begin to head to the bridge, passing through the executive quarters along the way, each mockingly call out dibs on rooms, until they get to one of the last rooms leading to the bridge. It obviously belonged to the former Arch-militant. Sparsely decorated, it had a small melee practice servitor, a 50 meter firing range and plenty of empty ornamental gun racks, displays, and wall hangings, begging to be filled with Chaos weapons. Each man eyes the room and each other, a small quandary before them.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Having gotten rid of his welcoming party, Threebags briefly considers the approach he should take with his new underlings. A speech is what they needed. Clearly these wretches needed direction. But that would be for another day - Preferably one where the singing of the ship's cannons could add to the speech.

"Alright, Grandma. Show me your singing voice. You too, pipsqueak."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Now this could be a problem. Only one room and three people that wanted it, and Vincent was definitely not the favorite. "Well this is certainly a nice room." he says, trying to decide on his next move. Suddenly, it comes to him: a way to not only potentially get the room but to also get the sparring practice in that he wanted. "If you're interested, we could make a wager. Duels to first touch with some of the practice weapons, whomever wins out gets the room. Second and third place still get access, but live in the adjoining rooms."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Mary slides down from the table she was on and walks over to Xanatova and smiles a smile wider than humanly possible. ++No, not my own work. I'm a connoisseur of body improvement technology, not a creator of it. My original trade is xeno-archaeology, which is why I think Aethun assigned me here. I really desired the position of Senschal, but I understand another got the position.++

Mary sashays over to a cogitator bank nearby and directly interfaces with it, ++If you need anything let me know, and don't go keeping any fun xeno-tech from me!++

Meanwhile, in the astropath Choir chambers, the eleven other "astropaths" look at Mr. Threebags. The elderly woman stands and addresses the head astropath, "Hello child. You must be our head Astropath, Mr. Bags is it? Now my name is Gertrude, and it is ever so nice to meet you. Now if you think I am going to sing, you would be mistaken." The young boy takes a drag from his Lho and goes back to the game.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Threebags frowns. "Oh, I'm sorry. I thought this was a Choir Chamber, not a Reliquarium from the fifth crusade filled with aeon-old antiques and...young... Oh I don't even care. What do you actually do here? And yes, that you means all of you."

Tindalos
May 1, 2008


Namtar Thrice-Born

Namtar has slowly made his way down to the quarters of the crew. Filthy and infested with vermin, the nurgling scurries off to play with the rats.

Meanwhile the Apothecary finds some out of the way storeroom, draped cloth over the entrance, and starts unpacking his medical supplies.

He nods slowly at a passing rating. "I am here to dispense chirugical operations for the crew. This will do as an suitable medicae bay." He brushes off some manner of insect from a table, and starts examining a set of rusty knives. "If your fellows have need of something to postpone the inevitable, tell them to come here and we shall see what I can do."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

One of the other astropaths gets up and approaches Mr. Threebags. He is a gaunt man, and judging by his eye sockets, he really is an astropath. "Good day sir, I am Mathias, humbly at your service. We are only waiting, here in the ready room, for our services to be used, which they obviously won't be when we are still docked at or benefactor's station!"

He then leans in close and whispers, "Watch yourself you fool! That is no old woman, but an unbound daemonhost! It wants only to goad you into attacking it, so it can crush you and claim your spot as head astropath!

The ratings give Namtar a strange look, and move about their way. The Servant of Nurgle quickly unpacks his things. setting up his churgeon shop. Then the servant of the servant of Nurgle scampers through the tattered sheet, having "played" with the rats. The crew in this section of the ship will soon need Namtar's services, if they want it or not.

Since there is someone here from like each game I play on the forums, I'm going to be visiting family over the holiday weekend and purposely staying off the web, so don't expect an update in this game or from me in any other games until probably Tuesday.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Threebags frowns even harder. "So, you mean to say that the UNBOUND daemonhost somehow needs me to goad it out of its nonexistent bindings. In order to ascend to the lofty post of head astropath."

The exasperated little man walks towards the youth, and snatches the lho out of his hand. He takes an obnoxiously long puff, and hands it back. "I...I will deal with you later. Carry on whatever...Important duties...You were attending to." This is why he preferred to work alone. You could never trust the staff to be the least bit competent.

And with that out of the way, Threebags makes his way back to the bridge, wondering what else he'd have to deal with today.


Just a reminder that Threebags has warp sense, which means that he is basically constantly making psyniscience checks as free actions - He can also read people's auras just by looking at them. So did he see anything weird about the old lady and the rest of the fake choir?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007


Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:01

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

Hashim smiled coldly for a moment while considering the situation. He didn't particularly care about the room, as Flint was indeed correct on who he'd rather practice his skills against, but he could hardly let a veiled threat pass like that unanswered. It would send all the wrong messages. "Ye threats mean nothin' when ye standin' right next to me, brother. I'd have me blade out 'n gut ye before ye could get th' range to use it without catchin' yourself 'n th' blast."

