Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The Myriad band of traitors find themselves all on Vire at about the same time, even though they all arrived from different corners of the Vortex. Aethun arranged transport for the dispirate members, and none can shake the feeling that it was precisely for the timing. Their ships dock on Vire one at a time, dropping off their "human" cargo.

Everyone in the Vortex has heard of Vire. Originally a xenos station pre-dating the Imperium, it has had many owners since, Explorator fleets, Imperial Navy outposts, various rogue trader interests, and in the past few thousand years, Chaos Pirate after chaos pirate.

Once the whole Motley Crew is assembled in one of the sparse landing lounges, a sevoskull using some breed of large feline as its base hovers in and displays a hologram with the words, "follow me" and takes off. The group follows through the station, where devotees of Chaos are hard at work converting the station. Some are removing Chaos Iconography in places, others adding it, many are working on electrical sub-systems, it appears Aethun plans to use the place for some time.

The servoskull leads them into a rather sparsely furnished yet well maintained meeting room. The servoskull lands in the middle of the table and then goes inactive.

The lone occupant is a skinny, dirty, blonde woman. She lowers an Obscura pipe from her lips as the group enters and says, "A whole group huh? It's 200 thrones for the first, and 50 thrones apiece after the first." As she goes to put the pipe back to her lips her whole body jerks violently and the pipe drops to the ground, shattering. She is lifted off the ground, and begins to spin in the air. Frost forms on the walls, and Mr. Threebags and Vorgash can taste extremely powerful Chaos energy in the air.

The woman finally gets set down. Her eyes are completely black. She speaks with a dark voice, her original wispy voice heard as a small echo. "I apologize for my appearance, but those with broken wills are easier to wear, and nothing breaks a will better than obscura, I've found. I am Aethun, and this is as close as we shall ever get to meeting face-to face. Please, sit. He motions to the chairs as he takes a seat.

"You've all been brought here for one purpose, to aid the agents of heresy working under my direction or with my support in the Calixis Sector. To do so you shall be using The Abominable Sovereign, a recently captured vessel from a new, and quite profoundly moronic, Rogue Trader Dynasty. They even kept the Warrant of Trade on board. This vessel will be your ticket to all the worlds of the sector, and beyond.

"Aethun" looks down, notices the rags the junkie is wearing are disheveled, takes the time to straighten then, and then continues, "You will be given wide latitude to prosecute your missions. If you are successful, the eyes of the Gods will fall on you, through me. If you fail however, I will kill every last one of you. Do not think you can abscond with my ship, if you do I shall put a bounty on your heads so large every pirate, Chaos Reaver band, and less than noble Rogue Trader in the Segmentum will be after you. I will even give your information to the slaves of the Corpse-God, leaving you nowhere safe to flee. Most importantly, you MUST maintain the cover on your vessel at all times. If Imperial Authorities catch wind of what the The Abominable Sovereign is doing and who really crews her, she, and by extension, you, will no longer be of use to me."

"Aethun's" inky black eyes survey the group, "Before I give you your first assignment, are there any questions about our arrangement?"

Welcome to my other ill-advised ambitious game! even if you don't have questions, post something like "I stand around picking my nose" just to get your character sheet posted. Standard format of using Italics for OOC stuff. I strongly prefer everyone link to their character sheet in every post, usually by turning your name into a link. I also require combat blocks in combat situations. If you post something combat related without a combat block, I will ignore the action until you post with one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Reserving for ship sheet and other info

Experience gained thus far: 3650 =2000 (great train robbery)+ 500 exp (Capture/kill Rogue trader) +750 (get the Tyranid)+400 (Phyrr job)
Infamy Gained: 22 =6 (great Train Robbery)+8 (Sacrifice Madison) +3 (get Tyranid) +1(wack a guy)
+1 (Gramsh kill prisoner) +3 (Phyrr job)
Corruption Gained: 16 = 6(great Train Robbery) +7 (sacrifice Madison)
+3 (Phyrr job)

[url=http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3669145&pagenumber=1#lastpostNew OOC thread![/url]

Variable Figurehead settings:
Figurehead One: Default Figurehead, assigned to the Ship Abominable Sovereign and the rogue trader family. Last seen around scintilla.
Figurehead Two: Last seen in the expanse engaged in combat with the Blue Mist. Seen again later above a penal world recruiting prisoners.
Figurehead Three: Evening Breeze Last seen at Port Wander. Had to flee Port Wander after forged documents uncovered. This figurehead is currently wanted by Imperial Authorities.
Figurehead Four: not used
Figurehead Five: not used

pre:
 The Abominable Sovereign 

Sword Class Frigate

Speed: 8 
Manoeuvrability: +20
Detection: +15 (+25) 
Hull Integrity: 35
Armour: 18 
Turret Rating: 2
Space: 40/40
Power: 44/44 
Morale max:97
Crew Max: 100(99 current)
Weapon Capacity: Dorsal 2

Essential Components
Jovian Pattern Class 2 Drive
Strelov 1 Warp Engine
Geller Field
Command Bridge (+5 to command tests +5 to BS tests)
Voss “Glimmer”-pattern Void Shield Array (When this Void Shield cancels a hit
from any source, roll 1d10. On a 3 or lower the Void Shield
suffers a localized overload and does not cancel the hit.)
Vitae Pattern Life Sustainer
Bilge-rat Quarters (Reduce Morale permanently by
3. However, reduce all Crew Population losses due to
depressurisation by 2, to a minimum of 0.)
Deep Void Auger Array (The exceptional sensitivity of the
array grants +10 to the ship’s Detection)

Mezoa Macrocannons X2  STR:4 Dam:1d10+3 Crit Rating:5 Range:5

Astropathic Choir-chambers: When performing Astro-telepathy in this
Component, an Astropath gains a +10 bonus to his Focus
Power Test. While occupying this Component during Space
Combat, any psychic powers the Astropath uses have their
range increased by 5 Vus.

Evacuation Bay: As a free action, a member of the bridge
crew may open the cargo hatches to forcibly eject all of the
cargo into the void and initiate an immediate cleansing of
the hold.

Variable Figurehead

Empyrean Mantle: When travelling on Silent Running,
all Tests to detect this vessel have their Difficulty increased
by two degrees.

