Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«48 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007


Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:01

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova quietly wonders how did something like thta happen. Accidentally venting a section of a space ship seemed like something that shouldn't happen. Her previous ship had included orks in the bridge crew and even they had managed not to do anything quite so disastrous.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

"For that matter, where can the hold be vented from and are there any access locks for those controls?" Frowning at the tedious thought of having to possibly hunt down an Imperial rat, Hashim drops his preferred mannerisms for the time being.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

The Magos speaks up, ++The controls for the evacuation bay are on the bridge. It is an unlabeled innocuous button, as a large sign saying 'press this to dump your illegal goods' would not be helpful if boarded. There is no safety lock, since the point is to be able to quickly dump the entire holds in the event of Imperial Suspicion. There is also no other button that does so.++ The Magos glowing green eyes flicker off for a second then come back on, ++As we are not underway, and were awaiting you, the logs state the only individual assigned for duty on the bridge was Mr. Tibur++

Tibur's eyes go wide and he starts to stammer, "Well, yeah, but I brought dose of you not wanting to poke around directly here, remember?" he looks to Corvax and Lysandra who came with Tibur to the briefing room. "An' like the Magers says, dare is only the one button on the bridge! Logs be different than like a auspex scan. Log only says who i' on duty, not if day actually there! We got like an auspex or something Magers?"

Magos Uther's eyes blink off and then on again, "++as proper void faring preparations have not been completed yet, as we have not gone into the void, the holo-recorders and the auspex were not activated. The door logs show the doors opening. Then 55.8 seconds later they opened again, when I assume everyone left. Then 4.57 minutes later they opened, shortly AFTER the bays were evacuated. As such whomever did so must have stayed behind from our new group and activated the evacuation bay.++

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

"Well, whoever that was, it wasn't our good bosun, Mr. Tibur. He came on the tour of the ship with me. We saw the fighting pits - nothing to write home about."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007


Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:01

Tindalos
May 1, 2008


Namtar Thrice-Born

"Killing by the void is full of terror and sorrow, leaving victims choking as they lose air. The evidence points to me. The crew may corroborate that I was in the hold during that period, but I fully accept any suspicion that may be cast around while we recover the lost cargo.", with Namtar's voice amplified by his suit's vox, it's impossible to detect any trace of sarcasm, although the way he leans against the bulkhead he obviously feels no threats are incoming.

"If you are still prepared to take my advice, I would recomend we invest in a servitor reclamation facility when we can, to limit the losses caused by such a misfortune."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Boli

"Just let me make sure that an old man has understood the situation. You can press one button, and it vents part of the ship? No confirmation at all? Maybe another button you have to press at the same time? What else, one lever that overloads the main reactors? A toilet that turns off all the life support if you flush it twice? An automated beacon that screams 'Ahoy there! We're the enemy!' whenever we're in a hostile port?"

Boli shakes his head, removes his glasses and pinches the bridge of his nose.

"What idiot designs these bloody things?"

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

"One who assumes the bridge crew would bother to find out what an unknown button does before pushing it, I guess."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Boli

Boli throws his hands in the air.

"Have they never heard of mutiny? Of sabotage? Of domination, possession and whatever else you people can do? Of volitor implants and hypnotic suggestion? The thing's a menace."

He finishes his rant, finger pointing at nothing in particular until he notices it, at which point he coughs, collects himself and sits back down.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

"One assumes the bridge crew is entirely competent. If this happens again and we are found wasting life for no clear gain I will find out and I will make sure that the bridge crew is...improved."

Tindalos
May 1, 2008


Namtar Thrice-Born

"It is an emergency procedure. Making it take a lengthy time would make it less helpful in an emergency. If you want, I can find a trio of ratings and have them watch over the button and each other at all times. Give them orders to shoot anyone other than us who attempts to press the button."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007


Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:02

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010


Lysandra

The young woman stands at Corvax's side, her hands folded calmly as she listens to the others speak. "I agree with Father Boli." She finally says, raising her voice slightly to be heard above the deep voices of the Legionnaires. "Magos," she makes the sign of the cog in Uther's direction, speaking a series of honorifics aloud in a passable imitation of techna-lingua, "can the controls to the hold be modified and disguised with some basic failsafes? That should suffice for the moment. In the meantime, we have either a saboteur or an incompetent in our midst, and either is intolerable. I will perform the investigation myself, if it please the captain." She bows her head to Corvax.

