Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"Ah, glad to see at least some of you decided to stay alive and chat. Seems your colleagues were eager to throw their lives away, and now we're short on drivers for this little convoy. It'll look weird now, pulling up all short of vehicles. Funny. Odd. Threatening, perhaps? We'd be very interested in making our way through the gates at your compound without any further unnecessary conflict. I'm sure there are systems in place for situations where you've taken losses, or are being chased. You can tell us all about it on the way, I've spent more than enough time in these woods already."

"Oh, I'm sure you've noticed we're not really from round these parts, I understand that there are others in your camp who are similar? We'd like to hear all about them, too."

Asking/interrogating the drivers about how to safely approach the camp. What the gate guard is normally like, what they would do if they were the only survivors of the battle of babby's first log trap, how they would show that they were being pursued and needed the gate to be ready to open. That sort of thing. And then any general information about the off-world mercs.

If they're not being helpful, I still have a delightfully gaudy explosive collar.

Interrogation at 50, Inquiry at 70. Would like to roll Serpents Tongue at 70 to get Peer (2) (Ghost Pollen harvester people)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
Is the armour from the dead people usable? It might be worth dressing some of us up.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The backs of the convoy trucks are opened up. The truck beds contain the most mundane thing that the heretics could have hoped to find; food and water. Enough of the sundries is emptied out for those who were traveling by truck, be they astartes or lesser forms of life, to ride in the back of.

The drivers are pulled from their vehicles and kneeled down on the ground, weapons placed at their heads. One begins crying and quickly wets himself, while another keeps muttering incoherently. The third one is only able to stammer out something about the trucks being radioed when they get within range and having to give a code word to not get fired upon.

He indicates the first individual is the only one of the three left alive to know the code word. By that point the man had vomited, and then passed out in his bile. He looks unlikely to awake anytime soon.

sorry goatface, you rolled in the 90's for like everything, but they still tell you that there is a radio code word that is usually given. Once you get radioed you (or someone else) can try to intimidate the passed out guy (who will by then be awake) to answer with the code word, or you can try to plan accordingly.

MaliciousOnion posted:

Is the armour from the dead people usable? It might be worth dressing some of us up.

Yes some of it is left, but it's mostly flak coats, flak vests, and beaten up lasguns and autoguns; these guys are NOT the off world mercs, but more locals armed with surplus gear brought in during the ghostfire harvests.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent wipes his still bloody sword on the man's clothes, "Well you had best hope that your friend can remember the right code word to get us in. Maybe you might even make it out of here with only nightmares." Vincent grins, his eyes alight with Khorne's bloodlust, "Maybe."

Intimidate at 50. edit: 60 with the RT bonus

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
60     31     50    30    40     25      30      40     30

Notable Skill:
Intimidate +10

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Oct 14, 2014

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Corvax

Corvax instructed his proxy to accompany Boli into the camp, provided it didn't interfere with some other plan of his, before getting into the back of the truck.

"We could fit, I suppose. But we lack information about the gate's security, and they could turn the heavy guns on us if Astartes are discovered hiding within. I think I'd rather us come in by air. What do the rest of you suppose?"

Giving Vincent's intimidate check my +10 bonus.
My minion's orders with Boli are 1) Open fire on dangerous targets when the marines land. 2) Shut up and let him talk. Loyalty TN 100 (since my horns are back).

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
I was going to update, but then realized that, if my headcount is right, Jolinaxas and Lord Koth are my remaining astartes. King_com has been out for a while, Mandozer quit, and Dyne has abandoned his warpsmith for allegedly wanting to make a psyker of some type.

So I want confirmation from the remaining two astartes if they really want to come in by air, or go in the back of the truck. Once each of you has spoken, I'll update.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Rolling On Down:

Corvax and Hashim make their way out of the wooded area to the parked Guncutter and make their way to a good ambush position. The agreed upon course of action is for the guncutter to go suborbital, fly to the other side of the mountain, and then wait for an all clear to be given, then fly over. The rest of the group, all the non-astartes heretics, load up into one of the duce and a half trucks and one of the Technicals, and then start to head towards the fortified encampment.

It is several hours of driving to get there. During that time the passed out individual who knows the pass code regains consciousness. When he does Vincent immediately goes to work in frightening the man. It takes only pointing the sword at the genitals of the man for him to spill the challenge phrase which is "The Emperor Shines Brightly on Iocanthos." With the needed information gathered, the team quickly execute the three survivors and leave them out in the wastes to rot, as bringing them fully along would only mean them tipping off the those that they were trying to ambush.

A long. boring drive later, the mountain comes into view, as does the walled in fort at the base. Once they close to within 3,000 meters the radio gives off a burst of static, "Identify yourselves or you will be fired upon!" Pierre grabs the radio and repeats the passphrase given to them. A minute later the radio replies back, "Copy, you are clear to proceed."

The vehicles make their way through the gates, the large doors slowly swinging open with the aid of some generator inside. The courtyard of the fort is busy. Two distinct groups seem to be gathered, yet not mingling. The first is what appears to be at least two dozen honest to goodness, fire on their heads Redemptionists:

They appear to be armed with a variety of weapons. Chainswords and Las-guns are common, but some flamers, and at least one melta gun are spotted. The other group is present in about as equal numbers:

These appear to be very professional, well equipped Mercenaries. Some are seen up in the guard towers manning the heavy weapons, while a few more are at a small weapon emplacement infront of the tunnel leading into the mountain. Their armor seems to be mostly carapace, and their armament that of a well funded mercenary group. High quality las-guns abound with hand cannons in hip holsters. Besides the heavy weapons up in the towers, the small group at the weapon emplacement by the tunnel appear to be manning a multi-laser, and a plasma gun is also seen.

A quick look at their equipment and heraldry grants Xanatova insight into who the mercenary group is. They are known as Deep Black, and they have an sector-wide reputation. They were originally a group of ex-guardsmen who made off with some "misplaced" weapons and armor, and wanted to keep playing soldier after they mustered out. Over they years that transformed into a ruthless cutthroat mercenary group known for looking for dishonorably discharged Guardsmen to bring into the fold. They use top of the line equipment, they are well trained, disciplined, and with do absolutely anything, and work with anyone, as long as they're getting paid for it.

One of the Deep Black Mercs guides the truck into the motorpool, where another Duce and a half, as well as some technicals, and one Chimera with the Deep Black heraldry are parked. Some of the Redemptionists begin to unload the supplies from the back. One of the mercs approached the truck, "We expected more of you, including another truck, we're short on supplies as it is, what the feth is going on?"

Okay you made it inside without a hitch, do your thing I guess. This map still applies:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"Yes, well, perhaps if some of you more well equipped men had been there, the fellows giving us a lift wouldn't have all died to the most obvious trap in the history of backwoods ambushes." Boli climbs down from the cab.

"Hello, I'm Ernst, of the S.S. Saint Carlos van Luchadores. I assume you are the Imperial forces we've spent ungodly months on this shithole trying to find? I mean, it's not like we were expecting luxury, but when you land on a planet with a Sororitas mission you expect to find at least a basic level of civility. Instead we land out of the way to do some investigation of currently unused fauna and constantly get attacked by idiotic and blatantly tribal heretics who think we're here to steal their ghost pollen! Who wants ghostfire these days? The market's being flooded by House Forbush and the munitorum barely pays more than cost. Now, if we'd found something useful, like a source of strong Detox or Sweep for the civilian market, or something with more edge like Barrage to sell to the guard... I assume you fellows are here to purge the unclean are you? Good show, good show. Lovely to see Redemptionists around, I don't think I've seen a redemptionist since my time on Takromak when they were purging the crabman tunnels with heavy flamers. Do you have any recaf? I've not had a good hot beverage in weeks."

