Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«49 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Busy juggling with a number of baggies, Threebags drops a few of them after hearing Vincent's words. "What? Lure them? What are we, zonderkommandos on the warpath? These people are the police and you want to assault their headquarters. And you want to do that stealthily, somehow. No."

Threebags pauses dramatically, and raises one of the little baggies in the air.

"What we do, is create a distraction. And then take advantage of it. Catch!" He says, as he throws one of the packets straight at Vincent.

"I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure a few strategically gifted packets of warp-infused drugs will be enough to cause a racket big enough to warrant the sending of a small arbites patrol, even in a place like this".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova tests the fruit of her labour, prodding it this way and that to make sure it works. When is passes every tests she can throw at it short of explosives and a sledgehammer, she takes it to Flint. She then joins the others. When she sees Threebags' bags, she becomes curious. "Warp-infused drugs? Would you mind giving me a small sample for analysis?"

Waci fucked around with this message at Jul 16, 2013 around 20:11

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent looks down at the bags of drugs in his hands. His hands tingle from the contact, even through their containers. "A...surprisingly good idea. Do we just drop them with some people picked at random?"

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

The little psyker eyes the fallen tech adept oddly, cracking a wide grin.

"My dearest Magos, you should know by now; The first taste is always on the house"

As Threebags pauses for another short bow, he stops handling the packets as they continue circling through the air. One of them shoots out, and lands lightly into Xanatova's outstretched hand. Classy.

"What we do" He says, as he turns towards Vincent, "Is add fuel to the fire. I think the most desperate, exhausted, and pathetic they are,the better, really. Can't go wrong with the most expendable of the bunch."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Vorgash does his best to try and ignore the conversation, distasteful as it all was it was necessary.

"The weakest yes. Perhaps in some small way they can do some good. The needs of the many and all that. You are a monster but this seems to be your field of expertise."

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

Tch, drugs; Hashim had always despised the weaklings who relied on them. Still, at least this new plan would put those pathetic scum to use and who knew, perhaps they would die well.

Standing up, he did have a comment to make regarding this plan however. "What will taking them hostage gain us? Will advertising our presence by announcing them, or just stuffing them in a warehouse with the risk of escape particularly help us? Just use the chance to preemptively remove some of our opposition and obtain some disguises for yourselves at the same time."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

"If you do not wish the local cult to be linked to the Arbites, I would suggest minimising any contact with them at all. Missing Arbites would be swiftly noticed, and may lead them to change their local operating parameters. The last thing we want to do is give them a reason to change the time of the train."

Boli sits down at the cheap table in the warehouse.

"If you want to cover our tracks with a noble house, use a noble house. Drug one of their idle children or some other worthless yet close relation. Have them cause a warp-worrying disturbance, or do it yourself, then stage a gunfight between local lowlifes and some of their security forces. We can have pre-killed them all if necessary - a few mentions in the local drinking dens of their victory over the 'corrupters of the family name', and some drug packets planted on the dead scum will produce better rumours than we could design - and then use their equipment for our false flag scraps at the scene. They are likely to be a much easier target than the notoriously suspicious and rigorous Arbites."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

"I appreciate the input but the idea is to disguise the cause of the attack on the noble house. Hence we need to get a passenger manifest."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

"Well, the Arbites don't run everything themselves, there must be hordes of scribes, tech-adepts, loving cleaners who get in and out of the place. Hell, the local police force probably keep track of who gets snatched just so they can scratch them off their own wanted lists. Could we not get some of them?"

Boli sighs, and stares down into his mug of recaff, "It's just... gently caress, I want to kill some of the smarmy self-righteous shitheels myself. I just think that actual arbites suddenly disappearing is going to bring about a level of reaction that we currently don't have time to deal with."

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

"If you think that is best, this is not exactly my field of expertise."


