Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Abandoned, the tomb spyder has little chance against the heretics. It lets off one last shot from its Gauss weapon at Corvax but the nimble astartes side steps it; that is all the opening that Vincent needs to rush in and eliminate the vile machine. He hacks away at its gangling limbs, and the spyder shudders before disappearing in a bright green flash. The way cleared, the group heads to the central lift and ascend to the control room of this generator pyramid. It does not take the Pretorian much effort to wave his hands over the consoles. Nothing seems to change with the generators in the pyramid, but the Necron turns to the rest of the group. "There, that should now be providing power to the Lord's Pyramid, thus allowing the doors to operate.
There should be maintenance tunnels below this pyramid connecting to the Lord's pyramid, the lift that brought us here should go down to these subterranean levels."

The group crowd onto to lift, and sure enough, after pressing a button the lift descends, going below "ground" level into the sub level below. The group tends to follow the Pretorian, who leads the way through twisting passageways crowded with cabling of different types hanging from the ceiling. After a few minutes walk, a sickly green glow is visible in the distance. Weapons drawn the group enters what can best be described as a giant pit of pure energy.

The chamber is roughly cube. It is about 30 meters wide, 30 meters long, and about 30 meters high. The majority of the room is taken up by a giant green field of crackling energy, similar to what was arcing between the generators above. The side of the room they entered has a small platform a few meters wide, as does the other side, where another door can be seen, along with a Necron console of some type. The room only has two other notable features:

First, the only way across the room is a one meter walkway without any railing going across the two sides of the chamber.

Secondly, a large orb is suspended directly above the middle of the pit.

One of the armsmen takes an old Throne out of his pocket and tosses it into the filed. There is a giant flash as the coin is instantly vaporized by the arching beams. With no other option, the group starts to hug the walls and make their way across the walkways. No sooner had the last of the group entered the room, the door they entered from slammed shut. shortly after that, everyone's attention is drawn to one of the armsmen; her old dog tags around her neck are being pulled by the orb in the middle. Any one with an auspex is reading a strong magnetic force emanating from the orb, that is steadily increasing.

A large whine is being heard from the orb.

A few seconds later and whine suddenly increases, pulling the las guns out of the hands of a few of the armsmen and pulling them to the orb, where they slam against the orb. Everyone tries to hurry up, but the narrow ledge forces everyone to march single files and slowly so as not to fall into the energy field.

Next, the whine goes up another few decibels and suddenly anything not secured on a harness or in a pack made of metal flies up to the orb. Loose change, dog tags, magazines for weapons, even grenades all fly up to the orb.

It becomes very clear that if someone does not get to that console on the other side fast and disable it, the next thing would likely be all weapons, even those secured, and after that, anyone made of metal or in power armor would be drawn to the sphere.

Okay, so first of all, three turns have elapsed. You can move your half move in one turn just fine on the walkway. If you try to do a full move, it is a -10 agility/acrobatics check. A run is a -30 check. Failure means you potentially fall in the pit, unless you make another +0 agility/acrobatics check to grab the ledge. So first decide how you were moving the last three rounds, and make rolls if faster than half moves. Also keep in mind you're moving single file, so order of who was going first is important, as you'll be stopped by whomever is in front of you.

For the Second round, everyone who had a weapon in their hands makes a +0 strength test. failure means your weapon was pulled from your hands to the orb, unless you argue your weapon is totally non-metallic.

Turn three means everyone's ammo, grenades, auspex, etc is up on the orb unless you have a backpack or combat webbing harness in your inventory.

After everyone posts for turns 1-3, then i will update on what the next turn means for you and your gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Dash & Misha

Well that's no good, Dash attempts to fly over the heads of those in front of them and make, well, a dash, to the console ahead.

Half moving. So three turns = 6+6+6 (hurr)= 18. Breaking march order by flying straight up and then forward. Jump pack gives me Flyer 12, so I think one more half move will get me there. I don't think I need to make one, but Acrobatics base 60-10=TN 50, infamy point rerolling if I gently caress up at any point.

pre:
Dash
WS   BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel    Inf
25   50     30    40    60     35      30      35     50     66

Wounds: 11/11        InfP:5 /6      Movement: 6
Armour: 6    Toughness Bonus: 4
Dodge: 70* Parry: 25 (45 with sword)  Stealth: 80 Awareness: 30 (40 on sight/sound)
*Step Aside

Chamcloak: +20 stealth and a further -30 to BS if remaining stationary.
Conversion Field: Protection 50,  Overload15

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen  Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special
Bolt Pistol       30m   S/-/-  1d10+5E    4    8/8    3/3*   Full   Tearing, Accurate
Multilaser       150m   –/–/5  2d10+10E   2   45/50   2/2    2 Full Reliable
Demonic Plasma    60m   S/2/-  1D10+10E   15  11/20   2/2  5 Full   Maximal, Overheats
Best ChainSword	  ---   ---    1d10+5R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Tearing
*stalker bolts
pre:
Misha
WS   BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel   Loy
21   43     30+10 30    36      42      34     29     24   50

Wounds: 6/6              Movement: 3
Armour: 8    Toughness Bonus: 3
Dodge: 46* Awareness: 30 (40 on sight/sound)
*Step Aside

Melta gun       30m   S/-/-  2d10+10E    12   3/5    3/3   Full   Tearing
Bolt Pistol       30m   S/2/-  1d10+5    4    8/8    3/3   Full   Tearing
[/quote]

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jul 28, 2017

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Corvax

In Scarab Land, Population Us:

Corvax swore as a grenade and a bolt pistol clip flew off of the cheap metal clasps he'd been storing them on and slammed against the magnetic device.

"Unconventional movement is key, and I don't mean when the metal fittings in-between my ceramite plates eventually drag me over to that -thing-. Disable it, now!"

There's a spare boltpistol clip and a few grenades taken away for now.
Unfortunately, he's probably somewhere near the front and single-moving a total of... 15 yards? Giving Dash my RT bonus for a skill check if needed.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Dash leads one of the lines going up the sides, moving quickly with haste, while the rest of everyone is split evenly up among sides. As Dash makes his way along, all of the equipment being carried by the armsmen save their weapons go flying up to the orb. The Praetorian looks up at the orb and over at the console, "This is not an approved design. This seems to serve no purpose but as some sort of rudimentary trap. A trap in a tomb complex, how stereotypical."

Seeing the Console within reach, Dash activates his jump pack and flies over to the console. On the Console are six physical buttons, each one with some type of rune above it. The first and sixth symbols are identical, but mirror images of each other. The other Four buttons have nothing in common. Surely one of the buttons must turn off the trap, but one might make it worse, huh?

Upon his pondering, the power from the Orb increases again. Anyone in armor with a lot of metal components, like power armor, or anyone with a large amount of cybernetics, suddenly feel like they have to fight the pull of the orb, like a wading against the tide.

It already looks like it is getting worse, surely, Dash cannot screw it up further?

Okay, I guess I'll just have to assume everyone is moving half actions, though now that one of you is at the console, what matters more is him disabling the drat thing. It has been on now for 4 turns.

People still need to give me a +0 str test if they are holding their weapon in their hands, one time only.
Anyone in power armor, with cybernetics, or a lot of other metal gear like a jump pack have to make a +0 toughness test each round they move, or suffer one fatigue.

Dash: at console
Corvax: 14M
Octuv:14m
Rebel: 14m away
Vincent: 10m away
Everyone else, unimportant.

Dash, you are faced with six buttons. If you speak Necron, you can understand the runes! If you don't you're in a bit more trouble.
You can:

1. do some trial and error;
2. make a logic test to try and see if you can figure it out
3. Describe a rune to the Praetorian. This will take a full turn, but he will tell you what it means
4. Some other test.

Buttons:
1. ???? (mirror image of #6)
2. ????
3. ????
4. ????
5. ????
6. ???? (Mirror image of #1)

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Magos Rho Epsilon Beta 250-50 "Rebel"
Test vs 30 (S/T): 2#1d100 55 33
Rebel's rifle goes flying towards the orb and the strain of keeping his footing tires him. He keeps moving towards Dash in the hopes of getting to the machine.