I miss the Blather skill.

Deceive at 70-ish. Lore (Imperial Creed/Cult/Ecclesiarchy) at 52, do I know who these Redemptionists are? Do they have an affiliation within the ecclesiarchy or whatever.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The Meerc looks at Father Boli as he speaks. He remains quiet for a second as he looks into the back of the cab, as well as at the Technical. His eyes widen at seeing Xanatova. "Why the feth do you have a Cog-head with you? We don't see ANY of them on Iocanthos." He scratches his head. "Look, you and the Cog-head go to the barracks and speak with Jacob, or head of watch. The rest of you are free to stretch your legs, but you stay away from the cave-entrance, you two will be shot if you get too close."

With that Boli and Xanatova are brought away to the barracks. As they go through the courtyard, they hear a fiery sermon being given by a Redemptionist with a rather tall fiery hat. The sermon seems to be part battle-speech, and part exhortation against the unbeliever, with heavy emphasis put on Bodak's forces being heretics, for how could he oppose one as blessed by the Emperor as Cliven the Voice? Based on what Boli knows, they seem to be your standard Redemptionist cult out on Crusade. Though it is easily noted that none of the Deep Black mercs are among the group, and indeed, some seem to roll their eyes and make obscene gestures.

The merc leads them into the barracks, past some bunks. The bunks are split neatly down the middle. On the right the bunks are a mess, but decorated with ribbons of scripture and purity seals; the left is clean in a military like manner, tacked up racy pictures aside. They are led into a back room with a simple table, at which sits a Deep Black Merc with lieutenants stripes. The merc that led them here speaks, "LT these folks were among the group bringing supplies. This one," his head nods at Boli "was saying some shite about being from some ship or something, and her," he nods at Xanatova, "Well she's a fething cog."

The Lieutenant waves off the grunt and speaks, "Look, I don't know who the feth you are, but you better speak fast. I want you to tell me what you told the grunt, and you lady, you better do some explaining, since there ain't one whole fething Ad Mech on this planet, even at Port Suffering. If I don't like your answers, I will ghost you."

Okay, goatface failed his test, but only by one DoS, so instead of an instant fail, he and Xanatova get dragged off on their own to answer for things. You did roll like a 12 on your lore test, so basically you know everything from here about redemptionists, and to your eye the folks outside appear to be run of the mill Imperial Fanatics.

Onion and Olan are free to move around the camp.

Also the guncutter is in the air at the peak of the mountain, waiting for a radio signal. Once given, it will take Three rounds for it to get in position to drop Jolinaxas off.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Boli had a good cover story, hopefully he and Xanatova would be able to take care of themselves once the shooting started. Which would be soon, if he had anything to say about it.

Vincent takes on the persona of a bored guard, one that he had adopted dozens, if not hundreds, of times in service of his former masters. He watches Boli enter the facility while hanging near the truck before making his way around the perimeter of the base. The moment he is able to get far enough away that he won't be overheard, he voxes the ship, "I'm about to start, signal me when you're almost here."

Message sent, he continues his stroll until he reaches one of the towers. He enters and makes his way up to where the autocannon and its crew are standing guard. "Any of the primitives comes knocking after you gave them a taste of this gun?" he asks one of the crew, nonchalantly. "Last place we landed, the guards had hung some heretics from their walls. Pretty good deterrent, eh?" He continues in the vein of general chat that any guard mastered after a couple years in service.

Once the call comes in, he turns as if he is going to leave, unsheathes his sword, and goes to work.

Once the Astartes signal or show up, Vincent will Quick Draw, Aim, and Lightning Attack the guy on the autocannon in whichever tower I go to (either is fine). Once the guards are dead, I'll barricade the door, if there is one, and then go to town on the other tower with the autocannon. L. Attack+Aim=60, plus any bonuses for surprise or whatever.

pre:

Wounds: 12/12      IP: 4/4
Armour: All 6

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special

Good Bolter      100m   S/3/-   1d10+5X   4    24/24    2     Full    Tearing

Power Sword      Melee          1d10+5E   5                           Power Field, Balanced

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)
- Dodge +10
- Parry +10
- Swift Attack
- Lightning Attack
- Blademaster (REROLLS)

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Oct 23, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Pierre Loubieres

"Lucien," Pierre murmurs, "when the time comes I want you to drive that chimera into the gun emplacement over there." He nods toward the multi-las at the entrance to the mountain.

Lucien has Operate (Surface). Pierre will man the turret.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Vincent makes his way to the northern most tower after giving his signal. He makes chit-chat with the guards, who seem to be amenable enough to conversation with the foreigner, and not one bit concerned about a stranger in their tower like they should be.

Meanwhile Pierre and Lucien make their way over to the chimera. Lucien goes to open the main back hatch as indiscreetly as he can, only to find the hatch secured. He quickly tries the side hatch, and even the top hatch, only to find them locked.

Meanwhile Corvax begins rounding the crest of the mountain with the guncutter, Hashim behind the controls of the auto-cannon.

Jolinaxas is 3 turns away. Olanphonia is in position to kill the guards. There are two in the tower, one for each gun. Monion, these folks keep their chimera locked up tight. You either need to find the key or make a +0 security check or a -20 tech use to pick the lock, otherwise determine another action.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Pierre

Frowning, Pierre looks around, searching for a mercenary who looks like they'd have the keys. "Wait here," he says to Lucien. Approaching the merc, he says, "Excuse me, brother, is that a real Chimera? I hear they can go underwater. Tell me, would you mind letting me have a look?"

Going to activate my Serpent's Tongue and Pheromone Generator, then Charm at 73 plus bonuses.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Realizing that the men probably were ready to take their leave of him, Vincent puts his plan into action. "Alright, good to talk to-" he breaks off, and pretends to be listening carefully before he says, "do you hear that? Sounds like a gunship. That way." He points roughly in the direction of the forest they arrived from. "Quickly, get that gun ready!" he commands.

Command at 30 to get them to face away. Regardless of what happens, Aim+Lighting Attack on the autocannon guard.

pre:

Power Sword      Melee          1d10+5E   5                           Power Field, Balanced

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)
- Dodge +10
- Parry +10
- Sure Strike
- Disarm

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"Yes, well as I told that young man," Boli takes a deep breath, but then looks between the lieutenant and Xanatova a few times and sighs.

"Look, this was supposed to be a simple corporate action, you know? We land as a small reconnaissance team, build the intelligence and lay the groundwork for a simple hostile takeover. A classic 'take anything they haven't nailed down, all in the best tradition of the mercantile classes' endeavour. My compatriot here would assess the current and potential production capacity, we'd guage the size and make-up of trader house defences, ingratiate ourselves with the locals, that sort of stuff. I was here to make sure that the local ministry and the Sisters wouldn't mind - or interfere."

"Instead, this 'loyal frontier mission world' has turned out to be some sort of lawless, feral poo poo-hole. The locals are almost outright heretical barbarians who won't deal with us, there's no loving infrastructure to be seen, as far as the few natives who even know of it are concerned the "mission" is a forbidden but utterly passive place, and we didn't see any technology of note until we got picked up by your convoy. Until we got here and saw some bloody Redemptionists, I was about to write the Sisters off as dead. Now I'm here, and see you, and them, I'm almost curious as to what's coming. Mainly I'd just like somewhere to rest while we wait for our pick-up in another two months.

"gently caress this planet. More trouble than it's worth."

