Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«49 »
  • Post
  • Reply
goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Quick question while I'm pondering things: what are we carrying that might be of interest to customs (beyond the obvious)? Is there a trade component to this mission, or are we going to have to come up with an excuse as to why we've made the exceedingly expensive journey with no obvious route to paying for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova spent the time in the warp working. She rearranged old data and gathered samples. Lacking large numbers of source organisms, she had to be careful. Having learned from her previous attempts that great care should be taken to avoid ork cells entering the human body, she collects a small amount of what her previous studies had indicated were the greenskin equivalent of chromaffin cells and clones them, giving her an easier-to-manipulate source of orkinephrine. She assembles a simple array to both keep the cell cultures alive and stimulate them, and spends the rest of the trip harvesting and purifying their products. When the ship exists the warp she has a small stockpile ready to be tested, but that would have to wait until their business on Scintilla was done.

She makes her way to the bridge. Having nothing to contribute to the ingenious ploy of masquerading as people who are not extremely heretical, she remains quiet.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

goatface posted:

Quick question while I'm pondering things: what are we carrying that might be of interest to customs (beyond the obvious)? Is there a trade component to this mission, or are we going to have to come up with an excuse as to why we've made the exceedingly expensive journey with no obvious route to paying for it?

Nothing in the hold, just have to be prepared to give satisfactory answers to their customs questions.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Is there a reason to lie? A rogue trader visiting a bank doesn't seem like a stretch of imagination.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


I'm just thinking it would be a bit like some 17th century privateers sailing their sloop back to Europe from the West Indies just to fill in some paperwork. You COULD do it, but you'd probably not want to when the hold could be carrying things at the same time.

Maybe we could just play it as an extravagant show of wealth. Or even work it in to the lies. If we're just desperate to get the warrant into safe keeping having almost lost it, operating on a strict bug-out and run order from the Patriarch we no longer know the status of...

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010


Honestly, if we just say that it's business concerning our dynasty's warrant, that should be sufficient for an Imperial authority. The warrant is the most important thing to a dynasty, anything concerning it might necessarily have to be confidential, and would be worth a crew's time. If they have any doubts Boli and I can probably smooth them over.

I'll post in a little bit!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

The command staff enacts their plan. Hashim prepares a repelling party and joins the rest of the Fallen Astartes in the Navigator's quarters. Hieronymus Schecte looks at the augurs of the other ship. He identifies it as a standard Lunar-class cruiser, slower than the Sovereign, but more heavily armed. From this range they could out-run the larger ship and it's guns, but having not been given the order, Schecte keeps the vessel where it is.

The Cruiser gets closer, and the lights that indicate the ship is being actively scanned turn on. A comm is received from the vessel, "Abominable Sovereign this is Naval Patrol Sigma Epsilon thirteen. Please state the nature of your business in Scintillian space."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Boli

Boli puffs out his cheeks, raises his eyebrows at the various people around the bridge, and then signals to transmit.

"Naval Patrol. This vessel is operating under a warrant of trade. We have come to conduct business affairs with certain corporations on Scintilla."

He signals to cut the broadcast, and waits to see what their response will be. It was a very small, guarded amount of information, but if he gave them too much that might arouse suspicion. Better to only answer the questions they ask.

I'm not lying, so I don't think that should require a roll.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

The VOX chirps to life, "Copy that Abominable Sovereign. Sector records confirm that the Abominable Sovereignwas last owned by bearer of the Deche Warrant of Trade. You are free to continue to High anchor but make sure to check in with customs for a full disclosure interview. Failure to do so is a violation of Imperial Law. Emperor shine on you."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Boli

Boli rolls his eyes, but signals to reopen communications. "Thank you, patrol. His blessings upon us all."

Once the communications have signed off, he sits back and lets out a long breath. "Heh, not the first time I've lied my way past the Navy, but the first time I've done it for so many other people. Mr. Schecte, I assume there are standard approaches for this kind of thing and we won't need to talk to anyone else until we reach orbit? The gentlemen in the Navigator quarters are probably getting cabin fever already."

