Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Been really looking forward to this LP, loved the hell out of this game and have sunk well over 100 hours across the main game and DLC.

Toffile posted:

When is this game coming out on PC :smith:

They actually just announced a PC port a couple of days ago, my guess is we'll get a release date and some more general info about the port during Konami's pre-E3 event this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
It's a shame the coolest costume was a pre-order bonus that you still can't even buy in America. Chip probably has it though so I'm sure he'll show it off at some point.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Chip Cheezum posted:

Speaking of the music linked in here, this is actually an older version of the RAY theme that isn't used in the game. The one used in game is "Rules of Nature". The other version is called "Locked and Loaded" and isn't used in the game anywhere, but still appears on the official soundtrack. It sounds similar but has different lyrics.

It is? I have the vocal album because I'm a dork but all it has is the Rules of Nature version.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I'm pretty sure the hair isn't real anymore either, it's more of a silver color now instead of blonde.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I think I literally squealed when I was first playing this game and got the codec call where Raiden asks "So how does it taste?"

Maremidon posted:

I think the implication is that he's still bitter about being dicked around by AIs in MGS2.

This idea makes the interaction between the two way funnier to me.

Edit: Oh my god I forgot about Raiden making fun of Doktor's accent he is such a dick in this game.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jun 15, 2013

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

Chaos341 posted:

I'm sure you meant that to but funny but you failed.

Eh, as a connoisseur of three-fifths compromise jokes I'd give it like a six out of ten.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Staying in Ripper Mode while in Blade Mode can actually be pretty handy, time is slowed down a lot more if you're have ripper mode activated while in blade mode. Time moves so slowly that you don't have to worry about enemies attacking you or an enemy's core flying off into the distance because you missed with your first slice and sent it flying. It really comes in handy with a certain attack one of the later bosses does.

Also I don't think ripper mode has a random chance of lopping limbs off, I'm pretty sure it just cuts through anything weak enough to be cut off in blade mode. With normal enemies or enemies that have become blue I've never had it not dismember them.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Now that the game is over I can post the ridiculously misleading and melodramatic final trailer that Kojima himself edited. Kojima's love of Hollywood really shines through because he spoils literally everything in the game, including showing some brief shots of Raiden fighting Armstrong. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Op8mjKZxccM

I find the difference in tone between the trailer and the game hilarious, and snicker at the thought of diehard Kojima fans seeing the trailer and saying "Oh man it really IS a Metal Gear game!", buying the game, and then being treated to Rules of Nature ten minutes in.

• Locked thread