Deceive at 70

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

After receiving the signal, Corvax tapped into his armor's internal vox link to broadcast to the Sovereign's designated channel.

"Landing shortly. I trust that you remain unchallenged?"

I assume my minion got dragged in along with Boli and Xanatova?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
In the Vehicle Bay:
Pierre flags down one of the patrolling Deep Black Mercs. The merc smiles at the question, "Yeah getting a Chimera as a private op is a big deal, that's why she's kept locked tight. Only the Lt, who's usually in the Barracks, and the Mission commander, who's in the cave have the keys to the thing, otherwise I'd show you around."

Rolled fine, but they keep the thing locked down.

In the Barracks:
The Lieutenant cocks his eye at the Fallen Priest as he speaks, That the best story you can come up with? That's either the shittest story I've ever heard, or interests are the most incompetent fething amateurs In the Imperium. It would have taken one Orbit from the void to know there's nothing on this blasted rock worth investing in." he pulls a hand cannon out from a leg holster and aims it at the two priests. "i don't know who the feth you are, but you don't belong here." he quickly speaks into the microbead, "Look, I need some folks to help me with these two clowns here with me. Everyone else secure all the other jokers that came in with the shipment and take them to the cave. Let the boss sort them out."

Yes you both somehow failed your opposed tests, he just failed less and got fewer DoS. The dice don't like you here on iocanthos Goatface.

In the Northern Guard tower:
When Vincent Makes his move, the two mercs are confused and pause for a second, hearing the telltale sound of a guncutter, and seeing no reason not to, swing their guns in on the forest. The ruse works, and Vincent quickly runs through both of them with his power sword, with nary a death cry being uttered.

The Big Picture:
The guncutter does not remain hidden for long, with the sound of the vessel a beacon in the quiet, and everyone looks up to see the guncutter. At the same time all the Deep Black mercs crane their heads as a message goes over the vox. Two begin running for the Barracks, while the one that had just given Pierre the helpful advice swings his lasgun upwards and shouts for the disgraced governor and his man to put their hands up.

Okay, the guncutter is quickly descending. One more turn and it lands to drop off our lone astartes. Olan killed off both guards, each took a turn, hence why we're one turn away from the landing, and the guncutter is clearly visible. Onion (and lucien), goatface, and waci each have a weapon drawn on them. If you take any action without it being a quick draw or a successful rapid reaction test, they will get a free shot on you.

Jolinaxas posted:

I assume my minion got dragged in along with Boli and Xanatova?

No, she stayed with the truck. Lucen is also on the Field. The only two not on the field are Ron and Brutus, who will drop in with you, unless there is a minion I'm forgetting.

Here, have a map of locations and actual enemy strength:

Red Borders-You:
Black-Vincent
Yellow-Pierre
Orange-Lucen
Grey Lucretia
Blue-Boli
Green-Xanatova

Black Borders-Deep Black:
Black circle-standard merc
Blue Circle- Plasma gun merc
Red Diamond- Multi las merc
Grey Diamond- Autocannon
Yellow Diamond- heavy stubber

Yellow Border-Redemptionists
red-Redemptionist formation

Note: the redemptionist Formation is Strength of 24. They have two Special weapons, one a heavy flamer and the other a melta. The overseer has a chainsword and melta pistol. The rest have swords and autoguns.

Everyone give me combat blocks, roll your initiative and if it applies, rapid reaction to not be shot. you can roll these in any dice roller or in acolytedice and paste the results.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Hearing the unfortunate events going on with the Lieutenant, Corvax once again calls out over the vox.

"Landing shortly. Open fire."

Corvax Initiative (Add 3), then Lucretia Initiative (Add 8, best of 2): 3#1d10 4 8 2
So Corvax 7, Lucretia 16
Lucretia quick draws, aims, and opens up with both casters on the guy holding up Pierre and Lucien.
TN 70x2 (BS 40 + Aim 10 + Single Shot 10 + Red Dot 10)
Corvax would like to drop out of the cutter onto the horde, once I know the distance I'd be dropping.
... too gonzo? I guess I still have a turn to sort it out.

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T    Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel   Inf
     60   30  (9)50 (8)40  30   40   30   40  55(+5) 51, 5/5 IP

Wounds: 18/18         Armour: 10 Body, 8 All Else. +20 STR
Dodge: 30, Parry 90      Corruption: 30

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing
The Void Harvester  Melee —      1d10+20E   Pen.8       Balanced, +10WS, Legacy of Excess 
							Power Field, Terrorizer
Relevant Traits/Talents
Power Field - +1 "Damage" to Horde Magnitude
Terrorizer - User gains Fear (1) for the duration of the fight after killing an enemy.
Helmet Auto-Senses and CSM Heightened Senses = +20 to hearing/sight, fast called shots.
Chain Legguards
pre:
     WS   BS   S   T   Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
     05   40   10  20  40(8) 20   40   35   40(8) 

Wounds: 4/4   Dodge: 50  Armour: 9 All (2 Synskin, 5 Ablative, 2 Natural)

2x Q'Sal Crystal Caster  15m  S/-/–   1d10+6E  Pen.5  5/5 Rld:Full.
Qualities: Razor Sharp, Crippling (6), Shocking (-20) test if absorbed/deflected
Add-Ons: Silencer, Red-Dot Sight

Relevant Traits/Talents
Ambidextrous/2WW/Gunslinger, Quick Draw, Hip Shooting. Mighty Shot (included above)

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Oct 27, 2014

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent steps over the corpses of the two men and grabs the autocannon. He turns the gun and sets the sights on the emplacement on the other tower. "North tower clear, firing on South."

Quick Drawing the autocannon, Aim and Semi-Auto into the south tower, targeting the autocannon man. 31+10+10(short range?)=41 (51)

Intiative=11

pre:

Autocannon       300m   S/3/-   3d10+8 I  6    20/20          2Full   Reliable

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)
- Dodge +10
- Parry +10
- Sure Strike
- Disarm
- Lightning Reflexes

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"I can't get any divine inspiration on this accursed planet." Boli smiles at the man.

It is a smile of madness. The rictus grin of a man dying in ecstasy, the innocent smile of a child with the wisdom of an ancient sage, the wild exultation of a revelling gladiator as their blade severs the head of their foe, the satisfied smile of a medic who has saved a man's life just so they can live on and spread a plague that will infect millions. A smile of oncoming chaos.

Then he flips the table.

Declaring Icon of Blasphemy. Boli gains Fear(3) for one round. Assuming the table is light enough, flipping it up to block his aim. Then activating holo-field.

Initiative: 1d10+5=15

pre:
Boli
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
45     25     32    30    30     52      25      50     60     40

Wounds: 10/10        InfP: 4/4      Movement: 3
Armour: 0 (Holo-suit)     Toughness Bonus: 3
Dodge: 15, Parry: 75 with best balanced sword), Awareness: 25

Holo-suit: All attacks against Boli are at -20 to WS/BS. +30 concealment when stationary and another -20 to BS tests

Displacer Field: Protection 55, Overload 15
   ~~ Displaces 3d10 metres, 1d5 rounds "away" and 1 CP if a triple

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen  Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special
Flame Cannon      30m   S/-/-  1d10+4E    2    6/6    2/2   2Full   Flame, Spray, Recharge
CPR Grenade Lchr  60m   S/-/-                               2Full   Requires bracing
        ~~ Frags               2d10  X    0    6/6    1/2           Blast(3)
        ~~ Krak                2d10+4X    6    6/6    0/1           Concussive(0)  
Good Laspistol    30m   S/2/-  1d10+2E    0   30/30   2/2    Half   Reliable
Best VenomSword	  ---   ---    1d10+4R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Toxic(0)
If any of the troopers have started opening crates, they might find one of them is full of an angry robot with a multilas.

goatface fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 27, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Xanatova

"Oh come on now, it wasn't the daftest excuse." Fully aware both that the merc would try to shoot her, and that it was unlikely to penetrate her power armour, Xanatova swings at the merc with her servo arm.