Half Move each go.

pre:
Primary Combat Block:
WS  BS  S   T   Ag  Int Per WP  Fel  
40  40  30  30  30  50  35  40  40

Wounds: 18/18   Infamy: 5/6  Initiative: 1d10+8
Half Move: 4 Full Move: 8 Charge: 12 Run: 24
SB: 3[5] (Power Armour)  TB: 3
Armour: 13 (All)
Force Field: 50 Overload: 01-05
Awareness: 40[60] (Auto-Senses/Optical Mechadendrite)
Dodge: 30
Medicae: 80
Tech-Use: 80[90] (Combi-Tool)

Weapons: (Currently selected weapons are in BOLD)
Aleph-452 90m S/2/- 1d10+16[19] Pen: 13[26] Clip: 14/20 Rld: 2.5 Full Special: Legacy of Slaughter, Maximal, Reliable, Overheats (Purified Plasma)
Maximal 100m S/2/- 2d10+16[19] Pen: 15[30] Special: Legacy of Slaughter, Maximal, Recharge, Reliable, Overheats (Purified Plasma)
Lasgun 100m S/3/- 1d10+3 E Pen: 0 Clip 60/60 Rld: Half Special: Never Jams
Overcharge 100m S/3/- 1d10+4 E Pen: 0 Special: Never Jams
Overload 100m S/3/- 1d10+5 E Pen: 2 Special: Never Jams
Fallen Magos Power Axe 2d10+9 E Pen: 6 Special: Power Field, Unbalanced, Two Handed
G.C. Servo Arm 1.5m 2d10+14 I Pen: 10

Noteworthy Bionics
B.C. Black Blood: Rebel is always considered lightly wounded and also heals much faster, removing two points of Damage per day. In conjunction with the Prosanguine talent, 
Rebel may make a Tech-Use test after spending 10 minutes in meditation. Success heals 1d5 wounds + 1 for every 2 DoS. 
Rolling a 96 or higher causes Rebel to lose the ability of both talent and implant for one week.
B.C. MIU: Grants  a +10 bonus to Tech-Use, Pilot, Drive, Logic, Inquiry, and Weapon Skill tests when interfaced with MIU systems.
G.C. Cerebral Implants: Grants a +20 bonus to Logic and Lore tests as well as Unnatural Intelligence (+2) trait.
Luminen Capacitors: May recharge or power machinery with a successful toughness test.
G.C. Servo Arm: Can extend up to 1.5m from the back mounting and has a fixed strength value of 75 and Unnatural Strength (+7), 
always used no matter the user’s personal stats. The servo arm can lift heavy objects or allow Rebel to tether himself to a suitable to a suitable anchor as a Free Action. 
May also be used to strike as the Rebels’ reaction for the round or used to make a Standard Attack (so long as it is only used once per round).
Optical Mechadendrite: +10 to Perception test, may be used as a telescopic sight, IR torch and sensors ensures Rebel takes no penalties and in fact gains a +20 to 
vision-based Perception Tests at night.

Noteworthy Gear:
Combi-Tool: Grants a +10 bonus to Tech-Use tests.
Conversion Field: If the field blocks more than 12 points of damage from a single attack, the release of light acts as a photon flash grenade burst centered on Rebel. Rebel is unaffected by this.
Fallen Magos Power Axe: Counts as having a combi-tool built-in. User may attempt to corrupt Imperial Technologies and their Machine Spirits with them on a -30 Tech-Use test, 
rendering them damaged and unusable except by fellow Hereteks.
Unholy Unguents: Makes a weapon immune to jamming for a full game session, requires a full action to apply properly.

Noteworthy Gifts
Steel-hearted: Counts all enemy fear levels as one lower. Fear 1 enemies have no effect on Rebel.
Wreathed in Chaos: +10 to all interaction tests with Chaosy folks. +10 when intimidating his enemies.

Noteworthy Talents
Combat Formation: All members of the party including rebel add +1 to Initiative and may also choose to use Rebel’s Intelligence Bonus for their Initiative roll rather than their Agility Bonus
Die Hard: Rebel may roll twice when suffering blood loss to avoid death.
Master Chirurgeon: Any successful heal attempt heals 2 additional wounds. If the character is in danger of losing a limb, Rebel provides them a +20 bonus on the toughness test.
Technical Knock: Rebel may unjam any gun he can touch as a half action, but may only do this on one weapon a round.
Weapon-Tech: Once per combat encounter, Rebel may increase the damage and penetration of any weapon personally wielded by him by his intelligence bonus for one round. 
Weapon must belong to the Melta, Plasma, Power, or Exotic category to benefit from this.
Whirlwind of Death: Rebel inflicts additional melee damage to a Horde equal to half his WS bonus.

Special Ability
Traitor to Mars: Rebel gains the Binary Chatter ability. This ability increases the loyalty of all minions who are servitors or other cybernetic constructions by 10.  

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Misha

This is the sort of thing that makes the Changer of Ways laugh. Put a galaxy-class starfighter pilot in charge of saving the entire team in a circumstance that doesn't involve flying or anything of the sort. It isn't ironic, but it sure is infuriating. Okay, there must be some method to this madness. The first and second are the same, okay...

"Praetorian! The rune here it looks like a..." THUNK, there went the henchman's gun. He needed to move fast before the rest of the team went flying. For once he was glad not to have powerarmor.

Option 3 on the first/last rune, or just the first rune if I can't get two similar ones done. Dash holds onto his weapon, Misha's melta goes flying
pre:
Dash

Dodge: 70* Parry: 25 (45 with sword)  Stealth: 80 Awareness: 30 (40 on sight/sound)
*Step Aside

Bolt Pistol       30m   S/-/-  1d10+5E    4    8/8    3/3*   Full   Tearing, Accurate
Demonic Plasma    60m   S/2/-  1D10+10E   15  20/20   2/2  5 Full   Maximal, Overheats
Best ChainSword	  ---   ---    1d10+5R    2    ---    ---    ---    Balanced, Tearing
*stalker bolts
pre:
Misha

*Step Aside

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 12:11 on Aug 5, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv clanks along carefully and slowly, but is otherwise seemingly oblivious to the magnetic field, even as it rips spare stun grenades and ammo off his exterior.

"Take your time, Dash, I'm rather enjoying it!"

Filtered through a scratchy, perpetually max-volume vox amplifier, it's impossible to tell whether or not he's being sarcastic.

Half action moves. I'm not rolling the Toughness tests because I'm immune to the effects of Fatigue anyway.

Strength vs 30: 19

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

The pull from the arcane necron machine nearby had gone from mildly annoying to extremely dangerous. Vincent hunches against the magnetic pull, barely noticing his bolter, ammunition, and grenades pulling away from his various holsters and flying out to impact the necron device. Each step feels as though he had run a mile. Only his weapon stays in his hand. He suspects this is only in part due to his long years training himself to hold to his blade even when totally focused on pain. He shouts "Hurry up, drat you!" as his vision starts to grey. He wasn't sure how much longer his body would take this punishment.

Str test vs 70: 10 Kept my sword
T-test1 vs 40: 29
I failed the next two, so by the third round of toughness tests I'm at 3 fatigue (I took one earlier)

pre:
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
60     31     70    40    50     25      30      40     30

Wounds: 15/15      IP: 5/6
Armour: All 8

Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special

Good Bolter      100m   S/3/-   1d10+5X   4    24/24    2     Full    Tearing

Relz'ulra        Melee          1d10+11E  8                           Power Field, Balanced, Thirsting, Piercing
[Power Sword +3dmg/pen Daemon, +3dmg Crushing Blow, Str not included.  +18 with STR.]

Ramoran Revolver 45m  S/-/-    1d10+10X  6     6/6     2     2FL    Accurate, Concussive(2), Proven(3)

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)	
- Dodge +10
- Parry +20
- Blademaster
- Crushing Blow
- Step Aside
- Auto-Senses: Dark Sight, Heightened Senses (Sight, Hearing), immune to
flash/stun grenades, Called Shot as Half Action

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The Strange Orb continues to pulse on the ceiling silently, as more equipment made of metal flies up towards it. Movement seems a little more difficult than just a few seconds ago, but the punishing pull of the magnetic orb doesn't cause anyone to loose their footing or anything.

Meanwhile Dash does his best to explain the appearance of the first and last runes to the Praetorian, hoping that they comport with Necron language and are not just some contrived language invented by the mad man (robot?) that made this infernal trap. After describing the first rune, and explaining how the last one is a mirror opposite of it, the Praetorian, struggling to move as he is the most metal thing in the room, shouts out a response as if yelling over a loud noise only he can hear, "That sounds like you described the rune for 'portal' or 'entrance' for the first button. Given Necron Syntax and grammar, to have a reversed image usually means 'exit'. Those buttons likely open and close the doors to this room."

It has been on now for 5 turns. The effects of the Orb seem to have increased, but not enough to trigger any new tests, though it appears it is impacting the Praetorian more than the rest of you. as he is unable to move.

Anyone in power armor, with cybernetics, or a lot of other metal gear like a jump pack have to make a +0 toughness test each round they move, or suffer one fatigue.

Corvax: 10M
Octuv:10m
Rebel: 10m away
Vincent: 5m away

Buttons:
1. Opens a door (mirror image of #6)
2. ????
3. ????
4. ????
5. ????
6. likely opens another door. (Mirror image of #1)

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

In Scarab Land, Population Us:

The Void Harvester started to slip away, and only closing the ceramite gauntlets of his power armor around it tightly kept it in Corvax's grip.

"Heh, helpful in the long term, I suppose. What do the other four look like?"

Staying still and giving my +10 to Dash for any checks he makes.
STR Test to avoid weapon loss: 1d100 37

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Misha

Okay, uh, that left four. Dash Picks through the buttons and oooh, looky here, four left meant well. BEEP BOOP BEEP. The thought of having escaped the imperial naval commisary only to be executed by a chaos space marine for gross incompetence steels his mind a bit. Whoops, there went the Missus. Hopefully she wouldn't bust open or this would get a lot more exciting.