Also everyone here should get on IRC and discuss this with the rest of us.

kingcom fucked around with this message at Jul 18, 2013 around 02:10

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Threebags nods and mumbles affirmatively, clearly enjoying the pent up frustration coming to light.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

"Does it matter if it attracts attention, as long as the attention is far from us? If we plant the drugs in a hab block and the guy they send to investigate goes missing, they wont come after us. They'll go after whatever made-up cult they think kidnapped the previous investigator. Bring a bag of spare blood from the med bay, spray that on the floor and scratch some symbols on the walls of a storeroom, let him report that. Then knock him out, shove him in the boot, leave the scene before backup arrives."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent shifts restlessly. "The Arbites are normally corrupt and slow to act unless their strongholds are attacked. I doubt they'll muster a response before it's far too late. Even if they do, it's even more unlikely they'll find us and bring the forces they'd need to do anything about it. With Xanatova's device, they wouldn't even be able to signal for help and report the nature of the threat."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

Corvax sighed. Suggestions would do little at this point - they would continue to wallow in indecision unless an order was given.

"The added complication of the noble house unnecessarily complicates things. Abducting a single investigator, and then sending them cult-hunting far away from us seems the most prudent course of action. If you wish to shift their focus away from the Greater Powers, there's always Imperial death cults, or simple maniacs."

Sorry about lack of posts. Wasn't sure if this was still a thing, and I've been busy as all hell.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

"Good! Taking charge! That is why we need our dear leader. Now that this meaningless bout of chit-chat is over, I suggest we get to work."

I vote we do this bit quick-like before we get stuck! It's pretty much an optional mission, anyway.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

Boli put his elbows on the table and steeples his fingers, "Death cults, hm. On a world of this size there would almost certainly be some. Splash around a few common iconographical elements, add a few signs of cannibalism..."

Any of: Common Lore (Imperial Creed), Scholastic Lore (Imperial Creed), Common Lore (Ecclesiarchy), Forbidden Lore (Heresy) all at 52, with Total Recall if that matters, to know anything relevant or useful about Imperial Death Cults.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Everyone who can leave the warehouse does so to put their plan into motion. There are a lot of gangs in Gunmetal city, and the group settles on one of them to be where they plant the tainted drugs. It does not take long for the group to find a particular group of patsies, a group calling themselves the Ventilators, living a few levels below the team's current position in an abandoned ammunition factory.

Mr. Threebags is tasked with finding a suitable location for the plant, to call it in, and to observe the location. he chooses a dumpster outside of the gang's territory. He then calls in an anonymous complaint that the gang is selling drugs and one of the stash locations is the dumpster. Mr. Threebags sits at a nearby cafe for a couple of hours and eventually a small Arbites squad comes and tosses the dumpster, finding the drugs.

While that is going on, Boli and Vincent spend their time looking around the warehouses and buildings near-by the Ventilator's territory for a place the group can watch and ambush from. It takes a while, but they find an old administratum office complex with an underground parking ramp and a view of the ammunition factory. After disposing of some intoxicated vagrants, they inform the group they can move in.

Lastly, Xanatova uses her technology skills to find a covered flatbed truck large enough to fit the team, even the fallen astartes, coerces the machine spirit to operate for her, and brings it back to their current hideout. They load up the jammer, everyone's equipment, and everyone, secure the lighter, as there isn't the airspace for Schecte to fly it, and then move to the new hideout to wait.

After waiting for what seems to be hours, FLINT MOTHERFRIGGN' IRONSTAG!!!! notices some movement down below. Seems a veritable army of Arbites in full riot gear are moving to surround the building. Among the Arbites, some non-standard folks can be seen, Boli is sure he sees a judge, Vincent spies someone in power armor, and Vorgash and Mr. Threebags suddenly taste a warp user in the area. It seems the arbites may have brought friends.

Okay, so you guys can swoop in now, wait for the gang and the arbites to thin each other out, try to quick grab an arbite and GTFO all silent like, or whatever you want.