Initiative 7, don't have Rapid Reaction.
(04:17:01) imouto: Waci: 7 (1d10+5=2)

Charging the merc in the room with us. 40 (WS) +20 (Charge) +5 (good craftsmanship) = TN 65. Assuming surprise doesn't really apply here.

pre:
40     30   30(50)  40    30     63      40      40     21

SB:5 TB:4 IntB:8 
Wounds: 11/11        IP: 5/5
Armour: All 8
Dodge TN 30
Precognitive Dodge TN 60 (unfettered)/ 75 (pushed)

Power Axe        -      -      1d10+10 E 6      -        -     -     Power Field, Unbalanced
Good Servo Arm   -      -      2d10+14 I 10     -        -     -     
Long Las         150m   S/-/-  1d10+3  E 1      40       1     Full  Accurate, Reliable, Felling (4), Red-dot Laser Sight, Ammo Glutton

Relevant Talents:
Die Hard
Technical Knock
Weapon Tech
The Quick and the Dead
Favoured by the Warp

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Pierre Loubieres

"How dare you raise your weapon at me!" Pierre sputters. "Do you know who I am?" He whips his sabre out of its scabbard in a practised movement, too fast for the eye to see. Holding the blade in front of him, he charges the Deep Black mercenary.

Quick Draw and charge the closest merc. Lucien can lay down some stubber fire on the other two in the middle of the yard.

(9:11:18 PM) imouto: MaliciousPumpkin: initiative (lightning reflexes): 7 (2d10=6, 1); 6+6=12
(9:12:37 PM) imouto: MaliciousPumpkin: initiative (lucien): 4 (1d10=4); 4+4=8
(9:14:09 PM) imouto: MaliciousPumpkin: vs 40 (lucien, rapid reaction): 46 (1d100=46) Failure

pre:
Pierre

WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Per  Int  WP   Fel  Inf
50   35   30   30   40   30   35   30   63   50

Wounds: 11/11            Dodge: 50
IP:     5/5              Armour: Head 7, Body 7, Arms 7, Legs 7
                         Refractor Field (30/10), Beguiling Gem (Opponents in melee must pass WP -10 test to make actions)

Laspistol  30m  S/2/-  1d10+2E  Pen.0  30/30  Reliable, Good-Craftsmanship
Sword      Melee       1d10+3R  Pen.2         Balanced, Best-Craftsmanship, Toxic (0), Cursed Metal
pre:
Lucien

WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Per  Int  WP   Fel
10   40   20   40   40   40   10   40   10

Wounds: 12/12            Dodge: 60
                         Armour: Head 8, Body 8, Arms 8, Legs 8

Heavy Stubber  100m  -/-/8  1d10+5I  Pen.3  75/75

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The Battle Begins:

As the Deep Black Mercs draw on the group, Lucretia who remained by the truck smoking a lho, quickly pounces into action. She draws her Crystal Casters and opens up, one shot goes wide, but draws the Merc's attention. He tries to step out of the way of the follow-up shot, but it sinks into his leg, causing him to stumble. Taking advantage of the situation, Pierre charges out into the open in the hopes of downing the mercenary. The sword comes down on his head, but due to the awkwardness of the charge, only does a small grazing wound on the merc's cheek.

Vincent swings into action, grabbing the autocannon and aiming at the other tower, but the weight of the cannon, plus not being used to using such equipment, causes the shots to hit the other tower harmlessly.

Both of the mercs, who had been running to go aid the Lieutenant, stop when Lucretia and Pierre begin their attack. They turn, and seeing that Lucien is the only visible target in the open, fire upon him. One merc goes wide, but the other's training kicks in, three bursts on over-charge lance out in a tight grouping right at the man's head. Two of them piece the helmet of his power armor and burn the face below, while the third is absorbed into the right arm.

Again, as Lucien is out in the open, the multilas euipped merc fires at the power armored man. Somehow most of the las bolts go wide, but one does nail Lucien in the leg, deeply penetrating the armor into the soft tissue below. A sickening *crack* is heard as Lucien's leg fractures in half above the knee, causing him to stumble and scream out in pain. Lucien is at -3 wounds. His leg is fractured, his movement is reduced to half, and he cannot run or charge.

Just as Vincent did nothing more than crumble the rockcrete of the opposing guard tower, so too does the autocannon wielding merc in said tower, raining auto-cannon shots down around the tower occupied the the duelist. Seeing that the autocannon in the northern tower is not friendly, the Redemptionist preacher orders for his men and women to charge the north tower. Their autogun fire is erratic and does nothing but make plink marks on the tower. However, the one redemptionist with the heavy flamer yells, "Burn heretic! How dare you Oppose Cliven the Voice!" Flame jumps out from the barrel, and immolates the entire tower. There is too much fire for Voncent to dodge out of the way, and wincing through the pain of his burning leg and flesh, realizes that his armor is bated in fire. Holy poo poo. So the heavy flamer rolls zealous Hatred, but you pass the test for negative effects. Unfortunately you fail both the dodge test to avoid the spray weapon AND the agility test to not be lit on fire.

Lucien, hoping to enact some Zealous Hatred of his own, blankets the courtyard in stubber fire, but manages to miss both of the mercs standing in the open. The merc that Pierre closed into combat with draws his hand cannon from his holster and tries to pop one in the disgraced goverernor, but the shot goes wide, as he is more rushed and panicked than he should be. The guard by the cave enterance tries to finish off Lucien with a plasma gun blast, but it strike the Chimera next to him.

Meanwhile Father Boli flips over the table while the Lieutenant fires off his hand cannon. The flip causes him to miss his aim, but only slightly. Xanatova charges the Lieutenant, but he quickly side-steps the Heretek, having recovered his composure. He smiles as he points the hand cannon at the tech-priest and fires, but still unnerved by Boli, he misses.

Finally the Guncutter descends upon the battlefield and makes one pass at the Redemptionists with the linked stubbers, but all the rounds impact the gravely ground around. It quickly hovers, allowing Corvax, Hashim, Ron, and Brutus to take the field.

Results below. If you have any question as to who is what, let me know. You can post your next attack as to what you're going to do during the next few rounds if you want. I need initiatives for Hashim, ron, and Brutus.

Lucretia
Boli
Pierre
Vincent 3/12 ON FIRE!!!!
courtyard 1
Courtyard 2
Multilas
Autocannon
Redemptionists
Lucien -3/12
Chimera guard 10/18
xanatova
Corvax
Plasma
Stubber
Officer fear against boli, -10 to all actions, cannot approch.

Red Borders-You:
Black-Vincent
Yellow-Pierre
Orange-Lucen
Grey Lucretia
Blue-Boli
Green-Xanatova
Blue diamond-Corvax
Black Diamond-Hashim
Brown circle- Ron
Purple Circle- Brutus

Grey Diamond- Autocannon

red-Redemptionist formation

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent throws himself into the slowly spreading lake of blood he had formed by murdering the previous two occupants of the towers. As he rolls around frantically to extinguish the fire, the small part of his mind not currently occupied with screaming, "FIRE FIRE FIRE FIRE!" was busy grumbling. Just once I'd like a mission to go smoothly. Without being set on fire or blasted by a xenos grenade.

