Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Once the situation calms itself down, Octuv immediately moves himself into a lavish set of quarters that probably belonged to Musing or one of his favorite guests. He then sets about decorating it to his own tastes, plundering suitably hideous objets d'art from around the manor and setting up ritual circles for future fun. For too long he'd focused on live performances; his little humiliation at the hands of those noise marines had reminded him once again that stagnation was death. He had to perpetually expand his own horizons or be devoured by the same hellish mediocrity and predictability that cursed the rest of the universe. To that end, how many centuries had it been since he'd actually summoned a demon? Incense, mood music, sacrifices...

Lights flicker and waves of pleasure and pain pulse through Musing's manor house as Octuv plucks a Fiend from Slaanesh's Garden and wrestles it into the material universe with sheer psychic might. 36 slaves die glorious, agonizing deaths to cement the daemon's hold on the material universe. The Fiend put up a good struggle, but Octuv easily cast the Furies that followed it into reality back to their hell. Another wave of his hand reduced the Fiend back into psychic energy and forcibly integrated it into his Ramoran revolver. The weapon twists and writhes, then falls docile in his hand, utterly broken to his will. The Noise Sorcerer tests it out on a few of Musing's ugliest pieces of art, strategically positioned for just this purpose. The sound of shattering statues fills the air, and the resulting fragments are most pleasing to the eye. Returning the newly-fleshy weapon to his side, Octuv taps into the manor's communications systems and puts out the word.

"THE DAEMONOLOGIST IS NOW ACCEPTING NEW CUSTOMERS, HA! I'M RIDING HIGH, MY FRIENDS! BRING ME YOUR COMMONPLACE GUNS AND TOGETHER WE'LL MAKE A GLORIOUS WORK OF ART!

Picking up Int +5 and FL (Daemonology) +10, because I'm gonna make some daemon weapons.

I'll start by making one for myself but I'll make one for anyone else who wants one. I'm trying to summon a Fiend of Slaanesh with the Rite of Wild Fury (ToF 64), since they have a WPB of 3 as opposed to the Daemonette's 2. I'll borrow Corvax's Ritual Kit.

Summon Fiend of Slaanesh vs 150 (60 Base -10 Difficulty +30 Mark of Slaanesh +20 Devoted to Slaanesh +20 Sacred Numbers +10 Psy Rating +10 Ritual Kit); Ritual Phenomena x2: 1d100 44 2#1d100 17 63, Fiend is easily summoned, the ritual causes Aura of Taint which makes any nearby animals scared (they should be) and the Furies (I take 1d5 damage ignoring armor but not toughness and test against Fear 2)

Furies Damage+Fear vs 72 (62 +0 Fear +10 Rapturous Standard): 1d5 3 1d100 21, nothing, now I roll Daemonic Mastery with the same giant list of positive modifiers,

Daemonic Mastery 150 vs 54 (34 +20 Aware of Intent) Opposed: 2#1d100 80 21, even if I charitably assume it's aware of what I'm up to it can't win, so now the hardest part, the actual making of the weapon. I'm putting it in my Ramoran Bolt Revolver.

Insert Daemon into Revolver vs 80 (60 Base -60 Difficulty +30 Mark of Slaanesh +20 Devoted to Slaanesh +20 Sacred Numbers +10 Psy Rating +10 Ritual Kit -10 Common Craftsmanship): 22, 6 DoS, so Binding Strength 6. Unless Werix lets me willingly lower that, but that's not RAW. For now that means the minimum of 1 power. All participants (ie me) take 2d10 temporary Characteristic damage, there's another Phenomena roll, and then I roll for a power on the characteristic table which I can choose to increase by the daemon's Infamy characteristic, which it probably doesn't have because it's just a random Daemonic Beast.

Ritual Characteristic Damage, Phenomena, Unaligned Weapon Table Roll: 2d10 5 1d100 14 1d100 52, Hoarfrost forms on all nearby surfaces, Weapon trait is Piercing, so that's +3 Damage when the weapon inflicts Critical Damage. Characteristic damage is recovered at a rate of 1/hour so I'll be ready for round two in 5 hours.

DICE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Upon Octuv opening shop for the creation of daemon weapons, he is visited by someone that the command crew has not seen in awhile, Aspiring Champion Volcens with the plasma gun he used to help take down the Mauler and Forgefiends. It seems in the time since, especially due to Octuv eliminating Gorsha, Volcens has taken to leading all of the armsmen on ship to defend and prosecute any boarding actions. Hearing that Octuv was providing daemon binding into weapons he approaches with his Plasma gun, looking for the Marine's work.

Meanwhile, Dash is smiled upon by the Gods.

Trying to bring back some NPCs, so Volcens from the time daemons boarded the ship in the warp has come asking for daemon weaponing on his plasma gun.

As for Dash Gifts/mutations, they are as follows:

Dash (aligned Slaanesh): The physical dice gave you a roll of 80 on the Infamy test, so you do not get a gift of Slaanesh!

Gift of the Gods roll: 41! Modified by your Infamy Bonus gives a range of 34-48! The range of Gifts is:

Eye of Chaos: As you are aligned Slaanesh, you will gain Interrogation, or gain +10 to it if you already possess the skill
Eye Stalks: No alignment change.
Centaroid: Lithe Reptile lower body. So you are scaly, and in addition to getting quadaped get +10 on all acrobatics.
Featureless face: You can no longer verbally communicate, so you'd help everyone else!
Illusion of Normalcy: Boring in that you hide your mutations, but gives +20 to Deceive. Guess it fits the pretty-boi motif.
Flaming Skull: No alignment based change
Headless:So alignment based change

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

"I'd be glad to, Volcens! Please, take some leisure time. This will take a few hours."