Fingering the hilt of his sword for a moment, he tossed out his own idea, mildly mocking Flint's previous words while he was at it. "Best idea: Best 'o three in th' rin' 'n on th' firin' range. Alternatively neither 'o us takes it 'n we keep it fer other purposes before one 'o us has to explain to Aethun why he has to replace some 'o his selected command crew before we've even left port. Alternatively why thar's already large holes in it. " Despite his mild respect for Vincent appreciating the joys of close combat as well, Hashim seems to have temporarily forgotten his presence.



Funny thing. The other character I'd been considering would have been wielding a Legion Multi-Melta and had both Osmotic Life Sustainer and Mag-Clamps. His general opinion on boarding parties would have been to just start spacing corridors if the rest of the boarding party didn't move fast enough.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Given the options presented by the Marines, Vincent decides to go with option 3. "I agree with Lord Hashim, none of us need the room except to practice our martial skills or store our weaponry. Let's just take other rooms and simply leave it open for us to use at our convenience."

Lord Koth, that is one of the most 40k character ideas I've heard.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007


Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:01

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

As Mr. Threebags speaks, Mathias responds, still in a whisper, "While the daemon has the power to smite you and take your position, it fears Master Aethun even more, and dares not move against you, at least not in the open. Watch yourself, the thing scares the poo poo out of me." As Mr. Three-Bags leaves the room to head to the briefing chambers, he tries to actively scan the auras of the other psykers, but all is drown out by an extremely powerful, baleful force.

Back in the executive quarters, FLINT IRONSTAG, Hashim and Vincent decide on a course of action. It seems both the practice dummy and the firing range target has a scoring system and variable dodge/parry settings. They decide that each contestant would choose either the firing range or the practice dummy and each get five tries, the one with the highest score wins the room.

They set the dummies to Marginal dodge ability. Flint, being the only one with a true advantage in ranged combat, takes the firing range with is bolt pistol. The scoring system seems simple, one point for an arm or leg hit, two points for a body hit, and three for a head head. Flint decides not to mess around, aiming and firing only at the head. The first shot goes wide, the second shot barely misses, the third one should have hit, but the dummy, even on the lowest dodge setting next to off, still dodges, and the final two go wide, netting Flint Ironstag Zero Points!

The human goes next, opting for the melee dummy. He also decides not to screw around, and goes for the head with all his attacks. Most of his strikes go wide, but two glance on the head, giving Vincent, the human, Six Points!

Hashim knows what he must beat to win the room, and knows the quickest was is to go for the head. He performs on par with the human, and scores two head strikes for a total of Six points! It is down to Hashim and Vincent, do they dare compromise on the room, go again on the dummies, or perhaps test against each other?

As soon as this fight over the room is done, then we go to briefing. The target shooting, to make it fair, was all called shots against a dodge of 25. You each had called shot/sure strike, so it was still only -10 for each of you. So no bitching.

Tindalos
May 1, 2008


Namtar Thrice-Born

Making his way up from the lower decks, Namtar finally arrives to witness the contest between the two warriors fighting over a room.

"Does comfort really mean that much to you? Before I was enlightened, I slept on a slab of metal. Now I need not even that. If you desire it, I shall personally make you each a room fit for a warmaster when we next make port."

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

Hieronymus Schecte

Shecte relishes the feeling of being in a position of command again, even briefly. He then returns to the controls to see if he can learn anything more about the ship before heading to the briefing.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Hieronymus Schecte looks around the bridge. He sees some controls that don't seem standard. He looks at them, but cant figure them out. He presses a few buttons, and the only thing he notices is alarm klaxons going off warning of a sudden depressurization in the cargo holds. The fallen noble presses a few more buttons and the klaxons stop, and indications show that the hold is repressurizing.

You failed a tech use test by 3 DoF so you accidentally activated the evacuation bay, spewing the contents and crew inside into the void, ship looses one population.

FLINT, angry at his humiliating defeat, fires a charged shot from his plasma pistol at the training Mannequin out of spite, and still misses the damned thing. He storms out, vowing to find one of the more comfortable and spacious rooms. Vincent and Hashim each agree on one more aim at the head with the dodge off, first to hit wins the room. The two alternate swings, First Vincent misses, then Hashim, then Vincent again, but Hashim gets it on his second hit. Vincent wins the room!Hashim wins the room!

There are plenty of posh multiroom state rooms for all of you. I also encourage the use of this firing range to settle disputes.