Laboratorium: This Component grants a
+20 bonus to all tests to identify, analyse, and
repair artefacts of ancient or xenos origin, or
to any tests to craft single items (such as a single weapon
or piece of armour). This could include Scholastic Lore,
Forbidden Lore, Tech-Use, and Trade Tests (as well as others
at the GM’s discretion). 
-Drug lab upgrade: between missions may be used to synthesize drugs. 
Make either a trade or Lore Chymistry test with DC equal to 
availability and amount modifiers.

Werix fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Aug 24, 2016

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The meat-puppet that is Aethun stares at, or perhaps through, Father Boli and Lysandra. "The particular dynasty was very new, less than a decade old. It was lead by some Ecclesiarch or some such that led a successful culling of heretics on a Temple world. The current Arch-Cardinal of that world arranged to Warrant of Trade for this Ecclesiarch, a Jerrimiah Deche, to elimiinate him from competition for the Arch-Cardinal position. This Deche, while a fine priest for the Dead Emperor, was not Rogue Trader Material. He tried to lead a holy crusade into the Expanse, somehow found the Expanse entrance of the 13th Passage, and wound up in the Vortex, where the ship was quickly captured by Chaos Reavers. As such, outside of the ship, they had little to no assets or name recognition, perfect for this mission."

Either the Alpha Legionarre was making it all up, or the Dynasty was as small as he claimed, as the name means nothing to Lysandra.

The meat-puppet then turns to Corvax, and gives a condescending bow of the head, "Worry not my young Brother, like yourselves, the crew was hand-picked by me from the finest void-pirates in the Vortex. They are free of visible mutation, and should pass inspection. The Imperial Chapels are intact, and there are a few former ecclesiarch's of Father Boli's persuasion that can put on a show. If someone insists on a deck by deck, room by room search of the ship, they will find the hidden shrines to the True Gods, not to mention Fallen Marines in the command staff, no?"

Aethun falls silent, awaiting more questions.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Aethun speaks to the only real pirate among the group, "Look at yourselves. None of you have fully functioning armor, much less do I have anyone available to make you one. Most of my Hereteks are busy either restoring this station, or your ship. There will be no false flag coming from me, you'll have to improvise yourself, I am afraid." When Aethun uses the term false flag, Hashim shudders; was it a coincidence, or was the damned Alpha sorcerer in his mind?

After careful study by her optical Mechadendrite, Xanatova identifies the skull as clearly from a Phyrr cat from the planet Phyrr in the Calixis sector. The Phyrr cat is an apex predator, and grows to the size of a small pony, similar in appearance to the now extinct tiger from Terra, though with a brown and purple coloring. It is rumored they use the Warp to hunt, based on some of the experiments and texts that Xanatova has done/read, it isn't a rumor.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Aethun, or rather his odscura-whore shell, smiles at all the talk of subterfuge, "It is excellent you all are of the proper mindset. Stealth and deceit shall be your allies. This is why you have a mixed command crew; as much as it may pain you, there are times my fellow Fallen Astartes will be a liability."

Aethun gets up, walks over to a nearby window and gazes out of it, while continuing to talk, "This is your last chance. If you wish not to partake in this endeavor, leave now. I shall arrange for your safe passage back to whatever hole you each crawled out of." Hearing no one move, Aethun turns around, "Then I suppose I should tell you of your first mission. It is likely the most straightforward assignment you will get, but also the most dangerous. As I said, the previous Rogue Trader kept the Warrant of Trade on board his vessel. I shall not make the same mistake. I have arranged for the Warrant to be put in a reputable Escrow bank. On Scintilla."

Aethun lets that sink on, taking his/her/its seat, "You are to take your ship to Scintilla and go to the Third Sector Bank of Scintilla. Once there you are to meet with one of their escrow agents, a Stephen Gramsh. Stephen likes to fancy himself a member of a Chaos Pleasure cult because he and some other high ranking clerks like to take some Ghostfire and copulate. That said, he has his uses. Normally these Escrow accounts are expensive, but he is willing to cover the fee if you do some work for his little cult. So you are to go to Scintilla, go to the bank, and do whatever little errand Gramsh sends you on. He will then put the Warrant into a stasis vault and give you some Receipts of Bearing. You are to give him the following instructions on the Receipts: He is to Issue you a series of Two Receipts. The receipt must also contain the following release provision: 'the Warrant will only be released to the bearer of the receipt numbered 2 of 2'. You are then to return here and give me the second receipt. The first you will maintain on ship, and can be used as proof of having a legal Warrant to trade under. Do you have any questions?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Frankie! posted:

Threebags

Threebags glowers powerlessly at Aethun's shell.

The meat-puppet glares back at Mr. Threebags. "Oh, did I slight you little Psyker? No, none of the original crew is left alive. I could not trust them not to sell you out to Imperial authorities. You'll have to build your own little choir."

Frankie! please post your character sheet. In my breadgame a player never posted/still hasn't posted their sheet, and having to try to dig up the recruit thread everytime they want to do something(which I now can't since my cheap rear end doesn't have archives) makes me a sad panda.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
"That is a thoughtful question follower of the Rotten One. While my control range is far, it is not that far. However, I am a powerful enough Psyker to communicate with your Mr. Threebags, so you do not have to return here everytime I need you. That said you often will need to return here to pick up men and material, as if I could get it into Imperial space I would not need you in the first place. Well if there are no more questions, you have leave to go to your ship." The Aethun-puppet stands up as if if is going to take leave of the table. "You may want to cover your face." is all the breifest warning the group gets as the woman's head explodes, showering the table in gore. The servo(cat)skull gets up from the table flashes the words "Follow me" in hologram again, and then takes off slowly.

The group is led through more of the station, a twisted network of hallways that all look the same, until it takes them to a docking port. As the group enters the vessel, the first thing they notice is the strange twist music blasting from the VOX system. The Skull leads them to the bridge. The bridge is empty save one soul who is standing at a console, bobbing his head up and down to the music. The cat skull flies by and makes eye contact with the man. He turns around and the music ship-wide cuts out. The man appears to be a former hive-ganger, head covered in tattoos and headphone-like cybernetic ears on both sides of his head.

"Ohy,yous the captain and his mates? I'm Tibur, ship's first Comm Officer, in charge of sub-space vox and the Augur. Ship's about ready to go, so if'n you want I can call the senior officers to the briefing room, otherwise if you want to inspect her first, go right ahead.

So if you guys want to check out parts of the ship, (I.E. fluff the gently caress out) go ahead, otherwise, I guess we can get you guys void-faring.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Tibur just sort of looks at the group unsure how to act. Some seem intent on getting under way, others wish to be shown parts of the vessel, and one wants a tour, a tour of a giant spacefaring city! After shaking his head, Tibur responds, "Right den. I'll gooahead and get all thee senior staff up in the conference room, and have porters and whatnow help the rest of yeh."