Attempting a logic test, TN 35-20untrained+10 Corvax = [21] Pass! The Demonic plasma gun goes flying

pre:
Dash

*Step Aside

Demonic Plasma    60m   S/2/-  1D10+10E   15  20/20   2/2  5 Full   Maximal, Overheats
*stalker bolts
pre:
Misha

*Step Aside

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Vincent manages to get himself over to the console next to Dash while everyone else makes steady progress on the two walkways, save the Praetorian, who has sunken his blade into the wall in an attempt to keep himself on the platform.

Dash meanwhile, spends some time looking at the console. With the input from the Praetorian as to how Necron symbols are context dependent, he takes a closer look. Two more of the symbols, upon a second, more through look, have many similarities in common, though not as glaring as the two door symbols. There are four buttons left. It would make sense that two buttons would increase and decrease the effect of the orb. Those are likely the two buttons that have some similarities. Then there is likely a button that shuts off the power field below; that would only make sense, so that way any wayward Necron stuck to the orb could be safely retrieved. Dash updates Vincent on his understanding of the different buttons.

At the same time, the Orb hums loudly, and Everyone in power armor or heavily augmented clearly feel themselves being pulled towards the orb, even slightly lifting off the ground.

It has been on now for 6 turns.

Now is the Threshold time. Everyone in power armor (Corvax, Vincent, and Octuv) and anyone with heavy augmentations (I will assume the tech priest by default) are feeling the pull of the orb trying to take them off their feet. A +30 athletics or acrobatics test or +20 Strength or Toughness test to stay where you are. Failure means you are lifted off your feet and fly to the orb.

Don't forget: Anyone in power armor, with cybernetics, or a lot of other metal gear like a jump pack have to make a +0 toughness test each round they move, or suffer one fatigue.

With Vincent here (so long as the orb doesn't snatch him) you now have two people to go pressing buttons each turn, or each of you can run the symbols past the Praetorian, getting two answers a turn instead of one. Buttons updated below.

:siren: I'll be leaving town for Gen Con starting tomorrow, so uh, no update until next week sometime, which is the usual. Just wanted to give you the extra heads up :siren:

Corvax: 6M
Octuv:6m
Rebel: 6m away
Vincent: at console

Buttons:
1. Opens a door (mirror image of #6)
2. Deactivate Power field or ????
3. Turn the orb up or down
4. Deactivate Power field or ????
5. Turn the orb up or down
6. likely opens another door. (Mirror image of #1)

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent pants audibly as he finally reaches the console. He stares down at the buttons alongside Dash and tries to listen to Dash and the Praetorian as they chatter back and forth about the different symbols. "So," he says, breath coming in gasps, "sounds like we need to hit one of these two buttons to turn off the trap? 50/50 odds sounds fine to me!" Fighting the pull of the orb, he stabs his finger into the second button.

Failed first Toughness test vs 40 - 95
Reroll, pass with 39 whew!

Pass Athletics test vs 100 - 29

Hammering button #2!

pre:

Wounds: 15/15      IP: 4/6

Relz'ulra        Melee          1d10+11E  8                           Power Field, Balanced, Thirsting, Piercing
[Power Sword +3dmg/pen Daemon, +3dmg Crushing Blow, Str not included.  +18 with STR.]

Ramoran Revolver 45m  S/-/-    1d10+10X  6     6/6     2     2FL    Accurate, Concussive(2), Proven(3)

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)	
- Dodge +10
- Parry +20
- Blademaster
- Crushing Blow
- Step Aside

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Vincent reaches out to the console and presses the second button on the console. As hoped, the orb deactivates. However, it does not deactivate in exactly the way they would have wanted. A big green pulse is released from the orb as all the magnetic energy is released at once. This causes two results. First, a haywire wave passes through everyone. Vincent's finger is frozen on the button as his power armor deactivates. Likewise, the two astartes power armors freeze up, while Dash and Rebel feel cold and pain as their various implants power cycle. Even the glowing eyes of the Praetorian fade.

The second unwanted effect is it causes everything attached to the orb, loose change, Dash's Plasma gun, Misha's Melta, Rebel's Plasma Gun, and the various ammo all fall into the small pit with arcing power beams going back and forth. The unmistakable sound of small detonations can be heard as ammo cooks off. With the orb down, Dash quickly hammers some of the other buttons. Button three seems to cease the buzzing in the room from the orb, and Button 4 causes the power field in the pit to deactivate.

After a few minutes the EMP effect of the trap wears off, allowing the power armored folks to move about, and the Praetorian to come back online. With the orb down and the power field deactivated, everyone is able to retrieve their weapons. Thanks to its Daemonic inhabitant, Dash's Plasma Gun seems fine. The Melta, and Rebel's gun on the other hand, are badly damaged. With the machine shop on board the Sovereign repair should be simple, but field repairs here could be tricky.

Once the Praetorian shakes off the effects of the emergency degaussing, he leads the way. It doesn't take long for the group to make their way through the tunnels to yet another lift. The Praetorian looks to the group. "This lift should take us directly into the chamber of the Errant Lord of this Complex. Since we managed to infiltrate without any of the vanguard Canoptek constructs raising the alarm, the Lord should be lightly defended for now. I would imagine he will have his own Retinue of Lychguard. There is also the possibility of some Necron Lords being present. Had the alarm been raised, we likely would have faced more. Remember, we need to defeat the Necron Lord, and then plug the override device into his personal console on his throne.That will override his control schemes and input the new Lord's codes."

The Praetorian looks the group over. "Make any last minute preparations and ask questions."

Octuv can sense some sort of Necron tech above dampening the warp. The veil is impeccably thick down here, and only a little power leaks through.

Orb trap solved. The buttons did the following:

1. Open close door they came from
2. EMP pulse
3. Turn orb down
4. shut down the power field
5. Increase the orb power
6. Open close other door.

The ideal solution would have been to hit button 4 to deactivate the pit, then either activate the EMP pulse or manually turn it down.

The two weapons that were on the orb need a -40 Tech use test to repair. If you pass the weapons are usable. If you fail by 3 or more degrees the weapon is irrevocably damaged. They will be fully repaired after this mission.

Ask any questions or make any preparations.

Dachshundofdoom: There is some Necron Fuckery about dampening the warp, what with them hating it. Any psyker power you do are at One half psy rating. Which likely means you'll be more reckless than usual and push like mad.

After a chance for prep, it will be on to the boss fight, likely posted next Monday.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"The Warp has never felt so distant. How dreadful. I think I'll have a little pick-me-up..."

Octuv slides a flask of Blue Fire between his teeth, dons his helmet again, and slurs out a "Ready when you are."

Gonna take me some drugs just before the fight starts.

Blue Fire Rounds, WP TN 52: 7 round duration and a 38 on the WP test to avoid gaining Corruption.

Free reroll on any Focus Power tests during this time, but Fettered power attempts will trigger Psychic Phenomena on doubles too.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
With no further questions, the Praetorian stands on the platform that lakes the lift, and everyone else piles on. The poor armsmen all find themselves cradling their backup stub revolvers, their lasguns and heavy stubbers yanked from their hands by the orb and then unceremoniously dumped in the field by Vincent. The length of the lift trip seems to take longer than the ride down from the generator pyramid, though helmet mounted chronos indicate that the trip only takes about two minutes.

The platform raises up, into the floor of what appears to be a raised platform contained in the hollowed out shell of a pyramid. The usual green pulse associated with the Necron is instead replaced with a cool blue the color of Fenrisan Glaciers in deep winter. Standing directly in front of the lift platform the group sees four Necrons similar in appearance to their Praetorian Ally, though they lack the back jump apparatus of the Praetorian, and instead wield shields and scythes.

Their eyes are dormant and dead, well dead for a millennia old zombie machine. Behind them are a series of Obelisks pulsating that same cool blue of the Pyramid walls above. The obelisks are linear, with a walkway down the middle. On the far end of the path through the Obelisks the heretics see an elevated platform, and on it sits a solitary Necron, a look of disgust somehow plastered on its allegedly emotionless face.

The Necron Lord stands from his throne. As he does, two Necrons on skimmer bodies levitate from behind the throne. As they do so the Lord silently points at the heretics, and the Lychguard before suddenly come to life, the ghostly blue filling their eyes.

Okay, The lord and two destroyers are 50 meters away, with the lord slightly elevated on a throne platform. The Lychguard are much closer, all about 12 meters away from the edge of the lift. Between you and the Lord are some Necron Obelisks that one can use for cover, if one wanted to do tactical moves, but the closest Obelisk is 20 meters away from the Lord.

Everyone give me ini rolls and combat. Ini looks like this so far:

Armsmen with stub revolvers: 13
Necron Lord: 12
Lychguard 1: 12
Lychguard 2: 9
Destroyer 1: 8
Destroyer 2: 7
Lychguard 3: 7
Lychguard 4: 7
Praetorian: 5

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent breathes a sigh of relief as his armor regains function and allows him to move once more. "That could have gone better, perhaps." he says, "But at least we are all alive still, right?" He shakes his arms and legs out, trying to ease the knots that had formed as a result of straining against the pull of the trap. The elevator ride gives him enough time to center himself and prepare to face whatever was waiting at the top of the lift. Just need to make it through this fight, then I can rest.