"In the meantime, we must discuss several matters of protocol. To begin with, the ship needs a name." She smiles at the assembled officers. "While the 'Abominable Sovereign' is wonderfully intimidating, I fear it would give the game away, so to speak. We have a variable figurehead, let us take advantage of it - under what name shall we arrive at Scintilla?"

"On the same note," She nods respectfully at the gathered Marines and tilts her head. "you stand out, Legionaries. We all know that, but it must be dealt with. We need a plan to conceal your presence, should Imperial officials or dignitaries come aboard. I would suggest that each of you choose proxies to appear in your stead from amongst the crew, should someone ask to meet with, say, our chief of medicae or master of soldiers. I will of course represent the captain, if he wishes that I do so."

"Lastly, we should establish a cover story. Worthless and unimportant the Warrant Deche may have been, but it is still a Warrant of Trade, and thus it will be in the sector databanks and not below notice. If I understand the situation correctly the Warrant will be integral to our ability to move freely in Imperial space - we need a story as to why the good Father Deche is not with us, and who are we to wield its power in his name."

She looks around the room, hands still folded demurely in front of her.

Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Mechanicus) vs. 50 to speak to Uther with the correct protocol?

TehWarsmith fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2013 around 04:07

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Vorgash waits for silence before uttering his advice in a tone that matched the young woman.

"The Final Solace. Our crew is the last desperate hope of our dear patron who even now wages a terrible battle against the traitorous force of chaos on a world far from here. We do our best to marshal loyal forces to our cause to rally at his side and ensure his economic power grows strong to maintain the war effort. We do what we must to ensure the darkness does not slide any further on this world. That the taint of the warp does not claim another innocent. Our ships and our crew is his last and best hope. The tiny candle in the darkness."

kingcom fucked around with this message at Jun 3, 2013 around 04:37

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

Hieronymus Schecte

Hieronymus weighs his options carefully before speaking. Revealing his little mistake could have unpleasant consequences. On the other hand he was the obvious suspect and the damnable psyker already suspected. Threebags wouldn't be the only one who would remember Schecte mentioning the bridge. It wouldn't do to have one of the crew finding out and having some sort of leverage against him.

"If I may interrupt before we move on, I'm afraid I must end your investigation before it begins. Clearly I am the only one who had reason to be on the bridge, and it was I who vented the hold. As this is an Imperial craft I assumed it would have proper failsafes rather than a button that immediately exposes our crew to the void. I'll expect to be informed of any other such useful modifications."

"Now, Brother Corax, if you wish to make your first action as Captain the press-ganging of your pilot over some lost rations, that is your choice, but I agree with the Lady Lysandra. we have more important matters to attend to."

Well that went well. I know we all want some in character intrigue but I figured we could nip this in the bud and keep moving on. Sorry for not being more active, been a busy weekend. I love the corrupt ship idea, I seem to recall reading rules for ship mutations somewhere, will have to see if I can dig them up.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

At the announcement of his murder of the crew Vorgash dives forward and grabs the little mortal, slamming him against the console with his armoured body. His voice surprising steady for his reaction.

"Rations? You think we care about rations? You killed them for no reason because of your ignorance. You do that again. You let any of this crew die because of your ignorance or cowardice and I will crush that tiny windpipe of yours. Do I make myself clear?"

He looks towards the captain to give the order to release him.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova is not sure whether to be amused or terrified. She ends up sighing quietly and looks at the man pinned under the space marine. "Congratulations, you have managed to make orks look cautious and possessed of common sense in comparison."

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010


Lysandra

Lysa's only response to the sudden events is to blink, once. She keeps her fingers steepled on the table, the sleeves of her red robes pooling at the edge, as she awaits Corvax's word on the matter. What an interesting individual this legionary is. To care for the lives of lesser beings so. That is most unusual for an Astartes, especially one fallen from the Imperium's service. Is it only the waste of resources that angers him, she wonders, or does he truly care for the mortal crew of the vessel? She cannot read these Astartes like she can other men.

