Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Ironicus's reaction to things are going to completely make this LP worth it.
I also don't see the practicality of those scissor swords.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

greth posted:

A very good rule for this game is to assume that yes, you can parry it. The attacks you can't are rather rare, and the ones you can aren't necessarily things you'd expect to be able to parry (e.g. a foot stomp by a giant robot). It's also exceptionally vital to get good at this; counter-attack parries (I always called them 'perfect parries' thanks to DMC and the like) do a ton of damage and nearly always leave your opponent in slow-mo blue mode.

And even though I've beaten this game like four times (still haven't steeled myself for Revengence difficulty yet), I love seeing the enthusiasm here in showing off the game. It's like playing it again for the first time :3:

Parrying is pretty much your bread and butter in this game, so it's advisable to get good at it immediately.
Otherwise you will be getting chumped out by basic enemies and the bosses will do unspeakable things to you.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

It'd be awesome if you were able to unlock the suit from Vanquish as a costume.
Then the anime factor would be ratcheted up a few notches.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So exactly how ridiculous do the hiding places for these collectibles get anyway?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

I don't suppose we'll be treated to some iteration of Johnny in this game will we?
He can be the badass relative, similar to that one Carmine from GoW.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So is there any chance you will wear the mariachi costume for the whole game?
And do your codec buddies mention it at all if you wear it at any other point in the game?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

The thing I really like about the secondary weapons in this game is that none of them seem useless since they all serve different purposes. The pole-arm and just using the default sword are definitely the most versatile, but you can switch secondary weapons on the fly.

Can they be used in some sort of special combination?
Like some kind of sword/polearm dual attack dealie?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

And now I guess we wait for George to be resurrected and then subsequently possessed by Ocelot magic.
Orphan Ocelot is the final boss.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Ok that flying collectible is just complete bullshit.
How are they even expecting people to find these without a guide?

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

There wouldn't happen to be any collectibles scattered around a boss fight arena would there? Or somewhere inside a VR mission?
Cause that seems like a type of thing that would happen.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Fedule posted:

So I'm seeing more checkpoint weirdness and this one's a real pain.

I just S-Ranked every ranked battle in Chapter 2, but didn't get the S-Rank for the chapter because one of the ranks was blank. It was the hidden fight against the three Sliders (in the place where you fight the chopper). This is odd because I definitely S-Ranked that battle. On that run I had opened the gate before backtracking, cleared the hidden fight, and then done the next battle in the courtyard and had to restart that, so I figured it was just a matter of needing to save. So this time I cleared the hidden battle, saved, and went to do the next fight (opening the gate and hitting a checkpoint). I restarted that, got paranoid, and went back to the place with the hidden fight... where all the enemies spawned again. Is this just, like, so you can grind that fight or something, or has the game actually erased one of my ranks after I've saved and hit a checkpoint?

What is going on with the checkpoints in this game?

The only clear and reasonable answer is Ocelot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Chip Cheezum posted:

Sam's DLC is noticeably harder than the rest of the game, but I finally got everything recorded. Expect that to be up maybe sometime around next weekend.

I think with Sam, you have to time out your attacks or you're otherwise getting tagged by whoever you're trying to kill.

• Locked thread