Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANMAN
May 24, 2007
ehhh...meh
This was a fantastic show for a road trip late at night. You're kinda sleepy, there's nobody around, it's pitch black, and your imagination runs wild with Art Bell at the wheel. Given the time of night a lot of truckers would call in and they're often interesting and funny to listen to.

Art and George would always take people at their word no matter how hosed and crazy sounding it was (aside from the stuff any host would hit the dump button on like racism, bad language, drunks, etc). The only real crack down on the bullcrap that I remembered in my listening years was from the non-existent aftermath of the Zeta-talk predictions/prophecy that hogged up soooo much airtime with speaking in tongues and translating it.

I like to remember Art trying global-conscience experiments where he would ask the radio audience to perform a "good thought" in mass to whom or whatever problem there was in the world and try to observe the results.

I remember hearing some of Mel's hole call as it happened. IIRC in the show he estimated he must have lowered thousands of feet of rope into the hole in hopes to find a bottom...only to be countered with the thought that if the rope was truly hanging from the top, all of the rope combined would weigh hundreds of pounds. I could just imagine a huge pile of rope at the bottom of a 20 foot hole along side his broken dreams. Though I should talk...I live near a 1 acre state park that has a 4 foot hole in the top and inside is a ridiculously large cave system that has yet to be fully mapped. I bet it's full of rods, USO's, shadow people, and General Jamison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread