Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«49 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent laughs, despite the situation. "No, Father, I meant stay planetside and maybe go to the local Arbites precinct house. Obviously we do not want to stay here." He hefts his bolt pistol "I'll be sure to shoot anyone who gets too curious."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

"Ah, I see. Hmm. Given the response we have just witnessed, it would seem that there is currently significant interaction between the arbites and the inquisition. As such, I would rather not."

He turns to Corvax, "Unless, of course, you feel it would be necessary? Entering a Fortress as some sort of functionary should still be possible, but I would imagine local security measures will have been enhanced. The amount of material available to peruse may also be altered in their attempts to satisfy the inquisition of their competence. I must admit that I am not familiar enough with the workings of either the arbites or the administratum in general to fabricate a reason and a role that would gain unfettered access."

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Threebags glances through the van's window at the approaching Arbites. "We can have this fascinating discussion somewhere far, far away from here. You know, somewhere where the aforementioned inquisitorial killteam won't be right on top of us in the next five minutes. I would drive us out of here. Alas, the mysteries of wheeled vehicles elude me still."

Threebags pushes his way to Schecte, clipping him on the side of the head. "Get us away from here you fool."

I'm getting the hell out of here by foot if you clowns don't make up your minds in the next 30 seconds or so.

Edit: I dunno if we were leaving before, but now we sure are.

Frankie! fucked around with this message at Jul 25, 2013 around 12:31

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

I assumed we were having the conversation while in the process of leaving.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Vorgash moves behind the group to block off their moving away.

"Far too dangerous and too big of a risk. We must all leave together, now. We have gain valuable intelligence about our goal nonetheless."

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

"Out we go then." Vincent moves towards the exit at a jog.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

"No, Boli. As you say, security measures will likely be heightened considerably. We musn't let our reach exceed our grasp."

He followed behind as the group was leaving, making sure they remained able to leave undetected.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova leaves with the others, optical mechadendrite swinging in the air around her, looking in every direction.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

The group makes their way down the stairs as quickly as possible, the gunfire escalating outside. The marines jump in the back of the Cargo-8 along with everyone save Vincent and Father Boli, who get in the front, the former driving.

The cargo-8 sputters to life and makes its way out of the subterranean parking garage and onto the "surface" street. They drive a block before they run into an Arbites cordon at the other end of the street; apparently they were still inside the Arbite perimeter of the assault on the Ventilators. An arbite is seen waiving the cargo-8 towards the blockade, which is manned with four arbites with two patrol cruisers.

Okay, do you want to try to bluff your way through, run the blockade, kill all the fuckers, etc.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:03

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

"Father, Vincent, it's your show. We will only lay waste to them if absolutely necessary."

Yup - Bluffing with mass murder as the backup plan.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Being lightly booted out of the cab by a space marine wasn't Threebags's idea of being subtle, but he knew how to roll with punches. He had to - it used to be his job, after all.

With a few veins bulging, he draws his weapon, and focuses his will...

Xanatova only: Power up the jammer right now, pretty lady; I'm going in dry.

Shifting his gaze into the warp, he singles out the apparent leader of the pack, Unzips his cowl, and holsters his pistol in plain view, looking warily back towards where gunfire can still be heard.
"The situation has deteriorated." He says, his voice suddenly gravelly. "We've fallen right on to a ventilator processing plant. Gate dust everywhere, the works. They even have a loving jammmer online - no way to contact HQ. Resistance is... Much more than we'd anticipated. They've pinned down the Judge... Even the Big Guy's having some trouble." He turns towards the van. "The vents have somehow gotten their mitts onto AT equipment. Blew up our cruisers. We had to commandeer this hunk of junk to extract."

The fake agent turns back towards the arbitrator. "You need to contact the rest of the cordon. They're making a stand in there and we need every man in the fight. Go and get them, and link up. They're right in front of that café with the crullers - Mimo's. We're going back, gonna bring up the big guns. We're gonna need your vox operator. Ours got nailed. We'll probably be able to hail HQ a mile or two from here. Their jammer can't be that strong, can it? Ganger scum."