Father Boli and his robotic package are shown to his quarters behind the main Chapel. The quarters are spacious, having belonged to the previous Rogue Trader. They are still decorated in the accouterments of one faithful to the Corpse God. His porter minds him not to get it "all Chaosed up" as such a location is likely to be stopped at if they are ever boarded for more than a cursory cargo inspection.

Vorgash is taken to the former Navigator's quarters. It is a multi-story affair, with a separate kitchen, quarters for what would have been attending family staff and junior navigators, a lounge with a wide array of amasec, and attached library full of Old Navigator's charts. As he has no actual formal training as a Navigator, Vorgash has no way to interpret the charts on board.

Xanatova is introduced to Magos Uther on her way out of the bridge, and his way into the bridge. He stares at his fellow fallen tech-priest, speaking through a vox implant. ++"So you must be Aethun's little pet tech-priest. Even though I would outrank you on a forge world, I bow to your authority on board ship, as I care little to leave it. Just leave the Enginarium alone flesh-shaper."++ Xanatova is led to the Enginarium first. She notices that most of the crew in the section are not fallen Adeptus Mechanicus, but other members of the Imperium. It is not uncommon for non-Priests of Mars to become hereteks; there is many an Imperial Guard Operator, bored noble, or self-sufficient Administratum Clerk that has taken to their own ministrations of holy technology only to be chased out of the Imperium by the Mechanicus. Xanatova was just not expecting to see so many on the ship, outnumbering the Tech Priests proper.

The Laboratorium is completely deserted save for one woman, who is more Augmented than even Xanatova, though hers is of a less Utilitarian and more aesthetic than the bio-sculptor.

++Oh good, you must be Xanatova!++ the woman says in a synthesized voice that seems to flow from one succulent female voice to another. ++I'm Mary, the resident technophile. This seems to be the best place to be to get the choicest tech goodies. Xenos implants are just the best, especially when corrupted,++she purrs out the last part.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The ratings are surprised, but not shocked at Mr. Threebags unnecessary display. If it was an attempt to intimidate or frighten the hardened sailors it did not work, they just scoffed, and a couple shook their heads. He was led to the Choir room and quarters. There he found his "Choir", a rag-tag group of psyker misfits like himself. The eldest was a matron who appeared nearly 100 years old, and the youngest a boy barely in his teens. All of them lounged around the choir's ready room smoking lho-sticks and playing cards, they barely give Threebags a glance before they continue.

Hieronymus is left alone on the bridge as everyone else either takes off to explore their ship or goes to the Conference room. The bridge seems well laid out, the main pilot's controls were to the fore, directly above the Navigator's small Navigation chamber. Behind the flight controls is the main battle display, with the Command Throne behind it. The Noble sits in the command throne for just a second, knowing once things get underway, it will be the domain of Corvax.

Hashim and Vincent stroll around the ship trying to find a main armory. They find several side armories, running into Flint Ironstag along the way. The three inspect the side armories they find along the way, placed strategically in all the bulkheads, with the largest ones by docking ports and the main guns, popular targets in boarding actions. The armories are stocked with plentiful and reliable solid projectile weapons, mostly pump action shotguns and compact autocarbines.

Satisfied the three men begin to head to the bridge, passing through the executive quarters along the way, each mockingly call out dibs on rooms, until they get to one of the last rooms leading to the bridge. It obviously belonged to the former Arch-militant. Sparsely decorated, it had a small melee practice servitor, a 50 meter firing range and plenty of empty ornamental gun racks, displays, and wall hangings, begging to be filled with Chaos weapons. Each man eyes the room and each other, a small quandary before them.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Mary slides down from the table she was on and walks over to Xanatova and smiles a smile wider than humanly possible. ++No, not my own work. I'm a connoisseur of body improvement technology, not a creator of it. My original trade is xeno-archaeology, which is why I think Aethun assigned me here. I really desired the position of Senschal, but I understand another got the position.++

Mary sashays over to a cogitator bank nearby and directly interfaces with it, ++If you need anything let me know, and don't go keeping any fun xeno-tech from me!++

Meanwhile, in the astropath Choir chambers, the eleven other "astropaths" look at Mr. Threebags. The elderly woman stands and addresses the head astropath, "Hello child. You must be our head Astropath, Mr. Bags is it? Now my name is Gertrude, and it is ever so nice to meet you. Now if you think I am going to sing, you would be mistaken." The young boy takes a drag from his Lho and goes back to the game.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
One of the other astropaths gets up and approaches Mr. Threebags. He is a gaunt man, and judging by his eye sockets, he really is an astropath. "Good day sir, I am Mathias, humbly at your service. We are only waiting, here in the ready room, for our services to be used, which they obviously won't be when we are still docked at or benefactor's station!"

He then leans in close and whispers, "Watch yourself you fool! That is no old woman, but an unbound daemonhost! It wants only to goad you into attacking it, so it can crush you and claim your spot as head astropath!

The ratings give Namtar a strange look, and move about their way. The Servant of Nurgle quickly unpacks his things. setting up his churgeon shop. Then the servant of the servant of Nurgle scampers through the tattered sheet, having "played" with the rats. The crew in this section of the ship will soon need Namtar's services, if they want it or not.

Since there is someone here from like each game I play on the forums, I'm going to be visiting family over the holiday weekend and purposely staying off the web, so don't expect an update in this game or from me in any other games until probably Tuesday.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
As Mr. Threebags speaks, Mathias responds, still in a whisper, "While the daemon has the power to smite you and take your position, it fears Master Aethun even more, and dares not move against you, at least not in the open. Watch yourself, the thing scares the poo poo out of me." As Mr. Three-Bags leaves the room to head to the briefing chambers, he tries to actively scan the auras of the other psykers, but all is drown out by an extremely powerful, baleful force.

Back in the executive quarters, FLINT IRONSTAG, Hashim and Vincent decide on a course of action. It seems both the practice dummy and the firing range target has a scoring system and variable dodge/parry settings. They decide that each contestant would choose either the firing range or the practice dummy and each get five tries, the one with the highest score wins the room.