Ok, well I'll be spending however many half actions it takes to put myself out. Not sure if the blood helps (or if there's something like a fire extinguisher handy), otherwise testing at 40-20=20 to stop being on fire. Also spending 2 IP to heal. 1d5-1 per point.

pre:

Wounds: 3/12      IP: 2/4

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Corvax takes the opportunity provided by the landing to bowl into the large group of redemptionists, hoping to scatter them before they pose a threat to him.

"Put yourself out and start taking out those damned towers, Vincent..."

Remember, you can opt to use IP as though you were a 30CP Slaanesh Follower if Corvax can spare a free action, so those heals are 1d5+1 instead.
Giving Vincent my +10 until he puts himself out, then I'll give it to... Hashim?
Lucretia keeps aiming and shooting at TN 70x2 until she runs out of targets in range, in which case she'll keep tac-moving to try to find more.
Corvax charges the horde and keeps single swinging at it until it's dead, since I think I can dodge the melta?. Can I forgo the size modifier bonus to aim for the melta user?
WS 60 + Charge 20 + Best Quality 10 = TN 90. Aimed Single Swings on the Horde are 90. Both of these are pre-size modifier.

pre:

The Void Harvester  Melee —      1d10+20E   Pen.8       Balanced, +10WS, Legacy of Excess 
							Power Field, Terrorizer
Relevant Traits/Talents
Terrorizer - User gains Fear (1) for the duration of the fight after killing an enemy.
Helmet Auto-Senses and CSM Heightened Senses = +20 to hearing/sight, fast called shots.
Chain Legguards
pre:

Qualities: Razor Sharp, Crippling (6), Shocking (-20) test if absorbed/deflected

Relevant Traits/Talents
Ambidextrous/2WW/Gunslinger, Quick Draw, Hip Shooting. Mighty Shot (included above)

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Oct 31, 2014

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Xanatova

"Mister Boli, if you're done redesigning the furnishings, I do believe we should kill this man." Looking at the frightened man, she swings her servo arm at him again in a wide arc.

Outside, Brutus the Hover-Ork jumps out of the guncutter and lands in the courtyard with a thump, its anti-gravity engines quiet except for a short hum to nudge it off the ship. Lifting the large autocannon integrated into its frame, the servitork fires at the most threatening target it can see.

Brutus' initiative: 10.
(14:16:13) Waci: .roll 1d10+2
(14:16:13) imouto: Waci1: 10 (1d10+2=8)

Xanatova will try thwack the dude with her servo-arm again, half action aim + standard attack. 40 (WS) +10 (standard attack) +10 (aim) +5 (weapon craftsmanship) = TN 65, 75 if Boli joins in.

Brutus will fire at the autocannon-wielding merc. Half action aim, semi-auto burst. 33 (BS) +10 (aim) +10 (short range) = TN 53.

pre:

Dodge TN 30

Power Axe        -      -      1d10+10 E 6      -        -     -     Power Field, Unbalanced
Long Las         150m   S/-/-  1d10+3  E 1      40       3     Full  Accurate, Reliable, Felling (4), Red-dot Laser Sight, Ammo Glutton

Relevant Talents:
Die Hard
Technical Knock
Weapon Tech
The Quick and the Dead
Favoured by the Warp
pre:
24     33     24    31    23     15      22      23     12

SB:2 TB:6 
Wounds: 12/12  
Armour: All 5
Dodge TN 33

M34 Autocannon   300m   S/3/-  3d10+8 I  6      20       3    2Full  Reliable

Relevant Talents and Traits:
Nerves of Steel
Rapid Reload
Lightning Reflexes
Disturbing Voice
Baleful Dirge
Auto-stabilised
Machine 4
Hoverer 6

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hashim

Even as he touched down, Hashim's jump pack was already spooling up with a shriek. Sighting the distant weapons emplacement, and seeing Corvax charging into the nearby group of foes already, he resolved to deal with said heavy weapons. Having just replaced multiple body parts due to cowardly foes resorting to explosions, Hashim had no desire to replace them again.

Bounding straight over the heads of the still rallying mercs in the courtyard, he recklessly closed at top speed towards the merc wielding a multilaser. "You dare point that at me? I will rip you in half!"

Initiative Roll(Lightning Reflexes):13:20:56 | <imouto> LordKoth: 16 (2d10=6, 10)
Initiative: 14 = 10+4

"Running"(60 m) east at a slight northerly angle. I believe that puts me slightly north and east of the black dot furthest from me.

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T     Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel  Inf
     55   40  75(11) 45(8)  40   35   25   50   35    31

Wounds: 20/20   IP: 3/3  Armour: 10 Body, 8 Elsewhere    Toughness Bonus: 8
Dodge: 50, Parry 80      Corruption: 34

Legion Bolter        100m  S/3/5;   1d10+9X     Pen.4  24/24 Tearing
Best Legion Flamer    20m  S/-/-;   1d10+9E     Pen 4  6/6   Flame, Spray, Reliable
Legion Power Sword   Melee -;       1d10+17E    Pen 6        Power Field, Balanced 
Good Lightning Claw  Melee -;       1d10+17E    Pen 8        Power Field, Proven(4), Special 
Best Forearm P.Blade Melee -;       1d10+13E    Pen 4        Power Field, Balanced, Defensive, Exotic

Relevant Traits/Talents/Equipment
-Chain Bandoliers: Any non-Power Field melee attack that hits the body must check to see if
 it is damaged as if being parried by a Power Weapon.
-When inflicting Zealous Hatred, may choose to reroll the crit result. Second result stands.
-Trophy Rack: Melee attacks directed against wearer take a -5 penalty to WS(subject to GM discretion).
 +10 on Intimidate checks, -10 on Stealth checks
-Illusion of Normalcy: Gain Unremarkable Trait; enemies are always Surprised when you attack(GM discretion).

Lord Koth fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Oct 31, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"Apologies." Boli draws his sword and gives it a flourish to ensure the toxins spread evenly across the blade. "I just felt the need for some drama."

Drawing sword and shanking the merc. 45 + 10 (standard) + 10 (best weapon) + 10 (ganging up) = 75

Ron

Ron hops down from the guncutter and finds Boli is not in sight. Someone he recognises is though, and - That man in the fire-y hat just said the "h" word. Better kill him and all his friends, other things can wait.

Ron is shooting the redemptionists. 35 + 10 (short range) - 10 full auto + 20 (magnitude?) = vs 55. If he runs out of those, he'll probably shoot the closest thing threatening someone he recognises as an ally.

Ron's initiative 1d10+5=8

pre:
Boli

Holo-suit: All attacks against Boli are at -20 to WS/BS. +30 concealment when stationary and another -20 to BS tests

Flame Cannon      30m   S/-/-  1d10+4E    2    6/6    2/2   2Full   Flame, Spray, Recharge
CPR Grenade Lchr  60m   S/-/-                               2Full   Requires bracing
Best VenomSword	  ---   ---    1d10+4R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Toxic(0)
pre:
Ron
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Loyalty
01     35     20  30(6)   30     10      35      13     01       70 

Wounds: 12/12        Movement: 6
Armour: 7 All (3 flak plates + 4 Machine)    Toughness Bonus: 6 
Dodge: 40, Parry: 01          Awareness: 40 (50 visual, darksight)

Weapon         Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo    Clips  Reload  Special
Multilaser     150m   -/-/5  2d10+10E   2   100/100   2/2    Full   Reliable

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Lucretia's Crystal Casters both leap in her hands. The first hit is dodged by the Deep Black Merc engaged with Pierre, but the second shot sinks into him causing him to curse. At the same time that the minion engages, Hashim jets right across the battlefield, no concern for the fact he was hopelessly exposed to all who would wish to fire upon him.