She will have to speak with him at length once they are under way. She hopes she can find the time.

There is so very much to do.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007


Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:02

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

All eyes were upon him. By all means, he should allow Vorgash to destroy him. But all factors must be considered. He attracted Aethun's attention due to his skill as a pilot, and mercy would bind the man to him utterly. Still, he had to do something - to let Schecte off without any issue would make him seem arbitrary and weak, and that would not do.

"Schecte, your confession means that no -more- resources will be wasted finding you out. It is for this reason that you -may- live to hopefully never disappoint me again. From what I've observed throughout the ship, I understand that there is a fighting pit. You shall be given a single weapon of your choice, and will fight a single crewman, picked by the ratings as a whole. It is only fair they receive an opportunity to pay back the loss of their colleagues."

He walked over to where Vorgash held the human. Slowly.

"Vorgash, release him. He has places to be. Tibur, see to it that the men choose a representative."

This was the best solution to the problem. Let the crew think that their captain respected their lives. Let Schecte, who failed through ignorance rather than malice, prove himself more than worthless. Let the senior crew know that they could not do as they wished with impunity.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

All it would take is a single flick of his wrist and he could snap his neck. So little effort to remove this uncaring monster from the universe.

That wasn't what he was born to do. He was not an animal bred for bloodshed. He made, granted wisdom and intellect by the dead Emperor of Mankind. Killing him would not improve anything nor bring back the dead.

Whatever he was called, traitor, witch, heretic. He was first and foremost a Space Marine, and his commanding officer had just given him an order.

He pulled back just as quickly as he had rushed the man.

"If this we're an Imperial vessel you would be dead. We have left that foolish way of thinking behind us. I hope you understand the value of what you have just been given."

Vorgash stepped back to his original position in the group.

"He can fight in transit, I will be able to watch that way. I believe we have a mission my Lord?"

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

"Indeed we do. And all who care to, except those in operations-essential positions, may watch, either in person or by pict-caster. As Brother Ironstag suggests, Mr. Schecte, and any of us for that matter, need to be appraised of any non-standard modifications, especially those unmarked for purposes of discretion."

Corvax, having stood to order Vorgash to spare the man's life, walked past them and into the Lord-Captain's command throne on the bridge.

"Now that that problem is solved, instruct the men to finish preparations. I will not wait to embark for Scintilla for any longer than is absolutely necessary. Lysandra, with your investigation over before it started, the other issues you brought up deserve our attention. Unless there are any other suggestions, Vorgash's name seems apt."

He inspected the throne, making note to obtain a data-slate regarding its functions as soon as possible, so that he did not make the same mistake his helmsman did.

"As for the Legionary presence on the ship, we will take steps to conceal ourselves, should we be boarded by any sort of investigative force. My suggestions of both ordinary means of concealment, complimented by warp-sorcery, made while we met with Aethun still stand. And each of us must have an ordinary human prepared to assume the appearance of our post. I will consider your request to serve me in that capacity. As for the problems surrounding the warrant, I leave that in your hands."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent sits impassively throughout the drama playing out before him. He'd lived long enough with nobles to see how quick the strong were willing to attack the weak when they perceived a mistake. He had no doubt in his mind it was an honest mistake, which almost surprises him. It had been a long time since he had been willing to give any highborn the benefit of the doubt. It had also been a long time since he had heard a noble actually face up to his mistakes. Despite himself, he finds that he is more positively inclined towards the Void-master.

He only has one questions, and directs it at the mask-wearing woman, "Lady Olivia, do we have enough food without those rations to sustain us until we next port?" He then speaks directly to the captain, turning his body enough so that he can see Hashim's reaction. "Captain, I can stand for Lord Hashim as Arch-Militant should we be inspected. If he has no objections of course."

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

After confirming where the number and location of all of this evacuation bay's controls, Hashim was perfectly content to let the others figure out what the hell had happened. He despised investigating; better to let another do it and just be the one to deal out the sentence. Of course, as the revelation that it was their pilot being an idiot that caused it, he couldn't help but snort in disgust. So the one acting as their pilot just started randomly pushing buttons to figure out what they did? That certainly boded well for their continued existence. Still, there was a point to be had that unusual alterations should probably be brought to the command staff's attention. With the issue resolved, though he would certainly watch the fight with interest, he was glad when the conference turned to dealing with their mission.

