Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Fargin Icehole posted:

Is Armstrong capable of deconstructing vehicles and matter like the commanders off Total Annihilation?

Nanomachines, son. You should know this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Oh, by the way, if anyone still doesn't have a copy of Revengeance and is willing to wait for something that might not even leave Japan, there's a complete version coming out containing all the DLC missions and skins, even Grey Fox!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Fargin Icehole posted:

Is Armstrong capable of deconstructing vehicles and matter like the commanders off Total Annihilation?

Nanolathes, Peewee.

SWMadness
Jul 16, 2011

Excellent.
Congratulations on another successful LP! I suck balls at fast-paced action games like this, so it's nice being able to appreciate the spectacle with some popcorn while you expertly pilot through it. :allears:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Great job as always Chip and Ironicus. Looking forward to that Megaman Legends LP. :v:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

SWMadness posted:

Congratulations on another successful LP! I suck balls at fast-paced action games like this, so it's nice being able to appreciate the spectacle with some popcorn while you expertly pilot through it. :allears:
If it helps, this game on Normal was a lot easier* than say, any Devil May Cry that I've played (1-4) or Bayonetta, or even the God Of War games on Normal to me.

*Easier overall. You NEED to learn to Parry though.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not just because it'd be great, but also because it'd shut up all of the people who are whining about MGR sucking and not being canon.

The people have already been punished for missing out on MGR.

Kadorhal
Jun 3, 2013

Look, just sign the stupid petition. I've got stuff to do.

Gaseous Snake posted:

Oh, by the way, if anyone still doesn't have a copy of Revengeance and is willing to wait for something that might not even leave Japan, there's a complete version coming out containing all the DLC missions and skins, even Grey Fox!

And, if it doesn't leave Japan, there's still the Ultimate Edition for digital sales on the PSN store I mentioned like a hundred pages ago. Apparently that "limited-time" thing mentioned right on the page there is a lie (I hope it's a lie I'm not going to have the money for that until Christmas at best).

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Great LP. Hopefully Rising 2 has a full budget so we can see what they can really do. I still think it would be fun to play as Armstrong (or someone else like him) at some point but I'm not holding my breath.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Gaseous Snake posted:

That's probably what will be the PC version, too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
That final cinematic with Sam and Armstrong is my favorite one in the whole game. You can see the gears turning in Sam's head as he watches how Armstrong's nanoskin works and figures out how to counter it more quickly and effectively than Raiden did.

Also Sam's explosive-assisted quickdraw is just the coolest and most ridiculous thing it never gets old.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Holy poo poo; I was right about Armstrong. He actually is just a nanomachine colony in the shape of a human being. Instead of cells, he has nanomachines; Armstrong is a 'perfect' Cyborg.

I love you Metal Gear universe.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Armstrong is a perfect cyborg and he's still not immune to Mortal Kombat fatalities. A tough bastard, sure, but not indestructible! :black101:

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Jack with the super awesome samurai katana that cuts tanks and shoots red lightning can kill anything, even a literally immortal blob of nanomachines. Jack alone can kill anything mortal, Jack + Katana can kill god.

Snake is of course good enough that he could do it without the Katana.

Kuru Seed
Jul 29, 2008

It's always sunny in Fillydelphia.
Snack was able to fight Metal Gears without augmentation.

Big Boss even held some from crushing him without augmentation. Could you imagine if they had cyber bodies?

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Snake's super power is somehow making enemies like a hundred times weaker simply by fighting them himself.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Congrats on another fantastic LP.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

Kuru Seed posted:

Big Boss even held some from crushing him without augmentation. Could you imagine if they had cyber bodies?

If Big Boss suddenly became Cyber Boss, he'd be unstoppable. And also powered by cigar smoke.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Big Boss did have a cyborg (well, Snatcher) body.

Solid Snake killed his rear end real good.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 29, 2013

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
A cyborg body that isn't from the 80's.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kuru Seed posted:

Snack? I'm just picturing a ration with a mullet and bandana.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Kind of what Snake(At least Big Boss) is though.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Renoistic posted:

Snake's super power is somehow making enemies like a hundred times weaker simply by fighting them himself.