They set the dummies to Marginal dodge ability. Flint, being the only one with a true advantage in ranged combat, takes the firing range with is bolt pistol. The scoring system seems simple, one point for an arm or leg hit, two points for a body hit, and three for a head head. Flint decides not to mess around, aiming and firing only at the head. The first shot goes wide, the second shot barely misses, the third one should have hit, but the dummy, even on the lowest dodge setting next to off, still dodges, and the final two go wide, netting Flint Ironstag Zero Points!

The human goes next, opting for the melee dummy. He also decides not to screw around, and goes for the head with all his attacks. Most of his strikes go wide, but two glance on the head, giving Vincent, the human, Six Points!

Hashim knows what he must beat to win the room, and knows the quickest was is to go for the head. He performs on par with the human, and scores two head strikes for a total of Six points! It is down to Hashim and Vincent, do they dare compromise on the room, go again on the dummies, or perhaps test against each other?

As soon as this fight over the room is done, then we go to briefing. The target shooting, to make it fair, was all called shots against a dodge of 25. You each had called shot/sure strike, so it was still only -10 for each of you. So no bitching.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Hieronymus Schecte looks around the bridge. He sees some controls that don't seem standard. He looks at them, but cant figure them out. He presses a few buttons, and the only thing he notices is alarm klaxons going off warning of a sudden depressurization in the cargo holds. The fallen noble presses a few more buttons and the klaxons stop, and indications show that the hold is repressurizing.

You failed a tech use test by 3 DoF so you accidentally activated the evacuation bay, spewing the contents and crew inside into the void, ship looses one population.

FLINT, angry at his humiliating defeat, fires a charged shot from his plasma pistol at the training Mannequin out of spite, and still misses the damned thing. He storms out, vowing to find one of the more comfortable and spacious rooms. Vincent and Hashim each agree on one more aim at the head with the dodge off, first to hit wins the room. The two alternate swings, First Vincent misses, then Hashim, then Vincent again, but Hashim gets it on his second hit. Vincent wins the room!Hashim wins the room!

There are plenty of posh multiroom state rooms for all of you. I also encourage the use of this firing range to settle disputes.

Temporarily lost in a small warp time bubble Vorgash makes it to the Laboratorium just as Xanatova and Mary finish their conversation.

Werix fucked around with this message at 03:05 on May 31, 2013

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Vincent

Flush with victory, Vincent nonetheless spots an opportunity to ingratiate himself with the Astartes and perhaps get a little something for himself. "Lord Hashim, that was a great competition. I admit, I was mostly interested in the practice and not so much on the room itself. I'd be happy to give you this room as it's likely the captain will wish for you to be the head of defense for our vessel. If we happen across a nice power sword in the future, keep me in mind though."

Ehrm, Hashim actually won the room, I said as much, but then when I bolded the winner, I accidentally typed your name. Corrected my error with all the shame of strikethrough for all to see.

Werix posted:

The two alternate swings, First Vincent misses, then Hashim, then Vincent again, but Hashim gets it on his second hit. Vincent wins the room!Hashim wins the room!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The command staff finally meet in the main briefing room. It is a domed structure behind the bridge, acting as a hub in the middle of all the state rooms. The wheel and spoke design of the briefing room in the middle of the state rooms vaguely reminds the command group of the Chaos star, a reassuring feeling.

There are surprising few other individuals in the room besides the group recently arrived on ship. Tibur is present, as is the cat servo-skull. next to Tibur is Magos Uther, looking as impatient as a man with his face hidden under a hood and augments can be. It seems everyone is assembled, but Tibur seems to wait. After a time, a woman rushes in. She is dressed in an elaborate robe of maroon with gold piping and elegant designs embroidered on it. It has a large hood which is up. Her face is completely concealed by a white Carnival Mask. She is perfumed with the scent of lavender.

"Excuse me lords and ladies, I was dealing with a sudden emergency; it appears some fool activated our Evacuation bays and emptied the cargo and the loading crews into space. The cargo is being gathered right now, but the crew cannot be currently replaced, Aethun is very displeased."

Tibur speaks up in his ever-shifting accent, "Aight, so's ya'll met me. Dis one to mah right is Magers Uther, he's a tech-guy in charge of keeping the ship going. The lady to my other right is Vice-Captain Olivia, she's in charge of the ship personnel. That's aboot it for high level command staff, as the ideaer was that you would be in charge o' stuff, like Mr. Ironstang bein' in charge o' tha guns, Hashim being in charge of boarding and defending, Mr. Threebags the astropaths, Vorgash Navigating, and so ons. So I guess, what's our orders so we ca' get underway?"

Okay, I'm still trying to work out the kinks on warp travel using a warp practitioner. I am also toying around with the idea of a "ship alignment" where the ship's overall alignment would be the same as whichever god is the most favored deity among you folks; giving you guys something to consider when buying skills and to plot over, because, well Chaos. It would provide bonuses and negatives when working with other Chaos folks and dealing with daemonic incursions. Since none of you are aligned yet, I got some time to work on it.

Lastly, since we have so many folks, I'm toying with the idea of a separate In character talk thread, where you guys can plot, argue, and shoot the poo poo, all IN CHARACTER, without having to wait for things to get settled in the main thread(like the bit about the room). Stuff said in that thread would carry over here, and I'd monitor it, though not really ever post in it. Any interactions with NPCS, as well as anything obviously relating to the current mission/game happenings, would still be in the main thread. The idea is it would represent a lot of the "down-time" conversations you guys engage in. Mull it over, and in your upcoming posts, indicate if you are for or against the idea, majority wins.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Olanphonia posted:

Vincent

I love the idea of the Chaos ship in particular. The more corrupted we get, the more crazy our ship looks and the harder it is for us to be inconspicuous. Adds some extra challenge at higher levels of experience.

What I had in mind actually was that the ship would just have an alignment, so that if you ran into some Khorne Pirates, and the ship was dedicated to Tzeentch, you'd get negatives trying to talk your way out of things, and positives dealing with followers of Tzeentch while in the ship. However, I like the idea of the ship becoming more corrupted as you guys do; maybe based on how high the average group corruption is? Then I could have the ship test against a mutation table? I like this...

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
At the mention that the target is Scintila, Tibur gasps and Olivia looks around the room, her blank mask hiding whatever emotions she was feeling. Only the Magos remained impassive, though that might be due in part to him being a machine beyond emotion.

"Freekin' Scintiler?" Tibur cries. "I knew we'd be doin' some espionage stuff, but the big guy wants us going right to the heart of the Imperium? Right off da bat? Well, this'll be tha shortest touar I've evea done."