At Vincent's suggestion, Hashim let out a brief laugh. "HA! Me object to you having to attend functions and deal with dignitaries? Feel free."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Boli

The warrant troubled Boli. They were spoken of in hushed tones, rumoured to grant the power to commandeer a planet's worth of Imperial Guard, to grant the holder access to ancient and arcane technologies, and to provide them with knowledge that would shatter the minds of mortal men. It was probably all so much bullshit, but the realities were not something that most people knew about, himself included.

He turns to Lysandra once the entertainment had concluded.

"This Deche. Do we know if he had family? I believe warrants are hereditary, and it would be a trivial lie to insert one of us into the role of an inheritor. Not myself, I'm too old. In fact, you would probably be the leading candidate if you are to be the Captain's mouthpiece. You're even young enough that you would have a credible excuse should we be unfortunate enough to run into someone who remembers him."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Magos Uther looks at the group, ++You want a failsafe on the device designed to quickly and efficiently expel contraband? Would you like me to hold all your genitals for you when you use the restrooms? I will not install a failsafe, but I will gladly show all of you the button, so you don't make the same mistake as our esteemed pilot. The rest of the controls are standard save the Variable figurehead and the Empyrean Mantle, which I now believe requires in depth explanations. The Empyrean mantle has no controls to activate it, and instead autaomatically triggers when the ship is in silent running, so you won't be screwing it up.++

Uther pauses before continuing, ++The variable figurehead is an interesting design. The tech priests of Mars are nothing if not uninventive, as such, spacecraft often look the same. In the vastness of space, one Sword class frigate looks like another one from even 5 VUs away. However, figureheads are pieces of art, and unique from ship to ship and used to identify them. Our figurehead here is a highly complex, and illegal, mechanism that at the press of a button reconfigures the figurehead into one of five different takes on the Aquila figurehead. One is a replica of this ship's original figurehead, and the others are each unique, so as to basically give the ship five different covers. Keep in mind the device is slow, so you don't want to use it after you need it, since the other party will see it move, but before.

After the Magos falls silent, Olivia answers Vincent, "Mi'lord, the food was in void sealed shipping containers, as we speak, voidsmen in lighters are retrieving the food. The crewmen is another matter. While Lord Aethun is prepared to help us replace losses, he did not expect us to loose any before leaving the station, and this has none to spare. His station-side rep said our Dark Lord is very upset."

The in character side thread is live!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

He stands unmoving as Olivia explains the to problems to the crew.

"Then we have a secondary task on our mission it seems. There is a cult we are to make contact with correct? That combined with a highly populated Imperial world seems ripe for recruiting new additions to the crew. I'm sure we can take advantage if the opportunity presents itself."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Okay, I want to get this moving on into warp, but before I do, I want to get the actual procedure for traveling in the warp down. Since I am a masochist, I decided I will use the longer rules from the Navis Primer. Here are the stages and the changes I shall make:

I shall do the route stability and the estimated time as usual. Sometimes it will be set, othertimes I'll use the random table. This of course, is kept secret.

Stage one: Divining the Auguries: This shall have the same effects of being able to give the right time and stability as usual. If our "navigator" uses a ritual, he gets the normal +10. He can also get bonuses for using charts. However, since he is not a house Navigator, he must pass a Scholastic Lore(Navis Nobilite) or Forbidden Lore (Navigators) test to use normal navigator charts. Other more Daemonic charts can be made or acquired, which will use other skills.

Stage two: Translation:Warding Ill tidings is as usual, though the ward will probably be a sacrifice or something, I leave that to our captain. Omens works as normal. The willpower-based Effects of translation is unchanged, since that's the fun part.

Stage Three: Locating the Astronomican: This one obviously is changed. This will represent the navigator conferring with dark forces to provide him with a stable route, above and beyond what is done in stage One with using charts. How he does it is up to the navigator, but it will require some form of Forbidden Lore skill check, like daemons if binding a minor daemon to a host.

Stage four: Navigation: will work as usual

Stage five: exiting the warp: is also unchanged.