Once again the manor fills with the unearthly screams of an enraged Fiend of Slaanesh. Potted plant life sags and rots away, its life leeched away by the ritual. Blood pours from the walls and drips from Musing's statuary. Then things go off plan. Octuv's will slips at the crucial juncture and the Fiend breaches the circle of control. Its mind-assaulting howls echo through the halls, accompanied by mocking daemonic laughter and insults from onlookers in the Warp. Behind the din, anyone nearby can hear Octuv's roars.

"THIS IS FINE. I CAN STILL CONTROL IT! EVERYTHING IS FINE!"

Corruption Gain (Ritual 1): 1d5 1, which puts me at 60, so I get a mutation. We'll roll that later.

Summon Fiend of Slaanesh vs 150, Ritual Phenomena x2: 3#1d100 79 40 45, Fiend is summoned successfully, Ritual causes Unnatural Decay (all plants within 3d10 meters die) and Bloody Tears (everything oozes blood, statues and paintings weep blood). I'm really doing a number on Musing's quarters here. Serves him right.

Daemonic Mastery 150 vs 54: 2#1d100 3 15, Daemon broken, now for the hard part.

Daemon Plasma Gun Creation vs 80: 97 oops, let's not

Ritual IP Reroll vs 80: 1d100 84, well, at least the Contempt roll will be unmodified.

Contempt of the Warp: 73, "Mocked: Howls of daemonic laughter fill the tortured air, and the character’s worst secrets and shames are hurled at him in mockery. The character gains 1d5 Corruption Points."

Moooom, The Daemons are Making Fun of Me (+CP): 1d5 4

How rude! Also the daemon is now rampaging loose. It's fine, I'll handle it.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Corvax

Musing's Estate, Lord Musing's Manor:

Corvax sat in meditation, waiting for the second skin his melanchroma organ had secreted as a prophylactic against some of the radiation to finish flaking off and considering his options. Soon, he take a tour of the manor properly, while enjoying the finest vintage the feckless Pirate Prince was foolish enough to leave lying around.

With both a station and a ship, he could do whatever he wante- what was that noise? He quickly tapped at the micro-bead in his ear.

+I hear laughter that's making my eyes water... I assume that the situation is under control? Whatever it is? While I'm broadcasting, I would like all of your input on our next task. I'm comfortable with anyone but Aethun, honestly.+

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Vincent busies himself billeting the armsmen in the former quarters of Lord Musing's army. Proper quarters and duties would allow the armsmen to rotate off the ship and provide labor and security on the asteroid base. We'll need more soldiers, Vincent muses as he assigns quarters based on standard Imperial templates. He was never much of a logistics man, but he did know soldiers and he had felt the warp's touch. The soldiers with certain Gifts or devotions would need to be separated to bring fraternal violence to acceptable levels. As he assigns the last set of quarters, he has a thought. A stroke of genius, really, he congratulates himself, the arena would serve to allow sanctioned violence among the crew, create opportunities for the command crew to identify worthies for advancement, and bring glory to Khorne through bloodletting! What a novel idea, I can't believe no one has thought of it before, he thinks, smugly.

After his work is complete, he retires to his quarters. He reflects on which of the competing priorities to which the crew could attend. On the one hand, Draeven's plan appealed to him, in that it would likely end in violence. On the other, completing Draven's plan seemed likely to tilt the balance of power in favor of Jaeden and Draeven. Plus, a space hulk would provide plenty of close quarters action.

The lights flicker soon after, and Vincent is hardly reassured by Octuv's roared assurances. "Looks like something has gone wrong in whatever daemonforging Octuv is working on. I'll head that way.

Purchasing advances in WS, Intelligence, and Athletics. I've also passed a corruption threshold, from 48 to 53, so it's time for another GIFT OF THE GODS. Current infamy is 84.

I'm good with following up on Draeven of the Great Master's plans.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
As the command crew go about their tasks and decide what to do, their thoughts are disrupted by sounds coming from the corner of the estate that Octuv has claimed for his own. It appears one of his summonings has gone wrong. Vincent was close enough to join in and assist, but otherwise, it will take the others some time to get there.

I figure I want to actually have a small fight with the Slaaneshi daemon. Right now it is Octuv and vincent there to fight. I am going to throw initiative out the window and borrow things from Wrath and Glory. One of you goes, then the fiend, then the other, then the fiend, and we'll just alternate until one side kills the other. Their songs and musk should be interesting enough.

Assume it is already in close combat with Octuv, so he needs to use a pistol/melee weapon or disengage.

______

Okay, so mutation for Octuv. On the Infamy roll you got a 49, so you get a gift of Slaanesh.

you got a 92 on the gift roll, so you get One Thousand and One Senses! You have super senses from Slaanesh. As such, from now on when you pass an awareness skill test, you double your DoS!

Vincent mutation. You rolled a 93 on the infamy test, so you get a regular old mutation.

You rolled a 50 on the test, so your range is 42-58. That leaves you with the following choices:

Featureless Face:
Illusion of normalcy: as you are Khorne, all your enemies will always be counted as surprised when you initially attack them.
Flaming skull
headless
Icon of Blasphemy: For one round gain fear (3) can pass a -20 str test to extend it by one round.
Infernal will: immune to fear. If you fail a test by four or more you get shock. In addition, if the failed skill is a khorne alligned skill, can adjust the roll.
inside out
psudeo daemonhood: as you are khorne, you get brutal charge.
intelligent cist.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Octuv

Cursing and struggling to evade the enraged demon's attentions, Octuv throws caution to the wind (nothing else he'd done today had been cautious, so why start now?) and throws himself backwards, letting the daemon land an easy strike in return for clearing enough room to bring his heavy bolter to bear. The screams and thunder of his weapon are added to the general cacophony of the screaming daemon and his own yelling.

