Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«50 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:02

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent glowers at the man throughout his spiel. He had met men of his stripe far too often: self-serving, vain, and utterly loathsome. His hands itch with the desire to pull his sword and pin the man to his overwrought walls. The group needed him, though, and Vincent slowly works his way back down to a level where he can speak while the others are speaking. "Once we get your 'associates', where do we put them? Assuming they're still alive."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

"There's a safehouse location in the dataslate there, Porthos. Oh, and be careful using your own ships, customs tracking keeps all ships on auspex scanners from when they leave a ship all the way to landing, so the first thing they'll check when you hit the Arbites is air traffic, and tie your ship right to it."

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Threebags coughs out a lung. He is about to speak, when he decides intruding into the pasty lawyer's mind would me much more enjoyable.

For Saul Goodman Steve only:Do you happen to have anything that belongs to this Mr. Heston? A book perhaps. Or a pen. Or a vial of arterial blood. You know how this all works.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

Frustrated with the lack of progress, and restraining the urge to take out some frustration on a number of these pathetic wretches, Hashim satisfied himself with snapping the neck of the final ratling to refuse him before stalking to his quarters and work out his frustration on the training dummies. He'd love a live opponent, but Vincent was on the surface, and even a "friendly" training bout between him and Flint would likely end in at least a crippling injury if not death to one of them, given both their current moods.

Hmm, perhaps he'd come up with a better idea to find a "volunteer" later.




Nothing much, just checking in to say that I'm not dead. Just not much to mention at the moment.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Steve suddenly jumps up from his desk, pushing himself away. "What is this crap, a psyker!?" he shouts at the room. "You don't just go jumping in peoples' minds like that without asking! What the hell is wrong with you? I don't care which of you that was, get out of my office, you have the data slate. Go do your jobs, or you can kiss that Warrant Escrow goodbye!

Realizing they have pushed their luck, the human infiltration team leaves and heads back to the ship, to better digest the intel they have been given, and to confer with their Astartes counterpoints as to a plan.

That's my way of pushing things along, also to punish frankie! for constantly mind-talking, not everyone is used to that, ya know.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Fuming, Threebags literally shakes with rage as he is escorted out of the Third Sector Bank of Scintilla. As he reluctantly puts one foot in front of the other, he silently vows to make Stephen Gramsh get his. With a lot of effort, he manages to still his mind long enough to spit out a few words to his comrades.

"I will... I have errands to run in the underhive. I will be back before this all starts. I must take penance for my actions."

His cloak takes a greyish tinge, and with that, the little psyker melts away into the omnipresent press of Scintillans.


Going to take a few hours before I return to the ship in order to A) Take penance, B) Hopefully find a low-level witch for my choir and C) Find some info on this Heston fellow, in no particular order.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

"Mr. Threebags," Boli addresses him just before he leaves, "while I would in no way dream of impeding your activities, I would also greatly prefer to not have to recover you from a Blackship. Please be discrete. Oh, and our employer may have further use for Mr. Gramsh, so we will all have to resist our pressing desires to kill him. For now."

-------------

He sits at the table in the senior staff briefing room, a mug in front of him flanked by the pot of recaff and bottle of spirit he occasionally tops it up with. He considers the problem of locating a potentially hallucinating, hyper-paranoid drug dealer who has consumed too much of his own product, and comes to an irritating conclusion. "This Heston. Our respective life experiences do not exactly... coincide. I am ill equipped to predict his movements or grasp his state of mind. While ingratiating myself with those who may be concealing him should not be overly arduous, I can offer little in the way of identifying said people."

Leaning back in his chair, he turns to Xanatova, "Miss Xanatova, I believe you are our resident expert on mind altering substances and those who consume them. Does the information here provide any insight as to how and why this idiot may have brought himself to ruin?"

I'm assuming that those of us who are not Threebags have convened aboard ship to discuss the problems at hand. Does Common Lore (Underworld) exist in this ruleset, and does anyone have it?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent is used to men who thought themselves kings of their domains ordering him out, and leaves without a fuss. The broker would be sorry if he pushed his luck once the job was done though. Vincent's time being a servile lackey was long over.

---

Vincent paces for a few moments before speaking. "Only thing I know about drugs is how the Wyst nobles acted when they were hopped up on the stuff. Depending on the drug, our man could have spent some time on a murderous rampage in the underhive. He also might have spent it curled up in a ball somewhere staring at mold on the ceiling." He runs a hand across his chin and continues. "Now the train situation I might know something about. Let me see a map, and maybe I can make some sense of what their plan might be. Used to have a friend in the Arbites." He grimaces. "Used to."