Vincent is still in shock about the whole being on fire thing, and proceeds to run around the tower as the flames and fire intensify. Fail WP test to act. After healing and taking more damage from the fire, at 8 wounds. Brutus lets go with a full volley from his auto-cannon at the enemy auto-cannon. The rounds punch through the rockcrete of the guard tower, and screaming and blood is seen from inside the tower, as the auto-gun tumbles out of the tower onto the ground. Brutus rolls well enough to hit with all three rounds. Mostly kills the guy, taking him to -3. That combined with a zealous hatred that broke his arm made me fiat him dead.

The two mercs in the courtyard see Hashim run past them, and one reports on the radio, "Shite, we got astartes, judging by the armor Legion. Focus fire! Focus Fire!" the shots from one go wide, while the other manages to land all three hits, only for the ceramite and improved body of the astartes to shrug it off. The one with the multi-laser follows suit, but the marine dodges most of the shots. This guy got 5 DoS, so all 5 shots, and initially you failed your dodge test. I rerolled and you got 4 DoS, so only hit once. You are down one IP, unless you'd rather keep it and have me roll the other 4x2d10+10 :suicide:

The Redemptionists turn their attention from their conflagration of the tower, satisfied that the heretic in there will burn to death, and turn to cleansing the traitor astartes. The dangerous melta belches out at Corvax but he barely dodges the super-heated particles. However the entire formation opens fire on the traitor, and he is rained with autogun fire from two dozen fanatics, all of which bounces off his armor. He reacts by charging the formation, and cleaving a redemptionist in two.

The rest of the courtyard erupts in fire, but everything from Ron, to Lucien, to the merc with the plasma gun all boringly go wide.

In the barracks Boli swings with his sword, and the officer, is unable to dodge the blow from the sword. While he is still reeling from the blow, Xanatova's massive servo-arm slams straight into the chest of the Lieutenant, and an audible *snap* is heard as the kinetic energy from the blow transfers straight to his sternum, breaking at least one rib. Coughing blood, he takes aim at the tech priest, but the round buries into the floor as his grip slips. Boli takes advantage of the situation and quickly cleaves straight up the man's torso. The sudden burst of blood causes the elderly man to loose his balance. Dude is dead, boli slips in blood, xanatova is fine.

Lucretia
Hashim 14/20
Boli Prone
Pierre
Vincent 8/12 1 lvl fatigue fatigue ON FIRE!!!!
Brutus
courtyard 1
Courtyard 2
Multilas
Redemptionists
Ron
Lucien -3/12
Chimera guard 7/18
xanatova
Corvax
Plasma
Stubber

Red Borders-You:
Black-Vincent
Yellow-Pierre
Orange-Lucen
Grey Lucretia
Blue-Boli
Green-Xanatova
Blue diamond-Corvax
Black Diamond-Hashim
Brown circle- Ron
Purple Circle- Brutus

red-Redemptionist formation 23/24

e: forgot to roll move Jolinaxas, you hit the formation once. also:

Jolinaxas posted:

Can I forgo the size modifier bonus to aim for the melta user?

These are using formation rules from Only War enemies of the Imperium, which only state that you hit as if hitting the most vulnerable. I think technically formations don't have size. You can hit the leader or the weapon dudes with either a called shot, or if you roll doubles on an attack to the horde.

Werix fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Nov 4, 2014

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Pierre Loubieres

The mercenary was keeping up with Pierre suprisingly well, a fact that frustrated the governor no end. Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the multi-laser spitting brightly coloured bolts of light into the courtyard, a little too close to Pierre for comfort. He yells over his shoulder, "Lucien! The cave!" before turning his attention back to the mercenary and launching a furious attack on the man.

All out attack on the merc, WS 50 + 30 (all out) + 10 (best craftsmanship) = 90. Lucien can make a supressing fire attack on the multi-las and plasma team (BS 30 to hit).

pre:
Pierre

WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Per  Int  WP   Fel  Inf
50   35   30   30   40   30   35   30   63   50

Wounds: 11/11            Dodge: 50
IP:     5/5              Armour: Head 7, Body 7, Arms 7, Legs 7
CP:     27               Refractor Field (30/10), Beguiling Gem (Opponents in melee must pass WP -10 test to make actions)

Laspistol  30m  S/2/-  1d10+2E  Pen.0  30/30  Reliable, Good-Craftsmanship
Sword      Melee       1d10+4R  Pen.2         Balanced, Best-Craftsmanship, Toxic (0), Cursed Metal
pre:
Lucien

WS   BS   S    T    Ag   Per  Int  WP   Fel
10   40   20   40   40   40   10   40   10

Wounds: -3/12            Dodge: 60
                         Armour: Head 8, Body 8, Arms 8, Legs 8

Heavy Stubber  100m  -/-/8  1d10+5I  Pen.3  75/75

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Hashim

Ignoring the patter of las-fire coming from his right, Hashim kept his focus on his target. Good thing too, given the man's hyper-accurate fire with that heavy weapon. Spiraling in the air, he just managed to dodge almost the entirety of the fire, though the last one caught him. Exhilarated at this foe proving at least mildly worthy, Hashim grinned as he boosted to the top of the tower, coming down like a thunderbolt on the man.

"HA! A good shot. Perhaps your skull won't be as worthless an offering as I feared." Lightning Claw leading to eviscerate the man and the entirety of his armoured form following, he couldn't help but laugh.

Charging the guy with the multilaser in the tower. Standing next to the plasma gunner too if I can manage it.

WS 55 + 30[Berserk Charge] + 10[Standard Attack] + 5[Good Craftmanship] = 100

Raptor adds 1d10(max 2d10) additional damage per 2 degrees of success.

pre:
     WS   BS   S      T     Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel  Inf
     55   40  75(11) 45(8)  40   35   25   50   35    31

Wounds: 20/20   IP: 2/3  Armour: 10 Body, 8 Elsewhere    Toughness Bonus: 8
Dodge: 50, Parry 80      Corruption: 34

Legion Bolter        100m  S/3/5;   1d10+9X     Pen.4  24/24 Tearing
Best Legion Flamer    20m  S/-/-;   1d10+9E     Pen 4  6/6   Flame, Spray, Reliable
Legion Power Sword   Melee -;       1d10+17E    Pen 6        Power Field, Balanced 
Good Lightning Claw  Melee -;       1d10+17E    Pen 8        Power Field, Proven(4), Special 
Best Forearm P.Blade Melee -;       1d10+13E    Pen 4        Power Field, Balanced, Defensive, Exotic

Relevant Traits/Talents/Equipment
-Chain Bandoliers: Any non-Power Field melee attack that hits the body must check to see if
 it is damaged as if being parried by a Power Weapon.
-When inflicting Zealous Hatred, may choose to reroll the crit result. Second result stands.
-Trophy Rack: Melee attacks directed against wearer take a -5 penalty to WS(subject to GM discretion).
 +10 on Intimidate checks, -10 on Stealth checks
-Illusion of Normalcy: Gain Unremarkable Trait; enemies are always Surprised when you attack(GM discretion).

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

The flames were blinding and not a little bit distracting. Vincent fails around looking for the pool of blood.

Same thing, minus the IP this time. With the +10 it's a 50 for WP and a 30 for AGI to get unfired.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli

"Buggery gently caress all bastards." Boli hauls himself to his feet, sheaths his sword and dusts himself down. "Well, that was embarrassing. I've not seen one gush like that for some time. Too long perhaps. We should probably see who's coming to kill us."