Disengage Acrobatics vs 60: 85

Disengage Acrobatics Reroll vs 60: 97

Alright fine, if you're gonna be like that, then I'm just going to half-action move out of melee and eat the opportunity attack, then:

Precognitive Strike (Unbound) vs 70 (40 Base -10 Difficulty +25 PR +10 Psy-Focus +5 Psychic Hood): 24

Heavy Bolter vs 95 (50 -10 Full Auto +25 Precog Strike +30 Point-Blank): 63, 3 DoS for 3 hits.

Damage Pen 5: 3#2d10k1+15 24 23 20, might be dead, could dodge the whole thing.

pre:
Wounds: 14/14      AP: 10 Chest, 8 Rest
IP: 6/8    SB: 7      TB: 8     Movement: 6/12/18/36
Force Field: 45 (1-5 Overload)
Dodge: 50
Precog. Dodge (Fettered/Unfettered/Push): 85/90/90
WS:      30
BS:      50
S:    (7)30
T:    (8)40
Ag:      50 
Int:     45
Per:     40
WP:      62
Fel:  (7)50

Traits:

Unnatural Strength (4), Unnatural Toughness (4), Unnatural Fellowship (2), Darksight

Skills: Acrobatics +10, Awareness, Athletics, Dodge , Operate (Surface), Parry, Psyniscience

Talents: Ambidextrous, Bulging Biceps, Favoured by the Warp, Heightened Senses (All), Legion Weapon Training, 
Lightning Reflexes, Mighty Shot, Nerves of Steel, Quick Draw, Resistance (Heat, Cold, Poisons), Step Aside,
Target Selection, Unarmed Warrior

Psychic Powers:

PR 5

Sustaining: 

Precognitive Dodge: Reaction, -10 Perception Test. Counts in all respects as an Evasion test.
Precognitive Strike: Free Action, -10 Psyniscience Test. Grants +5 x PR to the first WS/BS test I make that turn.
Warptime: Half Action, Free Sustain. -10 WP Test. Grants Unnat. WS, BS, Agi (PR).
Celeritous Sense: Half Action, Free Sustain. +0 WP Test. +5 x PR to Per and Evasion tests, ZH on 9 or 10.
Lash of Submission: Half Action, +0 Opp. WP test. PR range. Victim's actions are chosen by me for PR turns (only 1/2 action per turn).
Regeneration: Full Action, Half Sustain, -10 WP Test. Grants Regen (4) and +PR to the Regeneration test.
Unnatural Healing: Half Action, +0 WP Test. Heals 1d10+PR Damage on touch, self or others.

Weapons                      Rng      RoF       Dam             Pen       Clip        Rld      Qualities

Daemon Bolt Revolver        45m    S/-/-      1d10+16X           9        Infinite   Never     Best, Accurate, Concussive (2), Proven (3), +3 Critical Damage, Binding 6, WP 34
Legion Heavy Bolter         150m    -/-/8      1d10+15X          5        Infinite   Never     Best, SL, BF, Unreliable, Pain Vents, Cursed Metal, Tearing
Grenade Launcher             60m    S/-/-         ---           ---        5/6       2 Full    RDLS, Fire Selector, Noxious Discharge, Reliable (GC)
+Stun Grenades                                                             5/6                 Blast (3), Concussive (2)
Inferno Pistol               10m    S/-/-      2d10+13E         12         3/3       Full      Melta, Recharge

*SB, Mighty Shot, and Force damage already incorporated

Wargear:

GC Legion Power Armour: Darksight, +10 to Sight/Sound tests, Immune to Photon Flash/Stun Grenades, GC Helmet Augmentations.

GC Shimmering Robes: Force Field.

GC Rapturous Standard: All those dedicated to Slaanesh who can draw LoS to the backpack standard can reroll all failed 
WP tests and reduce all damage taken by 1 (to a minimum of 1).

GC Shrieking Soul: 0/6 Souls Captured. Bearer ignores Fatigue, Stunning, all Critical Effects except limb loss, blindness, or death, 
and all effects of being On Fire except for the damage. Captures the souls of any sentient being the bearer kills.
Once per session, captured souls can be unleashed as a Full Action. This is a psychic attack with a radius
of 1d10 per soul. All not dedicated to Slaanesh in this radius must pass a -20 WP test or be Stunned for 1d5
rounds and take 1d10 permanent WP damage.

Psychic Hood: +5 to FP tests. Can spend a Reaction to impose a penalty on any one FP test within WP meters. The wearer makes a FP (WP)
test and imposes a penalty of -10 x DoS on the other psyker's test. This test can alternatively be used to nullify a power that
directly affects the wearer, no matter the range. Success blocks the power's effects only against the psyker; other targets are
affected as normal. Nullification tests are treated as FP tests in all regards, including the possibility of Psychic Phenomena.

Psy-Focus: +10 to FP tests.

BC Recoil Glove

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Vincent

Given our discussion in the OOC thread, I'll just make a selection for the mutation and leave the combat part out unless we decide to resolve it before moving to a new game. Also, if someone PMs me the discord info that might make coordination a bit easier.