The sight of new foes and their goal invigorates Vincent and he grins beneath his helm. He glances over his shoulder at the Praetorian and says, "You don't mind if we wreck a couple of your soon to be friends, right? Khorne will be unhappy if I don't take some of their heads as a trophy." He turns back to the enemy Necrons, "And I call at least one of the guards." He raises his sword and launches himself into an attack, darting to the left and attacking the line of Lychguard from the left side of their formation.

Using 1 infamy to remove fatigue. Going to attack the leftmost Lychguard. Half Move, Lightning Attack. If needed, I will charge and Swift Attack.

Initiative 17
Lightning attack vs 50: 13. 4 DOS + Adroit= 5 hits
Damage (in roll order): 22, 21, 27, 27, 27 Total is 124 damage (!):eyepop:
E: whoops, forgot lightning attack is at -10. Dropped one of the successes for you.

pre:

Wounds: 15/15      IP: 3/6

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)	
- Dodge +10
- Parry +20 (+30 with Balanced)
- Counter Attack (free -20 attack after a parry)
- Blademaster (Reroll 1 miss per round)
- Crushing Blow
- Step Aside (May make 2 dodge/parry attempts per round)

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Sep 1, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Drugs exploding through his system, Octuv makes a decision he never would have had he been sober (or what passed for sober, for him): he seizes the Warp with all the might he can muster and bends it to his will, heedless of the danger. He wasn't going to let some dead soulless xenos tell him he couldn't swamp himself in sensation. They could take their psychic dampening field and shove it.

Somehow, the addled Astartes maintains control. His eyes glow, his armor crackles with power, but the psychic bleedoff does nothing more than generate a soft breeze, likely the first this tomb has ever felt. Octuv roars in triumph as his psychic senses flare back to their normal heights. He might struggle to see the skeins of fate clearly down here, but he could still sort through them at a terrifying rate. He spreads his legs and levels his heavy bolter at the first Destroyer.

"Let me show you the world of sensations you've been missing, Necrons, starting with the feeling of FINAL DEATH!"

Initiative: 2d10k1+6 16

Dropping my Celeritous Sense at PR 2 and attempting to recast it at PR 6 via Push. Probably going to regret this.

Celeritous Sense (Push PR 6) vs 90 (62 +30 Push +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 30

Psychic Phenomena +10: 2#1d100 55 26, phew, just Haunting Breeze. No real effect apart from a little spooky wind.

Precognitive Strike vs 85 (40 -10 Difficulty +25 Celeritous Sense +15 Unfettered +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 53

Full Auto Burst at Destroyer 1 vs 85 (50 -10 Full Auto +15 Precognitive Strike +10 Short Range +10 Size +10 FP): 25, 7 DoS with Unnatural BS.

Damage Pen 5: 7#2d10k1+15 22 25 21 25 19 22 24 22, ZH on the 2nd, 4th, and 6th hits, substitute DoS on the 19.

ZH (Body, Head, Body): 4 2 2, but of course, he's almost certainly very dead at this point anyway barring extraordinary force fields or something. I just think it's nice to know that even if he lives, he'll probably be brain-damaged and flying through the air.

edit: Oh, and here's new math for Unfettered Precognitive Dodge: 85 (40 -10 Difficulty +25 Celeritous Sense +15 Unfettered +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood)

pre:
Wounds: 14/14      AP: 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 5/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 6/12/18/36
Force Field: 45 (1-5 Overload)
Precog. Dodge (Fettered/Unfettered/Push): 85/90/90
Reduced Precog. Dodge: 85 (Unfettered)

WS:   (5)30
BS:   (7)50
S:    (8)30
T:    (8)40
Ag:   (6)45 
Int:     45
Per:     40
WP:      62
Fel:  (7)50

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Darksight, Unnatural BS/WS/Agi (2)

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Athletics, Dodge , Operate (Surface), Parry, Psyniscience

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Favoured by the Warp, Heightened Senses (All), Legion Weapon Training, 
Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Step Aside,
Target Selection, Unarmed Warrior

Psychic Powers:

PR 5 (All powers temporarily cast at 3)

Sustaining: Warptime (PR 2), Celeritous Sense (PR 5)

Precognitive Dodge: Reaction, -10 Perception Test. Counts in all respects as an Evasion test.
Precognitive Strike: Free Action, -10 Psyniscience Test. Grants +5 x PR to the first WS/BS test I make that turn.
Warptime: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. -10 WP Test. Grants Unnat. WS, BS, Agi (PR).
Celeritous Sense: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. +0 WP Test. +5 x PR to Per and Evasion tests, ZH on 9 or 10.

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam             Pen       Clip        Rld      Qualities

Ramoran Bolt Revolver        45m    S/-/-      1d10+13X          6         6/6       2 Full    Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3)
Legion Heavy Bolter         150m    -/-/8      1d10+15X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Grenade Launcher             60m    S/-/-         ---           ---        6/6       2 Full    RDLS, Fire Selector, Noxious Discharge
+Stun Grenades                                                             6/6                 Blast (3), Concussive (2)
Inferno Pistol               10m    S/-/-      2d10+13E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---     ---       1d10+14R          7         ---        ---      Balanced, Force

*SB, Mighty Shot, and Force damage already incorporated

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades.

GC Shimmering Robes: Force Field.

GC Rapturous Standard: All those dedicated to Slaanesh who can draw LoS to the backpack standard can reroll all failed 
WP tests and reduce all damage taken by 1 (to a minimum of 1).

GC Shrieking Soul: 6/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 
and all effects of being On Fire except for the damage. Captures the souls of any sentient being the bearer kills.
Once per session, captured souls can be unleashed as a Full Action. This is a psychic attack with a radius
of 1d10 per soul. All not dedicated to Slaanesh in this radius must pass a -20 WP test or be Stunned for 1d5
rounds and take 1d10 permanent WP damage.

Psychic Hood: +5 to FP tests. Can spend a Reaction to impose a penalty on any one FP test within WP meters. The wearer makes a FP (WP)
test and imposes a penalty of -10 x DoS on the other psyker's test. This test can alternatively be used to nullify a power that
directly affects the wearer, no matter the range. Success blocks the power's effects only against the psyker; other targets are
affected as normal. Nullification tests are treated as FP tests in all regards, including the possibility of Psychic Phenomena.

Psy-Focus: +10 to FP tests.

Blue Fire: 7 Rounds duration, free reroll on all psychic power castings, but even Fettered causes Phenomena on doubles.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 1, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Misha

Well, it didn't go as badly as it could have and Corvax hadn't executed him for incompetence (and least not yet). The second banana losing his antitank weapon sucked but at least he was bright enough to bring a backup. And here we were, the big showdown.

Target selection was the next issue at hand. There was a fair amount of melee combatants but he had seen how Corvax and company were equipped to handle them, what Dash was afraid of were those assholes on skimmers. He sees the drug crazed sorcerer light up the one on the left and nods to Misha and gestures to the one on the right. Dash barely managed to line up on target, but his underling does better, putting a flurry of shots more on target.

[Inits]
Dash 5+6ab+2qatd=13
Misha 10+3=13

Shooting at Destroyer 2

[Shoot robot zombies]
Dash BS 50+10 Half Aim+0 Semi Auto+10 Short range*=70 vs 70, just barely hit once.
*maximal shots add 10m to range so it becomes 100m.
[29 Damage] Pen 15 before armor and toughness reduction. That's also a Zealous Hatred+Hit to the head, result, [3]
Apparently I blow off his ear and he is deaf? I am not sure how that works with a necron.

Misha BS 43+10 Half Aim+0SemiAuto+10 Short Range=63 vs 18. Not sure how you're counting DoS but that's either 4 Dos or 5 DoS, meaning 2 or 3 hits respectively, I'll roll for 2., Derp, he's got Unnatural BS 4, all three connect
[13 and 12] and another [12] pen 4 before reduction.

pre:
Dash

*Step Aside

Demonic Plasma    90m   S/2/-  1D10+13E   13  20/20   2/2  5 Full   Maximal, Overheats
*stalker bolts
pre:
Misha

*Step Aside

Melta gun       30m   S/-/-  2d10+10E    12   3/5    3/3   Full Melta
Bolter            100m   S/3/-  1d10+5    4    8/8  21/24   Full   Tearing

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Sep 2, 2017

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

The Throne Room:

"We -do- still live, Vincent. For now."

Corvax took off running from the opening elevator doors, his proxy firing a few quick, well-placed shots to harass his target before the marine smashed into the closest Necron, his low stance and horns ensuring that their shields would not save them from his charge.

"Break them apart. They've lived long enough already!"

Corvax is charging 12m at one of the Lychguard.
Lucretia will half-action move to an obelisk if there's one within 8m and fire at the same lychguard ahead of Corvax. If not, she'll stay where she is and aim instead.