Boli stands and moves to the door (?), sheathes sword, draws flamer.

Ron

Missing. More accuracy required.

Shooting the redemptionists. 35 + 10 (short range) + 10 (half aim) - 10 full auto = vs 45

pre:
Boli

pre:
Ron
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Loyalty
01     35     20  30(6)   30     10      35      13     01       70 

Wounds: 12/12        Movement: 6
Armour: 7 All (3 flak plates + 4 Machine)    Toughness Bonus: 6 
Dodge: 40, Parry: 01          Awareness: 40 (50 visual, darksight)

Weapon         Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo    Clips  Reload  Special
Multilaser     150m   -/-/5  2d10+10E   2    95/100   2/2    Full   Reliable

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Watching the autogun fire bounce harmlessly off of him, Corvax rushed through the throng to swing at the redemptionist bearing a meltagun - even if inexpertly fired, his ceramite plating would do little to blunt its damage.

"Yes... focus. Meditate on your imminent death."

Dead redemptionist = Corvax gains Fear (1)
Lucretia keeps aiming and shooting at TN 70x2 until she runs out of targets in range, in which case she'll keep tac-moving to try to find more.
Aiming at the melta guy and calling a shot. Willing to spend infamy both on hitting him, and avoiding melta fire.
WS 60 + Aimed Called Shot 0 + Best Quality 10 = TN 70.

pre:

Power Field, Terrorizer
Relevant Traits/Talents
Chain Legguards
pre:

Relevant Traits/Talents

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Xanatova

Pleased at the poor man's misfortune, Xanatova smiles and turns around, crouching near an east-facing window.

Out in the courtyard, Brutus adjusts its aim slightly before firing another burst at the deceased heavy gunner's friend.

rutus will fire at the merc with the heavy stubber. Half action aim, semi-auto burst. 33 (BS) +10 (aim) +10 (short range) = TN 53.

pre:

Dodge TN 30

Long Las         150m   S/-/-  1d10+3  E 1      40       3     Full  Accurate, Reliable, Felling (4), Red-dot Laser Sight, Ammo Glutton

Relevant Talents:
Die Hard
Technical Knock
Weapon Tech
The Quick and the Dead
Favoured by the Warp
pre:
24     33     24    31    23     15      22      23     12

SB:2 TB:6 
Wounds: 12/12  
Armour: All 5
Dodge TN 33

M34 Autocannon   300m   S/3/-  3d10+8 I  6      20       3    2Full  Reliable

Relevant Talents and Traits:
Nerves of Steel
Rapid Reload
Lightning Reflexes
Disturbing Voice
Baleful Dirge
Auto-stabilised
Machine 4
Hoverer 6

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Continuing her actions, Lucretia continues to fire at the merc that Pierre is engaged with, but with the noble in the way, she can't land a good shot upon him. Hashim makes good on his promise of collecting a skull. He bounds at the merc with the multi-laser, using his jump pack to add additional momentum to his attack at the end. His power claw passes right through the head of the man, the field essentially burning and evaporating the man's head at the same time. (You did 44 damage on top of one of your raptor dice triggering a ZH, so yeah, he pulped.)

Boli begins his movement outside of the barracks, his robe dripping in blood, while Pierre tries to finish off the one merc left in front of him. His sword falls down upon the man's leg, severing the kneecap from the leg. Boiling blood can be seen as the toxins coating the blade take effect, and the man expires from a combination of shock and toxins. Meanwhile Vincent continues to flail around while on fire up in the tower, which is quickly filling with smoke. Thankfully the autocannon ammo hasn't cooked off, yet. (Since last round I forgot to reduce the fire damage by toughness, I gave you the benefit and reversed the damage. This round the fire only did one damage to you after toughness.)

The courtyard erupts in gunfire. First Brutus tries to replicate his (its?) success with the autocannon merc, and duplicates his sucess, with one autocannon round cleanly, or as cleanly as an autocannon can, removing his head. The two mercs standing in front of the barracks take aim at Pierre to avenge their fallen comrade. One misses the disgraced governor, while the other's weapon, still on overload from attacking the power-armored Lucien, suddenly has his weapon fail on him. Between the onslaught from Ron and Corvax, the redemptionists realize that faith in the Emperor won't make the lasfire hurt any less and they scatter. The lead redemptionist tries to rally them back together, but Corvax easily puts and end to him.

With the harassment from the towers ended, and the majority of the redemptionists dead of fleeing through the now opened main gates, it takes little work to clean up the remaining three mercs. With the courtyard secured, the guncutter lands, to allow for the provision of support and first aid.

The first thought in Pierre's mind is the Chimera, and since it will not fit in the caves up ahead, he quickly runs into the barracks, finds the key, and instructs Lucien to drive it into the hold of the guncutter taking it mostly up. Hashim quickly jets across the fortress, and braving the flames, extracts his fellow Khornate from the tower, memories of his own recent death still fresh in mind.

The group quickly falls into formation, and makes their way into the cave. They are greeted by a long tunnel, which goes forward for several hundred meters. with an ever downward elevation. They finally come to a room with a old, yet functional elevator further down.

What is also of note is nearby the elevators are two minecarts with prison cells built on them. Once contains a rather frail looking Slaaneshi, and the other the oozing form of a Nurgle Sorcerer.

okay, that combat got finished quickly. Dyne and govtcheese may now post. Beg/ask to be let out.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Cap'n Dash Lightning

The smaller man is lying back on a makeshift cot made of filthy fabrics. "Heh, look, Father, it appears room service has finally arrived. Looks like the doormen were a bit grumpy."

quote:

Alignment: Slaanesh
Pride: Charm
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Perfection

Characteristics:
WS 25=25+0+3Ren-3per
BS 55=25+17+3Ren+10xp
STR 30=25+5
TOU 40=25+20-5 Charm
AGI 60=25+20+5per+10xp
INT 35=25+10-5 Hubris+5exp
WIL 35=25+8-3per+5exp
PER 30=25+5
FEL 50=25+15+5charm+5xp
INF 77=19+22+5bonus+2Hubris+1http://orokos.com/roll/225901+5Monestary+2anniverary+10 corrupt planet w election++2 Wreck Sisters and meet Tzeench demon prince+8merc necron lord+3 roll musing's space station
COR 40=16+5bonus+5Monestary+2anniversary+5corrupt planet with election+3 Wreck Sisters and meet Tzeench demon prince+5 roll musing's space station

Wounds 11: http://orokos.com/roll/225902

Skills:
Acrobatics
Athletics
Awareness
Charm
Command
Common Lore (Imperial Navy, Imperium, War)
Deceive+10
Dodge+20
Inquiry
Navigate (Space)
Operate (Surface, Flyer*, Spacecraft)
Parry
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)
Security
Stealth+10
Tech Use
Trade (Voidsman)

Talents:
Catfall
Doubleteam
Greater Minion
Heightened Senses (Sight, Hearing)
Hipshooting
Jaded
Lightning Reflexes
Marksman
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload,
Sprint
Superior Minion
Step Aside
Target Selection
Weapon Training (Bolt, Chain, Flame, Las, Plasma, Primary, SP)

Traits:
Adroit (agility): +1 DoS on Agility based rolls
*Mastery of Small Craft May reroll all failed Op (Flyer) tests
Quick and the dead: +2 to init