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010


Lysandra

When she arrived on the ship she looked like a suspiciously pretty tech-adept, maybe a factor, like they use in the core worlds.

When she arrives on the bridge, she looks like a holy sister. She sweeps between the consoles in a long white robe, embroidered with silver thread, and a tabard bearing the heraldry of the Deche warrant - a great maul, with the head engulfed in flames and the whole assemblage backed by a pair of silver wings. What dreadfully cliche iconography, she thinks as she approaches the command throne, and the thought brings another smile to her face as she settles herself onto it, her long billowing silver-trimmed sleeves spill over the sides like pools of liquid.

quote:

Keep in micro-bead contact. Lysandra, do not fail me."

"I will not fail you, master. Hope for the best, but assume the worst, we are quite spectacularly outgunned." She toggles off her micro-bead and tugs once on her aquila necklace in an idle sort of way.

She nods, impressed, at Boli as the patrol seems to accept his story. "Well done, father. Helmsman Schecte, take us in to Scintillan orbit and signal for docking. Father, shall we meet the customs agents? What name will you go by?"

Well, I had a whole post written up and a spiel for the Navy but then you went and handled it Onward, then!

TehWarsmith fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2013 around 00:38

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Oh, whoops. Sorry. You can have the next batch. It will probably be a lot more in depth anyway.

Boli

"Hm, I think I shall be Brother Arkavazi, of the Monastery Under the Wave. They're a small, insignificant little sect based in the lower depths of a small hive on an ocean world. They might actually all be dead, depends how good their air-filters were."

He pauses, looks at her extravagant dress, and then down at his simple cassock. "They will probably be more interested in talking to you."

goatface fucked around with this message at Jun 7, 2013 around 00:45

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Lysandra's flashy getup is enough to make the wiry man snap out of his reverie. "So, let me get this straight. You were made for this kind of thing, yes? Infiltration, cozying up to people. Stabbing them where it hurts." He looks her over once more. "And a fine job your hereteks did. But here is the real question. Do you actually enjoy it? Or is it just work for you?"

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010


Lysandra

She tilts her head at Threebags. She wears the holy garments like she was born into them, and the symmetrical perfection of her face only adds to the impression. "Is there a difference?" Lysa asks the psyker, slightly raising her eyebrows. "I enjoy serving the purpose I was made for." She smiles. "Do you have a purpose, Mister Threebags, one you can enjoy serving?"

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Vorgash steps up towards Threebags and Lysandra.

"He enjoy's serving very much and he will be personally escorting you all down to the planet in case you need to contact us aboard the ship. I'm sure he would not let anything happen to you. I do so abhor the needless loss of life. You will make sure the entire group returns, correct Mr. Threebags?"

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

While he had never met a Rogue Trader or a scion of one in his years with House Wyst, Vincent was certain that Lysandra looked the part. He sketches a courtly bow, "If the Lady Desche wishes, I will accompany her as her lifeguard, ready to lay my life down for hers." He pitches his voice to sound as ridiculously overwrought at possible, though it is clear that he has made much a statement before in seriousness.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

Hieronymus Schecte


Schecte finishes his scan and responds to Vorgash's question. "It's a Lunar Class, a fully-capable battle cruiser. Probably has five times the armament of our ship but we'd have no problems outrunning it. If things go South I'd be more worried about the pursuit craft they no doubt have hidden nearby. A cruiser is impressive but not much use in chasing down smugglers."

Boli's simple explanation is accepted by the patrol and Schecte feels a small twinge of regret that he will not be able to put his skills to use yet.

"If they've accepted us as a Rogue Trader we will be watched but most likely not interfered with. A Warrant is something the Navy is forced to respect." There's a slight hint of disgust in Schecte's voice.

The landing crew make their preparations.