Initiative (Pick Best of These Two): 2#1d10+4 5 11
Lucretia's Initiative: 2#1d10+8 12 11
Charge (Infamy Re-Roll): 1d100 48
Void Harvester Damage, Pen 8, to R Leg. DoS of 5 for minimum roll.: 1d10+20 30
Lucretia Single Shots at Lychguard (TN 30/50 if aiming): 2#1d100 4 3
Crystal Caster Damage to the Left Arm and Body, Pen 10. Crippling 6: 2#1d10+6 11 8
Can these guys be crit? If so, a d5 leg energy crit.
Forgot about Mighty Shot on Lucretia. 13/10 are the numbers there.
pre:
     WS   BS   S          T           Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel          Inf
     60   30  70(+4)   40(+4)  40   40   30   40    60(+2)   68, 6/7 IP

Wounds: 10/18         Armour: CC Legion power Armor (10 Body, 8 Else)
Dodge: 50, Parry 100+  Corruption: 45

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing
The Void Harvester  Melee —      1d10+20E   Pen.8       Balanced, +10WS, Devastating 3 
							Power Field, Terrorizer, D-Grip,
Relevant Traits/Talents
Power Armor - +1 Size w/o -10 Stealth, +20 Str (Already added in statline)
Terrorizer - User gains Fear (1) for the duration of the fight after killing an enemy.
CSM Heightened Senses (+10 to hearing/sight)
Beguiling Gem - See Tome of Excess
pre:
     WS   BS   S   T   Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
     05   40   10  20  40(8) 20   40   35   40(8) 

Wounds: 4/4   Dodge: 50  Armour: 9 All (2 Synskin, 5 Ablative, 2 Natural)

2x Q'Sal Crystal Caster  15m  S/-/–   1d10+6E  Pen.5  5/5 Rld:Full.
Qualities: Razor Sharp, Crippling (6), Shocking (-20) test if absorbed/deflected
Add-Ons: Silencer, Red-Dot Sight

Relevant Traits/Talents
Ambidextrous/2WW/Gunslinger, Quick Draw, Hip Shooting. Mighty Shot (included above)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
With all the fury that Khorne can muster, Vincent is the first into the fray, charging at one of the Lychguard and loosing a flurry of blows. The Lychguard deftly blocks one blow, but the remaining blows cleave the Necrodermis armor of the creature, severing its head in the process. Just as quickly the Slaaneshi levels his heavy bolter at one of the destroyers in the back and lets loose a hail of bolter rounds. Proving once again that anything short of a main battle tank withers under the fire from the Havok marine, the lifeless body of the skimmer uncerimoniously dropping in place.

Dash fires at the other skimmer, only for it to dodge out of the way of the blast at the last second, the plasma shot painfully easy to telegraph. This does line up the machine to take three bolt rounds from Misha, but unlike the larger bolt rounds used by the Slaaneshi marine, these smaller bolt rounds detonate harmlessly on the creature's ancient carapace. The Armsmen open up at the nearby Lychguard with stub revolvers, but their shots go wide. Lucretia takes a knee and fires at one of the Lychguard, but the shield carried by the Necron flashes as a field around the Necron flashes. The Lychguard looks at Dash as the crystal shards blocked by the field seem to bounce back off in his direction, but they go wide.

The Necron Lord Pulls out some sort of Necron sword and jumps off his plinth, advancing towards the nearest Obelisk and disappearing behind it, making sure to not be a target out in the open for anyone to pick off. The Headless Lychguard next to Vincent erupts in a large flash of blue light originating from where its head used to be. When the Light dies down, Everyone is disturbed to see that the Lychguard's head is back, and it immediately takes out its recent death and rebirth of the source of its frustration. It brings its blade down on the Khornate, who deftly knocks it aside, but is unable to take advantage of the opening.

Corvax charges another Lychguard, but the shimmering power field that almost redirected Lucreita's shots stops the blow from the Marine. The Lychguard tries to not make the same mistake as his colleague and attempts to misdirect the marine. Even though the misdirection fails, the Lychguard manages to land the follow up blow, or would have if Corvax did not deftly parry it.

The Necron Destroyer so easily eliminated by Octuv is also bathed in blue light before it comes back online; Octuv is certainly not used to things coming back up from such a salvo. It aims its Gauss cannon at the marine and fires, but Octuv's connection to the warp, even down here, aids him in sidestepping the shot. The Other Destroyer with the much larger weapon also takes fire at Octuv, and due to the his warp enhanced abilities he too side steps it.

The final two Lychguards quickly size up their threats. One charges right at Octuv in an attempt to fell the marine, or to at least tie it up in melee. He strikes out twice at the marine, but the robes and their protective aura block both strokes. The last Lychguard charges the Praetorian and they both swing at each other, though it seems like the Praetorian came out of the first combat more worse for the wear.

Olanphonia, they were 12m away, so you would have had to charge and swift attack. That should net you 10 DoS (one for success, one for androit, 8 for the difference between 90 and 10. That would only net you five hits, and it blocked one, but more than enough to kill it.

Octuv rolled 55 on the second precog dodge, so trigger perils. Rolled bloody tears and warp madness, so figured tears would be the choice, with no statutes or art around. Lychguard 3 charges and all out attacks getting two from furious assault, but of course your flipping shimmering robe triggers both times.

Okay, The lord and two destroyers are 50 meters away, with the lord slightly elevated on a throne platform. The Lychguard are much closer, all about 12 meters away from the edge of the lift. Between you and the Lord are some Necron Obelisks that one can use for cover, if one wanted to do tactical moves, but the closest Obelisk is 20 meters away from the Lord.

Ini looks like this so far:

Vincent: in combat w/ LG1
Octuv: in melee w/ LG3
Dash:
Misha:
Armsmen with stub revolvers:
Lucretia:
Necron Lord: 26m away, behind full cover
Lychguard 1: 6/35,
Corvax: 11 in combat w LG2
Lychguard 2:
Destroyer 1: 5/35
Destroyer 2:
Lychguard 3:
Lychguard 4:
Praetorian: 5 24/40 in combat w/LG4

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"Rude! You're supposed to stay down! No repeat performances!"

Octuv tries to jump back, but the Lychguard doggedly pursues him, too smart to let him open up any distance so he can use his heavy bolter. Cursing, Octuv draws his inferno pistol and snaps off a fiery blast at the Necron.

Disengage Acrobatics vs 45: 77

Precognitive Strike vs 85: 48

Inferno Pistol vs 85 (50 +10 Size +10 Standard Attack +15 Precog Strike): 67

Damage Pen 12: 24

pre:

S:    (8)30

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2),  Darksight, Unnatural BS/WS/Agi (2)

Skills: Acrobatics, Awareness, Athletics, Dodge , Operate (Surface), Parry, Psyniscience

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Favoured by the Warp, Heightened Senses (All), Legion Weapon Training, 
Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Step Aside,

Psychic Powers:

Precognitive Dodge: Reaction, -10 Perception Test. Counts in all respects as an Evasion test.
Precognitive Strike: Free Action, -10 Psyniscience Test. Grants +5 x PR to the first WS/BS test I make that turn.
Warptime: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. -10 WP Test. Grants Unnat. WS, BS, Agi (PR).
Celeritous Sense: Half Action, Free Action Sustain. +0 WP Test. +5 x PR to Per and Evasion tests, ZH on 9 or 10.

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam             Pen       Clip        Rld      Qualities

Ramoran Bolt Revolver        45m    S/-/-      1d10+13X          6         6/6       2 Full    Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3)
Legion Heavy Bolter         150m    -/-/8      1d10+15X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, Slayer Limb, Belt Feed, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Grenade Launcher             60m    S/-/-         ---           ---        6/6       2 Full    RDLS, Fire Selector, Noxious Discharge
+Stun Grenades                                                             6/6                 Blast (3), Concussive (2)
Inferno Pistol               10m    S/-/-      2d10+13E         12         2/3       Full      Melta, Recharge
Force Sword                  ---     ---       1d10+14R          7         ---        ---      Balanced, Force

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades.

GC Rapturous Standard: All those dedicated to Slaanesh who can draw LoS to the backpack standard can reroll all failed 

GC Shrieking Soul: 6/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 
and all effects of being On Fire except for the damage. Captures the souls of any sentient being the bearer kills.
Once per session, captured souls can be unleashed as a Full Action. This is a psychic attack with a radius
of 1d10 per soul. All not dedicated to Slaanesh in this radius must pass a -20 WP test or be Stunned for 1d5

Psychic Hood: +5 to FP tests. Can spend a Reaction to impose a penalty on any one FP test within WP meters. The wearer makes a FP (WP)
test and imposes a penalty of -10 x DoS on the other psyker's test. This test can alternatively be used to nullify a power that
directly affects the wearer, no matter the range. Success blocks the power's effects only against the psyker; other targets are
affected as normal. Nullification tests are treated as FP tests in all regards, including the possibility of Psychic Phenomena.

Blue Fire: 6 Rounds duration, free reroll on all psychic power castings, but even Fettered causes Phenomena on doubles.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Test vs 30 (S/T): 2#1d100 55 33
Previously on Rogue Crusade
Rebel hobbles his rear end to the orb, winded due to the strain of gravity on his cybernetics. Though fatigue causes his meat body's fingers to shake when he does repairs on his weapon, he manages to get Aleph-452 working again.
Tech-Use to fix gun vs 40: 1d100 38

IN COMBAT
Initiative: 1d10+8 15

Rebel joins the fray finally after taking a moment to observe the capabilities of his necron enemies and allowing them to engage the astartes first. He fires a single shot of ultraviolet plasma towards the already wounded destroyer, the better to finish it off with.