Olivia ignores Tibur's statement and instead answers Mr. Threebags, "The evacuation hold was specially installed in the vessel. It allows for the entire contents of the cargo hold to be immediately dumped in case we were ever cornered by Imperial forces with less than legal contents, though right now it was mainly filled with rations that had just been brought on board, and the men who were disseminating them to kitchens across the ship. It, along with our Variable figurehead, are to help us remain undetected in Imperial space. It can only be activated on the bridge."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The Magos speaks up, ++The controls for the evacuation bay are on the bridge. It is an unlabeled innocuous button, as a large sign saying 'press this to dump your illegal goods' would not be helpful if boarded. There is no safety lock, since the point is to be able to quickly dump the entire holds in the event of Imperial Suspicion. There is also no other button that does so.++ The Magos glowing green eyes flicker off for a second then come back on, ++As we are not underway, and were awaiting you, the logs state the only individual assigned for duty on the bridge was Mr. Tibur++

Tibur's eyes go wide and he starts to stammer, "Well, yeah, but I brought dose of you not wanting to poke around directly here, remember?" he looks to Corvax and Lysandra who came with Tibur to the briefing room. "An' like the Magers says, dare is only the one button on the bridge! Logs be different than like a auspex scan. Log only says who i' on duty, not if day actually there! We got like an auspex or something Magers?"

Magos Uther's eyes blink off and then on again, "++as proper void faring preparations have not been completed yet, as we have not gone into the void, the holo-recorders and the auspex were not activated. The door logs show the doors opening. Then 55.8 seconds later they opened again, when I assume everyone left. Then 4.57 minutes later they opened, shortly AFTER the bays were evacuated. As such whomever did so must have stayed behind from our new group and activated the evacuation bay.++

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Magos Uther looks at the group, ++You want a failsafe on the device designed to quickly and efficiently expel contraband? Would you like me to hold all your genitals for you when you use the restrooms? I will not install a failsafe, but I will gladly show all of you the button, so you don't make the same mistake as our esteemed pilot. The rest of the controls are standard save the Variable figurehead and the Empyrean Mantle, which I now believe requires in depth explanations. The Empyrean mantle has no controls to activate it, and instead autaomatically triggers when the ship is in silent running, so you won't be screwing it up.++

Uther pauses before continuing, ++The variable figurehead is an interesting design. The tech priests of Mars are nothing if not uninventive, as such, spacecraft often look the same. In the vastness of space, one Sword class frigate looks like another one from even 5 VUs away. However, figureheads are pieces of art, and unique from ship to ship and used to identify them. Our figurehead here is a highly complex, and illegal, mechanism that at the press of a button reconfigures the figurehead into one of five different takes on the Aquila figurehead. One is a replica of this ship's original figurehead, and the others are each unique, so as to basically give the ship five different covers. Keep in mind the device is slow, so you don't want to use it after you need it, since the other party will see it move, but before.

After the Magos falls silent, Olivia answers Vincent, "Mi'lord, the food was in void sealed shipping containers, as we speak, voidsmen in lighters are retrieving the food. The crewmen is another matter. While Lord Aethun is prepared to help us replace losses, he did not expect us to loose any before leaving the station, and this has none to spare. His station-side rep said our Dark Lord is very upset."

The in character side thread is live!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, I want to get this moving on into warp, but before I do, I want to get the actual procedure for traveling in the warp down. Since I am a masochist, I decided I will use the longer rules from the Navis Primer. Here are the stages and the changes I shall make:

I shall do the route stability and the estimated time as usual. Sometimes it will be set, othertimes I'll use the random table. This of course, is kept secret.

Stage one: Divining the Auguries: This shall have the same effects of being able to give the right time and stability as usual. If our "navigator" uses a ritual, he gets the normal +10. He can also get bonuses for using charts. However, since he is not a house Navigator, he must pass a Scholastic Lore(Navis Nobilite) or Forbidden Lore (Navigators) test to use normal navigator charts. Other more Daemonic charts can be made or acquired, which will use other skills.

Stage two: Translation:Warding Ill tidings is as usual, though the ward will probably be a sacrifice or something, I leave that to our captain. Omens works as normal. The willpower-based Effects of translation is unchanged, since that's the fun part.

Stage Three: Locating the Astronomican: This one obviously is changed. This will represent the navigator conferring with dark forces to provide him with a stable route, above and beyond what is done in stage One with using charts. How he does it is up to the navigator, but it will require some form of Forbidden Lore skill check, like daemons if binding a minor daemon to a host.

Stage four: Navigation: will work as usual

Stage five: exiting the warp: is also unchanged.

I was tempted to use the "playing without a navigator rules on page 35 of the primer, but you guys DO have a navigator, even if they're a witch.

I'll leave this up for one day to get comments and feedback, especially from you, kingcom, and then translation A-ho! That said, Jolinaxas, give us our stage two Warding of ill tidings. You only need to describe it once, after that I'll assume it is done everytime unless like an emergency jump. If you don't have the Navis Primer kingcom, then let someone know on #acolyte and someone can probably fill you in on the rules.

Thanks to kingcom getting you guys a 240 day warp trip, and this isn't rogue trader, going with simple rear end rules. He makes Psyesence and Navigate warp tests. For each success it will lower the roll on table 2:6 warp travel encounters, for each failure raise it. One roll for a trip, and hope its all's well.

Werix fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 6, 2013

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
With all matters attended to, the group splits up. As it would still be a few hours until the food was hauled in from the void and distributed to the different galleys throughout the ship, it gave Vorgash enough time to plot his course. He spends time looking at the left over Navigator maps, but can make no sense of them. They are drafted in a way that only someone who sees the warp differently can understand, and uses shorthand that is peculiar to Navigators. Instead he surrenders himself to the Warp, loosing himself in it. He rides the eddies and flows, traveling for what seems forever, but is but only and hour. He reports to the bridge that he is ready to go.

Satisfied with the report from Vorgash, Corvax orders the sacrifice of a ratling. He tasks Father Boli and Namtar Thrice-Born with preparing him. He is strapped down and does not fight the process, instead reveling as each unholy Icon is burned and carved into his flesh, likely some demented devotee of Slaanesh. It is only as he is dragged to the airlock and realizes he is going to die does he plead for his life, which falls upon deaf ears. Afterwards, the ship translates into the warp.

It is soon apparent why Vorgash was trapped in the warp for nine-thousand years. After a few days of warp travel, the ship crosses a warp eddy and plunges into a temporal hole. As the ship circles around and around the hole, Vorgash plots a route out for Hieronymus Schecte to follow. He does so, and the ship makes it out the temporal hole, and on to exiting the warp.