Common Lore(Arbites) at 25

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova shakes her head at Boli. "Without knowing what he's been making, and how, no. Maybe someone found out and came after him. Arbites, inquisition, hive gang, dissatisfied addict, insulted noble, the man's not exactly short on people who might wish him harm. Maybe he overdosed. Maybe the warp taint got to him and he ended up having to hide a tentacle. Maybe he's been making d-dust and is trying to hide from anyone who can recognize a daemon when they see one. Too many possibilities to know what spooked before we get a look at his apartments and warehouse."

If there's more information about his activities on the data-slate, disregard previous. Common Lore (Underworld) exists, but I don't think any of us have it.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

Corvax stood up from his chair in the briefing room, putting down a data-slate.

"It seems the party that has just returned has its task. After all, it wouldn't do to have -us- walking the hives, asking questions of the passerby. This train business can be accomplished with rapidity, if not discretion, with an overwhelming display of force. Hashim, Ironstag, any suggestions on specifics?."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:02

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

"Pardon my input captain but I believe brother Ironstag has raised an important point. We don't want this to look like an attack from a team of Space Marines though if the target is valuable enough to justify our action then I believe there is no point in hiding that the attack is heretical. We just need to make it convincing to the follow up investigation team that whatever hit the train was not us specifically.

Simple mercenaries or our own soldiers may work but I was thinking something a little more...intriguing. We find out who else is being transported on that train. We nominate a specific candidate to rescue alongside our target. This candidate should be perhaps of a noble or military family hmm? Dress our troops in their colours and make sure some small evidence is left behind. Kill everyone else. This should push the suspicion of corruption upon another family.

As a greater bonus we may even gain ourselves a hostage to use as leverage against the family in the future."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:02

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:02

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

"Apparently, and understandably given the quantity of Naval materiel in system, they track all small craft traffic between ship and ground. It would make using our own aircraft somewhat blatant. A hijack stage may be necessary at the start of any strike plan."

He turns back to read the dataslate in front of him.

"What are the chances that the runaway has also been picked up, or hounded by, the arbites? Do they take interest in such matters as narcotics? It would be nice to be able to infiltrate one fortress and gain information on both targets."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Boli reads the dataslate. It contains the address of the runner, a Dr. Ernest Heston. There is an address of primary residence in the upper hive spires. It also contains an address mid-stacks that is a second residence, and a third address of an abandoned industrial facility in the lower stacks, used for storage and chem-making.

It also contains information on "Oscarr" no other name. Heretekical gunsmith engaging in "innovative" weapon design, with a legitimate weapons business as cover. Was arrested on bogus cultist activities. Known to be bogus as he is not a Chaos Worshiper, but does work with Chaos cults. Currently in Arbites compound in Gunmetal city. The Hover-train leaves weekly with prisoners, with the next train leaving in two days. The Train will go to the Sector Arbite headquarters in the main hive, and Oscarr will likely be transported from there to the Tricorn.

The safe house location for both men to be dropped off at is a set of global positioning coordinates that indicate a patch of waste outside the hive cities.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent crosses his arms as he considers the plans put forth. In truth, he didn't have a great deal of input that could help besides the obvious. "I'll go wherever I'm needed. I can easily pose as a bodyguard for one of the unenhanced crew, or as a serf for one of the Astartes." He turns his eyes on the Corvax. "What is the plan, Captain?"

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

"Unless the team that was on the ground has anything else to add, we'll take Schecte to pilot our transport, and you, Vincent, to accompany us as a boarder as we engage the train en route, unless you feel your skills are best applied to the more delicate situation. Speaking of which, the rest of you will find this miserable addict - Lysandra, Xanatova, Boli, and Thre..."

Corvax slams his armored fist on the briefing table.

"Where in the twisting immaterium is Threebags?!"

If anyone has OOC reservations about going on the train attack mission, I can always have my crazy cultist Minion fill in while you find the missing dude. I realize I'm the IC commander, but it's lame to just order people around.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

Boli fliches as the table reverberates under the blow. "After Mr. Gramsh objected to his speaking directly into his head, he departed once we had left the bank speaking of penance and errands in the local slums. I did not feel it my place to stop him, so I let him go with a plea for discretion. He implied he would return within the day."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent nods. "I have no problems with that. A suggestion, if I may? If we have a way to get me onto the train in advance as a or the like, I could relay information back to the rest of the group as well as sabotage any defense from the inside. I'm not much of a...I'm not very convincing however. If we had a way to create some fake papers or someone to get me in that would be best if you decide that is a good idea."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Mr. Threebags decides his best course of Penance is to find some use to the Dark Gods and his mission. Before the rest of the renegades return to the ship, Mr. Threebags glances at the dataslate and picks out the address of Ernest Heston's Upper Stack condo; they were already in the upper stacks so it made a sensible target.