Snake is the ultimate wildcard capable of defeating absolutely anything with no limits at all. That's why everyone spends so much time trying to make more Snakes; which sometimes works (Solidus), sometimes results in magical nanomachine insanity (Liquid) and sometimes backfires spectacularly (Solid).

Snake is so good that he can even kill supernatural magical nanomachine things; something that Raiden who is basically Diet Snake cannot do without getting a sword upgrade from a :smug: samurai. Normally Raiden is helpless against magical nanomachine nonsense (see Vamp) but Sam's sword gives him the extra edge he needs to compete on the Snake level of ability to take down things way larger and stronger than himself.

Big Boss isn't technically Snake Since he mostly stopped using the Naked Snake codename by the time of MGS. He's old evil Snake and only young good Snake is able to kill him, and even that wasn't exactly easy. Note however that during MGS3 when he is in his prime Big Boss manages to be pretty much the best at being Snake.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Shame that the only other thing that Sam (currently) appears in, is that Playstation Smash brothers thing, albeit as a deformed thing. And he doesn't do or say anything, either.

They still managed to pack alot of :smug: into him though.

As usual, congrats on yet another great LP!

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
Great work on the LP! That homing attack is ridiculous. :stonk:

As for chip's complaint on sub items putting you in place, it reminded about Saboteur (3rd person michael bay GTA in WWII). You could throw grenades in such a nonchalant way regardless what you were doing, aiming a gun, behind cover, looking behind you as you're running away and even driving vehicles if I recall.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Great job! You really make Armstrong seem trivial, people who haven't faced him in the game/DLC just don't understand how ball-busting hard he is, and how god drat satisfying it is to crush his heart.
Also, I don't think you ever showed the best VR mission, Raiden's Streets of Rage.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Thanks for the LP, guys. I didn't know I could learn new things about my GOTY 2013 but here we are.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

See you in 2 years for the MGSV LP.

(oh and every other LP and video you guys will make inbetween.)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Jesus dude do you have a dissertation somewhere?

Anyway, great LP C&I. I laughed the hardest at your accidental derail and subsequent rerail talking about everything but MGR.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Here's that head-shakey thing Sam does with the spines.

And because why not:

Wild Knight
Mar 27, 2010

Foul villain! I do not flee. I will never turn my back on you and run away!

[he says, running away]
You're good people, Chip and Ironicus. This is probably another LP for the list of LPs that have single-handedly convinced its audience to buy the game in droves, alongside NIER and probably Deadly Premonition a few others I can't remember.

Thanks for the LP and for introducing so many people to one of the best action games this year.

Checkpoint stupidity and ranking system quirks and all.

goddamn checkpoints

PS: Turns out my previous problem with trying to get No Damage on Monsoon, if anyone cares, it's another silly checkpoint quirk -- if you go to the Customize screen in the middle of a ranked fight after taking damage, the game checkpoints and saves the fact that you took damage, depriving you of the bonus. So get your sword and subweapon of choice and wigs ready before going for those No Damage trophies, guys!

...PPS:

Pesky Splinter posted:

that Playstation Smash brothers thing
Interesting thing about Raiden in PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royaletm: not only did he appear in it before Revengeance actually came out, it was dead-on accurate in representing his moves. The animations for his Square and Triangle combos are exactly the same as they are in Revengeance.

That's about the only interesting thing about PASBR, granted.

Wild Knight fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Oct 29, 2013

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Sam's just got his ipod on at full blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdrETs1k1kQ

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
I'm so stoked for Mega Man Legends, you guys have no idea.

But this LP was pretty amazing, and while I already owned the game before the thread started, I probably would have bought it if I didn't.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.
Sam's content really should have ended in a flash forward to the first chapter in the main game where you fight Raiden as a full-fledged boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
Ah, you probably all knew this would happen.

• Locked thread