"Our Lady Lysandra is much like a Space Marine in a way. Custom built for a purpose. If she's half as good at talking as a Legionnaire is at killing then I imagine we're in good hands."

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Threebags seems lost in thought for a few seconds before answering his seneschal's query. "Well Lysandra, I'd like to think there is a difference. The motive behind the things we do is often the most interesting aspect of our actions. At least, that's what I think." As he is about to go on, Vorgash cuts in. He listens with a small smile, which breaks into a toothy grin as Vincent completes what the sorceror had said.

"I think this is the first time anyone has ever thought to use me as a protector of sorts, oh Transcendent one." He lets out a few dry laughs. " I think that the unique requirements of this task are much better suited to Mr. Dimarco's particular skillset. But since you asked so nicely, I will watch on, from the shadows. As a bard! It's what I used to be, you know. I'd like to think I haven't lost my touch."

He punctuates his words with what can only be described as a small riff on an air guitar.

Lysandra only: As Vorgash rambles on about other people's duties, Lysandra hears a familiar voice in her head. It sounds almost...Nostalgic."You know, it's been a long time since someone asked me a question like that. I think I used to have a purpose. But then again, it might have been a dream."

I will be hard to reach until next sunday. Feel free to have Threebags act if you need him to. I'll try to post, but don't expect much.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

Still somewhat disappointed and annoyed they didn't get a chance to take the larger ship, regardless of how foolish it would be, Hashim stalks out of the Navigator Quarters and straight into the discussion of who's going where. "So, d'Schonne and Dimarco, ... along with Threebags, are heading down to turn in the charter. Boli, will you be accompanying them? I suppose the rest of us will remain here." Now smiling a bit, not a pretty sight, he suddenly has a suggestion. "Xanatova, I don't suppose you could hack into port records and find ship travel logs? Find us some nice juicy targets once we finish this delivery? Also, I believe we still have a, hmm, game for Mr. Schecte to play. We can conduct it while the rest of you are gone."


If we're assuming Hieronymus already had his little fight during that warp trip, just ignore the last sentence. Otherwise, seems like something for us still onboard to conduct while those going surfaceside have their little jaunt.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Boli

Boli nods at Hashim, and remains seated. Standing up to talk to the marines would barely change the difference in height, so he sees no point. He leans forwards in his chair, and steeples his fingers in front of his face as he waits for the rest of their contingent to arrive.

"I doubt we will immediately be allowed landings. They mentioned a 'full disclosure interview' when we reach port, so we may yet have to endure their serfs coming aboard. They will probably expect to meet the senior command staff, so if any of you have not selected your counterpart, I would suggest doing so now. If they're just local Navy or PDF it probably wont turn out to be a significant concern, they're easily distracted by noble arrogance and grandiosity, and if necessary can be bribed relatively cheaply. If they are Arbites... it will be harder. Hopefully tours of the regions of the ship we have kept 'pure'," - he snorts at the term - "will suffice to convince them of our honesty."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

From the outer reaches of Scintillian space to the planet proper is another week long voyage. The entire time the crew sees other ships coming and going. In particular a lot of Imperial Navy ships seems to be heading in system. Hashim tries to look for some ratlings to fight Hieronymus Schecte, but no one wants to risk killing the one individual responsible for flying the ship when they go through the warp. The only exception to this is a few Legionnaire Khorne berserkers, which Hashim rules out. He is surprised to find other Legionnaires besides the command staff, but there are at least a dozen others that Hashim encounters on his scouring.

After a week of travel, the ship finally arrives at High anchor. The crew are frightened by what they see. It appears as if the entire sector Navy is present, with hundreds of ships from Frigates to even a handful battle-cruisers.



An Administratum tug leads the ship into birth between a Naval Cruiser and a Chartarist Transport. The tug reminds the crew that they must register with customs and communicate how they desire to conduct their Customs Questionare before they will be given permission to land planetside.

Sorry about the delay, was out of town this weekend. Posts a-ho!

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

The presence of the Navy was not something that they had planned for, but if they played their cards right it wouldn't be a problem. At least, Vincent hoped it wouldn't. The ship's chance of escaping if it became known that they were not the Rogue Trader vessel they claimed to be was as close to zero as a chance could be. He actually felt a small sense of relief that he would be one of the group headed down to the planet. At least if things went south on the surface they had a reasonable chance to go to ground and survive.

He meets with the rest of the group and readies himself. "Are we ready to go? If so let's not keep customs waiting any longer." His question is not addressed at anyone overtly, but it's obvious that he is speaking mostly to Boli and Lysandra.

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010


Lysandra

Lysa's hands clench on the arms of the command throne as she sees the vast fleet. Her eyes widen and she swallows, hiding it as best she can. She links Corvax and all of the officers into the vox-link of her micro-bead as she says, "Indeed. We proceed as planned. Scrutiny may be higher than usual but we cannot withdraw now." Their cover story will make inquiries as to the nature of the mass mobilization easy. Very little they say will be a direct falsehood.

"Such a gathering cannot remain in dock for long. Once we pass through customs, no doubt the fleet will jump for its target warzone, leaving us behind."

This is not a coincidence, she thinks. A war is about to begin. Their actions in the Sector are meant to have some impact on it.

She looks out the viewscreen at the armada, fingers steepled, her mind racing, for a moment longer, before rising to her feet and leading Vincent, Boli, and Threebags off the bridge towards the airlock, calling for a detachment of armsmen as escort.

Take us into customs! Can anyone roll War or maybe Imperium to know what this giant-rear end fleet is gearing up for?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Boli

As they are towed into dock, Boli eyes the ships warily, attempting to count the number and classes. As they finally settle into dock, he notes the colours of the ship they have berthed next to and smiles.

"If you'll grant me a few moments, perhaps I can encourage the charter fleets to tell me what they know. I've spent a lot of time travelling around on a lot of different ships, you quickly learn how to stroke their fragile egos."

Let's make some phonecalls to ask the Chartists what they know about this mustering. Fellowship 55, Peer (Chartist Captains), +10 inquiry to give vs 75?

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010


Oh, that reminds me, i'll roll my Charm test vs. 60 to get Peer (Imperial Navy) for this session.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Before embarking Father Boli attempts to get in contact with the ship next to them to get more information as to the nature of the large Imperial fleet. He contacts the vessel and gets their communications officer. The officer raises the captain to come and talk. Once the captain gets on the VOX and finds out that Boli represents a Rogue Trader, he shares some unkind words with him, and cuts the vox. Whatever information they are to receive, won't be from the ship adjacent.

Father Boli and the rest of the non-legionaries board a lighter piloted by Schecte over to a space station that acts as the customs headquarters for the planet. The station is large, easily twice the size of the station that Aethun has claimed for himself out in the Vortex. Many small ligthers similar to the ones the humans were in are docking and undocking constantly. Also docked to the vessel are a few smaller escort craft, obviously used when they do boarding of vessels. Smaller than even a raider and likely not capable of warp travel, the vessels could still carry a veritable army of Administratum customs officials to descend on ships like locousts; yet another sign of a bloated and rotting Imperium.

The away team dock with the station and are brought into a waiting room where other captains appear to be waiting. Like all Imperial architecture it is filled with skull carvings and paintings of the False God and Loyalist space Marines. After about an hour wait a servo skull comes and summons the group into a small office. There is a large wooden desk against the wall. Files and data slates pile on the desk. Against one wall is a glossy painting of some large warship, held in a large frame with a thick glass pane covering it.

A small man with eye augmentics stares up from the desk, face basked in the green glow coming from the cogitator terminal on the desk. He motions for everyone to sit, even though there is but one chair, and no where near enough room for everyone to stand. After fishing a file out of the pile and looking over it he finally speaks, his voice creaky, "Usually I have the ship captain and maybe a seneschal in the room. If all of you are not necessary, I ask you to leave. Now where is Jerrimiah Deche? None of you seem to match the picts I have on record for him."