The building is a large spire jutting off the side of the upper hive, close to the Palace. Each Condo occupied a floor of the building, and the lift requires either a key code or to be buzzed up. Luckily, the dataslate had the keycode, and Mr. ThreeBags Punches it in. The Condo is on a high floor, and it takes the Psyker five minutes to ascend.

He steps off the elevator into disarray. What was once an opulent living suite has been reduced to a mess. Even to an untrained eye this was not the result of reckless partying, but a systematic search. Tables are overturned, books ripped off shelves and leaved through, holes in walls between studs, paintings and couches ripped open.

In the back of his mind the psyker senses a small warp presence. Non-sentient, like the very small sense of taint on an object. He tries to find the taint, but keeps being brought to an empty bookcase. The small presence is right behind it, there must be a false room, Mr. Threebags cannot find it.

pre:
Opperation Breaking Badder
Father Boli
Xanatova    
Lysandra
Mr. Threebags

Current plan: Meet with Threebags, work way through clues and locations on dataslate

Operation Thin Lizzy
Corvax
Hashim
Vincent
Namtar
Vorgash
Hieronymus Schecte
FLINT MOTHERFUCKING IRONSTAG

Current plan: flyover and drop on train.
Okay, does the above split of labor look right? Also, Operation Thin Lizzy give me your full plan. Right now some want to board the train, others want to sneak aboard, others want to attack the Arbites precinct-block Assault on Precinct 13 style so hash it out. Take all the in thread time you need, you guys should be thinking these things through.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:02

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

"A fair plan, though it leaves a mystery as to who actually did the deed - assuming everything goes as planned. Some local element to take, or at least divert, the blame would be helpful, though not necessary."

Corvax opens the vox channels to Tibur.

"How are we in terms of available small craft?"

Both branches (spoofed ID or drop-off) of that plan sound good. Mechanically, we should be able to drop a fair distance - perhaps a lascutter that we ditch afterwards would make things go quicker. That's really the issue here. We need to land, crack the right car open, murder everyone but the target, and then get the hell out of dodge fast. I don't think we can get away clean, so we might as well make everything as dirty as possible. Also, we probably have some acquisitions we need to make.

Jolinaxas fucked around with this message at Jun 26, 2013 around 10:26

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

"I think I can do something with the lander's transponder to deal with the ID, but whether I can install jamming equipment on it depends on what parts we have available. If I have to build one from scratch in a hurry, I make no promises." She looks at Boli and Lysandra. "As for Heston, I think we should start with his manufacturing and storage facility. Knowing what he's been making could help us figure out what drove him off Steve's radar. Looking around there should also attract less attention than a manhunt in the more prosperous parts of the city. I'd prefer we have as much information as possible before heading to the upper hive." After a moment, she continues. "Does anyone know where Mister Threebags is?"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:02

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Once more, Threebags was to be confronted by a conundrum of abyssal depths. What to do? He was no sleuth, that was for sure. He would miss any hidden hatch, or switch, or cleverly thought out riddle to answer. But there was one thing he found he could always count on.

A worrying smile crosses his face. "Use your head, Threebags!"

Ramming that wall with the power of MY MIND. Gonna telekine at her to punch through, at fetted.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

On Board the The Abominable Sovereign
At the question, Tibur looks at Corvax, shrugs, and says, "That's Vice-Capin Oliver's department." At the mention of her name, the masked former Navy Captain steps forward, salutes, and pulls out a dataslate. "Right now my lord we have four Arvus Class lighters in the main, and only docking bay. There is the hull and some components for a Fury Interceptor in one of the smaller holds left here by the original owner. Why he only had one, why it was incomplete and in pieces is beyond me, but I made the executive decision to keep it in the hold before you arrived my lord. It needs extensive work, a multitude of parts, and labor that could not be completed in our timeframe, but is a project for the future." Afterwards, Vice-Captain Olivia bows and returns to her position.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

Corvax nodded at the masked woman.