Taking Icon of Blasphemy.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Port Misanthrope, formerly known as the Estate of Pirate Lord Musing.

Five months since the Estate was captured by the crew of the Abominable Sovereign
Four months since the Crew left on some mission.

The journey by the cell was rather boring, as far as journeys go. Crammed aboard a mass conveyance plying Chaos space means there are only so many things the ship is designed to hold, and it did not really come with any crew accommodations. After three uneventful months in cells normally used to transport human cargo, the Mass Conveyor arrives in orbit around what has now been named Port Misanthrope as the "Port" is small by Port standards. It is another few days of waiting as the Mass Conveyor waits in line to dock with the station. Even though the cell demands a few times from the Captain to be allowed to take a lander of some type, the Captain refuses, indicating that what passes as docking control is refusing entry by any small vessels, and also indicating he only has a few landers, and does not trust he'll get it back.

The vessel ultimately docks on one of the asteroids tethered to the main central asteroid with facilities large enough to allow a vessel up to cruiser size to be dry-docked for repair. The facility is being woefully under-used as a docking station for vessels coming to try and trade for supplies or personnel. When the ship docks the cell is led through a separate airlock than the one that the rest of the cargo is using for disembarking. At the end of the ramp they are met by an exhausted looking woman with scribetines in front of a cogitator. "Ah, so you're arriving as non-chattel eh?" She motions towards the main gangplank, where human cargo is being off loaded. She turns back to the paperwork presented by the group before giving a knowing smile. "I've been requested to provide you all with legitimate documents indicating your use here. Be careful, there is still a need to be filled in repairing the damage to the station, and a lucrative sum to be made by selling even legitimate residents as slaves." She hands everyone crude Ident cards with their names on them and the word AUTHORIZED RESIDENT in large letters.

The cell makes their way from the docking asteroid to the central one, which has become quite the mess. What once was a large and beautiful grounds under a star-backed dome around Musing's large estate has become a shanty town. Though the space is nearly a kilometer around, the various pollutions of civilization assault the senses. The sounds of a few thousand people talking, shouting, vomiting and dying have no place to go as they bounce and echo around the space, making locating the sources difficult. The heat is also oppressive as the mass of bodies press in on each other in makeshift housing of all types more akin to what rampaging Orks construct. Lastly is the smell, as the smell of food mingles with sweat and untreated waste to make a particularly nauseating bouquet.

The outward facing portion Musing's estate still takes up one half of the space, a wall around the spires. The walls and main gate are armed by armsmen, but the form of a couple astartes are seen, but it is hard to make out their legion from this distance. The sounds of various houses of entertainment can be heard, depending on if one's vice of choice was flesh or intoxicants. Some sort of preacher can be seen near a fire, throwing stuff into it while preaching to a small gathered crowd.

The cell remembers that their dead drop was supposed to be in vent unit 28-Alpha-Deacon located somewhere in the "servants" quarters. Looking to the connector to that asteroid, it becomes quickly apparent that it is not in use, as a large shanty town is around the entrance. The group also will need to find a place to operate from.

Okay, start of the new game.

Reminder, these are the asteroids at Port Misanthrope:

1. Central large asteroid with a huge estate carved into it.
2. Asteroid containing a giant battle arena
3. Asteroid used for recycling scrap willed with angry servitors/daemon engines
4. A large, though damaged, asteroid containing living spaces for a few thousand slaves/servants/men at arms.
5. Musings Menagerie, which is literally an asteroid with multiple artificial habitats designed to hold Musing's animal collection.
6. An asteroid that is a mooring for ships up to cruiser size for repair and retrofit.

Number 4 is where you dead drop is but it seems like initial access might be difficult.

You also need to find some place to operate out of. You could set up in the shanty town here, but there are other options.

Underlined items are potential items of interest, but feel free to go around, explore some thing, try to dig for information. If there are rolls to be made, I will direct you.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Threedee

The half-assed psudeo servitor blinks. By which she means both eyes go dim and turn on, once, twice, as if recalibrating what they're seeing is correct. "This. This seems like a bit more planning could've gone into it. Want me to go look for the vent we're supposed to go to and we meet back up? First meetup is I guess by the fire with the crazy guy, and if that explodes into violence/blood/corpses/whatever as things are wont to do, secondary meet up location is uh. The place selling mystery kebabs right next to bar with the, uh, sexy nurgling sign over the door. Any other ideas?

quote:

Name: 3D-PD
Archetype: Heretek
Pride: Beauty
Disgrace: Wrath
Motivation: Immortality

Characteristics:

WS 20=25-5 Immortality
BS 50=25+20+5exp
STR 30=25+5
TOU 30=25+5
AGI 50=25+20+5exp
INT 45=25+15+5heretek
PER 50=25+20+5wrath
WIL 34=25+15-2 wrath-4 beauty
FEL 40=25+15
INF 40=19+4+15+2beauty
Cor 26=25+1Cold Hearted

Armor: 12=6 Heavy Carapace+2 Armor Monger+4 Mech Assimilation
Wounds: 18=17-1+2

infamy roll: http://orokos.com/roll/730054
wounds: http://orokos.com/roll/730055 -1 wounds wrath

Skills:

common lore Imperium, Imperial Guard, ad-mech, tech
ling low gothic
trade armorer
logic
tech-use+10
dodge
FL: Archeotech
SL: Chymistry
security
parry
medicae
awareness
acrobatics
stealth
sleight of hang
scrutiny
security
athletics
survival

Talents:

Die hard
Tech Knock
WT Las, Primary, Shock, Plasma
Mechadendrite (Ballistic)
Meditation
Armor Monger
Cold Hearted
Enemy Ad Mech
ambidex
two weapon wielder
gunslinger
step aside
wt (Las, primary, shock, bolt, plasma)
quickdraw

Traits:

Quick and the Dead
Mechanicus Implants

Gear:

longlas
bq plasma pistol w/cursed metal
bolt pistol
heavy carapace
g.q. cranial implants
g.q. embedded auspex
black blood
mech assimilation x4
unholy unguents
combi-tool
data slate
Ballistic Mechandentride w/ las pistol

acquisitions:

(From power axe trade in: ) best quality plasma pistol -20 +10 single -20 bq +10 cursed metal
(from light carapace trade in) long las
aq 1: mech assimilation x 4
aq 2: heavy carapace
aq 3: black blood
aq 4: bolt pistol
gq cyber1: cranial implants
gq cyber2: embedded auspex

Alignment: None

Gifts:

Icon of Blasphemy
Projectile Attack

exp purchases 5450/5600

security 200
parry 200
medicae 200
awareness 200
acrobatics 200
stealth 200
slieght of hand 200
scrutiny 200
security 200
Athletics 200
Survival 200

agi+5 250
bs+5 250

ambidex 250
two weapon 500
gunslinger 750
step aside 750
wt bolt 250
quickdraw 250

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

Chrome gets a fettered mindlink up ASAP. "Nah, lets start developing a safehouse network. Primary and alternate for each asteroid. Let's start on the asteroid with the shipyard. Good place to secure transport and get some gossip in. Also I'm gonna need soundproof accommodations. I'm gonna be breaking motherfuckers minds in, you know how that goes."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Threedee

"You do? I'm pretty sure you could torture people in the middle of the street here and no one would care."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

"I don't want anyone knowing our business like that."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Amirah Kleins

As soon as they stepped off the gangplank, Amirah took out a data-slate and began typing in information absentmindedly. The mindlink was unwelcome, but tolerated. She was clearly distracted between the two planes of thought involved.

"Ensuring we have a foothold makes sense. I have some notes to take regardless, I could get a lay of the... station. Such as it is. Then we can retrieve our dead drop and see what we'll require."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Polix Grimm

Polix hisses through his teeth and swallows a sudden flare of burning rage when the psyker intrudes on his thoughts. His own opinion on psykers in general was a vague sense of contempt at worst, but ever since he'd received the Mark he could feel it demanding the blood of anyone who offended Khorne. He suddenly realizes his hand has moved to the hilt of his power blade of its own accord and forces himself to let it go. Still, he chooses to speak in a low voice instead of using the mindlink, afraid he won't be able to restrain himself with the psyker in reach.

"Wherever we primarily work out of, it should be private. If I was going to pick a hiding place, it'd either be somewhere in the shipyard or a cell in the animal habitats. If we stay around here it'll only be a matter of time before I end up gutting someone and hanging them outside, and that's not good for subtlety. That being said, there's no reason not to start investigating here. If we're being watched by an outside party it'll only look more suspicious if newcomers immediately go to some forgotten corner together. We should check the place out for a few minutes and leave in a staggered fashion."

Confident that any necessary updates will come through the mindlink and trying to keep his distance from the source of said mindlink, Polix heads for the preacher. Whether he was a true voice of the Dark Gods or another babbling streetcorner fool, he might reveal what's been going on around here.

Listening to the Preacher.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Selene Montecriste

Selene takes in the scene with carefully hidden shock. She had been to the underhive before, but this was like the underhive's underhive. She brushes her fingers against the laspistol strapped to her hip and thinks for the thousandth time that she might have just been better off facing the Stecklands alone.

She jumps slightly as she registers the voice of the former Arbite floats through her mind. I'll have to get used to that she thinks, before realizing that she wasn't sure if every thought was shared or just certain ones. She watches the "Butcher" take off toward the preacher and decides that, given the choice, she should probably not spend time alone with a man that looked like he was seconds away from chopping someone's head off. "I'll, uh, oh wait..." she trails off as she realizes that a) she could just use the mindlink; and b) her voice was betraying her nerves. Composing herself, she sends, "I'll see if I can find us some a spot to congregate out of sight, perhaps near the supposed "Servant's Quarters."

She waits a moment to see if any of the others wish to join and then hurries off toward the shanty town, keeping an eye out for an "establishment" that would be willing to open a room to a few authorized residents for a few day cycles. Probably a flesh house she muses. I wonder how different they are here compared to back home.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Threedee

"Alright, I'll tag along. You talk, I'll be here and shoot things in the nuts of they get sassy."

Playing bodyguard and tagging along with Selene

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

"Let's go then. Eyes up. Chrome says as she heads with Selene and scans for those following them or paying too much attention.

Standard awareness test for security purposes please

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Amirah Kleins

Amirah stowed her datapad in a bag draped across her shoulder, absentmindedly starting to speak before awkwardly turning it into a cough, and resuming the mind-speech.

"I'll see how security is, at a casual glance, and note other salient features."

She'll check out the Astartes and otherwise get the lay of the place.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Iron Without
Amirah makes her way to about one hundred meters from the stone wall seperating the former Lord Musing's estate and private gardens from the rest of the central asteroid where more public gatherings used to be held. Amirah can see the tops of the walls manned by about a dozen or so men, each one manning a crew serviced weapon by themselves. One immediately spots Amirah and talks into his wrist. She sees the first astartes at the top of the gate house turn in her direction.

