Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I started listening to the show at the tail-end of Art Bell's run, and I have to say that I miss him. George Noory just doesn't seem to right attitude, I mean, the show seems to have turned into the radio equivalent of the SyFy channel. Out of all the hosts, I have to go with Ian. I wish he had become the replacement host, as was originally intended.

Edit: I still think it's interesting that Ian is the most skeptical of their hosts, and he's the one who went through the Episcopalian seminary.

Shaddak fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Quinoa posted:

So does Ian still host any shows? I had heard he had stopped entirely. After Art left for good Ian's shows seemed to be the only ones that had a good dose of intelligence and skepticism mixed in. He made the guests accountable for their bullshit once in a while; which was always great to hear.

He hasn't stopped entirely, but it's only once a month, or so. Something to do with his tinnitus, I think.

As for calling people on their BS, the best times are when someone misquotes (or misrepresents) something from the bible. Ian will kind of stop, and say something to the effect of "Yeah, that's actually not what that says."

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Punch Card posted:

I don't think Noory is a good host, but this makes me like him a hell of a lot more.

I hadn't heard that story, but I have to agree. Realizing that he's probably not even paying attention when the guests ramble does take some of the sting off.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Ian is on tonight! Hell Yeah!

• Locked thread