"A project for the future indeed, Vice-Captain. Ironstag, you're in control of the specifics here - what else should search about? So far, it appears we'll need explosives, various materials for the drop and extraction, and to abstain from the use of our bolters. Xanatova, keep us appraised of news involving the feasibility of the jamming equipment. Does anyone else involved have anything to add, or an issue with the plan as presented?"

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

"Once our tasks are complete, and the warrant is secured, it would probably be best if we vacate the system as soon as possible. If any of you had some urgent need for the pursers office to acquire equipment while we are in port, it should probably be arranged soon." Boli turns to Vice-Captain Oliver, "In a similar vein, if there is anything that the ship requires replenishing before we depart, I would encourage haste. I am sure that Miss Lysandra can provide some plausible reasons for the necessity of our swift turn-around if it raises any suspicion."

He turns towards Corvax and raises his eyebrows, "Unless you have plans otherwise, of course."

I think those of us going on Breaking Badder should be set once Threebags checks in. It's probably going to be less plan, more reaction anyway.

I don't know if we have the means to acquire anything while we're here, but Boli is pretty sure that hanging around for an extended period would be a bad idea.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

"I'm ready whenever, Captain." Once the briefing ends, Vincent hastens to his quarters to retrieve his gear and then reports to the shuttle to begin the operation.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:02

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Vorgash waits patiently for the group to conclude their discussion before approaching Vincent.

"I have a favour to ask you that may provide a great advantage to this endeavour. I plan to abduct an arbitrator and...extract the information we need to identify any particular noble that may be caught up and disguise ourselves as his followers. Abducting the noble in the arrangement will be an added benefit. The difficulty to this is I am not...equipped to be seen on planet. Your skills would be invaluable down there. What do you think?"

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent looks up at the sorcerer, a bit surprised. "If I can be of assistance, of course. Do we have enough time to do this before we launch our search for the addict and our jailbreak? Or are you hoping to take a prisoner when we attack the Arbites?"

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

When the meeting has concluded, Xanatova leaves the room and heads to the laboratorium. Annoyed by the lack of a comprehensive inventory of what they have on-board, she spends some time trying to find the necessary components to build the vox jammer the marines had requested. Though she's not happy with what she was able to find, the laboratorium is decently equipped, and when she starts working she harbour some hope of being able to make it happen despite limited time and resources.

Trying to build Flint his vox jammer. 63 (int) +10 (combi-tool) +10 (MIU(I assume I can plug myself in to a workbench or something since we have a fancy lab)) +10 (tech use +10) +20 (laboratorium) -20 (difficult test) = testing at 93.

Waci fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2013 around 22:20

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

e: nevermind

Werix fucked around with this message at Jul 3, 2013 around 22:42

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Addressing Vincent, "Beforehand, we have two days to achieve our task. We need to locate a member of the adeptus arbites who has knowledge of the prisoners on the train and then abduct him. I will handle the rest. The end result should be to provide us with a plausible excuse for the attack that does not link it to the cult."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

"A fine plan. Hopefully the Arbites won't take action on the disappearance until after we've already gotten our 'friend' from their custody. Perhaps we could lure one to us with a call from Lysandra or Boli?" Vincent taps his chin. "Either that, or a quick visit in person making a request for the Arbites to send a senior representative to the location of our choosing."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Xanatova is able to construct the signal jammer with what was laying around, sure to block military signals in a wide range, well in planetary terms.

The group finds that Vorgash has a good plan and since the rescue has a hard time frame they all decide to go to gunmetal city and message the errant psyker.

Mr. Threebags is able to use subtle warp manipulation on the locking mechanism, opening a small room. Inside is table with a scale, some blue powder in little baggies and an encrypted dataslate. The powder is the source of the warp stench, and he takes all the powder and the slate before being picked up.

The lighter with everyone in it lands at an abandoned warehouse in gunmetal that the escrow agent told them about when he was voxed during the landing, having calmed down, but still angry about the earlier psychic intrusion.

Sorry about the delay no internet at my new place for another week so posting from my work phone. I consolidated you all to speed things up. So all of you are on operation thin lizzy following Vorgash'S plan of capturing a dude to mind screw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent looks around their temporary headquarters, pleased that it was in a part of town that the general Arbites patrols wouldn't frequent. "Perhaps we should send a group to the nearest Arbites fortress and lure a small group down here and take them hostage? If we're careful about our story the rest of them won't raise the alarm until it's too late and we've already gotten what we came for."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«50 »