As it does so it is faced with an Imperial Naval Cruiser on the edge of the system which broadcasts a message that Tibur plays on the bridge vox, ++Unidentified ship, please hold position for ident verification and Customs questionare++

Okay, simplified warp rules a-ho. Also, since no one said so, the variable figurehead is still set as the Abominable Sovereign's figurehead.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

goatface posted:

Quick question while I'm pondering things: what are we carrying that might be of interest to customs (beyond the obvious)? Is there a trade component to this mission, or are we going to have to come up with an excuse as to why we've made the exceedingly expensive journey with no obvious route to paying for it?

Nothing in the hold, just have to be prepared to give satisfactory answers to their customs questions.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The command staff enacts their plan. Hashim prepares a repelling party and joins the rest of the Fallen Astartes in the Navigator's quarters. Hieronymus Schecte looks at the augurs of the other ship. He identifies it as a standard Lunar-class cruiser, slower than the Sovereign, but more heavily armed. From this range they could out-run the larger ship and it's guns, but having not been given the order, Schecte keeps the vessel where it is.

The Cruiser gets closer, and the lights that indicate the ship is being actively scanned turn on. A comm is received from the vessel, "Abominable Sovereign this is Naval Patrol Sigma Epsilon thirteen. Please state the nature of your business in Scintillian space."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The VOX chirps to life, "Copy that Abominable Sovereign. Sector records confirm that the Abominable Sovereignwas last owned by bearer of the Deche Warrant of Trade. You are free to continue to High anchor but make sure to check in with customs for a full disclosure interview. Failure to do so is a violation of Imperial Law. Emperor shine on you."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
From the outer reaches of Scintillian space to the planet proper is another week long voyage. The entire time the crew sees other ships coming and going. In particular a lot of Imperial Navy ships seems to be heading in system. Hashim tries to look for some ratlings to fight Hieronymus Schecte, but no one wants to risk killing the one individual responsible for flying the ship when they go through the warp. The only exception to this is a few Legionnaire Khorne berserkers, which Hashim rules out. He is surprised to find other Legionnaires besides the command staff, but there are at least a dozen others that Hashim encounters on his scouring.

After a week of travel, the ship finally arrives at High anchor. The crew are frightened by what they see. It appears as if the entire sector Navy is present, with hundreds of ships from Frigates to even a handful battle-cruisers.

An Administratum tug leads the ship into birth between a Naval Cruiser and a Chartarist Transport. The tug reminds the crew that they must register with customs and communicate how they desire to conduct their Customs Questionare before they will be given permission to land planetside.

Sorry about the delay, was out of town this weekend. Posts a-ho!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Before embarking Father Boli attempts to get in contact with the ship next to them to get more information as to the nature of the large Imperial fleet. He contacts the vessel and gets their communications officer. The officer raises the captain to come and talk. Once the captain gets on the VOX and finds out that Boli represents a Rogue Trader, he shares some unkind words with him, and cuts the vox. Whatever information they are to receive, won't be from the ship adjacent.

Father Boli and the rest of the non-legionaries board a lighter piloted by Schecte over to a space station that acts as the customs headquarters for the planet. The station is large, easily twice the size of the station that Aethun has claimed for himself out in the Vortex. Many small ligthers similar to the ones the humans were in are docking and undocking constantly. Also docked to the vessel are a few smaller escort craft, obviously used when they do boarding of vessels. Smaller than even a raider and likely not capable of warp travel, the vessels could still carry a veritable army of Administratum customs officials to descend on ships like locousts; yet another sign of a bloated and rotting Imperium.

The away team dock with the station and are brought into a waiting room where other captains appear to be waiting. Like all Imperial architecture it is filled with skull carvings and paintings of the False God and Loyalist space Marines. After about an hour wait a servo skull comes and summons the group into a small office. There is a large wooden desk against the wall. Files and data slates pile on the desk. Against one wall is a glossy painting of some large warship, held in a large frame with a thick glass pane covering it.

A small man with eye augmentics stares up from the desk, face basked in the green glow coming from the cogitator terminal on the desk. He motions for everyone to sit, even though there is but one chair, and no where near enough room for everyone to stand. After fishing a file out of the pile and looking over it he finally speaks, his voice creaky, "Usually I have the ship captain and maybe a seneschal in the room. If all of you are not necessary, I ask you to leave. Now where is Jerrimiah Deche? None of you seem to match the picts I have on record for him."

Sorry goatface, rolled a 91. As for you marines shipbound don't worry, I plan to get you planetside for some fun in the underhives or something. In the meantime, you could Make thinly veiled threats at each other!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Lysandra tries all her little tricks, but none seem to work. The little Pheromone generator she has implanted appears to suffer performance anxiety in front of the bureaucrat and refuses to activate. She tries to speak to him on his level, but he seems unphased. Lastly, she resorts to the last trick she has left, and that is to subtly flirt with the man. She was designed to be irresistible, and that seems to have an effect. Lysandra bats her eye lashes, speaks softly so that the Customs Officer has to lean in to listen, practically ogling her fleshglobes.

He barely listens to her describe the long and hard battles her "father" is engaged in against deplorable Pleasure Cults filled with lust crazed cultists barely wearing anything. The Officer just stammers, "Well... I'm glad your father is using his warrant for something other than riches. I see nothing wrong here, your stay here is approved, and lets just wave the rest of the interview and there is no need to request a search of the vessel, since you're obviously not carrying anything." He types some things into his cogitator terminal and grants the group unlimited landing at any landing pads planetside.

You failed both your roll to activate the gland and use serpent's tongue. In the end it came down you you getting 3 DoS on the charm, and him 4 DoF, more than enough to have him wave you through.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Having dealt with Customs, the Human crew leaves in their lighter, and heads down to the surface. Tibur contacts the ship and lets the group know he has already contacted Stephen Gramsh, the escrow agent at the bank, and is informed you are coming. On the way down to the surface Xanatova and Schecte wrack their brains trying to figure out why all the ships are in orbit. Schecte is too focused on flying to come up with anything. (More like your crappy Int of 26 means you fail all lore rolls) Xanatova has better luck. Based on knowledge she has picked up about naval combat, a group would be gathered here like this only if one of two things was happening: a large military force was en route to invade, or a war threatening the entire sector was being fought else where. As customs is still letting ships approach the planet, the later seems the most likely, but what they are massing forces for is still unknown.