The unpainted armor, save for the yellow and black hazard stripes, quickly identifies the Astartes as an Iron Warrior, one of the original traitor legions. The marine stares motionlessly at Amirah his body still facing forward as his head slowly turns towards her. The same cannot be said of the other units in front of the gatehouse. They quickly turn their attention from the makeshift baricades that they are using to level weapons, either human sized bolt weapons or very large Solid Projectile weapons, at Amirah. Near the closed gate, another Astartes focuses on the Chiurgeon.

This helmetless Astartes talks into his wrist, and immediately the the troops on the wall as well as the stoic Astartes start to scan the rest of the area. The troops on the ground keep their attention focused on Amirah.

Firey Invective

Polix makes his way to the preacher, shouldering his way through the crowd to get close to the fire. As Polix stares, he realizes that the fire is no normal fire. Blues, greens, and pinks occasionally swirl in the yellows, reds, and oranges of the flame. The devotee of Khorne quickly realizes that the fire has some sort of sorcerers glimmer effect and turns toward the Preacher. (Polix passed a +10 WP test not to be entranced). His screed is a rather fire and brimstone sort, "Brothers and sisters, fire is seen as a force of destruction, reducing everything it touches to ash! But such destruction is required for creation!" The preacher takes some sort of raw meat jammed onto a wire, and holds it over the fire as he continues. "The fire breaks down the bonds, the breaking down of bonds releases energy, the energy of creation! Such energy can boil water of recaf, repel unwanted insects with it's blistering radiance, or make food safe to eat!"

The preacher pulls the kebab away from the fire, and begins to pass it around, for those gathered to take chunks off and eat. "But yes, fire does destroy. It removes the old, and stagnant, and makes room for the new. Forests, full of old and overgrown trees must burn from time to time, so something new can take its place. As the Book of Grand Kindling Rease says, 'fire, in the hands of the Changer's Servants, can bring about the new by immolating the old!' Who would wish to serve the Changer, and join The Iconoclasts!?"

A Bloody Affair
Chrome, ThreeDee, and Selene start making their way through the shanty town in the general direction of the apparently unused servants quarters, looking for some place to stay. Surprisingly, hotels are not a common sight. In a place where everyone is squatting whereever they want, there is little value in paying someone to use a location they are squatting. Drinking establishments of all kinds abound, as well as locations that imply various other pleasures. Passing by many drinking and whoring establishments the group come to a stop at The Luncheon Pail, a location that describes it self as a hostel for those wishing to taste real food. Realizing that having a place to hopefully eat would be wise, Selene leads the trio inside.

Of course she'd choose a place like this, your comrades are so boring. You should murder them, the daemon inhabiting Chrome whispers into her mind as they enter. A rather pleasant smell of food fills the establishment, comprised of at least a dozen or so shipping containers welded together. A rotund man introduces himself with a quickly forgettable name, and indicates that if the group would choose from the menu, he could seat them in a private room. No one is able to stare at the menu as a scream quickly erupts from an upper balcony. "Excellent, hopefully there is something left to kill."

For whatever reason, perhaps boredom, the trio runs up to where the scream originated from, and a server in some very skimpy dress, is found, platter of food spilled outside of a door. Peering into the room, the group see a grisly sight. A man is in the middle of the room in a pool of his own blood. A Jagged piece of metal sticks out of his torso, which has been stabbed so many times that his midsection is almost pulp. The room has quickly scrawled runes of some type in blood, likely the dead man's that makes the group angry to look at. A trail of blood leads to the nearby window which is nothing more than a square hole cut into the side of a container, not even glass or a shutter, likely because it is on the second level.

Werix fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jun 10, 2019

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Threedee

"Whew, someone leaked Khorne flakes all over the place. Nice to see the room is well ventilated, at least."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

"I'mma go kill who ever left this dude like this, just because they feth'd up my day. Let's give this place a look over real quick. Maybe we can figure it out. Seems like someone's first ritual killing at first glance but who can call it right?"

Scrutiny on the body, window, and runes. If something jumps to mind, maybe roll FL psykers? Otherwise lets just see where the bloodtrial leads. Chrome wants to shatter someones mind and feed off the memories

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 10, 2019

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Polix Grimm

Away from one mind-twisting witch and right into the presence of another. Polix's stabbing fingers grow ever itchier, but gutting this fool over nothing would only draw unwanted attention. Better to gather information before deciding what to do. Perhaps he could infiltrate this group. That was what the Alpha Legion would want, and he couldn't afford to turn on them yet. Not to mention that he needed allies for his own future plans. He refused to operate under the thumb of the hydra forever.

"Tell me about the Iconoclasts, Preacher. Carving a new future is always on my mind, and I don't mind the Changer's plots so long as the blood keeps flowing."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution
Amirah Kleins

Amirah's eyes widened. This was apparently supposed to be a feature known to inhabitants.

She quickly raised her hands and stepped backward, pointing the way she came to indicate that she wished to leave. Astartes with little in the way of entertainment were unlikely to suffer her presence for long.

If their plans involved the estate, it was certainly a hardened target. She'd write that in her notes if she survived to transcribe them.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Threedee

"I mean they got a vacancy now and I think we can get the place for cheap. Real stab-er-up-er."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Selene Montecriste

Selene recoils at the sight of the mutilated body. "Well, that's a welcome reminder that we should remain on guard," she says, nose crinkled with disgust. She peers around the room, trying to decipher the purpose behind the killing and noting any details that jump out at her. She studiously avoids looking upon the runes daubed in the victim's blood. The feeling of incoherent, alien rage the runes created in the pit of her stomach was too disturbing. After a few moments of silence she says, "Well, this is a small mystery we could solve that might ingratiate us to some figure, maybe even the masters of this asteroid." She turns her attention to the serving girl and puts on her best I-care-what-happens-to-you face, "Are you alright? Did you see what happened here?"

Inquiry at 57 to see if we can get some details. I don't have Scrutiny, but I'd try and test that too if possible with base 30.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

I'm already going to test scrutiny at 57 base. Send assists my way for +10 a piece before I roll it. Also werix can I roll it? Also have chrome do it twice if needed. She can mindprobe motherfuckers that she needs to run inquiry or interrogate on concurrently.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Threedee

"We should see if they recycle around here. Maybe we can get a quarter throne for the stiff."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Iron Without
Amirah gives the intergalatic signal for "my bad, please don't end me" while backing away from wall leading to the private gardens of the estate. Hardened target with about two dozen troops including two astartes and heavy weapon emplacements meant that someone was taking defense of the estate seriously.

Firey Invective

The preacher turns to Polix. There is a brief flash of annoyance on his face which quickly changes to eagerness. The preacher stares at the stylized "K" marking Polix's face. "Ah yes, a follower of the Bloodied God! The Iconoclasts worship the Changer in a way most do not. We care little for the schemes of others. Our interest is simple: destruction, especially by fire, is the most extreme way to bring about change. Fire breaks all bonds, destroys all that is static and unchanging and leaves behind fertile soil for new to arise. If you serve your god in spilling blood you will be disappointed as fire boils away the plasma, leaving darkened Iron. If you serve your god through the collection of skulls you will find that fire leaves behind many clean skulls with which to build an altar, which is itself an act of creation born from destruction. We are Tzeentch's blunt instrument of change when the schemes fail!"

A Bloody Affair
Chrome, ThreeDee, and Selene take in the scene. Selene begins by checking on the barely clothed serving girl, but can't get much out of the shocked woman, though what little there is to gain is of little help. She had gone away to get more food for the guest, and upon her return, found him dead. She claims it was only a matter of a few minutes and the warmth of the body seems to verify that. Chrome proves you can put the Daemonette in the Arbites, but you can't get the Arbites out of the Arbites and immediately goes into crime scene investigation mode. She turns to the window and looks down. The ground beneath has dirty boards below it. Given the amount of foot prints in the room it was likely a small group and that amount of blood on their feet would be somewhat visible below even on the dirt.

"Hey sweetie, do you smell something that doesn't belong in such a filthy place? the daemon whispers in Chrome's head and she takes a quick breath and detects ammonia coming from above? She quickly jumps onto the rough window frame and can easily climb up onto the roof from there. She sees by the window a large reddish puddle of diluted blood that smells strongly of cleaning agents. Whomever did the killing likely came in from the roof, and used some sort of basic cleaner to remove the blood from their feet. Try as much as she can, she can see no bloody footprints on the roof, so they must have done a through job cleaning their feet, used some sort of foot cover they took with them, or removed their shoes.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Polix Grimm

"Skulls are as good as blood. Perhaps better, since they're proof of victory. Anyone can bleed and walk away. But if you have someone's skull, then you've proven beyond any doubt that you're stronger than they were. If at the end of the fight they're dead and gone and I'm not, then I've proven my strength beyond dispute. Everything else: the how, the why, the who? It's all details. I don't care if I forward the Changer's schemes, entertain Slaanesh, or leave diseases festering in my wake. Fires, swords, knives, guns, doesn't matter. The destruction is both the ends and the means. So if you need any killing done or any fires set, I'm your man. In return for favors or equipment, of course. The blood doesn't spill itself."

Might as well make some connections and/or get a side job, and hopefully find out what exactly these guys are here to destroy while I'm at it.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

-These guys are competent at least.- Chrome says telepathically to her immediate team. -Maybe we don't kill these guys. Maybe we make them work for us.- As for the roof scene: no bloody footprints, no need. Chrome looks to see how one would get on, and off, this roof and tries to figure out all the various routes, one could take from here.. If she can get in the head of the assassins, figure out how she would get here to do the job, she can also figure out how she would get off the block and be free and clear.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Selene Montecriste

Selene dismisses the serving girl and peers out the window. "If it has only been a few minutes, we could probably catch up to the murderers, or at least find people that saw a small group with new bloodstains on their clothes."

She pauses for a second before saying, "Ah, well assuming that being covered in fresh blood isn't a common occurrence." She smiles weakly.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

-Then lets get on it.-

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Threedee

"Sure, why not?." Threedee's left eye begins to glow and something that sounds like a sonar ping comes out of her ear as she leans in to sniff the fluids.

Let's be the bloodhound here. Finding a scent, preferably the roof runner because why not, and giving chase. Base awareness TN is 50, and good quality embedded auspex gives +20 for TN 70 total, as well as a free reroll on failures.

Acrobatics at TN 50 if I need to dodge/weave/bob/climb while doing this. Scrutiny at TN 50 for closer inspection, and Athletics TN 30 for misc physical stuff acrobatics doesn't cover.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Jul 4, 2019

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

Absolution

Amirah Kleins

Right. No go. Since the others hadn't returned yet, she turned to the entertainment venues. Her aimless meandering ensured that the journey would take a while, but she had notes to take.

"Probably won't have to kill anyone for a proper drink. Probably."

A small part of her missed when that much hardware would have terrified her into catatonia.