ATTENTION! Anyone who does not post by Wednesday at 6 P.M. Central Standard Time, even if it is a quick, "I look at the arbites and laugh" is getting kicked from the game, and depending on how many folks are left, either the game might get switched up, or closed down. So if you see any of the folks that haven't posted in a while, light a fire under 'em!

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Vorgash does what he does best, waits and watches. Another psyker in the area complicates things but ultimately it is of little consequence. Between himself and the other witch in the group they should be easily be capable of overwhelming this particular foe. Still perhaps his own psychic energy can be used to lure out this awakened mind.

Vorgash slips away using psyniscience to probe out for the psyker and try and get his attention to confront him.

King_com, psyniscience: 95 [1d100=95]

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Scintilla was, as the capital world of the segmentum, known as a place of wealth, luxury and excess. And even if these descriptors usually spoke of darker things, Threebags was pleased to note that they still applied to more pedestrian matters, as he bit through his third Moonworm cruller.

The buttery confection was, simply put, an amazing piece of pastry. With a sip of recaf, it would massage its way down his throat, and tickle his guts the way he thought sweetmeats tickled his bags. Which made him ponder things for awhile. What was he doing here? When had the bags last been fed? And how was that so-called demonhost doing on board the ship? Probably lounging on his chair, is what. He frowns.

To granny bumpkins back on the ship: GET OFF MY CHAIR.

And then it hit him. Much like Vorgash preaching on about the rightness of... Things. A presence in the warp. And, simultaneously, a few arbites popping onto the scene he was supposed to have been watching. He scowls, throws a few thrones onto the table, and rushes out of the café, into the waiting truck around the alley.

"I've seen then move into position. We should wait for the fireworks." The little man says, as he notices Flint and the other Chaos Marines fondling their various weapons. "We mortals should wait for the fireworks. I wouldn't dare to dictate your actions, my lords. Perhaps you will go?"

He straightens his suit, and zips up the synskin's cowl over his face. "I've sensed a presence in the warp. Vorgash, do you feel it as well?"


Psyniscience at 46. TAKE THAT VORGASH.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Vorgash looks at the mutant and ponders for a moment.

"Yes, and that is a problem but also an opportunity. How would you like to be bait? Reach out to this mind for me, and then make sure you are well clear when he comes for us."

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Threebags blinks.

"I am sorry, but if I do not understand the plan, there is a very distinct possibility that I may undermine it through ignorance. Would you please explain what you have in mind, Transcendent one?"

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

"Well this complicates things." Vincent ponders the situation, trying to find a way that they can pull a few aside with as little fuss as possible. "Perhaps a head-on confrontation would be bad. We may be better off waiting for them to raid somewhere else and then either picking of the survivors or trying to lure a small group away with some sort of ruse?"

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Vorgash pauses for a moment rubbing his armoured fingers together to produce a quiet scrapping noise.

"Think about this for a moment Mr. Threebags. What organisations amongst the Imperium of Man makes use of Sanctioned Psykers? Then narrow that list down to those who use it in a capacity that would involve them being on an arbitrator raid."

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova looks at the arbites surrounding the ammunition factory. "Is it just me, or was the response a bit larger than expected?"

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

"There is something at play here that we don't know about. Dammit, we should of tested the drugs!"

He turns towards Vorgash, and adds. "So you just want me to provoke him?"

Frankie! fucked around with this message at Jul 23, 2013 around 04:12

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

"Provoking him might be a bad idea but keep an eye on him. This is trouble, and much more than we should be dealing with for now. However if something should draw his attention, do what you can to make him notice me over you or the rest. I should be able to draw him away while the rest of you achieve our goal. Just ensure that you let me know that he is aware of our position."

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

"Well then, let's just stand by. If the Ventilators arrive, this could become an interesting show."

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

Hearing the chattering going on behind him, Hashim snarled. Either this psyker had sensed something, or there was a leak. "Do I even need to point out that the number of humans in the Imperium with access to power armor is pathetically small? Or that, given I see none of the their leashed dog psykers, it's likely that said individual in power armor is said personage? By the Gods, what the hells did you do to to attract a possible Inquisitor? We'd be able to take him, but it'd be long a messy with that army, and we have other tasks to attend to."