The lighter makes it through the atmosphere. The vessel lands on a private landing pad at the Third Sector Bank of Scintilla. The building is a large spire in and of itself. Of great worry is the fact that it is in the shadow the Tricorn. All the heretics are ill at ease knowing that at any moment thousands of Inquisitorial agents could be staring out their windows right at them.

They are greeted by a page and taken to an opulent waiting room where all types of pastries and spirits are there for offer. After about an hours wait, the page returns and leads the group into an opulent office where they meet Stephen Gramsh.

"Hey nice to meet ya, Stephen Gramsh, but my friends call me Steve, though it's Mr. Gramsh to you! See that's a joke, you guys can call me Steve if you want!" He looks over the group for a second and continues, "What gives? I was told you guys were gonna have Astartes with you? Again, just kidding, I'm sure you left them on the ship."

"Steve" suddenly looks serious, "Look, you guys are looking to have a Warrant of Trade Escrowed here indefinitely, a very expensive undertaking, and your employer already told me he doesn't have the Thrones. However, it seems we share certain, articles of faith. Me and my associates need some help. You do two things for us, your stolen warrant gets escrowed."

He holds up his and extends his thumb, "First, one of my associates, name of Heston, has gone missing, was babling about people coming after him. I need you to find him, or find out what happened to him, he's important to me." He holds up his index finger, "secondly, another associate of mine in Gunmetal city got picked up by the Arbites out there. They're gonna ship him off to to the Tricorn outside, where the Inquisition is going to torture him, he'll reveal my name, and then they'll investigate everything I've done, including helping you with your warrant. So spring him from the clink. We gotta deal, or you going to ask a ton of questions first?"

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
"So, who let you out of the Convalescence home, grandpa? You don't have to worry about me concealing details, I'm an advocate; I can't do my work if clients keep information from me, and I'll extend the same courtesy. Heston, crazy bastard is a chemist, cooks up tainted chems we sell to decadent nobles to turn them. For all I know the bastard was hallucinating and tripping balls, but he's been off the grid for a while. Oscarr, he's a gunsmith for us in Gunmetal city, not exactly a devotee, but no Corpse god lover either. Some rival actually planted false evidence of Chaos involvement in his workshop and called the fuzz on him. He's in the Arbites Justice Black holding for now, but he'll be transfered via ground train to the Tricorn any day, maybe even today for all I know."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Steve smiles at Lysandra, "See, they should have had you talking first, sweetie." He makes a semi-repulsive wink at the construct while pulling out a dataslate and sliding it across the elegant desk. "That's all I got on Heston. He has two residences, one upper hive and one when he's 'slumming it' and a warehouse. As for the train, well I don't ever go to Gunmetal, does it look like I go to Gunmetal city?"

He leans back waiting for the next questions. He's a pompous rear end in a top hat, but as far as Lysandra can tell, a genuine one.

goatface posted:

Meta-game table talk: I am assuming that the Astartes will be 'intervening' with the Arbites while us lesser mortals will be locating Heston. Boli would probably not survive contact with a fully manned Arbite Fortress, and certainly wouldn't be very useful in a gung-ho snatch raid on an Inquisitorial tower.

That was the plan, but it doesn't have to be exclusive. If Schecte wants pick up the marines from the top of a speeding train, or Vorgash wants to use his powers to find the drug dealer, go right ahead. You guys are allowed to mix and match, this isn't the 50s you can integrate if you want. But always remember, you can't blow your cover, discretion, and all that.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
"There's a safehouse location in the dataslate there, Porthos. Oh, and be careful using your own ships, customs tracking keeps all ships on auspex scanners from when they leave a ship all the way to landing, so the first thing they'll check when you hit the Arbites is air traffic, and tie your ship right to it."

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Steve suddenly jumps up from his desk, pushing himself away. "What is this crap, a psyker!?" he shouts at the room. "You don't just go jumping in peoples' minds like that without asking! What the hell is wrong with you? I don't care which of you that was, get out of my office, you have the data slate. Go do your jobs, or you can kiss that Warrant Escrow goodbye!

Realizing they have pushed their luck, the human infiltration team leaves and heads back to the ship, to better digest the intel they have been given, and to confer with their Astartes counterpoints as to a plan.

That's my way of pushing things along, also to punish frankie! for constantly mind-talking, not everyone is used to that, ya know.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Boli reads the dataslate. It contains the address of the runner, a Dr. Ernest Heston. There is an address of primary residence in the upper hive spires. It also contains an address mid-stacks that is a second residence, and a third address of an abandoned industrial facility in the lower stacks, used for storage and chem-making.

It also contains information on "Oscarr" no other name. Heretekical gunsmith engaging in "innovative" weapon design, with a legitimate weapons business as cover. Was arrested on bogus cultist activities. Known to be bogus as he is not a Chaos Worshiper, but does work with Chaos cults. Currently in Arbites compound in Gunmetal city. The Hover-train leaves weekly with prisoners, with the next train leaving in two days. The Train will go to the Sector Arbite headquarters in the main hive, and Oscarr will likely be transported from there to the Tricorn.

The safe house location for both men to be dropped off at is a set of global positioning coordinates that indicate a patch of waste outside the hive cities.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Mr. Threebags decides his best course of Penance is to find some use to the Dark Gods and his mission. Before the rest of the renegades return to the ship, Mr. Threebags glances at the dataslate and picks out the address of Ernest Heston's Upper Stack condo; they were already in the upper stacks so it made a sensible target.

The building is a large spire jutting off the side of the upper hive, close to the Palace. Each Condo occupied a floor of the building, and the lift requires either a key code or to be buzzed up. Luckily, the dataslate had the keycode, and Mr. ThreeBags Punches it in. The Condo is on a high floor, and it takes the Psyker five minutes to ascend.

He steps off the elevator into disarray. What was once an opulent living suite has been reduced to a mess. Even to an untrained eye this was not the result of reckless partying, but a systematic search. Tables are overturned, books ripped off shelves and leaved through, holes in walls between studs, paintings and couches ripped open.