Sorry goatface, rolled a 91. As for you marines shipbound don't worry, I plan to get you planetside for some fun in the underhives or something. In the meantime, you could Make thinly veiled threats at each other!

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent simply nods an acknowledgement of the request and steps out into the hallway. He keeps his hand near the pommel of his sword and glowers at anyone who appears to pay too much attention to the room behind him. It was something that he had found his noble "masters" had enjoyed. Just having a lifeguard was a mark of status and the barely concealed hostility Vincent's stare conveyed delighted the nobles to no end. Apparently they found it hilarious when commoners would slump their shoulders and avoid eye contact when they passed by. Now it served a different purpose: he kept any curious eyes away from the door in case Boli and Lysandra had to resort to more base tactics to pass customs.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


I just went to see if I had any common lore skills that would help here and found out I never took any I'm just going to slot those in as Ecclesiarchy and Imperial Creed, along with Trade (Cryptographer), which I also never picked Those seem like the ones that fit the back story best. That ok?

Otherwise:


Boli

Boli glances at Vincent as he leaves, then steps back to hover just behind and to one side of Lysandra - in the position he commonly thinks of as "underling" when he sees other people doing it - content to let her take the lead in this little dance.

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010


Lysandra

Lysa stands, tall and proud in front of the bureaucrat. She holds herself with unassailable dignity and immeasurable confidence, like a woman born to stand where she stands at this very moment. She smiles at the little man, her perfect face sagging just a bit, as though weary and barely hiding it.

"Jeremiah Deche is at war, my dear man. As he was bid by the Church. He has met the Archenemy, at the edges of the Vortex, and he has not faltered but the Enemy's numbers are beyond counting."

She bows her head and makes the sign of the aquila. "I am Lysandra Deche, next in line for the warrant Deche. The warp has been cruel, and the years have stretched long since my holy father left for war, long enough for him to sire a child and for me to grow to womanhood. And now he has sent us back into the Emperor's light, to ensure that our dynasty will survive should he fail."

"I will cooperate, sir, but there is much to do and little time in which to do it."

As she speaks, she contracts an internal muscle, the nerve-trigger to activate the pheromone glands secreted within her skin.

Okay, *deep breath* WP test vs. 55 to activate my pheromone generator, which if successful should give +20 to Fel given the small size of the office. Another +10 from Serpent's Tongue if my Fellowship test to do that was successful. So, Deceive, vs. either 50, 60, 70, or 80.

welp

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova steps outside the office, wondering why they needed all of them here. At least the legionnaires had remained on the ship.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Lysandra tries all her little tricks, but none seem to work. The little Pheromone generator she has implanted appears to suffer performance anxiety in front of the bureaucrat and refuses to activate. She tries to speak to him on his level, but he seems unphased. Lastly, she resorts to the last trick she has left, and that is to subtly flirt with the man. She was designed to be irresistible, and that seems to have an effect. Lysandra bats her eye lashes, speaks softly so that the Customs Officer has to lean in to listen, practically ogling her fleshglobes.

He barely listens to her describe the long and hard battles her "father" is engaged in against deplorable Pleasure Cults filled with lust crazed cultists barely wearing anything. The Officer just stammers, "Well... I'm glad your father is using his warrant for something other than riches. I see nothing wrong here, your stay here is approved, and lets just wave the rest of the interview and there is no need to request a search of the vessel, since you're obviously not carrying anything." He types some things into his cogitator terminal and grants the group unlimited landing at any landing pads planetside.

You failed both your roll to activate the gland and use serpent's tongue. In the end it came down you you getting 3 DoS on the charm, and him 4 DoF, more than enough to have him wave you through.

Blisster
Mar 10, 2010

What you are listening to are musicians performing psychedelic music under the influence of a mind altering chemical called...