Heading to check out the last italic.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Firey Invective

The preacher keeps his smile as Polix makes his offer, one corner of his mouth dropping briefly at the mention of favors and equipment. "The Iconoclasts care little for material wealth friend, but that does not mean we are destitute. Once fire has claimed all those who appose us their food, their goods, their weapons of war are left behind, to be re-purposed for further Change. If material wealth is your desire you are free to take what is left in the ashes, but to truly ascend in the ranks of the Changer's chosen Iconoclasts one must purely give themselves to bringing about fire and doom." He then stops addressing Polix directly and begins to address the dirty and huddled masses present. "For those of you who wish to join in brotherhood and bring cleansing destruction to this fetid material universe, come seek us out at the power plant."

A Bloody Affair
Chrome and ThreeDee climb up onto the roof and look around. With the lack of bloody footprints it leads Chrome to assume that they likely took off whatever feet coverings they had and threw them into whatever bag contained the cleaning supplies. The two look around the edge of the "building" and come upon a bit of a discovery. The trampled mud that now makes up the large festival grounds of the former Lord Musing's central estate do a decent enough job of preserving some footprints. The two can identify eight distinct places where it appears someone jumped off the roof and landed in the ground below. However, the search ends shortly after that. All eight sets of tracks quickly lead their way to busy throughfares where they quickly disappear among the trampled footprints of hundreds of people. Selene attempts to ask around for witnesses, but most of who she talks to hadn't been in the area long, or when asked about people with knives and blood on them just shrug and ask "which ones?", giving the impression that life and death are cheap here.

Each of the members of the cell, regardless of their current location, are drawn from their task by the sound of a short round of weapons fire coming from the entrance to the servants quarters. With nothing else to investigate, the cell meets up at the Iconoclast Preacher, and from there head to the servants quarters.

Repair Detail
The sight outside the servants quarters is a sad one, even for jaded adhearants of the Dark Gods. A makeshift camp has been constructed. A cobbled together barrier, as the term fence would imply more structure than was present, consisting of metal or wooden posts with a web of razor wire between them, contained a mass of at least 400 souls brought here as slaves. Guarding the camp is a group consisting of heavily augmented individuals and armsmen. The armsmen all consisted of men and women in nothing more than flak cloaks stitched together from other flak cloaks and all equipped with slug weapons that give Ork ordinance a run for their Throne-Geld for haphazard appearance. The weapons are clearly hand made, and while they all seem to have the rough shape of STC autoguns, shotguns, and pistols, their shape is one made out of sanded down pieces of furniture for stocks and grips and bent parts of metal as housings.

The augmented individuals were much more impressively armed and clothed. They clearly had the servo harness on their back worn by members of the Mechanicus, but any look at them would lead one to believe that these people had never spent a day on a forge world. The various servo arms and dentrites they had were either fine motor manipulation dendtrites or heavy bulky industrial sheers and servo arms. Their weapons were also clearly made someplace else than a machine shop, but looked less haphazard than the armsmens' weapons, and had a sinister quality to them, as if their primitive appearance was designed to hide something much more dangerous than it appears.

The Armsmen who did not have their weapons trained on the slave enclosure were instead pointed at a small group of mostly dead bodies, who appeared to be slaves. One of the bodies was crawling towards one of the Hereteks, who picked the slave up with a large servo arm. The slave shouted, "The Creature in the walls, it promises freedom from your tyranny! Everyone you send in will join the creature!" The slave turns and shouts to the other slaves behind the barricades, "Volunteer to be on the repair crews, embrace the joyous freedom the Creature will provide! We will resist the repair, the quarters are the Creature's!"

The Heretek quickly and deftly crushes the raving slave's neck with his servo arm, while another Heretek approaches the slave camp. This one is larger than the rest, its face hidden by a large gas mask. It's voice booms out of a laud hailer attached to its servo harness, "Your condition is temporary. Once the Creature is hunted, you may repair the servants quarters. Once they are repaired, you shall be moved into those quarters. Bunks, toilet facilities, climate control are within your grasp if you would take it. Who among you will be the first to lift your station, and will volunteer to kill the Creature in the Walls?"

During this time the armsmen had finished gathering stub pistols and simple over-under shotguns more rudimentary than their weapons and put them in a pile in front of the slaves.

It would appear there might be an opportunity to make some in roads.

Okay, some of my initial stage setting is done. You think you guys might want to consider helping clear out some sort of infestation keeping the servants quarters from being repaired? Or do you have another plan?

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

"My name is Chrome, chosen of Slaanesh. This task bores me but it will be done heretek. Tell us everything of this freak, so that we may slay it efficiently."

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Threedee

Threedee glances at Selene and whispers, "f you wanted to start something, you could try to get an in with the thralls or the goons. Either way, I'm pretty sure I'm proofed against the small arms...not so much the servoarm, but I'd like to avoid that if possible."

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug

Polix Grimm

When the heretek calls for volunteers, Polix speaks up. This looked like as good an inroad as any, and patience had never been his strong suit.

"Take it from a killer: you're wasting your slaves. You send a bunch of nobodies into a confined space with handmade guns and you'll just get a pile of bodies. Or from the sounds of things, you'll get a bunch of armed people who'd rather work for a Creature than you. Hire us to deal with your problem, payment on delivery. Best case scenario you get your quarters back with no dead workers. Worst case you never see us again and you delay getting all your slaves killed by a day."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Chrome

"I mean when you put it like that, can you even afford my services sweetheart?" Chrome says mockingly. "Lucky I'm bored. Call it done, we'll handle it on the backend. I don't like what I get, I get a kid to throw a haywire grenade at you then flatline you. Girl loves her psyreactive diamond encrusted force weapons. Just saying."