I'm going by the logic that most sanctioned psykers in the Imperium tend to have "attendants" to make sure they don't go rogue, and that most normal Imperium troops are likely to edge away from such individuals anyways. Also that I don't believe Judges normally have access to power armor, and thus you're referring to two different people.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

Boli sighs, "That looks like a full Judge, there are probably only a dozen on the planet. The local drug problem is apparently more serious than we thought."

He turns to the others and listens to the psykers talk before adding a question, "If that's an inquisitor's pet psyker you're feeling or, Gods forbid, the actual inquisitor, what are the chances you've been noticed in return? Would the two of you not stand out like a beacon among a few warp-drugged idiots?"

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Threebags smiles. "Actually, since neither of us has done anything spooky up to now... I'd say those chances are between slim and none. Probably has his hands full with the baggies. Those things do let out an impressive stench, let me tell you."

"Luckily for us, I left the rest of the drugs back on the lighter."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:02

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

"I'm inclined to agree with Ironstag. I do not wish to 'play it by ear' while the damned Inquisition is involved. We've caused our diversion, we have to trust that it will remain as such, and come at this from another avenue. Any objections?"

Corvax wasn't as accustomed to witches and sorcerers as he wished to be - perhaps one of the psykers knew something he didn't. He drew his power sword and took a quick look out the window, covered by his cameleoline cloak, to personally survey the situation.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

As the group deliberates on the course of action, a shout is heard from outside. Corvax, already observing, sees an arbite point up to some light flying out of a window, that impacts on the ground, shattering and covering a squad of arbites in burning promethium. Gunfire begins to rain from surrounding windows as the Ventilators fire from multiple vantage points. The arbites find cover where they can, behind crates, long neglected trashbins, and other piles of refuse.

The individual in the power armor shouts out, oblivious to the small arms fire erupting around him, "ENGAGE THE ENEMY, BUT REMEMBER TO TAKE PRISONERS, THE INQUISITION WANTS TO KNOW HOW IN THE WARP GATE-DUST GOT FROM HIVE SIBLLUS TO GUNMETAL!" as he says the last part he looks over at a cloaked man and nods, the man taking his eye away from his las-carbine long enough to acknowledge and then continues engaging the gangers. The Arbites start to regain composure, and fan out in all directions, one pointing directly at the building the group is in, and a squad in standard arbites gear, two in the front with full riot shields up, moves in its direction.

tick tiock tick tock, got time to get out yet if the plan is to abandon fort, but any more delays and you might have to off some pesky arbites, if that isn't already the plan.

So we still got:
Jolinaxas
the Dozer of men
goatface
Lord Koth
Frankie!
Kingcom
waci
Olanphonia

so still enough to not put this thing out of its misery, as well as 4 marines and 4 humans. But as my word is my bond, the rest of the group has until tomorrow before I declare them officially kicked out and game.

Werix fucked around with this message at Jul 24, 2013 around 00:37

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Threebags was sweating even more than usual. There would be damp spots all over him, if not for the synskin."So, now we have a name. Gate-Dust. But a gate to what? Death, certainly, if we stay here long enough."

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

"Xanatova, will your jamming device suffice to keep our truck's departure from any machine scanning? We will have to rely on ourselves to deal with any watching eyes."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

"I agree with Ironstag. The Astartes at least need to get going before they are discovered. The rest of us might want to consider heading to the local Arbites compound. They are almost definitely below strength right now, and we may still be able to get the information we need."

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

"Very well. Then let us leave this place and its nosy inquisition-types for... Greener pastures."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:03

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

"It's your call Boli. Do you want to stay or will we join the rest of the group and retreat back to the ship?" He gives a small grin. "I'm not much for talking."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

"Stay? To be interrogated by an inquisitor? I have no such death wish, and nor should any of the rest of you. I was just hoping one of you could shoot anyone who saw us leave."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«49 »