Temporarily lost in a small warp time bubble Vorgash makes it to the Laboratorium just as Xanatova and Mary finish their conversation.

Werix fucked around with this message at May 31, 2013 around 02:05

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Though disappointed with his loss, Vincent nonetheless is pleased to have held his own in a competition against one of the Astartes. This was almost exactly the kind of competition he had craved "Congratulations on your victory, Lord Hashim. I admit, I was mostly interested in the practice and not so much on the room itself. Enjoy the room, I'll settle in nearby. "

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at May 31, 2013 around 02:25

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Vorgash eases into the Laboratorium taking care to ensure his bulk does not damage whatever activities are going on in the facility. He spots Xanatova finishing a conversation with an...unusually deformed human with a series of unidentifiable bionic components.

He quickly introduces himself to the other before turning to Xanatova.

"I believe we are being called to the bridge shortly, would you mind walking with me? I have some concerns I wish to discuss with you."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Vincent

Flush with victory, Vincent nonetheless spots an opportunity to ingratiate himself with the Astartes and perhaps get a little something for himself. "Lord Hashim, that was a great competition. I admit, I was mostly interested in the practice and not so much on the room itself. I'd be happy to give you this room as it's likely the captain will wish for you to be the head of defense for our vessel. If we happen across a nice power sword in the future, keep me in mind though."

Ehrm, Hashim actually won the room, I said as much, but then when I bolded the winner, I accidentally typed your name. Corrected my error with all the shame of strikethrough for all to see.

Werix posted:

The two alternate swings, First Vincent misses, then Hashim, then Vincent again, but Hashim gets it on his second hit. Vincent wins the room!Hashim wins the room!

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

The space marine sorcerer wanted her attention? He definitely had it.

"Certainly." She moves to the door. "What is it that you wish to discuss?"

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Wandering through the ship in a vaguely bridge-wards direction, Threebags tries to keep an eye out for one of the many new hidey-holes he plans to maintain throughout the ship.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

Firing the deciding shot, Hashim laughs and turns to Vincent. "A jolly match, Vincent, a jolly match indeed. Such a pity our supposed ranged expert proved so rusty. By th' warp, if he'd stayed around I'd have even given him th' room, since he seems to need th' practice more. " With a rather cruel smirk on his face, he proceeds to set of most of his secondary armament up on the weapon racks, keeping just his pistol and power sword with him. "Now, let's see what this briefing's all about."

Passing Namtar at the door, Hashim comments as he walks past. "Nay, I couldn't give a drat ta hell 'bout th' room. But our fellow Brother decided it was important enough to start threatenin' me wit' that oversized grox-shooter he's carryin' around, 'n I could hardly let that pass. So I challenged him to a test 'o skill. I reckon ye saw th' results. "

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

The command staff finally meet in the main briefing room. It is a domed structure behind the bridge, acting as a hub in the middle of all the state rooms. The wheel and spoke design of the briefing room in the middle of the state rooms vaguely reminds the command group of the Chaos star, a reassuring feeling.

There are surprising few other individuals in the room besides the group recently arrived on ship. Tibur is present, as is the cat servo-skull. next to Tibur is Magos Uther, looking as impatient as a man with his face hidden under a hood and augments can be. It seems everyone is assembled, but Tibur seems to wait. After a time, a woman rushes in. She is dressed in an elaborate robe of maroon with gold piping and elegant designs embroidered on it. It has a large hood which is up. Her face is completely concealed by a white Carnival Mask. She is perfumed with the scent of lavender.

"Excuse me lords and ladies, I was dealing with a sudden emergency; it appears some fool activated our Evacuation bays and emptied the cargo and the loading crews into space. The cargo is being gathered right now, but the crew cannot be currently replaced, Aethun is very displeased."

Tibur speaks up in his ever-shifting accent, "Aight, so's ya'll met me. Dis one to mah right is Magers Uther, he's a tech-guy in charge of keeping the ship going. The lady to my other right is Vice-Captain Olivia, she's in charge of the ship personnel. That's aboot it for high level command staff, as the ideaer was that you would be in charge o' stuff, like Mr. Ironstang bein' in charge o' tha guns, Hashim being in charge of boarding and defending, Mr. Threebags the astropaths, Vorgash Navigating, and so ons. So I guess, what's our orders so we ca' get underway?"

Okay, I'm still trying to work out the kinks on warp travel using a warp practitioner. I am also toying around with the idea of a "ship alignment" where the ship's overall alignment would be the same as whichever god is the most favored deity among you folks; giving you guys something to consider when buying skills and to plot over, because, well Chaos. It would provide bonuses and negatives when working with other Chaos folks and dealing with daemonic incursions. Since none of you are aligned yet, I got some time to work on it.