Accounting for -10 due to fatigue (i think). Half Action Aim/Half Action standard attack=50 to hit not accounting for size modifiers=Standard Attack (Destroyer) vs 50: 1d100 17 bang bang
Spend a IP to activate that legacy weapon ability which makes guns gooder and poo poo for the rest of the encounter. Weapon hits with razor sharp.
Overkill Damage Pen 26: 1d10+19 23 replace die with DoS (1 for success+3 additional DoS=4)

pre:
Primary Combat Block:

Wounds: 18/18   Infamy: 4/6  Initiative: 1d10+8 Fatigue: 1

Aleph-452 90m S/2/- 1d10+16[19] Pen: 13[26] Clip: 14/20 Rld: 2.5 Full Special: Legacy of Slaughter, Maximal, Reliable, Overheats (Purified Plasma)
Maximal 100m S/2/- 2d10+16[19] Pen: 15[30] Special: Legacy of Slaughter, Maximal, Recharge, Reliable, Overheats (Purified Plasma)
Fallen Magos Power Axe 2d10+9 E Pen: 6 Special: Power Field, Unbalanced, Two Handed

Noteworthy Bionics
B.C. Black Blood: Rebel is always considered lightly wounded and also heals much faster, removing two points of Damage per day. In conjunction with the Prosanguine talent, 
Rebel may make a Tech-Use test after spending 10 minutes in meditation. Success heals 1d5 wounds + 1 for every 2 DoS. 
Rolling a 96 or higher causes Rebel to lose the ability of both talent and implant for one week.
B.C. MIU: Grants  a +10 bonus to Tech-Use, Pilot, Drive, Logic, Inquiry, and Weapon Skill tests when interfaced with MIU systems.
G.C. Cerebral Implants: Grants a +20 bonus to Logic and Lore tests as well as Unnatural Intelligence (+2) trait.
Luminen Capacitors: May recharge or power machinery with a successful toughness test.
G.C. Servo Arm: Can extend up to 1.5m from the back mounting and has a fixed strength value of 75 and Unnatural Strength (+7), 
always used no matter the user’s personal stats. The servo arm can lift heavy objects or allow Rebel to tether himself to a suitable to a suitable anchor as a Free Action. 
May also be used to strike as the Rebels’ reaction for the round or used to make a Standard Attack (so long as it is only used once per round).
Optical Mechadendrite: +10 to Perception test, may be used as a telescopic sight, IR torch and sensors ensures Rebel takes no penalties and in fact gains a +20 to 

Noteworthy Gear:
Conversion Field: If the field blocks more than 12 points of damage from a single attack, the release of light acts as a photon flash grenade burst centered on Rebel. Rebel is unaffected by this.
Fallen Magos Power Axe: Counts as having a combi-tool built-in. User may attempt to corrupt Imperial Technologies and their Machine Spirits with them on a -30 Tech-Use test, 
Unholy Unguents: Makes a weapon immune to jamming for a full game session, requires a full action to apply properly.

Noteworthy Gifts
Steel-hearted: Counts all enemy fear levels as one lower. Fear 1 enemies have no effect on Rebel.
Wreathed in Chaos: +10 to all interaction tests with Chaosy folks. +10 when intimidating his enemies.

Noteworthy Talents
Combat Formation: All members of the party including rebel add +1 to Initiative and may also choose to use Rebel’s Intelligence Bonus for their Initiative roll rather than their Agility Bonus
Master Chirurgeon: Any successful heal attempt heals 2 additional wounds. If the character is in danger of losing a limb, Rebel provides them a +20 bonus on the toughness test.
Technical Knock: Rebel may unjam any gun he can touch as a half action, but may only do this on one weapon a round.
Weapon-Tech: Once per combat encounter, Rebel may increase the damage and penetration of any weapon personally wielded by him by his intelligence bonus for one round. 
Weapon must belong to the Melta, Plasma, Power, or Exotic category to benefit from this.
Whirlwind of Death: Rebel inflicts additional melee damage to a Horde equal to half his WS bonus.

Special Ability
Traitor to Mars: Rebel gains the Binary Chatter ability. This ability increases the loyalty of all minions who are servitors or other cybernetic constructions by 10.  

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent's moment of satisfaction is ruined as, just as he is about to turn on one of the remaining Lychguard, his opponent flashes blue and its head reappears. Vincent spares a glance downward at where the head had fallen after he removed it with his sword. "Most things" he says with a growl as he launches back into another flurry of vicious strikes, "have the decency to stay dead after I remove their head!"

Aim + Lightning Attack TN: 60: 7, 6 DoS + 1 adriot=7 hits
Damage: 22, 24, 22, 21, 26, 19, 19 all pen 8. No ZH, unfortunately.

pre:

Wounds: 15/15      IP: 6/6

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)	
- Dodge +10
- Crushing Blow

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 25, 2017

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Misha

His gun still cooling, Dash, well, uh, dashes behind another pillar, attempting to flank the Necron Lord for his next shot. Misha wracks his brain for relevant info while keeping his eye on the lord. He joins Rebel in attempting to put down the Destroyers before they can fire again.

Dash is sprinting to try to get to a place where he can fire on the necron lord but also be in cover. If I'm reading the rules on Sprint right, he can move 72 Meters. Misha rolls FL Necron to get some insight on these guys and literally fails by 1., so unless there's a +10 or more involved, nada. I'm not sure if that's a half action or not, but semi auto on destroyers, focusing fire on the one Viva is shooting. Shooting the other if the first one dies (permanently).

BS 43 +10 short range+0 semi auto+10 half aim if I have a full action=53/63 vs [49]=That's uh, left leg? (:psylon: I presume its hover pad thing instead) 1 or 2 DoS+2 Dos from Unnatural BS= 2 hits

[http://orokos.com/roll/551511] A whif of 6 damage and max'd 15 damage both pen 4. 15 is a ZH. Result= [1] "Target is knocked back 1m and must make a Toughness +0 test or be knocked prone". Not sure how that works with a hovering dude.

pre:
Dash

*Step Aside

Demonic Plasma    90m   S/2/-  1D10+13E   13  20/20   2/2  5 Full   Maximal, Overheats
*stalker bolts
pre:
Misha

*Step Aside

Bolter            100m   S/3/-  1d10+5    4    8/8  18/24   Full   Tearing

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Sep 18, 2017

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Corvax

The Throne Room:

Corvax looked at the re-awakening skimmer incredulously as it recovered from a direct salvo from one of the best heavy marksmen he'd ever had the pleasure of encountering.

"Is this resurrection effect due to their Lord, or just some thrice-damned side effect of their existence?"

Lucretia fired off another two shots towards the legionnaire's target, with at least one of the strange crystals heading in the right direction. Corvax attempted to negate the machine's heavy defensive shield it carried with a flourishing side-step maneuver that struck at its weak side.

Because of forcefield stuff just kind of randomly negating hits (as they're designed to do), I'm going to leave damage/crits/etc. to your rolls, if that's okay.
Lucretia aiming and shooting at the Lychguard that Corvax is in melee with.
Lucretia Single Shots at Lychguard (TN 60): 2#1d100 7 95
Whoops, forgot firing into melee, so the TN's 40. 1 Pen 10 shot to the body, 1d10+6E, min 10
Corvax Feinting, then Single Swinging at the same Lychguard
Feint (TN 70), then Single Swing (TN 80): 2#1d100 61 29
1d10+20E to the left leg, min 26.

pre:
     WS   BS   S          T           Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel          Inf
     60   30  70(+4)   40(+4)  40   40   30   40    60(+2)   68, 6/7 IP

Wounds: 10/18         Armour: CC Legion power Armor (10 Body, 8 Else)
Dodge: 50, Parry 100+  Corruption: 45

Legion Bolt pistol  30m  S/2/–   1d10+9X    Pen.4  8/8  Full Reload | Tearing
The Void Harvester  Melee —      1d10+20E   Pen.8       Balanced, +10WS, Devastating 3 
							Power Field, Terrorizer, D-Grip,
Relevant Traits/Talents
Power Armor - +1 Size w/o -10 Stealth, +20 Str (Already added in statline)
Terrorizer - User gains Fear (1) for the duration of the fight after killing an enemy.
CSM Heightened Senses (+10 to hearing/sight)
Beguiling Gem - See Tome of Excess
pre:
     WS   BS   S   T   Ag   Int  Per  WP   Fel
     05   40   10  20  40(8) 20   40   35   40(8) 

Wounds: 4/4   Dodge: 50  Armour: 9 All (2 Synskin, 5 Ablative, 2 Natural)

2x Q'Sal Crystal Caster  15m  S/-/–   1d10+6E  Pen.5  5/5 Rld:Full.
Qualities: Razor Sharp, Crippling (6), Shocking (-20) test if absorbed/deflected
Add-Ons: Silencer, Red-Dot Sight

Relevant Traits/Talents
Ambidextrous/2WW/Gunslinger, Quick Draw, Hip Shooting. Mighty Shot (included above)

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Fueled by anger and quite a bit of a desire to see something finished, Vincent once again lets loose with a flurry of blows that the LychGuard's shield and power field are unable to counter. A series of slashes and stabs once again see the blue glow leave the creature's eyes, but would it be permanent this time? Meanwhile Octuv pulls out his Inferno Pistol and shoots the Lychguard that has decided to get up in his business. Normally this would be a dangerous proposition, but the shimmering field projected from the Lychguard's shield glows brightly as it absorbs the entire heat of the melta shot. Just like the last time Lucretia shot at the other Lychguard, the power field releases the shot back at Octuv. Thankfully his own power shield absorbs the blow, but he effect caused by the shimmering robes flickers out as the redirected melta exceeds its arcane power.

Rebel finishes his battlefield assessment, and fires upon the destroyer that is back from the dead. The shot strikes at the machine's large hover chassis, and seems to have some desired impact, as the creature slumps to one side, but remains floating. Dash runs into the small forest of Obelisks to try and get a good angle on the Necron Lord hiding among them, finding a good position, but in his haste to move forward, the Necron Lord sees him take his spot. Misha fires upon the leaning destroyer, but even at its best, the bolter seems unable to penetrate it's hardened robot shell. Lucreita fires at the Necron engaged with her master and the shot is not stopped by a power field this time, but the crystal round impacts into the creature without having any effect.

The Necron Lord looks at the group engaged with his Guard, and the lone Dash. The Necron Lord charges at the lone heretic. He ends his charge with a flurry of blows that the agile pilot is able to side step and duck under the machine's assault, but may not be that lucky if he remains stuck in melee with the Necron. Running off by himself is looking more and more like a bad idea.

Vincent's luck is non-existent as the Lychguard gets up for the second time, bringing his weapon around in a sweeping blow, which is too wild to hit the heretic. Corvax is similarly stifled, as the power field around the Lychguard once again absorbs the blow. At least if the Creature were parrying it would at least be a battle of skill, but the field cheapens the excitement. Though given the Lychguard's sloppy feint and easy to parry attack, even without the field there would be little skill.

The two destroyers take their shots. The damaged one fires off a series of rapid fire Gauss shots at Rebel. Most of the shots go wide, but one of the rounds finds it's target flaying through the flesh and machinery on his left arm. The blow from the gauss weapon is unlike any pain that the Dark Mechanicus had ever experienced. His left arm begins to violently jerk as pain cascades through his system. His On board OS has only one option to cause a full cascade failure: A hard reset. The battle disappears from Rebel's view as his system reboots, the heretek falling to the ground.

Corvax sees the other destroyer level his Gauss cannon at him, aiming down the sight of the weapon. He tries to dodge out of the way, but the Lychguard in his face makes it hard, and while he rolls out of the way of what would have been a torso shot, the Gauss blast instead hits the marine's left leg, penetrating to the bone and weakening it enough to cause a fracture in the Alpha Legionare's leg.

Rebel gets a destroyed leg on the Destroyer, which I guess I will give it as a reduction in his hover trait, not that he's going to move much.

Both of the destroyers hit, and they both rolled 9 on damage, triggering ZH on Rebel and Corvax.

Huh, this one is kind of a challenge. Lychguard are tough nuts to crack.

Octuv: in melee w/ LG3 Power Field overloaded.
Rebel 8/18 Stunned 1 round, prone, left arm useless for 2 rounds
Dash: 30 Meters away in melee with Necron Lord
Misha:
Lucretia:
Necron Lord: 30m away, behind full cover
Lychguard 1: 6/35,
Corvax: 11 in combat w LG2 08/18 Movement in half and no run or charge until get medical attention.
Lychguard 2:
Destroyer 1: -2/35
Destroyer 2:
Lychguard 3:
Lychguard 4:
Praetorian: 5 30/40 in combat w/LG4

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Still trying and failing to get away from his relentless pursuer, Octuv finally switches to his force sword in desperation. Without his shielding robes, any reflected fire would have a solid chance at instantly obliterating him. At this point, the best he could do was to try to throw it off with his extremely limited hand-to-hand capabilities.

"Oh, for the love of Slaanesh, will you go away? You are CRAMPING my STYLE."

He spins to the left, then swipes upward, trying to sneak under the Lychguard's shield.

Yeah, Lychguards are uncrackable without dogpiling them in melee or getting very lucky.

Acrobatics vs 45: 81

Feint vs 30: 38, 1 DoF on the Opposed Test.

Precognitive Strike vs 85: 10

Standard Attack vs 65: 17

Damage Pen 7: 18

Since I don't know if the attack even made it past the forcefield, let alone the shield, I'll leave the possible Force Opposed WP Focus test to you. If I made it through, I'll Push the test at PR 6, TN 107 (62 +30 PR +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood). Psychic Phenomena would be +20 for pushing while sustaining 2+ powers.

pre:

S:    (7)30

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

Inferno Pistol               10m    S/-/-      2d10+13E         12         2/3       Full      Melta, Recharge

Wargear:

Blue Fire: 5 Rounds duration, free reroll on all psychic power castings, but even Fettered causes Phenomena on doubles.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Misha

Unpleasent, to say the least, Dash attempts to dive out of the way and completely fucks it up :rolldice: dives to one side with 3 DoS. He hefts the plasma. "Hey, tall, dark, and gloomy, you met the missus?" The world goes white.

Seeing his erstwhile boss in danger, and not having any luck with the destroyers, Misha sends a hail of bolts toward the necron lord. Hopefully they retained enough of a mind to actually be scared of incoming damage.

Dash disengages with a half action and Point Blank Ranges the lord with his plasma. BS 50+30 PBR=TN 80, [77], 1 hit. [18] pen 15 damage. Misha surpresses the lord but hits nothing/

pre:
Dash

Wounds: 11/11        InfP:4 /6      Movement: 6
*Step Aside

*stalker bolts
pre:
Misha

*Step Aside

Bolter            100m   S/3/-  1d10+5    4    8/8  15/24   Full   Tearing

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Sep 25, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
poo poo, should have mentioned this earlier, but I just noticed it when reviewing Ronwayne's post. The Necrons are all size five; so you all should be getting another +10 to hit.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent looks up briefly as his opponent falls once more and, noticing Dash's predicament, calls out to him, "Don't hog the big guy, his head would make a fine trophy!" He takes a step in Dash's direction before the now familiar flare of blue light erupts from the fallen Lychguard. "Die you cursed machine!" he yells as he attacks once more.

[i]I swear to god I'm going to kill this loving thing.
Aim + Lightning Attack TN: 70: 61, only 2 hits.
Damage: 19, 22. Pen 8.
pre:

Wounds: 15/15      IP: 6/6

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)	
- Dodge +10
- Crushing Blow

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
By this point the power field projected by the actual physical shield of the Lychguard went from novel to infuriating when the power field blocked the strike from Octuv reducing his melee strike to so much wasted effort. Vincent has much more luck. He thrusts out through the field and past the shield, first thrusting through the skull/head, and then pulling the sword out and decapitated the Necron for the second time. This time the decapitation must have stuck, for when the head hits the ground nearby both the Necron and its head disappear in a flash of green light reminiscent of the sickening light that brought them here.

Dash, who finally just ran through the defensive line to engage the Necron Lord, finds that the lord does not have some ancient shield giving him some sort or power field; or if he does, it did not activate as the quick shot of plasma washes over the Lord's leg, blackening the limb. The hall is briefly illuminated by muzzle flashes as Lucretia, Misha, and the six armsmen fire at targets but either miss or find their rounds deflected by the Necrodermis of the the Necron.

With nothing between him and the Necron Lord, Dash is horrified to witness the damage he just did to the leg quickly disappear before his eyes as the necrodermis shimmers, almost like oil on the surface of water, the plasma burn lighter and lighter with each shimmer. The Lord takes one large stride towards Dash and takes two large swings at him with his sword, but the agile pilot once again gives the Lord the slip. If he can keep this up he might be able to eventually damage it!

Corvax's Superior swoardsmanship, and the favor of the Gods, finally helps him. He starts with a slice going high, causing the Lychguard to raise his shield. When the Necron does, Corvax brings the blade swiftly down behind the shield, contacting Necron leg and not power field, piercing though and through, sparks visible as he withdraws the blade.

The shots from the Destroyers go wide, and the Lychguard engaging Octuv goes in for the kill, but the warp aids him again in avoiding a likely killer blow.

The Two Necrons exchange blows, each taking hits on the other.

Vincent delivered yet another headshot kill to the lychguard, which is cool enough to result in him permanently disabling it, no resurection protocol save.

Octuv is down a fate point. You rolled a 96 on your precog dodge roll, and after all was said and done it would have brought you to -9 and a crit death. So you spent a fate point to re-roll that precog dodge focus power test.

Also the Necron Lord had a resurrection orb. I have decided to retcon that out, which is why a lot less regeneration this round.

