Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I have never been so happy to hear turn-of-the-millennium emo buttrock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'll accept the new av, because it is pretty striking, but I'll miss the cavalry guy. Mostly because it was there for so long that's just how I picture Chip, and now I'll be disappointed if he doesn't look like that.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
All I can really add to the Mistral discussion (I really have no opinion on the 'sexual in bad way or not' of her look, but I do personally think her design's better than Courtney's) is to point out that in pretty much every picture we've posted of her, she's using her arms to strike multiple, simultaneous sexy poses. Which is actually a little bit impressive, although at the same time it's actually not sexy at all.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Lance Streetman posted:

No, the next step for the series is Afghanistan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6WgLOjKxmI

Was that Troy Baker playing Ocelot? If it is I'm amazed, and convinced that he's becoming the new Steve Blum, only more fun to listen to.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Valgaav posted:

Wow, putting him in a suit just makes everything 50% more hilarious and I'm not sure why.

Please, keep the suit for the rest of the LP. :allears:

The only way the suit could be even better is if the shades were a visor instead of just part of the outfit. But yes, I agree that the suit is the best outfit, and somehow makes everything perfect.

Although it has a weird effect, where since all the extra bits of Raiden aren't there, the spines look way bigger in comparison.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
You know the theory that Twin Snakes was Raiden's VR simulation of Shadow Moses?

I just want to say that my new theory is that Raiden took that very much to heart. He thinks all of this is incredibly stealthy.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Neruz posted:

I keep hearing that people were furious about MGR when it game out but I don't understand why; everything I've seen thus far is amazing.

The angry people voted for Ron Paul.

I adore this fight already, because of just how outlandish it is, while at the same time being completely realistic. Armstrong here is very out of place for a Metal Gear boss; this guy exists. In fact most of that fight was kind of painful to watch for me, because that kind of guy exists here in Australia too.

And they're probably getting into power tomorrow. :smith:

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Sep 6, 2013

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Veyrall posted:

See, that would actually be really loving useful in real life. Something that is tremendously dangerous that doesn't also cause tremendous collateral damage is pretty much a dream scenario for most militaries. No human rights fuss, no insurgents left alive, a lot of budget left over for booze and hookers.

Civilian casualties might be pretty low, but structural damage was pretty high in almost all of the game.

Granted that wasn't always Raiden's fault, but he was complicit in quite a bit of it.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Emissary666 posted:

Vamp already had some kind of healing factor prior to his nanomachination. He also demonstrated the ability to walk on water and superhuman jumping ability, both of which are not accounted for with nanomachines. Clearly he has something else going for him.

Well yeah, he's bisexual. Judging by Ocelot and possibly The Boss, that seems to be the winning adjective in Metal Gear-land.

Jury's still out on what abilities Strangelove had.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Khamsin's fight, especially the ending, would be a great pitch for a Sonic game made by Platinum.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Lance Streetman posted:

ED: Coulda done with fewer lingering rear end shots, though.

This is a Metal Gear gme made by Platinum, if anything we needed more lingering rear end-shots.

Not just of Mistral, of every character. Every cutscene should primarily focus on the asses of the characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not just because it'd be great, but also because it'd shut up all of the people who are whining about MGR sucking and not being canon.

The people have already been punished for missing out on MGR.

• Locked thread