Telepathy at fetted. Delude at fetted. Deceive is 43+ 10 (aura reading) + 20 delude = 73 1d100=62

Edit: vvv yep, it is. vvv

Frankie! fucked around with this message at Jul 26, 2013 around 13:07

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Isn't that an opposed test?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent grips the wheel tightly. Whatever the psyker was doing would hopefully work. Vincent wasn't exactly great at being convincing in a nice way and was quite sure that threats would not get them very far at all.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

The Arbite raises his shotgun as Mr. Threebags comes out of the back of the truck unbidden. He yells out "Freeze!" which Mr. Threebags does before talking. The arbite looks at the psyker just as the engine in the caro-8 stalls and all the lights flicker as Xanatova activates the jammer. The arbite takes one hand off the gun and grips his helmet. The marines know why as a plethora of scrap code floods their vox. Thei Marine's vox units compensate, being used to scrap code due to ministrations from the Dark Mechanicus, but they know their vox range is severely limited.

The arbite waves the truck on, while others in the cordon point out that Mr. Threebags isn't in arbite uniform, but he will hear nothing of it, still gripping his helmet. Vincent restarts the stalled truck and moves through the cordon as the other arbites move the roadblock.

Xanatova turns off the jammer a few blocks later, and the rest of the drive to the empty warehouse with the lighter goes without incidence. The group unloads from the cargo-8.

Okay, psychic bluff through the roadblock. Franke! and by extent everyone else, don't do your own rolls, just give me the total mods and everything. As some of you know, I prefer to do all the rolls myself, as I'm a control freak.

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

Looking even smugger than usual, Threebags loads himself into the lighter, pausing only to give Xanatova a quick wink.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova says nothing during the trip, simply activating and deactivating the jammer device at the required times. She considers this all more than a bit silly, but at least it acted as a test for her device.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

Hashim looks bored as he keeps an ear open at the back of the truck for the sounds of any pursuit. Though he almost hoped for it, as the lack of any combat recently was irritating him, he did acknowledge that getting into a skirmish here would hinder their mission and thus stored those thoughts for later.

At least they should be good to go for their raid now.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent breathes a sigh of relief and releases his grip on the steering wheel once they truck bounces past the Arbites' cordon. While he was pleased that they had escaped, part of him had wanted to get stuck in with an enemy before they got started on their mission. The feeling surprised him. In the past he had never particularly loved combat or relished the opportunity to fight. He shakes it off and drives to the group's destination and tries to focus on the upcoming raid. If they were lucky, this gun battle might sap the Arbites' resources and make their job that much easier.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

As the team dismounts from the cargo-8 Tibur (I'm retconning that he flew you guys down since your voidmaster-pilot is gone) waves from the lander in the middle of the abandoned facility's courtyard. "Man whatever you guys did you did it gud. Been snoopin' 'round da vox channels. Most got tuff encripts, but some of da street 'trols was easier ta crack. Got yourselfs an inquisition killteam lead by an interrogator all interested in what was goin' on in that warehouse. Nabbed some of tem gangers too. Though guess his whole cadre gonna be riding that train ya looking to knock over now."

With that Tibur looks at the team and shrugs. "Ya wanted some patsies to blame it on, so you can blame these gangers as trying ta break dey friends out. Now you got a whole inquisition kill team on da train to handle."

Sorry guys, I'm more used to my in person group where folks were always talking and whatnot, so I put the onus on you guys to keep the game going, when that's my job in PbP. I have now stepped up.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent suppressed a smile. In truth, this was not as bad it might have seemed on the surface. "Hah, well if the kill team is on the train they are going to be easy meat. They won't have the only advantage they might otherwise have: numbers." He allows the smile to creep onto his face for a brief moment. "The best part is that they will be expecting a bunch of gangers. Won't they be just so thrilled to have a real threat on their hands."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

"Exactly, they may be somewhat challenging by themselves, but without their support structure, they're just another obstacle. We keep the plan the same as before, but I propose the elimination of this threat as a secondary objective - we may not get another chance like this."

Yeah, I mean talking's pretty cool, but we have two clocks on us IC right now.

Also, since the other apostate dropped out, you mind if I re-tool my minion back to uber-social, so I have a human face? I haven't used her yet.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

Boli

"Very well then. Mr. Ironstag, do you have the final plan of attack worked out? is there anything more we need do before the event? I myself will be of little use in the assault, but I can certainly accompany you to perform any less, ah... violent interactions that might be necessary."