Lastly, since we have so many folks, I'm toying with the idea of a separate In character talk thread, where you guys can plot, argue, and shoot the poo poo, all IN CHARACTER, without having to wait for things to get settled in the main thread(like the bit about the room). Stuff said in that thread would carry over here, and I'd monitor it, though not really ever post in it. Any interactions with NPCS, as well as anything obviously relating to the current mission/game happenings, would still be in the main thread. The idea is it would represent a lot of the "down-time" conversations you guys engage in. Mull it over, and in your upcoming posts, indicate if you are for or against the idea, majority wins.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

After what seemed like an eternity, the "command staff" had assembled after taking tours of the ship and... whatever they were doing.

"You are correct, Tibur. Each of them has been designated a position. We leave for Scintilla as soon as we are able. All of you, ensure your part in this is performed to expectations - we have within our grasp the means to perform great deeds. I won't have that squandered by any more incompetence. Speaking of which, I need to know the cause of this accident. Immediately."

Corvax stood up from his seat around the table.

"Begin preparations to head to Scintilla. Vorgash, the route is in your hands - we're off as soon as all the cargo is recovered. Any other questions or issues?"


I'm okay with the chatter thread.
As far as Navigator-less Warp Travel goes, the whole, complicated Rogue Trader system is designed so that your navigator's only job isn't "We're leaving the planet. Roll Navigate(Warp). Okay, now you can go back to playing video games." WIth this, maybe the Nav:Warp roll is enough, seeing as our Sorceror can do a lot of other stuff. Especially since he's basically just asking demons for directions whenever he does navigate.
The Chaos ship idea is pretty cool as well.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent looks over each of the newcomers in turn as they arrive. The Magos was Mechanicus, which meant that he probably wouldn't be someone Vincent would be interested in speaking to. The Vice-Captain looked like a noble at one of their ridiculous masquerade balls. She was obviously upset, so he decided to speak to her later to get a fair assessment of her character. Probably lovely, he muses.

"No questions captain."

Ok with all those suggestions. I love the idea of the Chaos ship in particular. The more corrupted we get, the more crazy our ship looks and the harder it is for us to be inconspicuous. Adds some extra challenge at higher levels of experience. I don't really have much of an opinion on the Navigator issue. I don't have much experience with RT so I'm not sure how integral it is to the fun.

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at Jun 1, 2013 around 13:13

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Vincent

I love the idea of the Chaos ship in particular. The more corrupted we get, the more crazy our ship looks and the harder it is for us to be inconspicuous. Adds some extra challenge at higher levels of experience.

What I had in mind actually was that the ship would just have an alignment, so that if you ran into some Khorne Pirates, and the ship was dedicated to Tzeentch, you'd get negatives trying to talk your way out of things, and positives dealing with followers of Tzeentch while in the ship. However, I like the idea of the ship becoming more corrupted as you guys do; maybe based on how high the average group corruption is? Then I could have the ship test against a mutation table? I like this...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Boli

"Assuming that we have not lost a significant, or irreplaceable, number of the crew, I have no issues to raise that cannot be dealt with en route."

I was planning to have Boli's "job" on board ship be attempting to maintain balance between the Gods. Ensuring that there are shrines enough for all, that the Khornate crew aren't going around murdering the Tzeentchites etc. So that idea would be fine with me.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

"So it seems we already have a traitor amongst us." The little psyker muses. "My dear Olivia, pray tell us all how this purge of our hold can be activated. Maybe that can help us narrow down the options for the culprit."


I am totally down with all the things being discussed at the moment.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

At the mention that the target is Scintila, Tibur gasps and Olivia looks around the room, her blank mask hiding whatever emotions she was feeling. Only the Magos remained impassive, though that might be due in part to him being a machine beyond emotion.

"Freekin' Scintiler?" Tibur cries. "I knew we'd be doin' some espionage stuff, but the big guy wants us going right to the heart of the Imperium? Right off da bat? Well, this'll be tha shortest touar I've evea done."

Olivia ignores Tibur's statement and instead answers Mr. Threebags, "The evacuation hold was specially installed in the vessel. It allows for the entire contents of the cargo hold to be immediately dumped in case we were ever cornered by Imperial forces with less than legal contents, though right now it was mainly filled with rations that had just been brought on board, and the men who were disseminating them to kitchens across the ship. It, along with our Variable figurehead, are to help us remain undetected in Imperial space. It can only be activated on the bridge."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Threebags snickers, letting out a small chuckle. "So, how long before we are underway?"

For Hieronymus only: Hieronymus hears a familiar voice in his head. "Bet you feel pretty foolish about telling everyone you were going to inspect the bridge before accidentally spacing our supplies, don't you?" The message is punctuated by a small wink, however impossible that may be. What a dick.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«49 »