Hieronymus Schecte

Schecte steps outside with Vincent and Xanatova. He was hoping to avoid going planetside, but of course they'd expected him to fly the lighter. Nevermind the hordes of naval officers. Chances are none would recognize him, but there was always a small risk one of the navymen had been to a party on Schecte's homeworld.

Vincent seems focused on being as intimidating as possible to any administratrum wretch who comes scurrying by, so Schecte turns to Xanatova instead.

"What do you make of this gathering, oh esteemed tech-priest of Mars? Seems odd for the Navy to be gathering at Scintilla of all places rather than closer to whatever front they'll be heading to."


Let's do common lore: war and common lore: navy and then scholastic lore: tactica imperialis just for good measure.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova shrugs. "I'm not a naval tactician. To me the sector capital seems like a logical enough rallying point."

Common Lore: Imperium or War to try to figure out why he entire Battlefleet Calixis is here. Maybe I'll roll well even though I don't have the more specific skills.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Having dealt with Customs, the Human crew leaves in their lighter, and heads down to the surface. Tibur contacts the ship and lets the group know he has already contacted Stephen Gramsh, the escrow agent at the bank, and is informed you are coming. On the way down to the surface Xanatova and Schecte wrack their brains trying to figure out why all the ships are in orbit. Schecte is too focused on flying to come up with anything. (More like your crappy Int of 26 means you fail all lore rolls) Xanatova has better luck. Based on knowledge she has picked up about naval combat, a group would be gathered here like this only if one of two things was happening: a large military force was en route to invade, or a war threatening the entire sector was being fought else where. As customs is still letting ships approach the planet, the later seems the most likely, but what they are massing forces for is still unknown.

The lighter makes it through the atmosphere. The vessel lands on a private landing pad at the Third Sector Bank of Scintilla. The building is a large spire in and of itself. Of great worry is the fact that it is in the shadow the Tricorn. All the heretics are ill at ease knowing that at any moment thousands of Inquisitorial agents could be staring out their windows right at them.

They are greeted by a page and taken to an opulent waiting room where all types of pastries and spirits are there for offer. After about an hours wait, the page returns and leads the group into an opulent office where they meet Stephen Gramsh.


"Hey nice to meet ya, Stephen Gramsh, but my friends call me Steve, though it's Mr. Gramsh to you! See that's a joke, you guys can call me Steve if you want!" He looks over the group for a second and continues, "What gives? I was told you guys were gonna have Astartes with you? Again, just kidding, I'm sure you left them on the ship."

"Steve" suddenly looks serious, "Look, you guys are looking to have a Warrant of Trade Escrowed here indefinitely, a very expensive undertaking, and your employer already told me he doesn't have the Thrones. However, it seems we share certain, articles of faith. Me and my associates need some help. You do two things for us, your stolen warrant gets escrowed."

He holds up his and extends his thumb, "First, one of my associates, name of Heston, has gone missing, was babling about people coming after him. I need you to find him, or find out what happened to him, he's important to me." He holds up his index finger, "secondly, another associate of mine in Gunmetal city got picked up by the Arbites out there. They're gonna ship him off to to the Tricorn outside, where the Inquisition is going to torture him, he'll reveal my name, and then they'll investigate everything I've done, including helping you with your warrant. So spring him from the clink. We gotta deal, or you going to ask a ton of questions first?"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Boli

Oh dear, oh dearie me. Is this what the Ruinous Powers in this sector have been reduced to, or are they just testing our resolve? The man seemed to be speaking openly, so he could assume the room wasn't bugged. Apart from by Gramsh, he seemed the type to record every meeting so he could bribe people with it later.

Boli sits back in his chair, noting that it seemed slightly lower than Gramsh's own.