Seriously, not a combat character. Could probably hold the transport with assistance from Ron and help lie our way past any roadblocks (literal or otherwise) though.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

"Master Boli, regardless of your own combat capabilities we will still need someone to board the train itself and rescue our prisoner. The astartes in the group can draw their most capable warriors away from the passenger compartments allowing the rest to get aboard and rescue the target. I will admit I could not have planned this better. I want to see what this Inquisition is made of if nothing else."

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:03

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Two Days Later...

Father Boli sits atop a sand dune in the middle of the Scintilla wastes, shaded only by a burlap sack. His only company is Ron, half buried in the sand. Boli takes a sip from his canteen, and wipes yet more sand from his mouth. It is at this time he spots his quarry through his magnoculars. A train, numbering one engine and six cars, emerges from between the dunes, a sleek black form among the grit textured beige of the hive world's land masses. Father Boli speaks into his vox.

Ten Kilometers away Xanatova acknowledges receipt of the priest's message and activates the signal jammer as the Lighter takes off from behind the dune that was conceiling it. Having done experiments the previous day, the team know the device will jam all Imperial comms within 15 kilometers with a cacophony of scrap-code. The com units inside the Traitor Marines' power armor are the only comms used to scrap code to function, but only out to 100 meters.

Tibur flies head on towards the train. The rest of the group ready themselves at the open back hatch, with FLINT FLESHRENDING IRONSTAG and Corvax at the head of the Column, Vorgash and Mr. Threebags in the middle and Xanatova and Vincent at the rear. Tibur does one flyover of the train. Both of the psykers read the same presence as the other night at the raid, but not what car he or she is in at this speed. Finding the Psyker must be priority one; if he or she can get off a psychic missive, the planet would lockdown, with no ships leaving orbit until fully searched.

Tibur gets as close to the train as he can. However, he is not a skilled pilot when it comes to such delicate matters, and the lighter slams down on the third car, denting it and spilling all the group out on the top of the third and fourth cars. Operation Thin Lizzy has begun.

pre:
Objectives:
1. Kill or disable the psyker before it can warn anyone.
2. Rescue Heston
3. Leave no witnesses
4. Make the attack look like a raid by the Ventilators, or at least that it didn't involve traitor marines.
Okay, you guys are on the train, be glad Tibur didn't crash you. Goatface, since you voiced concerns about the combat, I placed you on dune watching duty. If you want to actually be part of the assault let me know, I'll recon you in.

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Vorgash

Vorgash crashes down onto the train drawing his force sword and slicing into the carriage underneath to carve a large enough hole for even a fully armed and armoured space marine to enter. Once a hole is cut a huge stomp from his armoured boot sends the piece of metal flying down to the bottom of the carriage. He stands upright and observes the team he has dropped with. They were not his battle brothers but he had hope that they were enough. That one day his one chapter would rival his own. Once he would have broadcast a battle-cry in the name of the Emperor but today he simply squared his shoulders back for the task at hand and opened communications.

"Captain Corvax I sense the presence of the Interrogator or at the very least his psyker pet. I plan to proceed with Threebags to intercept and prevent long range communication. Copy?"

Without waiting for a response he draws his bolt pistol with his free hand and offers it towards Threebags. Whether it is taken or rejected he replaces it with his bolter.

"You kill that psyker before me and you can keep it. Deal?"

Vorgash jumps into the train.



EDIT: I was offering you a gun frankie.

kingcom fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2013 around 04:23

Frankie!
Apr 1, 2006
Ceci n'est pas un titre....

Threebags

"So much for rappelling!" Threebags yells out, hanging meekly off the side of the train. The team's lack of a dedicated pilot had reared its ugly head, and of course he was the one feeling its consequences. "A hand, my lord Vorgash? Why thank you."

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

"Copied and acknowledged, Vorgash. We cannot let any word besides our own tell what happened here."

Corvax drew his power sword, leaving his bolt pistol holstered.

"The rest of us must silence the rest of the train. Remember what Ironstag said about bolt shells, and keep an eye and an ear out for this 'Heston.' We need the psyker dead before we start, though."

