Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!
Man, I wish it was possible for two or three rounds to go by in this game without a whole lot of "ironic" and/or unironic racism!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

herr posted:

I've been playing a lot as Burt Macklin, FBI, on Steam and in-game.

Macklin... you son of a bitch. I play as Peggy Olson, usually on the Japanese side, with the Type 38 Arisaka. We've crossed paths.

Original RO and Darkest Hour are still the most fun for me, but this is a good goddamn sight better than RO2, which I actually uninstalled after having played only a few hours more in release than I did in the beta.

Alain Perdrix fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 23, 2013

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

Rei_ posted:

Like, the only times I've seen hardcore realism military simulation work out is when it's small teams of players who all know eachother, and are all on the same page.

You really don't need that, though. RO and DH are both miles more on the hardcore realism side (in most ways) than RO2 and RS, they only occasionally had any kind of organized play going on, and yet RO was successful enough to prompt Tripwire to make a horrible sequel. Like others say, it's just an issue of learning how to play it. I'm not gonna defend TWI, because they don't deserve that, but too much realism is not really a problem these games are suffering from. Moreover, there are already plenty of games that don't require this playstyle of the player already, so I don't see a reason for RO to become more like those, even though it has anyway. I don't see the problem in a diverse market for FPS games, though again, RO2 and RS really lean hard towards the generic FPS experience as compared to RO and DH - even in realism mode.

Alain Perdrix fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jun 2, 2013

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

TheBlobThing posted:

What the hell is the Mike Nomad Experience? :confused:

Have you ever had a traumatic brain injury? It's almost exactly like that.

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!
I can't stop laughing at the fact that they even bothered to release transports in the beta just now. RO2 released on September 13th, 2011.

It has taken 2.5 years for them to add the APCs promised for release.

• Locked thread