Octuv: in melee w/ LG3 Power Field overloaded.
Rebel 8/18 prone, left arm useless for 1 rounds
Dash: 33 Meters away
Misha:
Lucretia:
Necron Lord:
Lychguard 1:
Corvax: 11 in combat w LG2 08/18 Movement in half and no run or charge until get medical attention.
Lychguard 2: 4/35
Destroyer 2:
Lychguard 3:
Lychguard 4: 16/35
Praetorian: 16/40 in combat w/LG4

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent grunts with satisfaction as the necron's corpse vanishes. He hefts his sword and runs to Octuv's side to engage the lychguard preventing the Marine from uses his weapons to their full potential. "I'll deal with this one, you focus on the big ones!" he says as he strikes at his new target.

Not sure if this counts as Ganging Up if Octuv disengages after my turn. Move and Swift Attack this time.
TN 70 (80 if ganging up): 63 1 hit (2 with ganging up)
Damage: 22 (+22 if ganging up) Pen 8

pre:

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)	
- Dodge +10
- Crushing Blow

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

With Vincent acting as a distraction, Octuv finally manages to make distance between himself and the Lychguard. He slides the force sword back into its scabbard and turns his attention back to the Destroyer that had the nerve to get back up after he killed it.

"YOUR PART IN THE SHOW IS OVER, DESTROYER! GET OFF THE STAGE!"

Octuv pours a stream of high-explosive bolts into the offending Necron, scoring two flawless hits to the head before stitching the rest of the shots across what remained of the thing. He had no intention of letting up the barrage until every last trace of this upstart xeno was eradicated.

Blue Fire gives me free rerolls on all psychic powers, so I didn't spend an IP on that dodge.

Acrobatics vs 45: 74, okay, no, gently caress you

Acrobatics vs 45 IP Reroll: 8, that's more like it

Precognitive Strike vs 85: 80

Full Auto Burst at Destroyer 1 vs 75 (50 -10 Full Auto +15 Precognitive Strike +10 Short Range +10 Size): 87 NOPE NOPE NOPE

Full Auto vs 75 Reroll: 1 :v:

Damage Pen 5: 25 25 21 22 21 22 25 20 24, ZH on hits 1, 2, and 7.

ZH (Head, Head, Body): 3 3 1, but I'm really hoping that dumping 185 damage into the Destroyer that's at -2 health is sufficient to completely obliterate it beyond all recovery.

pre:
IP: 3/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 6/12/18/36

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

Wargear:

Blue Fire: 4 Rounds duration, free reroll on all psychic power castings, but even Fettered causes Phenomena on doubles.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Misha

"Ahaha...hah." Dash dodges lethal blows and hopes his luck doesn't run out before the marines find time to kill this rear end in a top hat in front of him.

Misha meanwhile targets the unengaged Lychguard, hoping mortal-sized bolter rounds do something to them.

Dash takes a Disengages and steps 3M away to avoid charge range

Misha hits (BS 43+10 size 5,+0semiauto,+10 half aim,+2dos from Un Nat BS) Lychguard 3 and with 3 hits clocks 10,14,9 pen 4 damage.

pre:
Dash

*Step Aside

*stalker bolts
pre:
Misha

Unnatural BS, INT 4
*Step Aside

Bolter            100m   S/3/-  1d10+5    4    8/8  12/24   Full   Tearing

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 8, 2017

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Vincent charges at the Lychgard harassing Octuv, letting out a fury of blows in the process. The Lychguard raises his shield and blocks them, but the distraction is enough to allow the Larger marine to escape the clutches of the Necron and level his bolter at one of the Destroyers, while Dash levels his gun at the other. Both fire in near unison. Dash melts a hole in the already damaged destroyer's torso, causing a look of surprise on its face before it teleports away. The chamber is filled with the cacophonous sounds Octuv's pain vent amplified heavy bolter, the weapon penetrating and detonating the creature so many times that the head shatters, and it disappears in a blinding green light to join its comrade.

Rebel stands up just in time to see a few bolt rounds from Misha impact the nearby lychguard harmlessly.

The Necron Lord looks down at Dash, then over at the rest of the group, then back at Dash, and one last time at the rest of the heretics. The Necron is suddenly covered in darkness, as if a shadow covered him. Meanwhile, a shadowy doppelganger appears in front of Corvax. In an instant the shadow in front of Dash is gone, and the shadow in front of the Alpha Legionare has taken full form of the Lord.

I know Octuv was going to go after the one with -2 wounds, but I took the liberty of switching that target. Since I also telegraphed the Necron Lord's action, I took the liberty of directing a shot from Dash to the damaged destroyer. You each wipe them out, and they fail reanimation protocols and stay dead.

Kept it short. Everything else was all misses and parries and everything, opted to skip the play by play in favor of getting this overdue post up.

Vincent: in combat w/ LG3
Octuv: Power Field overloaded.
Rebel 8/18
Dash: 33 Meters away
Misha:
Lucretia:
Necron Lord: in melee with Corvax
Corvax: 11 in combat w LG2 and the Lord 08/18 Movement in half and no run or charge until get medical attention.
Lychguard 2: 4/35
Destroyer 2:

Lychguard 3:
Lychguard 4: 16/35
Praetorian: 16/40 in combat w/LG4

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Before this even begins. 1 Infamy Point to remove all fatigue, 1 to heal up
IP to heal wounds: 1d10 9
Activating Weapon Tech for the one round, once per combat poo poo.

"Regeneration complete. Targeting the Lord. Corvax prepare for shot in 3 seconds." Rebel says on the vox, giving his ally the bare minimum warning before firing on his target on his special Nova Setting. Ultraviolet tinted white hot plasma flies over Corvax's armor, melting the ceramite on one of the "bulbs" on the side of his power pack on the way to the target. On this setting, Aleph-452's shots easily make a mockery of even a Land Raider's armor plating. The Necron Lord stands no chance.

BS 40 + 10 MIU + 10 Range - 20 Firing into melee for an even 40 to hit on Semi Auto.
HOPE CORVAX DOESN'T GET hosed UP B: 1d100 12 3 DoS. Two shots hit. Razor Sharp i believe applies
Weapon Tech Plasma Damage Pen 44: 2#2d10+26 35 32 (replaced one die with DoS)

pre:
Primary Combat Block:

Wounds: 17/18   Infamy: 2/6  Initiative: 1d10+8 Fatigue: 0

Aleph-452 90m S/2/- 1d10+16[19] Pen: 13[26] Clip: 8/20 Rld: 2.5 Full Special: Legacy of Slaughter, Maximal, Reliable, Overheats (Purified Plasma)

Noteworthy Bionics

Noteworthy Gear:

Noteworthy Gifts

Noteworthy Talents

Special Ability

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 19, 2017

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Octuv turns and almost raises his heavy bolter to aim at the Necron Lord, but hesitates.

"Oh, enough of this. It's been too long since I really introduced another instrument. Slaanesh help me, I've become... conventional. Formulaic! Let's remedy that! LET'S RING THE BELL!"

In one smooth motion, Octuv draws his Ramoran Bolt Revolver and snaps off a single shot at the Necron Lord's forehead.

Precognitive Strike vs 85: 9

Headshot Necron Lord vs 75 (50 +15 Precognitive Strike +10 Aim +10 Accurate +10 Size -20 Called Shot): 85

Headshot Reroll vs 75: 33, 6 DoS with Unnatural

Damage Pen 6: 18 19, subbed DoS for damage

pre:
IP: 2/6    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 6/12/18/36

Traits:

Psychic Powers:

Ramoran Bolt Revolver        45m    S/-/-      1d10+13X          6         5/6       2 Full    Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3)

Wargear:

Blue Fire: 3 Rounds duration, free reroll on all psychic power castings, but even Fettered causes Phenomena on doubles.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

"Tough ones, aren't you." Vincent says to the Lychguard as his blade clangs off its shield. He knew it wouldn't respond to him, but Vincent still felt the need to goad the machine. There was something unsatisfying about not seeing fear or anger or any emotion in his opponent's face. "When I'm done with you" he spits, "I'll kill your master. Some guard you are." His blade becomes a blur as he strikes at the Lychguard over and over, attempting to bypass its shield and warding sword.

Aim + Lightning Attack: 60+10-10+10: 12. 7 hits
Damage: 28 (ZH=3), 19, 27, 22, 28 (ZH=5) , 20, 22
ZH rolls are Stun 1 round and makes the arm useless and May only take Half Action next round + 1d5 levels of Fatigue. My weapon also causes fatigue if the damage doesn't kill him.
pre:

Notable Abilities:
- Adriot (WS)	
- Dodge +10
- Crushing Blow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Dash & Misha

"Hey, we were just getting started..." Dash's smartass remark hides the fact he's quite happy the lord teleported away from his face. Taking time to ventilate the destroyer, he takes careful aim at one the lychguard.

Meanwhile, Misha, his impotence in this fight made quite clear, moves toward the pedestal the destroyers had recently been guarding, attempting to divine its purpose.

Full aiming while waiting for the gun to cool down. Misha will Run toward the pedestal the necron lord was standing in front of.

pre:
Dash

*Step Aside

*stalker bolts
pre:
Misha

Unnatural BS, INT 4
*Step Aside

Bolter            100m   S/3/-  1d10+5    4    8/8  12/24   Full   Tearing