Gear:
C.Craftsmanship Plasmagun
Common Craftsmanship Bolt Pistol,
Best Craftsmanship Chainsword
Carapace Armour
Medikit
Dataslate with annotated version of Tactica Imperialis
Cybernetic Senses x4*
-G.Q. Ears
-Internal Microbead
-G.Q. Eyes
-Darksight
Conversion Field*
Best Quality MIU*
G.Quality Jumppack*
*-20 Acquisition.
Cameoline cloak
multikey
Combitool

quote:

Exp: 8300/10050

Characteristics:

BS+5 250
BS+10 500
Agi+5 250
Agi+10 500
Fel+5 250
Int+5 250
Wil+5 250

Skills:
Acrobatics 200
Charm 200
Deceive 200
Navigate (Space) 200
Dodge+10 200
Inquiry 200
Deceive+10 200
Dodge+20 400
Stealth+10 350

Talents:
L.Reflexes 250
Step Aside 750
WT Plasma 250
Greater Minion 750
Sprint 400
Superior Minion 750
Target Selection 750

God Alignment
Slaanesh 8
Tzeench: 1
All others: 0

quote:

Trixie Flatline -Harridan/Dead Pilot/Machine Spirit/Psychic Flotsam/Some Combination thereof.

~UguuuAAAH-

ws 28=33-5
bs 37
str (38)28-5
tou 38
agi 42=37+5
int 35=30+5
per 29
wil 34
fel 34

9 skill ranks

Dodge +10
Security
Techuse+10
stealth
Operate aeronautica
perception
Deceive

Camoline cloak
multikey
Combitool

11 talents

hotshot pilot
hipshooting
foresight
jaded
marksman
lightning reflexes
wisdom of the ancients*
(* I'm 5 short of the int requirements, but it seems to fit for the PC, dunno if this is okay with you?)
stepaside
mimic
wt soul cannon,doom siren

7 traits

phase (2)
mono devotant
Machine 6
fear 2
from beyond
stuff of nightmares

equipment**
soul cannon w/cursed metal
doom siren w/cursed metal
Full carapace+helmet senses

**This is less physical equipment and more manifestation of 2spooky banshee ghost stuff.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Mar 3, 2019

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Father Jaizon

The plagued marine opens his eyes with a yawn as he stirs from his slumber, blinking his eyes blearily as he comes fully to. "Say again, Dash?" He turns to the approaching warband and perks up, clambering from his knees. "Ahhh, it looks like we have visitors. Welcome, welcome!" He smiles from ear to ear, his skin crackling and splitting as he does so, before seemingly mending. "See, Captain? I told you that we need only be patient, and we would find those who share our path." He moves to the bars and leans against them, still smiling.

"I suppose you are here with some interest in the Son of Magnus that had imprisoned us, which has dampened my attempts at ministry. Though, mercifully, Dash has relented in letting me preach to him, even if he would not accept the gospel in his heart." He chuckles, motioning to Dash in the other cage. "Now then. Would you care for the assistance of a pirate prince and a lowly minister of Grandfather Nurgle? We hold no love for our captor, so we'd be more than happy to aid you."

I have Illusion of Normalcy so even though I'm plagued as gently caress I shouldn't actually look it. :v:

Name: Father Jaizon
Archetype: Sorcerer
Position: Astropath
Pride: Fortitude
Disgrace: Gluttony
Motivation: Perfection

WS 45 (30+5+20)
BS 30
S 50 (30+20)
T 65 (30+5+20+10)
Ag 32 (30-3-5+10)
Int 37 (30-3+10)
Per 37 (30-3+10)
WP 50 (30+20)
Fel 17 (30-3+10-20)

Wounds: 25/25
Infamy: 56
Corruption: 27

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness
Common Lore (War)
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Heresy, Daemonology, The Horus Heresy and the Long War, Psykers)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Psyniscience,
Scholastic Lore (Occult, Cryptology)
Scrutiny
Talents:
Ambidextrous
Bulging Biceps
Legion Weapon Training
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Nerves of Steel
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior
Psy Rating (x4)
Mimic
Unremarkable

Trait:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+5)
Bound Sorcerer
Nurgle Wizard - Use toughness instead of willpower for spells; does not count unnatural toughness for DoS.
Stuff of Nightmares - Immune to stunning, suffocation, poison, disease, environmental hazards, and bleeding. Can not be outright killed by a critical effect unless caused by holy or psychic means.

Gifts:
Illusion of Normalcy
Mark of Nurgle

Powers:
Doombolt - +20 test, 20m x PR, extra bolt every 2 DoS, 1d10+4 E Pen 8
Leper's Curse - +20 test, 5m x PR, deals an automatic rending critical hit equal to 1d10
Rain of Foulness - +20 test, 20m x PR, blast with radius of 1+DoS, 1d10+7 I, Pen PR, Toxic 3, make pinning test
Choir of Poxes - Opposed +10 test, foes must make an opposing toughness test; heightend senses (hearing) imposes a -10 penalty; failing causes 1d10+PR and stuns for one round
Field of Pestilence - +0 test, 5m x PR radius, all creatures moving near sorcerer must pass a -10 agility test or fall down
Inviolable Flesh - +0 test, gain bonus unnatural toughness equal to Psy Rating, -10 agility
Nurgle's Rot - +20 test, 5m x PR radius, 1d10+PR+Corruption Bonus, Toxic 4, ignores non-environmentally sealed armor. Inflicts Nurgle's Rot. Causes everyone around sorcerer to suffer -5 to all tests.

Diseases:
Festering Shroud - infects people within 7m, they must make a toughness test or suffer 1d5 on the impact crit table, adding +1 to the roll for every DoF beyond the first
Nurgle's Rot - 10m, 2d10 E, Pen 2, corrosive, spray, toxic 2; rolling two 7's on damage causes one to explode

Equipment
Legionnaire Power Armour
Legionnaire Bolter
Legionnaire Combat Knife
Legionnaire Bolt Pistol
Power Scythe
Force Sword
Psy-Focus

Acquisitions:
Festering Shroud (Disease) (-20)
Power Scythe w/ Storm Field Generator (-20)
Chain Hammer (-20)
Trophy Rack (-20)
Two Skulls of Imperial Saints (-20)

Experience 4100/5050
Rain of Foulness PSYKER XP NURGLE
Leper's Curse PSYKER XP NURGLE
Choir of Poxes 100 NURGLE
Field of Pestilence 300 NURGLE
Inviolable Flesh 200 NURGLE
T+5 100 NURGLE
T+10 250 NURGLE
Medicae 100 NURGLE
Medicae +10 200 NURGLE
Intimidate 100 NURGLE
Intimidate +10 200 NURGLE
Survival 100 NURGLE
Survival +10 200 NURGLE
Disturbing Voice 200 NURGLE
Sound Constitution 200 NURGLE
Fearless 400 NURGLE
Master Chiurgeon 400 NURGLE
War Cry 400 NURGLE
Nurgle's Rot 400 NURGLE

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Feb 4, 2015

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Dash

"What Papa over here said and for the love of the Gods let us out of here we can show you all sorts of amazing thing to kill and loot."
Dash holds his head and inhales. "The guy running the place is an rear end in a top hat, want a guided tour of facilities?"

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Nov 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

Corvax regards the two jailed heretics with interest.

"I see. A Thousand Suns legionnaire, you say? Is he caged further down?"

He began to grab hold of the cages before he realized that if Astartes physiology was enough to break the bars, the surprisingly clean-looking Nurgle worshipper would have done so already.

"Well, I doubt they're working for the redemptionists. Or this Cliven fellow. Not with their obvious allegiances. I see no problem with letting them out."