I was tempted to use the "playing without a navigator rules on page 35 of the primer, but you guys DO have a navigator, even if they're a witch.

I'll leave this up for one day to get comments and feedback, especially from you, kingcom, and then translation A-ho! That said, Jolinaxas, give us our stage two Warding of ill tidings. You only need to describe it once, after that I'll assume it is done everytime unless like an emergency jump. If you don't have the Navis Primer kingcom, then let someone know on #acolyte and someone can probably fill you in on the rules.


Thanks to kingcom getting you guys a 240 day warp trip, and this isn't rogue trader, going with simple rear end rules. He makes Psyesence and Navigate warp tests. For each success it will lower the roll on table 2:6 warp travel encounters, for each failure raise it. One roll for a trip, and hope its all's well.

Werix fucked around with this message at Jun 5, 2013 around 23:49

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010


Lysandra

The false-woman smiles joyously, almost licking her lips at the irony of the thoughts now forming in her mind. "All suggestions both grand and quite workable! We will use Lord Vorgash's story, then, and I will be Lysandra Deche of the Final Solace, the noble ecclesiarch's beloved daughter. Master Threebags, Lord Vorgash, you must ensure that we have suitable psykers who can cleanse the minds of anyone who sees too much. Please, keep me updated, and forward your choice of proxies to Lord Corvax and I."

As the meeting winds down her composure returns and she approaches Father Boli. "I too am concerned about the warrant, Father. We must make detailed and discreet inquiries once we reach Scintilla, I will take charge of that personally." She seems deep in thought, her large golden eyes shining. "It occurs to me that if there are any descendants alive, we may not need to impersonate a scion of Deche, not after the descendant is given into the care of our psykers..."

"But until we know otherwise, Father," She smiles brightly again at Boli, "I have an important favor to ask of you. If I am to be the pious daughter of a churchman, you will have to teach me the Imperial Creed!"

All sounds good to me. I'll definitely post in the RP thread too, soon.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

Corvax considered the situation. Things were going wrong everywhere - a jaunt through the warp was tempting fate in a major way.

"Tibur, bring me one of the ratings - the most wretched, useless man you can find, and bring him before me. Lucretia, bring me my blade."

It was an old ritual - Corvax wasn't sure if it actually worked or not, but most crews would rather lose a man per warp translation than undertake one without some kind of "precaution." The man would have the four symbols of the Ruinous Powers carved into him, and then be thrown into the Void where, superstition had it, the gods would be too busy fighting over this newly offered sacrifice to bother troubling the warp voyage.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007


Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:02

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

With all matters attended to, the group splits up. As it would still be a few hours until the food was hauled in from the void and distributed to the different galleys throughout the ship, it gave Vorgash enough time to plot his course. He spends time looking at the left over Navigator maps, but can make no sense of them. They are drafted in a way that only someone who sees the warp differently can understand, and uses shorthand that is peculiar to Navigators. Instead he surrenders himself to the Warp, loosing himself in it. He rides the eddies and flows, traveling for what seems forever, but is but only and hour. He reports to the bridge that he is ready to go.

Satisfied with the report from Vorgash, Corvax orders the sacrifice of a ratling. He tasks Father Boli and Namtar Thrice-Born with preparing him. He is strapped down and does not fight the process, instead reveling as each unholy Icon is burned and carved into his flesh, likely some demented devotee of Slaanesh. It is only as he is dragged to the airlock and realizes he is going to die does he plead for his life, which falls upon deaf ears. Afterwards, the ship translates into the warp.

It is soon apparent why Vorgash was trapped in the warp for nine-thousand years. After a few days of warp travel, the ship crosses a warp eddy and plunges into a temporal hole. As the ship circles around and around the hole, Vorgash plots a route out for Hieronymus Schecte to follow. He does so, and the ship makes it out the temporal hole, and on to exiting the warp.

As it does so it is faced with an Imperial Naval Cruiser on the edge of the system which broadcasts a message that Tibur plays on the bridge vox, ++Unidentified ship, please hold position for ident verification and Customs questionare++

Okay, simplified warp rules a-ho. Also, since no one said so, the variable figurehead is still set as the Abominable Sovereign's figurehead.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Boli

Boli sits on the bridge in an antique, wing-backed armchair he's had some crewmen carry up from his quarters. There weren't enough seats on the bridge for all of the "enhanced" command staff, and he didn't feel like arguing about who sits where, or standing. Besides, those seats were all function, no comfort. This seat was extra-cushioned.