In the back of his mind the psyker senses a small warp presence. Non-sentient, like the very small sense of taint on an object. He tries to find the taint, but keeps being brought to an empty bookcase. The small presence is right behind it, there must be a false room, Mr. Threebags cannot find it.

pre:
Opperation Breaking Badder
Father Boli
Xanatova    
Lysandra
Mr. Threebags

Current plan: Meet with Threebags, work way through clues and locations on dataslate

Operation Thin Lizzy
Corvax
Hashim
Vincent
Namtar
Vorgash
Hieronymus Schecte
FLINT MOTHERFUCKING IRONSTAG

Current plan: flyover and drop on train.
Okay, does the above split of labor look right? Also, Operation Thin Lizzy give me your full plan. Right now some want to board the train, others want to sneak aboard, others want to attack the Arbites precinct-block Assault on Precinct 13 style so hash it out. Take all the in thread time you need, you guys should be thinking these things through.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
On Board the The Abominable Sovereign
At the question, Tibur looks at Corvax, shrugs, and says, "That's Vice-Capin Oliver's department." At the mention of her name, the masked former Navy Captain steps forward, salutes, and pulls out a dataslate. "Right now my lord we have four Arvus Class lighters in the main, and only docking bay. There is the hull and some components for a Fury Interceptor in one of the smaller holds left here by the original owner. Why he only had one, why it was incomplete and in pieces is beyond me, but I made the executive decision to keep it in the hold before you arrived my lord. It needs extensive work, a multitude of parts, and labor that could not be completed in our timeframe, but is a project for the future." Afterwards, Vice-Captain Olivia bows and returns to her position.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
e: nevermind

Werix fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jul 3, 2013

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Xanatova is able to construct the signal jammer with what was laying around, sure to block military signals in a wide range, well in planetary terms.

The group finds that Vorgash has a good plan and since the rescue has a hard time frame they all decide to go to gunmetal city and message the errant psyker.

Mr. Threebags is able to use subtle warp manipulation on the locking mechanism, opening a small room. Inside is table with a scale, some blue powder in little baggies and an encrypted dataslate. The powder is the source of the warp stench, and he takes all the powder and the slate before being picked up.

The lighter with everyone in it lands at an abandoned warehouse in gunmetal that the escrow agent told them about when he was voxed during the landing, having calmed down, but still angry about the earlier psychic intrusion.

Sorry about the delay no internet at my new place for another week so posting from my work phone. I consolidated you all to speed things up. So all of you are on operation thin lizzy following Vorgash'S plan of capturing a dude to mind screw.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Everyone who can leave the warehouse does so to put their plan into motion. There are a lot of gangs in Gunmetal city, and the group settles on one of them to be where they plant the tainted drugs. It does not take long for the group to find a particular group of patsies, a group calling themselves the Ventilators, living a few levels below the team's current position in an abandoned ammunition factory.

Mr. Threebags is tasked with finding a suitable location for the plant, to call it in, and to observe the location. he chooses a dumpster outside of the gang's territory. He then calls in an anonymous complaint that the gang is selling drugs and one of the stash locations is the dumpster. Mr. Threebags sits at a nearby cafe for a couple of hours and eventually a small Arbites squad comes and tosses the dumpster, finding the drugs.

While that is going on, Boli and Vincent spend their time looking around the warehouses and buildings near-by the Ventilator's territory for a place the group can watch and ambush from. It takes a while, but they find an old administratum office complex with an underground parking ramp and a view of the ammunition factory. After disposing of some intoxicated vagrants, they inform the group they can move in.

Lastly, Xanatova uses her technology skills to find a covered flatbed truck large enough to fit the team, even the fallen astartes, coerces the machine spirit to operate for her, and brings it back to their current hideout. They load up the jammer, everyone's equipment, and everyone, secure the lighter, as there isn't the airspace for Schecte to fly it, and then move to the new hideout to wait.

After waiting for what seems to be hours, FLINT MOTHERFRIGGN' IRONSTAG!!!! notices some movement down below. Seems a veritable army of Arbites in full riot gear are moving to surround the building. Among the Arbites, some non-standard folks can be seen, Boli is sure he sees a judge, Vincent spies someone in power armor, and Vorgash and Mr. Threebags suddenly taste a warp user in the area. It seems the arbites may have brought friends.

Okay, so you guys can swoop in now, wait for the gang and the arbites to thin each other out, try to quick grab an arbite and GTFO all silent like, or whatever you want.

ATTENTION! Anyone who does not post by Wednesday at 6 P.M. Central Standard Time, even if it is a quick, "I look at the arbites and laugh" is getting kicked from the game, and depending on how many folks are left, either the game might get switched up, or closed down. So if you see any of the folks that haven't posted in a while, light a fire under 'em!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
As the group deliberates on the course of action, a shout is heard from outside. Corvax, already observing, sees an arbite point up to some light flying out of a window, that impacts on the ground, shattering and covering a squad of arbites in burning promethium. Gunfire begins to rain from surrounding windows as the Ventilators fire from multiple vantage points. The arbites find cover where they can, behind crates, long neglected trashbins, and other piles of refuse.

The individual in the power armor shouts out, oblivious to the small arms fire erupting around him, "ENGAGE THE ENEMY, BUT REMEMBER TO TAKE PRISONERS, THE INQUISITION WANTS TO KNOW HOW IN THE WARP GATE-DUST GOT FROM HIVE SIBLLUS TO GUNMETAL!" as he says the last part he looks over at a cloaked man and nods, the man taking his eye away from his las-carbine long enough to acknowledge and then continues engaging the gangers. The Arbites start to regain composure, and fan out in all directions, one pointing directly at the building the group is in, and a squad in standard arbites gear, two in the front with full riot shields up, moves in its direction.

tick tiock tick tock, got time to get out yet if the plan is to abandon fort, but any more delays and you might have to off some pesky arbites, if that isn't already the plan.

So we still got:
Jolinaxas
the Dozer of men
goatface
Lord Koth
Frankie!
Kingcom
waci
Olanphonia

so still enough to not put this thing out of its misery, as well as 4 marines and 4 humans. But as my word is my bond, the rest of the group has until tomorrow before I declare them officially kicked out and game.

Werix fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Jul 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
The group makes their way down the stairs as quickly as possible, the gunfire escalating outside. The marines jump in the back of the Cargo-8 along with everyone save Vincent and Father Boli, who get in the front, the former driving.

The cargo-8 sputters to life and makes its way out of the subterranean parking garage and onto the "surface" street. They drive a block before they run into an Arbites cordon at the other end of the street; apparently they were still inside the Arbite perimeter of the assault on the Ventilators. An arbite is seen waiving the cargo-8 towards the blockade, which is manned with four arbites with two patrol cruisers.

Okay, do you want to try to bluff your way through, run the blockade, kill all the fuckers, etc.