I don't usually play psykers - is their telepathy fast enough that we basically need to start with the psyker before we do anything else?

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012



Normal Telepathy is generally pretty short ranged but if they have a long-range telepathy power it would only take a few moments for them to get a message off, assuming they are able to concentrate on it. The message travel time can take a little bit but not enough to matter if we let them send something out. Assuming they are a telepath of course. This is all negated if your distracted by a Chaos Space Marine trying to cut your face off of course.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012



Hashim

"Then we need to move fast given that little jolt we caused just now, to silence the psyker at the very least."

Crouching by the hole, Hashim prepares his flamer and waits to drop and take the vanguard. Though he'd much prefer to cut the opposition down in melee, if they ran into a cluster of enemies it would be more efficient and faster to simply incinerate them. He kept his power sword close at hand though.


I'm presuming that Hashim is around as well, if not I can edit this out.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova draws her power axe. Brutus hangs on to the roof of the train, unable to keep up with it airborne. "I'm assuming you want to find out which car the psyker is in before we enter?"

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:03

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:04

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Vincent

Vincent shakes his head to clear the remaining shock from what he could charitably call a 'landing'. He reaches to his weapon belt and draws his bolt pistol and power sword, the worn grip of the latter dispelling any remaining hesitation. He follows closely behind Flint's hulking form and closes his eyes as the melta fires to prevent the accompanying blindness. Once it fires, he moves forward and jumps down into the car and immediately hunts for nearby cover.

Olanphonia fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2013 around 11:26

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007



Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at Apr 25, 2014 around 02:04

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution


Corvax

Corvax nods to Hashim.

"Shall we?"

He jumps down into the car, and quickly looks around to determine its purpose.

Waci
May 30, 2011

Let me axe you just one question.

Xanatova

Xanatova sends Brutus down the hole in the car roof first with orders to charge at anything that moves and is not Heston and jumps in after it. She looks around herself in the car and swings her servo arm at the first non-prisoner living creature she sees.

Charging if I can, attacking normally (with aim if possible) if I can't. Brutus will do the same. Always use reaction to try to dodge unless otherwise specified.

pre:
Xanatova
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
40     30     31    40    30     63      40      40     21

Wounds: 11/11        IP: 3/3
Armour: All 5


Weapon           Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special
Best Lascarbine  75m    S/2/–  1d10+3 E  0      60       2     Half  Reliable
Power Axe        -      -      1d10+10 E 6      -        -     -     Power Field, Unbalanced
Good Servo Arm   -      -      2d10+14 I 10     -        -     -     

Relevant Talents:
Die Hard
Technical Knock
Weapon Tech
Enemy (Adeptus Mechanicus)
Binary Chatter
pre:
Brutus
WS     BS     S     T     Ag     Int     Per     WP     Fel
30     1     30     30    1      3       3       1      1

Wounds: 8/8       
Armour: All 6 (Including Machine bonus)


Weapon            Range  Fire   Damage    Pen   Ammo   Clips  Reload  Special
Chain Greatsword  -     -       2d10+6 R  3     -      -      -       Tearing, Unbalanced

Relevant Skills and Talents:
Flesh Render
Berserk Charge
Parry (WS)
Intimidate (S) 

Traits:
Hoverer 4
Unnatural Strength +1
Machine 2

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Lord Koth posted:

I'm presuming that Hashim is around as well, if not I can edit this out.

Yeah he is, I'm just a bad GM who forgets who is all playing in his games.

Also with the train going like super fast, and me using movie logic, you can move at half speed fine, but any faster requires some sort of agility based test, unless you have magnetic boots. Rolls are also required to jump from car to car.

Each train car is larger than a normal one, this being the FUTURE, and they each are 40 meters long by about 15 wide. They all look identical save the engine car up front.

More detailed post up later after work, just had to respond to my lovely morning feeling at missing Lord Koth.

Werix fucked around with this message at Aug 7, 2013 around 12:30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.


Grimey Drawer

I am fine with that. If Tibur has time to come and pick me up before the train gets out of jamming range, that would be nice, but not essential. I don't know how fast either thing actually moves, or how far away I am.

If it's not possible, I assume I have some form of transport to get myself to wherever I need to be later.

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«49 »