"Customs!" He lets out a little chuckle, and turns to Corvax "If only they knew. How are you planning on handling this? The 'Oh, I am but the naive scion of a forgotten priest, can you please tell me exactly what I can do to help you' suck-up play? A more aggressive 'Piss off you pathetic minion, I'm a daring Rogue Trader and don't answer to the likes of you!'?"

He pantomimes along with each option, then sits back and laughs some more.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent had just woken from a particularly bad nightmare where he had been stuck in the Warp for over a year when what passed for the translation alert sounded in the corridor. He shakes off the cobwebs, straps his weapons to his hip, and heads to the bridge to get a idea of their situation. Upon arriving, he catches the tail end of the broadcast from the Imperial vessel and sighs. "I guess it was too much to ask for at least one thing to go smoothly." The sarcasm in his voice is obvious and he takes a moment to relax before continuing. "Might as well get ready in case we're boarded or we need to kill something."

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

The short jaunt into the warp seemed to have had a peculiar effect on Mr. Threebags. The distance separating him with the warp actually augmenting because of the Gellar field, he feels the connection uniting him with his eponymous bags weaken. To the point where for the first time in a long, long while, his thoughts actually start to wander in dark, sobering places.

And then it all comes back, as abruptly as it had left him, leaving even more dazed than he usually is. Totally unknowing of the present situation, he stands in a corner of the bridge, the whispers emanating from him drawing even more glances than usual from nearby ratings.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

Hieronymus Schecte

Hieronymus skulks for the majority of the seemingly endless warp jump. Things were not going as planned. The navigator had led them right into a major hazard, but where was his punishment?

Still, entering real space again and seeing the familiar Imperial Navy ship, however hated, was reassuring. Chances are Corvax would give the order to bluff their way through this, but just in case things went wrong Schecte would have a chance to show his skills.

I'm going to use common lore war/imperial navy to try to size up the navy ship (armaments, if we could outrun it, etc). Also the side thread seems like a good place for Schecte to fight a crewman in but I'm not sure if you want to keep all the NPC stuff in here or not

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Despite the problem before them Vorgash felt confident they there was little trouble ahead. The gods had simply decided to present a challenge before them so that they were properly prepared for their journey in the future. Both Lysandra and Boli appeared uniquely suited for the challenge and they would not be here if they were not capable.

"Well, this is your show Lysandra, Boli. Perhaps we should put their minds at ease given the flag we currently fly. Hieronymous, your a naval expert. Any suggestions should things go badly?"

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

"We'll go with the 'suck-up play,' as you called it, Boli. But don't mention our recent inability to navigate properly - I believe the Navigator's quarters will be the best place to conceal ourselves, unless any of you have a better idea. Navis are secretive to a fault already - it shouldn't draw much suspicion. Keep in micro-bead contact. Lysandra, do not fail me."

Corvax takes the oversized Legion power sword from his quarters, and begins preparations, issuing orders throughout the ship to receive their "guests."


Going to test Command at TN 55 to speed up the crew, and giving Lysandra the +10 from Exceptional Leader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

Long used to the weirdness caused by warp travel, Hashim had been stalking the lower decks, looking for a rating who look both suitably vicious and not paying him the proper respect (read: wasn't paying enough attention when Hashim walked by) for Hieronymus's punishment match. As they come out of the warp and word comes through his comms regarding the customs ship, he temporarily changes his priorities.

"Aye, try your polite approach first if you wish. I'll be assembling the boarding parties for if they're needed." Hashim calls back to Corax's announcement. Much as the diplomatic approach would be preferable to their mission, he couldn't help but wish for it to fail. Moving back towards the armory, Hashim begins gathering the assigned armsmen, or likely looking ratings if there are none, and passing out weapons before directing them to several holding areas.

That done, Hashim takes a brief jaunt back to his cabin to pick up the rest of his weaponry before joining the group secreted nearest to the main hatch.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«48 »