"Mister Gramsh. If we were not prepared to work with you we would not be here. We will require full details of both men before we proceed, and full disclosure answers to any questions we ask. We do not care about whatever tawdry details may fester in your past, but information concealed from us will only serve to impede matters. There is a large Imperial fleet mustering in the skies above us, Mister Gramsh, were either of your associates foolish enough to be associated with it or can we strike that from our list of problems to be overcome?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

"So, who let you out of the Convalescence home, grandpa? You don't have to worry about me concealing details, I'm an advocate; I can't do my work if clients keep information from me, and I'll extend the same courtesy. Heston, crazy bastard is a chemist, cooks up tainted chems we sell to decadent nobles to turn them. For all I know the bastard was hallucinating and tripping balls, but he's been off the grid for a while. Oscarr, he's a gunsmith for us in Gunmetal city, not exactly a devotee, but no Corpse god lover either. Some rival actually planted false evidence of Chaos involvement in his workshop and called the fuzz on him. He's in the Arbites Justice Black holding for now, but he'll be transfered via ground train to the Tricorn any day, maybe even today for all I know."

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010


Lysandra

As the conversation begins the idle smile on Lysandra's face begins to widen. Even as she considers the dire circumstances into which they have been thrust, she is grinning at the advocate's total lack of decorum or respect for subtlety, and and as he speaks of the gunsmith's capture her amusement bubbles over and she begins to laugh at the irony, a light, airy sound like the tinkling of bells. Without another word she steps in front of Boli and plants her hands on the desk, her white sleeves pooling on its surface as she leans over and smiles conspiratorially at him.

"Do forgive the good father, Steve, he takes our service so very seriously, and can you blame him?" She glances over her shoulder at Boli. "We are all under the great powers, are we not, Father? Steve is doing us a great service." The advocate needs to be kept in their good graces - hers in particular, which should not be difficult - or she suspects he will sell them the moment fear of Aethun's retribution no longer hangs over his head.

"We will have the situation well in hand," she turns back to the pleasure-cultist, "just tell me where Heston lived until he vanished. And, if the great powers smile, you know which train your friend Oscarr is being taken in, let us know. If not ... we shall learn."

Oh, yes, they have a great deal to do. When Lord Aethun said that their first mission might be their most dangerous, he was not exaggerating.

Scrutiny vs. 60, with a re-roll from my embedded auspex, to make sure Steve's bein' straight with us.

TehWarsmith fucked around with this message at Jun 16, 2013 around 00:52

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Meta-game table talk: I am assuming that the Astartes will be 'intervening' with the Arbites while us lesser mortals will be locating Heston. Boli would probably not survive contact with a fully manned Arbite Fortress, and certainly wouldn't be very useful in a gung-ho snatch raid on an Inquisitorial tower.

TehWarsmith
Jul 3, 2010


I can think of a couple ways for us to get the gunsmith out without fighting, but it'd be mega-risky and not a good use of time. My thought was for the legionnaires to attack the ground train? We'll bring it up IC in a few posts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Steve smiles at Lysandra, "See, they should have had you talking first, sweetie." He makes a semi-repulsive wink at the construct while pulling out a dataslate and sliding it across the elegant desk. "That's all I got on Heston. He has two residences, one upper hive and one when he's 'slumming it' and a warehouse. As for the train, well I don't ever go to Gunmetal, does it look like I go to Gunmetal city?"

He leans back waiting for the next questions. He's a pompous rear end in a top hat, but as far as Lysandra can tell, a genuine one.

goatface posted:

Meta-game table talk: I am assuming that the Astartes will be 'intervening' with the Arbites while us lesser mortals will be locating Heston. Boli would probably not survive contact with a fully manned Arbite Fortress, and certainly wouldn't be very useful in a gung-ho snatch raid on an Inquisitorial tower.

That was the plan, but it doesn't have to be exclusive. If Schecte wants pick up the marines from the top of a speeding train, or Vorgash wants to use his powers to find the drug dealer, go right ahead. You guys are allowed to mix and match, this isn't the 50s you can integrate if you want. But always remember, you can't blow your cover, discretion, and all that.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«49 »